What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

(1.6.1, dammit) Been an interesting week, that's for sure. Long post ahead.

Monday I tried to continue my attempts to make v. 1.7.2 work for me but by midday it was clear that the current game version was more than my box could handle, or rather one or more of my mods was making the game itself unplayable, with load times topping out over ten minutes and pretty nasty lag going on while trying to play. I often play the game in spurts of 25 minutes on my work breaks; can't get anything done when half of that time is spent just loading (and then another five minutes are spent clearing it from memory when I have to get back to it). Before rolling back to 1.6.1, I had dumped the fuel out of the Spamcan 7c lander that tipped over during refueling at Enchova Central on Duna, and had set Jonas Grumby on an intercept course to take it to space station Ikeport.

The reluctant revert back to 1.6.1 put me at the point where the Spamcan arrived at Enchova Central, right before engineer Chadul hooked up the resource station's hose to the lander (what made it tip over originally). This time, mods behaved, the lander was successfully refueled without tipping and the colonists transferred into the outpost without any incident. Once refueled, the lander returned safely to space station Dunaport. Grumby burned to intersect Ike and arrived at space station Ikeport a few hours later. Real Final Destination-like setup there, I guess. Anyways...

On Tuesday, my Gilly-bound crew boarded Ikeport's Spamcan 7a lander along with tourist Lizemone Kerman, after which the four kerbals descended to the surface. The crew planted flags, after which the Spamcan returned safely to the station (damn near getting an encounter - coming within 2.5 kilometers - with the Infans Calcitrant Yards in the process). After docking, Jonas Grumby was refueled from the station's stores and the four kerbals embarked aboard the tourist craft. Grumby then ferried the four kerbals safely back to Dunaport. After leveling everybody up (last opportunity to do so this expedition), I did some shuffling of the kerbals at the station, with all the tourists boarded Next Objective and my Gilly crew boarding Strange Cargo; with the four colonists I'd sent to Enchova Central not returning to Kerbin, SC was fairly empty at that point. Both Strange Cargo and Next Objective departed the station after taking on fuel and set course to intercept LSV House Corrino in high Duna orbit, with Next Objective arriving first.

N1qYn6N.png
Next Objective docking with House Corrino. That purple square left of center is Strange Cargo...decided to ride with Corrino until she came into physics range. 

Since it was effectively the last chance for gas, Enchova Central shot up fuel supplies via mass driver to Corrino. All systems secure, Corrino warped out of Duna orbit and set course for Eve, coming within 3.5 gigameters of Kerbol along the way and arriving in Eve's SOI at a blistering 17 kps (owing to the fact that the two planets were on opposite sides of the system). After multiple warp-backs, Corrino settled into a 749x734 kilometer, 3.63° orbit over Eve before the day was out.

First thing on Wednesday, I made the determination to leave both Strange Cargo and Next Objective in orbit of Eve; I figured I'd probably need to have Corrino make the final entry into Gilly orbit on conventional drive and didn't want the two big ferry ships messing with the ship's center of mass. My Gilly-bound crew - pilot Melrie Kerman, scientist Dumin Kerman and engineer Bartzor Kerman - boarded House Corrino's spare Bigby orbital workshop and the two ferry ships were cut loose, both burning to equatorial orbits at about 150 kilometers. I took particular care to get Next Objective into as close of an orbit to the equator as I could, with an inclination of 0.01°. She'll act as the target object when I want to get space station Eveport into position eventually. With the two warp ships away, Corrino warped into position to kill off most of her remaining relative velocity before proceeding at 35% warp to Gilly.

sGBINNT.png
When you weigh 250 tonnes, a pair of Poodles doesn't do much usually. Sure does plenty at a reasonable speed at Gilly, though.

Corrino successfully entered an 83x26 kilometers, 130° inclined orbit over Gilly and then commenced maneuvers to take it to rendezvous with the TBD 7dG base-seeding lander she had left in orbit on her last visit. Once equatorial, the ship released the Bill Clinton 7c grabber probe it had hauled along in her drydock, which then departed to rendezvous with Mathat's Craft for a junk-and-kerbal contract; that rendezvous is set but hasn't happened as of this morning. One thing about Gilly for those of you who've never visited - things don't happen very fast there at all...

