{
        model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Common/sspx-endcap-125-1
        position = 0.0, 0.986899, 0.0
        scale = 1,1,1
        rotation = 0, 0, 0
    }
    MODEL
    {
        model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-125/sspx-habitation-125-1
        position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        scale = 1,1,1
        rotation = 0, 0, 0
    }

// --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = spaceExploration
    entryCost = 4000
    cost = 1250
    category = Pods
    subcategory = 0
    title = Sunrise ReSupply Module
    manufacturer = #LOC_SSPX_manufacturer_kerbalmax_title
    description = Sunrise module with innards stripped out to use for cargo resupply. Works great, but don't try to fly in it.

bulkheadProfiles = size1

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.6
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 15
    breakingForce = 50
    breakingTorque = 50
    maxTemp = 1000
    skinMaxTemp = 2000
    fuelCrossFeed = True

tags = #LOC_SSPX_sspx-habitation-125-1_tags
    vesselType = Station
    // CrewCapacity = 2
    INTERNAL
    {
        name =  sspx-habitation-125-1-iva
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name= Supplies
        amount = 1500
        maxAmount = 1500
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = MonoPropellant
        amount = 150
        maxAmount = 150
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 100
        maxAmount = 100
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.04
        }
        hasHibernation = True
        hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSAS
        SASServiceLevel = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = INTERNAL
        packetInterval = 1.0
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 5000
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = .1
        packetCeiling = 5
    }  
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleReactionWheel
        PitchTorque = 1
        YawTorque = 1
        RollTorque = 1
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.5
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = endcapSwitch
        switcherDescription = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_EndcapsUpper_Name

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = BlackHandles
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_Black_Handles
      transform = 125EndcapBlack
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = WhiteHandles
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_White_Handles
      transform = 125EndcapWhite
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Black
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_Black
      transform = 125EndcapBlackBare
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = White
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_White
      transform = 125EndcapWhiteBare
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        moduleID = endcapSwitchLower
        switcherDescription = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_EndcapsLower_Name

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = BlackHandles
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_Black_Handles
      transform = 125EndcapBlackFlip
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = WhiteHandles
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_White_Handles
      transform = 125EndcapWhiteFlip
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = Black
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_Black
      transform = 125EndcapBlackBareFlip
        }
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = White
            title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Endcaps_White
      transform = 125EndcapWhiteBareFlip
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleColorChanger
        shaderProperty = _EmissiveColor
        animRate = 0.8
        animState = false
        useRate = true
        toggleInEditor = true
        toggleInFlight = true
        toggleInFlight = true
        unfocusedRange = 5
        toggleName = #autoLOC_502011 //#autoLOC_502011 = Toggle Lights
        eventOnName = #autoLOC_502012 //#autoLOC_502012 = Lights On
        eventOffName = #autoLOC_502013 //#autoLOC_502013 = Lights Off
        toggleAction = True
        defaultActionGroup = Light
        redCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 3
            key = 1 1 0 0
        }
        greenCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 1
            key = 1 1 1 0
        }
        blueCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 0
            key = 1 0.7 1.5 0
        }
        alphaCurve
        {
            key = 0 1
        }
    }

}

Failed to do my Saturn V launch recreation today. After many RUDs of the first stage - each one taking over 10 minutes real time thanks to infernal game lag - I finally made orbit, only to find the third stage is still affected by fatal kraken strikes and anyway wouldn't have had enough delta.

I'm starting to doubt I'll even have it done by the 20th.

Lost my first Kerbal in my Breaking Ground hardcore save.

Val's capsule came down on the side of a steep mountain.

Should have bailed, grabbed the science that was all in the capsule, and parachuted off with Val.

Of course, I realised that AFTER it was too late >_<

Wrapped up testing on Gichi-Nenookaasi Mk II. 82 ton takeoff weight, 45 ton payload at minimum recommended fuel.

7HK3MKC.png

Parked on top of the VAB with a 42 ton payload. The max of Gichi-Nenookaasi Mk I payload being 36 tons with minimum recommended fuel.

In my alternate KSP, I tested out Procedural Parts, and it turns out I can get slightly more supplies with a PP supply (or fertilizer) tank than using the truss tank of roughly the same size.  In fact, the rounded cylinder PP tank fits (& looks) nice in the hollow hex truss.   Thanks for the tip @Tyko

Rounding out my Duna mission, I made a second Duna landing to investigate something shiny in the southern hemisphere.  Val set the lander down <600m from the anomaly.  Kelrik went to investigate, planted a flag, then everybody headed back up to orbit & docked with Duna station again.

