What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

47 minutes ago, fulgur said:

Also, use [F1] to capture screenshots instead of getting blurry phone photos. They appear in your KSP folder (C://Kerbal Space Program, or something else if you have Steam).

I have stream and your right @fulgur and they are in the screenshots folder in the main Kerbal Space Program folder. I also use the free web program called IrfanView to open them up and post them into the free image website called cubeupload.  May seem like alot @michaelbezos1 but worth the try. BTW, I saw your work on the Comanche-3 rocket on your website and it looks really nice. I hope you will have a great launch with it.

Edited by Saturn5tony
More spelling errors, lol!

3 hours ago, capi3101 said:

It's possible; I've searched on Google for it and so far it looks like folks that are using the Planetside mod are the ones that are mainly seeing it. Trouble in my case is that I don't use that mod. Could be a dependency, I suppose.

EDIT: Planetshine, not planetside. And apparently it has no dependencies. 

Could compare notes, I suppose. Under here's my list of installed mods:

Hide contents
  • Action Groups Extended (AGExt 1:2.4.0.1)
  • Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone) (AlcubierreStandalone 1.3.0.0)
  • AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) (AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.16)
  • B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:0.92)
  • BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
  • Buffalo
  • ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
  • Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.0.0.0)
  • Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
  • Community Trait Icons
  • Custom Pre Lauch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1)
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.8.5)
  • Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.0)
  • EVA Enhancements Continued (EVAEnhancementsContinued 0.1.15.2)
  • EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats (EVAParachutes 0.2.0.2)
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.7.0.0)
  • Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.11.3)
  • Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.4)
  • Horizontal Landing Aid Redux (RCSLandAid 3.4.0.1)
  • HullcamVDS Continued (HullcamVDSContinued 0.2.0)
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 3.13.2.5)
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.13.2.5)
  • KAE - KSPAPI Extensions 
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
  • Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.5)
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.1)
  • Kerbal Flight Data 
  • Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.24)
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.0)
  • Kerbal NRAP - Procedural Test Weights (KerbalNRAP 1.6.0)
  • Kerbal Stats (KerbalStats 3.1.0)
  • Kerbal-Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs 1.8.1.15)
  • KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.4)
  • KSP Rescue Pod Fix
  • MemGraph (MemGraph 1:1.2.0)
  • ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.7.0)
  • Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
  • MOLE
  • NavUtilities continued (NavUtilitiesContinued 0.7.2)
  • OSE Workshop Reworked (OSEWorkShopReworked 1.2.13)
  • Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.1)
  • Pathfinder 
  • Portrait Stats
  • Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.11)
  • RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.10.0)
  • Ship Manifest
  • SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.2.3)
  • StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.2.1)
  • Surface Mounted Lights (surfacelights 1.15)
  • TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.1)
  • The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7)
  • Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
  • Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
  • Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.0)
  • Vertical Velocity Controller Redux (TWR1 1.34.0)
  • Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.1)
  • WildBlueTools
  • WorldStabilizer (WorldStabilizer 0.9.6-ksp-1.8.0)

Do we have any commonalities?

I've bolded the mods in your list that I have too. Looks like Planetshine is probably the culprit. In my case, I see the square and Planetshine is otherwise not working. I noticed that when I click the info bars in the top right (like fuel, contracts, etc.) the square disappears.

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I've bolded the mods in your list that I have too. Looks like Planetshine is probably the culprit. In my case, I see the square and Planetshine is otherwise not working. I noticed that when I click the info bars in the top right (like fuel, contracts, etc.) the square disappears.

Clicking the top right buttons to get it to go away is worth noting; I'll have to try that next time it happens. There might be some underlying issue within 1.8.1 itself.

Hi guys did the videos today https://rocketlaunches.webnode.com/kerbalspaceprogramvideo/ but still not placed the picture of successfull landing as it is at my another device. 

but worth the try. BTW, I saw your work on the Comanche-3 rocket on your website and it looks really nice. I hope you will have a great launch with it.

Launch is not possible now as there is not launch pad and one guy steal the one fin of it but i can do another fin from the materials . One stolen fin is no cost in comparison to 100 million failures of Elon Musk whether he received 2,6 billion dollar nasa funding as it is so desired and needed field now. Rumours say it is the most important work now as the space race is not a joke and it is even more than welcome to join it . 

Copying jeff bezos words as his words as the richest person in the world are even more than welcome to copy and shame blue origin is the most important work his doing so as i wise workoholic person it is even more than welcome to invest in this field. 

Much love :> 

Edited by michaelbezos1
adding info

Alright, so those of you who follow my posts on this thread may remember my quip from yesterday about KSP acting downloading-updates-even-though-it's-not-supposed-to-be-doing-that-during-those-hours slow. Turns out that's exactly what was going on...rather annoyed about that.

Y'all might also remember that I'd gotten the Crater Maker 7 15-passenger lander down safely to the Deepwater Horizon outpost on the surface of Minmus but had been thwarted in my efforts to attach it so that the passengers could off-load, so my day at that point started in the Wild Blue configuration files to see if I could trace the issue. Turns out there was a value turned down much lower than it should've been with the latest version, so after adjusting that I was able to get back in. Engineer Deston Kerman had already taken the time to pick up and move the target attachment port closer to the lander, so he just rolled with it...