About that same time, I got a message from the Dystopia Planitia shipyards over Kerbin - a Bill Clinton 7b probe I'd ordered up there to conduct a junk mission over Kerbin was ready, and I went ahead and launched that probe after fueling. A burn for rendezvous with the target module was conducted on Wednesday, but I had to make a correction yesterday in order to set a good intercept.

Now back to the interesting crap...

0uWQOer.png
I don't remember parking this thing over here...do you?

Corrino affected a successful rendezvous with the TBD, at which point my Gilly crew each jetpacked over in turn. Melrie, the first over, fulfilled the current exploration contract - which was to simply EVA over Gilly - and I was given the go-ahead for landing as hoped.

KQkN1zd.png
While drifting slowly away from Corrino, the TBD came awful damn close to a collision with Corrino's Alcubierre engine. Didn't, thank goodness...not to say that it would've caused catastrophic damage had it happened, but you never know.

Once it reached the proper position to get to the pre-determined target zone, the TBD burned for landing.

dOnQNn2.png
Melrie, you're driving this thing like a bat out of hell!! Maybe!!!

The TBD set down about 60 meters shy of the original target marker. The target zone turned out to be on a ten degree grade, so Bartzor got out of the lander at that point (fulfilling the first part of the exploration contract) and began searching for a spot that would be a little more suitable for establishing a base.

DBLSQty.png
Yes, a kerbal on jetpacks alone can achieve Gilly orbit if they get to going too fast. Happened while Bartzor was off gallivanting around...

Bartzor eventually found a patch of 2° grade about 2.5 kilometers from the original landing site and then proceeded to stand there while I puddle-jumped the TBD over to him.

ee9gUXe.png
The TBD is effectively a monoprop VTOL is this environment, a fact I intend to take advantage of in future missions. It might be the only craft of the TBD line that's actually reusable after the initial landing...

The lander sat down twenty meters south of Bartzor's position, well within range of KIS cables. Everybody/thing in position, Bartzor got to work unpacking the rover.

GGzAFI7.png
A psychological milestone.

As of this morning, the Ocean Ranger outpost on Gilly is at long-last operational.

5v8Vece.png
Ocean Ranger right before I shut the game off last playing session. Got a lot of work to bring it up to full capabilities.

So the rest of my day today is probably going to be spent expanding the outpost. I did have to do some finagling in KML to keep the nascent base from becoming Kraken food (as usual) but I'm hoping my fixes will hold. I don't know if y'all can tell from the screenie, but the base is levitating (as usual). The upshot there is that on Gilly - where you pretty much have to travel by jetpack - that's not too different from reality and certainly not an insurmountable obstacle like it would be on, say, Eve (where the base is also floating a bit). Maneuvering modules into place with jetpacks on has proved to be easier than normal in the low gravity. I did know beforehand that the site didn't have Exotic Minerals - which renders the Iron Works module I brought along useless for normal Equipment printing - but it turns out the Micro ISRU I'd brought along on the lander could be configured for Equipment printing using just Minerals and Rare Metals, both of which are present at the site. I had Bartzor re-configure the now-empty storage Wagon on the lander for Ore gathering and had its onboard drill get to work, while at the same time scavenging the lander's ISRU for the outpost's use - long story short, I've got Equipment printing going. When I need it again, I can return the ISRU to the lander for it's original intended use, which was to help it refuel its own monopropellant tanks as needed.

Also got a pair of grabbing missions ahead with my probes. Any luck, those will happen today.

I've got 36 days until the Ray Charles 7 telescope reaches its final position over Kerbol to begin tracking Class E asteroids threatening Kerbin. Really want that mission to get started one of these days...I wonder on how many more places I'll establish bases before that happens...

Before going to bed (Well I'm quite late to go sleep atm) I decided to do something rather simple; building jets.

The jet here, is named "Frontinco-North American Republic Saber" since of its appearance that almost based on the North American F-86 Saber except with higher-profile wings.And I've decided to give it the tail number 10K-VNMSBR. VNM stands for "Venom", while SBR stands for "Saber". Why I choose "Venom"? because one of Eminem's song, "Venom" and its album cover has an F-86 Sabre. Picture in spoiler.

Spoiler

Eminem - Kamikaze album

Related image

... Which then made me felt weird. Back in WW2, it's the Japanese who practiced Kamikaze-ing, not Americans. And checked that there's no Japanese license-built versions of this plane.