6S8wt1l.png?1

Spoiler

VkO2Nky.png?1

While this was going on, Jool Pathfinder entered orbit around Jool.  It had a nice selection of science gear when it was launched, but is overshadowed by much better equipment now.  In fact, it is solar powered because that was the only option I had when it was launched.  For now, it will act as a relay until the next round of probes arrive, then it will probably get crashed into Jool. 

J1FDGGm.png?1

Finally, I experimented with a new Laythe floating base.  I haven't unlocked a lot of the larger Planetary Base Systems parts yet (Community Tech Tree moves a lot of them to the 1000 point & later nodes), so I started work on a new design.  It has four 2.5m short ballast tanks with fuel tanks below them at the edges plus another in the center.  There is a 2.5m service bay in the center as well - I'm either going to add a few RTGs or a SAFER reactor to it for the final version since the solar panel isn't going to do much.  I'm also thinking about spacing out the structural panels away from the core a little & adding a ladder so kerbals can climb down to check on stuff under the base.   I still have to build the everything else too, but I ran out of time.  And once the base part is built, I'm going to have to spend some time experimenting with the ballast in various conditions.  Should be fun.  Then will come the tasks of launching it, getting it to Laythe & landing it.

dZbJyQh.png?1

Expedition Tylo

"The simulator for the surface was outside..."

It is done and yes I have completed the mission! My next one will be of course Expedition Laythe followed by Expedition Gilly and then Expedition Moho

FAVORITE MOMENTS

goodbye-jool-system.png?w=1750&h=

final-feature-scanned.png?w=1500&h=

final-expirement-looks.png?w=1500&h=

https://kerbalanders.wordpress.com/2019/07/16/expedition-tylo-has-finished-its-mission/ is where you will find all the media plus you can also go to the spoiler thread for surface features to look at Tylo's

I am still shuttling Fuel to Kerbol Explorer 172 in LMO. Also did some testing with the on-board shuttles. Their working great but I will need to add a Convert-O-Tron and this may have a domino effect and will cause the bay areas to be enlarged. I may also tweak the crafts looks a bit at this time.

Here I've been leaving fuel only in the tail and it's been just enough to get back to Minmus. I cut it really short on this trip and my last burst of thrust used the last of the fuel. Never have I seen a landing cut so close to a failed attempt.

SpaceTech with added cargo bay for Ore Processing

18UpOtw.png

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, ARS said:

K2pmCWi.png

It's succesfully tested, but tests shows that it's incredibly difficult to control because it's engine is too powerful. It's currently being redesigned, no name has been given yet

You can completely remap the engine thrust power curve with the KAL-1000.  

6 hours ago, purpleivan said:

oOdb5wS.jpg

Couldn't resist... been waiting 2 weeks to post this.

Genius!

On the WIP thread I posted a little pure stock foldable rotor. I decided to make further that into a helicopter and got pretty far into it, until KSP barfed and crashed.

Km7za4J.jpg

LnAAuvn.png

Edited by qzgy
picture

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Today I took my new giant flyingboat for a test flight. KSC to Carrier Launch. It provided some good twilight landing photos next to the carrier!

VLdijBp.pngvGuvIj8.pngj4SPPpn.png

What do you have for the wings? I believe they didn't came with SXT nor it doesn't look like sandwiched wings.

6 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

What do you have for the wings? I believe they didn't came with SXT nor it doesn't look like sandwiched wings.

No, that is from STRYKER. Check it out, it has excellent parts. 

Its a DC3-a-like wing. I used tweakscale to enlarge it (a lot). The rudders have beem tweakscaled too, you can see they are stock parts bur there they are some 5 times larger than stock.

Ends up being very draggy, but provides a lot ot lift - necessary in flying boats since its difficult to get them too fast while still in the water. Then I swept them back to bring the CoL behind the CoM.

Edited by Daniel Prates

(1.6.1) Had a pretty busy day yesterday - there's quite a bit of coded garbage in my log, anyway. The day started over Bop, where Jeb conducted a quick EVA.

ZbyMh4g.png
I don't mean to say nothing, Jeb, but according to KER you've put on a fair amount of weight...