6ywkLBg.pngFJ5b1d0.png

Decided to go Space Shuttle status for fun.

Four airports are visited on my way testing. Two of them are from Kerbinside Remastered. South Field, Dessert Airfield, Kojave Sands and Baikerbanur (KSR Facelift that puts a runway there). Pictured are only at Dessert and Baikerbanur.

Rph47dV.png

DXqrh1d.pngldsbxGR.png

Cool picture?

hKdgqIj.png

Near Dessert Airfield.

JuwA78V.png

Runway in sight.

EeZxIAj.png

Base leg, runway 36.

FBYsSJS.png

On short final.

Between the floolwing landing and the holding short shot, I've landed there. Originally I went back to SPH via Space Center (Not via reverting) to build a tanker truck to refuel the plane. But since I've checked the info that even the Klaw is unable to perform crossfeeds, I've decided to go back to the plane, fire it up and head for Kojave Sands with half tank left. Miracle had it that Kojave and Baikerbanur are pretty close.

xtVSNtn.png

Cleared for takeoff, runway 36, 10K-VNMSBR.

So I forgot to take a screenshot upon arriving at Kojave. It's a very short stop that I stopped on the runway the less than 10 seconds I went back into the sky.

And finally I landed in Baikerbanur. Sadly, I forgot once again to take the last moment before it shattered into pieces after a tailstrike during taxiing. Why during taxiing? Because I've taxied too fast, at 23 m/s in which the nose can be lifted up by the massive elevators. The engine struck the tarmac first, then the BDAC radar followed by some more parts. The end for the flight.

Using Vessel Mover, I've moved Jeb onto the roof of the original VAB the stock game brought into via the Easter Egg and prior to parachuting down, I've discovered a that the old VAB has a fully cuboid collision mesh.

LZo1jkz.png

A4OoJu8.png

[Insert Confused Math Lady meme here]

And that's the end of today's logbook. See you guys tomorrow.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian
Excuse me floolwing? what the

I'll be honest, asteroids in KSP kinda freak me out; something about the way they loom at you out of the darkness as you approach them.  So coming across this asteroid that actually had a face really left me feeling uneasy. 

The red "targeting" light on my AstroHopper craft didn't make things any better
mUEWXE2.png

It was just, a little on the nose

rcZUEhi.png

At 3000+ tons, I think this is the biggest potato I've ever captured. I've got it into a highly elliptical orbit, but it's going to take quite a few more orbits to gradually shunt it into a nice circular orbit around Kerbin.  Fully fuelled, without an asteroid attached, the AstroHopper can put out over 3000m/s dV, with this thing attached it can do 38m/s dV. So it's case of mine and slight shunt then repeat. 

Well I had some excitement this morning.  During launch of a routine crew rotation to my Mun base, roughly halfway through the radial boosters fuel, my daughter's cat (who likes watching KSP & has wrecked missions in the past) wandered across my lap, stopped, looked at the screen then reached out & smacked the space bar.  I'm certain this was no accident.  As I watched the boosters go zooming off into space - not hitting anything by some miracle - I did some quick figuring and came to the conclusion that he'd just wrecked another mission. Happily, the launch abort system worked great.   I think I could've accomplished a safe landing, but I would've had to send another lander with fuel to come home since I don't have ISRU parts unlocked yet.

Edited by Cavscout74

Adding fuel makes my lander have less delta-V? Yeah, I smelled a rat there, and sure enough KSP was calculating it wrong. Not sure why, maybe a glitch with SimpleFuelSwitch, but means I'll have to hand-check my delta-Vs. (Or install KER, but I'm trying to keep the mods trimmed).

41 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

Also, you have a launch abort system? Is it a mod? 

I've made some of my own (either with the stock tower or just sepratrons), but this one was a mod - PEBKAC Launch abort system.  Only 3 parts - a Mercury style tower, and an Apollo-style tower with & without protective cover.   

After the cat fiasco, I didn't accomplish a whole lot other than stopping my gluttonous kerbals from taking 200 snacks with them on EVA's.  I did get my Mun base re-staffed and made a few improvements. 

Crater base pictured after replacing the broken rover scan arm & adding additional science gear - both on the base & surface experiments.  I attempted to use the resupply ship to create an impact, but it was too slow to get any useful data.

cRWz11R.png?1

Other than that, I mostly did a few tourist orbital hops and an LKO rescue.  I have to say with Scatterer installed, even those are worth looking at now

Spoiler

4-seat tourist vehicle launching out of Woomerang

qudbAz7.png?1

I also had a "Test Boar engine on Kerbin" contract, so I retrofitted my LKO recovery claw with a Boar engine & a little extra fuel.  Pictured here launched from the Dessert pad over the mountains at sunrise

8r4tfQa.png?1

This is the 3rd rescue of this career that the stranded kerbal is in this same airlock.  I'm wondering when prospective kerbonauts are going to start refusing to get into these things

PPF3sWR.png?1

A 6-seat tourist ship splashed down, waiting on recovery

MEot3jp.png?1

I'm trying to design a workable fully recoverable Eve shuttle, capable of delivering one (1) kerbal from sea level to or from orbit. I know Eve SSTOs are possible, and Eve prop SSTOs are possible, but I've never built one and the ones I've looked at are so much on the edge of what's possible at all that I'm not sure I'd want to use one for real missions. 

The solution I'm attempting is a two-stage affair. The lifter stage is a heavy winged tilt-rotor with a Vector at the tail, an initial dV of about 1.0 (Eve gravity), and about 2500 m/s dV. The orbiter stage is a tiny little thing that carries one kerbal and a parachute, and has about 3000 m/s on it. The idea is that I fly up on rotors as high and as fast as I can, then I light up the Vector and point the nose up, so I can get Ap above the atmosphere. Near the Ap I release the orbiter and circularise, falling back to the atmosphere in the lifter, switching back to it before it enters and, I hope, flying it back on fumes as close to the base as I can. 

I've previously shown that light, draggy craft can survive atmospheric entry to Eve; the lifter should also have a relatively low velocity so I think it ought to make it. Same for the orbiter, as it will return on empty tanks. 

I'm currently at the stage where I have both stages built up with the dV numbers lined up and enough rotor power on the lifter that it should get the lifter ... pretty high in the Evian atmosphere, I'm hoping above 30 km, with even 40 km a possibility. I think it ought to be possible to go sub-orbital on 2500 m/s from there. 

The lifter is hard. To get off the ground and high up on Eve it needs so much rotor power the rotors want part ways with the craft, and it's a long way from flying anywhere nearly stably, there are still unbalanced torque effects from those motors, and because of the dV requirement my dry mass budget is really small. I also have to make it fly stably in forward flight. Ideally it should get up to the target altitude and be able to fly there with a significant forward velocity as well -- every m/s counts. 

If this works, it'll make a permanent Eve base possible. It'll need all kinds of support craft -- for refueling, to reload the orbiter module into the cargo bay, that kind of thing. That stuff is fun so I'm really hoping this will actually do it.

(Yes I know it's not a strict requirement for a permanent Eve base, but in the rules I've set for myself, a base with kerbals on it has to have the means of producing its own fuel and a shuttle to/from orbit without requiring new launches from Kerbin.)

4 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

I'm trying to design a workable fully recoverable Eve shuttle, capable of delivering one (1) kerbal from sea level to or from orbit. I know Eve SSTOs are possible, and Eve prop SSTOs are possible, but I've never built one and the ones I've looked at are so much on the edge of what's possible at all that I'm not sure I'd want to use one for real missions. 

The solution I'm attempting is a two-stage affair. The lifter stage is a heavy winged tilt-rotor with a Vector at the tail, an initial dV of about 1.0 (Eve gravity), and about 2500 m/s dV. The orbiter stage is a tiny little thing that carries one kerbal and a parachute, and has about 3000 m/s on it. The idea is that I fly up on rotors as high and as fast as I can, then I light up the Vector and point the nose up, so I can get Ap above the atmosphere. Near the Ap I release the orbiter and circularise, falling back to the atmosphere in the lifter, switching back to it before it enters and, I hope, flying it back on fumes as close to the base as I can. 

I've previously shown that light, draggy craft can survive atmospheric entry to Eve; the lifter should also have a relatively low velocity so I think it ought to make it. Same for the orbiter, as it will return on empty tanks. 

I'm currently at the stage where I have both stages built up with the dV numbers lined up and enough rotor power on the lifter that it should get the lifter ... pretty high in the Evian atmosphere, I'm hoping above 30 km, with even 40 km a possibility. I think it ought to be possible to go sub-orbital on 2500 m/s from there. 