Once Jeb climbed back aboard Gilligan docked to LSV House Atreides, my engineers aboard - Jergar, Macnie, Gemul and Matdon Kerman - started printing up a lab module, after which the ship secured from orbital operations and warped to Duna, arriving at 3,620 m/s. After 17 warp-back maneuvers, the ship settled into a 373.4 x 334.7 kilometer, 1.03° inclined orbit over the red planet. After warp-back #13, the engineers finished their lab and everybody subsequently leveled up to at least 4-star status; owing to their activities with flag-planting on various other worlds, Jeb and Val along with pilot Edsy Kerman and scientist Wehrdas Kerman achieved 5-star status, bring my total of 5-star staff to seven including all my veterans except Bob (who's stuck out at Piper Alpha on Mun; I should probably bring him home at some point). The lab was recycled after use. Once Atreides attained Duna orbit, Necessary Evil un-docked.

sjtQFx2.png
Try not to ding the ship up any more, Val...

Necessary Evil subsequently burned to rendezvous with space station Dunaport. Shortly before her arrival, J. G. Backus in a high and inclined orbit over Eve set up a rendezvous with Malgar's Pod to conduct a rescue mission. 

e2OkYYR.png
Don't know why I took this screenie, or why I posted it. I guess I wanted to prove I actually was over Duna or something...

After docking at Dunaport, Necessary Evil went ahead and took on fuel supplies from the station's stores, while colonists Wilzon, Enfal, Nataler and Bobory Kerman disembarked and boarded the Spamcan 7b lander docked at the station. Necessary Evil then departed the station and burned for Ike. After the ship's departure the station was short on supplies to send down the lander and so it was necessary to do a quick refueling mass driver shot from the Enchova Central outpost on the surface, but once that was done the lander departed the station and affected a safe landing at the outpost.

UYDOmGW.png
Actually managed to get relatively close to the target waypoint for once. Still have some room for improvement though.

Outpost engineer Chadul Kerman attached the Spamcan to the outpost via resource-transfer cable and the colonists offloaded to the outpost's Castillo dome, where they'll remain for at least the next 4 bols. After refueling, Chadul unhooked the lander from the station and went back inside, and when the station came back around on the next orbit, the Spamcan launched and affected a safe rendezvous and docking at Dunaport.

lDqeRVX.png
I said it was a safe rendezvous - didn't mention anything about "nerve-wracking". Was pretty sure I was going to collide with the damn thing going way too fast when I took this screenie...

The Spamcan was refueled from the station's stores upon safe docking. Meanwhile, after a little over two hours in flight, Necessary Evil arrived at Ike and maneuvered for a rendezvous and docking at space station Ikeport. Once docked, tourist Magbus Kerman boarded the station's Spamcan 7a lander, which departed and burned for de-orbit and landing after both it and Necessary Evil took on fuel supplies from the station's stores.

Muc4S81.png
In retrospect, I really should've picked a better spot in which to try to land...

The Spamcan affected a safe landing in the Western Mountain Ridge (managed to find a 4.5° slope amongst the 15-20° spots I was seeing at the time), fulfilling Magbus's itinerary. After the station came around again, the Spamcan launched and affected a safe rendezvous and docking. Magbus re-embarked aboard Necessary Evil at that point and the ship departed the station, burning to return to Duna. As of this post, Necessary Evil is about twenty minutes out from an intersect point to burn and hopefully set up a rendezvous with Dunaport - it turns out I left the station a little hastily yesterday and missed the fact that tourists Ally and Mertrey Kerman wanted to visit the Dunan surface, so it will be necessary for the ship to return to Dunaport before it can head back to House Atreides.

Shortly after Necessary Evil's departure from Ikeport, Backus rendezvoused with Malgar's Pod.

L5qs5V8.png
That cockpit design seems vaguely familiar to me, but I can't quite place it...

After scientist Malgar Kerman EVA'd over and boarded Backus, Aldler burned the ship for a rendezvous with LSV House Corrino in high Eve orbit. The ship's got 533 m/s of delta-V after burning and I hope it's enough to affect a safe rendezvous. Contingency plan is to dispatch Eunice Howell docked to Corrino to deliver fuel if necessary, with both ships then returning to Corrino. The plan is for Corrino to then return to a low equatorial Eve orbit to continue to support operations at Eve; she may be hauling Necessary Evil back to Kerbin when the time comes, depending on how everything works out.