The lifter is hard. To get off the ground and high up on Eve it needs so much rotor power the rotors want part ways with the craft, and it's a long way from flying anywhere nearly stably, there are still unbalanced torque effects from those motors, and because of the dV requirement my dry mass budget is really small. I also have to make it fly stably in forward flight. Ideally it should get up to the target altitude and be able to fly there with a significant forward velocity as well -- every m/s counts. 

If this works, it'll make a permanent Eve base possible. It'll need all kinds of support craft -- for refueling, to reload the orbiter module into the cargo bay, that kind of thing. That stuff is fun so I'm really hoping this will actually do it.

(Yes I know it's not a strict requirement for a permanent Eve base, but in the rules I've set for myself, a base with kerbals on it has to have the means of producing its own fuel and a shuttle to/from orbit without requiring new launches from Kerbin.)

This is the same line of thought I've had for this same sort of thing...I've got five tourists sitting in 150k equatorial orbit over Eve right now, all wanting to visit the surface (the jerks). 

There's a mod I use whose name escapes me right now (and I have to post-and-dash or I'd take the time to look it up) that can control the ascent speed of 'copters pretty well. My experience shows that if you set that thing to go 5 m/s up through the lowest 10,000 m of Eve's atmosphere, you can generally survive without tearing yourself apart - same goes for final descent. After 10k you can speed things up a bit more, and then let her rip up around 20k. Pressures between 30-40k on Eve are about the same as the 15-20k regime on Kerbin, where I'd normally accelerate a plane.

Let us all know how your exploits with the design work out.

7 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Let us all know how your exploits with the design work out.

Will do. Currently struggling with control. Turns out it's hard to make a rotorcraft with very powerful rotors that's also easy to control and fly...

I've got a couple of questions.

A tourist contract poped in my MC building. It says that I have to get three tourists to a craft that is currently is landed on Minmus. But it waiting for a science mission to complete and will take two scientists and one engineer back into Minmus orbit to rendezvous with a transfer ship back to Kerbin.

Plus, tourists can't transfer via EVA and making a craft that docks to a landed craft is quite cumbersome.

If I take the contract now, can I make the craft take off for the tourist mission without braking the contract? Or do I have to make the ship take off before taking the contract?

Second topic, I wish to make a mission to Moho, but it takes a lot of delta V, I envisaged to have some Eve gravity assists to preserve delta V for the Moho mission, but I don't know when to take off. When gravity assists are involved do I have to depart at Moho or Eve transger window?

My though was tha graivty assists messing up with orbits makes the original target transfer window useless...

In re the contract, I don't know: I've never had a contract of that type. I'd suggest trying it -- make a quicksave, bring the craft to orbit, and see if the contract is still active; then make another save, take the contract, then take off with the craft and see what happens.

In re Moho, yeah the dV for that is going to be high. One reasonably efficient way to do it is to ignore the launch windows; instead, launch when Kerbin is at the An or Dn with the orbit of Moho, never mind where Moho is. Then burn down to an orbit where your Pe touches the orbit at the opposite node. Then wait until Moho encounters you at the Pe. You can of course burn down your Ap to fine-tune. 

This way you'll minimise your relative velocity with Moho and save a lot on the deceleration burn; with regular Hohmann transfer you'll end up going at near right angles to Moho's orbit at the encounter which means a really expensive deceleration.

(There are more efficient ways but this is one of the better ones and it's easy.)

OK thanks

I tried the contract thing, nothing bad happens. The contract remains active when the craft takes off and makes it into orbit after accepting the contract. The location was just indicative of the place the craft was when accepting the contract.

Doesn't matter where the target is as long the tourists get to it.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

Progress report on Project Evil, as I've dubbed this. 

I ditched the tilt-rotor idea. Managing a tilt-rotor with rotors big/powerful enough to get to the stratosphere wasn't feasible; transitions to/from level flight aren't controllable. Instead, I went with a completely new design. It's kind of like a rocket with wings and a big nacelle with a double rotor at each wingtip. Each nacelle and the main fuselage have landing legs. It's only really designed to go up and down, having it fly anywhere in particular is at this point a secondary consideration and one I'll deal with if and when I can get it to and from suborbital flight. (I'm thinking the Eve infrastructure might have to include a downrange refueling site, where the craft can fuel up in order to fly back to the main base.) 