In preparation for the upcoming mission to establish a permanent base on Bop, I took some time late last night to design the TBD 7dB base-seeding lander, yet another redesign of the TBD 7d base-seeding rover.

tZ4BdE0.png
Tada!

I'm trying the radical idea of carrying very little Equipment resources - only about 300 units - along for the ride, with the intention of relying on the Micro ISRU to manufacture what I need to get the base going once I get there. The intent after landing at the final site is to attach a storage unit to the side of the crew compartment and offload what remaining fuel there is into it, reconfigure the forward Wagon for Equipment and get to work making the stuff, and then begin filling out the base from there. The real goal is to see if I can build a base without having to rely too much on KIS's resource transfer station, which to date has been very effective Kraken bait.

Construction of the TBD 7dB commenced aboard LSV House Atreides shortly after I completed the design. Since they all leveled up to 4-star status and boosted the ship's productivity to 21, the engineers say they'll have it done in six hours assuming sufficient supplies. Naturally, they didn't have those, so this morning I shot up a supply of Rocket parts from Enchova Central and prepped the Nostromo 7 resource hauling lander docked at Ikeport for a delivery of Materials Kits (which will also be needed to finish the construction). Nostromo departed the station and burned to rendezvous with Atreides; the ship has left Ike's SOI but the final rendezvous has yet to be set up as of this post. I hope to get Nostromo to Atreides later today and once the Materials Kits have been logged, Nostromo will head to Dunaport. At Dunaport the craft will be reconfigured for Slag and Minerals, materials that the Scan Queen outpost on Ike's surface lacks to make Konkrete needed to finish deploying all of its structures (for as I have had it around, Scan Queen isn't quite finished with all of its construction). She'll return to Ikeport, which will do an orbit-to-ground shot to deliver the supplies at that point. I also hope to make the needed tourist run to the Dunan surface and get Necessary Evil back to House Atreides, and I hope that the TBD lander's construction will be completed later today. I'll have to supply it with a fair amount of monoprop at that point of course, but that shouldn't be too hard - I had originally planned to do all of this over Eve but it's beginning to look like I'll have the lander built and ready to deploy before Atreides leaves Duna. Time-permitting I also need to move Bopcomm Charlie; I confirmed that the probe is a little under thirty kilometers out of position so I don't have a complete communications connection over Bop. That should be a straight-forward maneuver at least. 

Four more days until the Beer Can 7 is scheduled to launch at Eve. Pretty confident of success - it's still the big event on the radar, even with new base construction at Bop also on the horizon...

I did some more tinkering with my new Laythe ocean base.  It's starting to look like a base, and I also built a launcher for it that should make orbit with a few hundred dV to spare based on the dV calculator.  It will be interesting to see how much is lost due to drag.  Even in a fairing, it's pretty huge.  I moved the panels out a little, put some walkways from the center & added a few folding ladders so the crew can go down to work on equipment under the base easily.  Or go for a nice relaxing swim.  I'm thinking about changing up the center, the science lab looks awful, but the rest makes a nice control center.  I still want a science lab, but I think I'll figure out a spot for one on the open side of the base.  Currently, it has two 3-man hab modules on the sides & an automated greenhouse + snack & ore storage in the back.

ArfdWhd.png?1

Underneath with an engineer on the ladder:

5Obxw4q.png?1

The only other thing I did was get my first long range crew cycler launched in this career. I had to rebuild the launcher due to some mod changes since my last career and it did an excellent job.  I need to save it as an assembly, since it's basically the same as I've used for several other heavy loads lately.  Pictured here with the upper stage circularizing at 165 km.  The Avalon doesn't even have a mission assigned yet - I'm not ready to send a manned mission to Jool (or Eeloo), and those are the next two transfer windows coming up. But it will be ready whenever I find someplace for it to go, with just over 8.5 km/s dV to get there.

QCKXJcE.png?1

Continuing to experiment with VTOL propeller craft, with the goal in mind to have one of these serving a surface base on Duna or Laythe one day... It uses fixed RPM settings and throttle controlled propeller deployment-angles, as well as controllable pitch for the engine nacelles.

l5lFXgC.png

7Jwoug1.png

and it already flies stable enough, that i don´t need the help of any SAS...

jrMJbSe.png