Anyway, I now have a craft that meets my spec -- more or less -- and I was able to perform an orbital insertion on Kerbin with it. It got up to 19 km or so on rotor power. The limiting factor is part strength, my collective servos buckle under the load, causing a rotor blade to flip to right angles which sends the craft tumbling. I will maybe see if I can swap those for stronger ones and add a little fuel to keep the dV budget where it is, I still have some TWR to spare, or alternatively switch to less lifty rotor blades. But even if I can't, the rotor performance ought to be enough. Unfortunately it broke up on re-entry: when the rotors started over-spinning from autorotation I tried braking them, and the resulting mess of torque tore apart the craft. This was an avoidable mistake; I can make it so I'll lock the rotors for re-entry so I don't have to do that. However this fragility does not bode well for Eve. I have a feeling I might need a quite a bit of rotor tuning to get something that has sufficient lifting power and is strong enough to take the stresses -- the current ones are a bit over-strong I think. 

But I think I'm on the right track. The total rocket dV of the craft is about 5500 m/s and I think that ought to be enough to make orbit from -- I hope -- 30 km on Eve.

This is not easy. But then I did not expect it to be.

Problems remaining to solve:

• Re-entry
  • Landing
  • Improved rotor strength
  • Flight back to launch point
  • Reloading the orbiter

Once I've got re-entry sorted I'm going to try a (simulated) mission on Eve, to see if I can get my payload to orbit and the craft re-entered safely. I would really like rotors that aren't so fragile but can still take it up there...

Got a gilly private team mission ready! We will be launching soon!

I also have a point-full space station plan. A HUGE space station as big as the largest stadium in the world (take that ISS!) This station will have about 50 module including ssto space plane ports Lander docking places HUGE engines, and limitless amount of fuel. This station is an interplanetary one that can travel anywhere with commercial refuels time to time. The station is the next project after expedition Eeloo that which is on redesign for expedition Dres. 

I completed a save I started a few months ago with goal of actually completing an interplanetary return for once. I've had the opportunity before, but always became bored with the game before bringing the poor Kerbals home. Here are highlights from 5 missions in that save, including 3 separate return missions:

ylmoXrC.png

All right, next step in Project Evil is a simulated mission on Eve.

I changed the design yet again and gizmoed all the rotors coaxial. The reason is that I need a really big honking rotor for this to work and I don't like the rotors clipping into the craft when they're spinning, especially as it seems SQUAD is working on part collisions with regards to the robotic parts; that would invalidate the design which would make me sad.

At this point we have a craft that is pretty docile, will climb to 18k on rotors (on Kerbin), and packs over 2600 m/s on the lifter and over 3000 m/s on the orbiter, both with TWR > 1.0 on Eve. It was able to perform the insertion, re-enter, descend, and touch down for a soft landing, although I screwed that up by braking the rotors just after touching down (on water), which had the torque effects tear up the craft. We will see how it does on Eve. I suspect this first attempt will fail even at reaching orbit, and if it does, burn up on re-entry, but you never know!

Image related. I like how it looks, it's got a very Gernsbackian feel to it, although the design is strictly functional, no aesthetics whatsoever.

shPXJGL.png

It just occurred to me that what I'm designing here is an actual space helicopter. I.e. something that's not just a helicopter that goes to space, but a craft that's a helicopter in order to go to space. That's pretty neat!

Finished another lander design, currently named the Large Versatile Lander. It's inspired by Blue Origin's Blue Moon.

5IZvsh3.png

TxyucDP.png

The top features 5 docking ports to carry whatever cargo I want to put on it, and it will accommodate 4 2.5m modules at once.

I think I've put everything a vacuum lander could ever need on it. Unfolding ramp so small rovers can drive straight off, solars for when you're close to the Sun, a fuel cell and some LFO for when you're not (I didn't feel like using the RTG), multiple engines to handle off-centre cargo, radiators for the Nervs, direct and relay comms, probe core, RCS, and even some jump seats for Kerbal rescues. With a dummy 5 tonne payload it's about 3000 m/s of delta-V, overkill for almost everywhere in the stock system, but that's just how big the Near Future Octo Girder fuel tank I used is.

Well, nearly finished, of course only now I remember I forgot the reaction wheels and some more docking ports. Also it's hitting a kraken issue on loading that blows up two solar panels so I'll need to try some stuff.