JS6AhvA.png
Hey hey hey, liquefying Kerbals all day...Deston's also wearing a magenta square to boot; clicking on the upper-right buttons didn't accomplish anything for me, unfortunately.

The lander's passengers were successfully offloaded to one of the outpost's Castillo domes while fuel was transferred aboard. Deston detached the lander from the outpost, reattached the Mineshaft somewhere a little more sane, and then went back aboard. The Crater Maker then launched and burned successfully to orbit, setting up a rendezvous with space station Minmusport with a flight time of eighty minutes; it arrived and docked successfully before the day was out. Colonists Wencas, Bersel, Orcas, Necott, Lobas, Leble, Glegard, Lenvis, Lenzer, Antop, Valnard and Errie Kerman now have a 51-day stay ahead of them before they can be frocked as new members of the space program. This time around though, I should be able to use the Castillo's native functions to do it rather than having to do it all by hand. Looking forward to that.

While the Crater Maker was still en route, I decided I should go ahead and get some more of my contracts underway, and to that end tourists Jedpond, Gledorf, Halvin, Hadnard, Alzer and Nafel Kerman were loaded aboard an Auk XII 6-passenger spaceplane at KSC.

KQIW7Ag.png
How do we begin interplanetary tourist missions? Usually with four starts...

The plane launched successfully to orbit and set a rendezvous with space station Kerbinport, rendezvousing and docking safely 21 minutes later. Upon docking, all the tourists except for Jedpond joined pilot Aldler Kerman aboard J. G. Backus docked at the station. Backus departed Kerbinport and burned to set up an intercept with LSV House Harkonnen in high Kerbin orbit. Flight time to the intercept point was 26 minutes, and at arrival a burn for rendezvous occurred, with flight time to rendezvous set at one hour and 38 minutes. Backus is still en route as of this post.

Meanwhile, Eunice Howell completed her rendezvous with Stelgard's Wreckage high over Gilly. Rescuee engineer Stelgard Kerman EVA'd from his Mk1 Cockpit and boarded Howell, which then flipped its orbit and prepared to return to space station Gillyport. At the ascending node 40 minutes later (it came up relatively fast for Gilly), Howell conducted a burn to set up a rendezvous; flight time will be four hours and 44 minutes, assuming a window for LSV House Atreides to conduct a warp from Eve to Gilly doesn't occur in the interim. The plan is for Atreides to warp to Gilly and to have Howell deliver both Stelgard and tourist Obsen Kerman to the warp ship, with Atreides delivering Howell back to Eve before heading back to Kerbin. With Harkonnen now scheduled to do a tourist mission, it now falls to Atreides to deliver twenty colonists to Laythe, so I need to get the ball rolling there.

Not much else happened. I had the Non Mentha Yards begin printing up a Boop-Boop 7x probe to get another contract rolling - construction time will be 64 minutes total - and used the opportunity to transfer over fuel supplies to Minmusport in the wake of the recent landing. NMY's been neglected of late but it should have sufficient supplies to finish up the current job. Once it's done though, a resupply mission is far overdue. The day ended at Kerbinport, where tourist Jongard Kerman joined Jedpond aboard the Auk XII, both kerbals having only had a jaunt up to orbit on their itineraries (Jongard had been part of the same expedition that is currently at Gilly and had been waiting in that expedition's Auk XI 10-passenger plane, which was still docked to the station). Once aboard, the Auk XII departed Kerbinport and conducted a deorbit burn. As of this post the plane is about sixty seconds from atmo on course to land at KSC, which will be my first priority the next chance I get to play.

So today I plan to land the plane, get Backus to Harkonnen and get the ball rolling there and get Howell over to Gillyport unless I can get House Atreides to Gilly first. I've also got plans to get Roy Hinkley (currently docked at Kerbinport) out of the barn to conduct a Kerbin-orbiting rescue mission, and I may proceed with getting the Laythe colonist group up to Kerbinport; I'm hesitant to do that with a plane already docked to the station, particularly given that I'll likely have to use one of the larger spaceplane designs to conduct that job. Harkonnen will largely be running around the moons of Jool though flybys of Dres and Eve are also in the works, and I'm planning to use the opportunity to have her do a quick flyby of Moho as well to give LSV House Corrino currently in orbit there an infusion of Rocket Parts. If that effort is successful, Corrino should be able to print up the scheduled intended Hellhound 7 rover and skycrane so I can scout the area for the planned outpost on the surface; she'll be able to head back to Kerbin once the rover is launched. Fewer missions are marked as "pending" in my log this morning - I've got a survey at Eve that's going to have to wait for a weekend in which I don't play Minecraft as well as a survey and drilling mission at Bop. Still fiddling with that satellite over Dres too...that hasn't wrapped up yet and at this point I think I need to get help there.

Anticipating a shortened day today thanks to scheduled RL events...fair warning there. I'll let y'all know how everything goes tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Delay said:

Wha... WHAT!?
7eSTD0v.png

Ah, I see they've revamped Mün yet again. Made it quite a bit bigger, I see...texture changes indeed. Well, maybe this way we can drive around on it without hitting a 60° slope every few hundred meters......

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Ah, I see they've revamped Mün yet again. Made it quite a bit bigger, I see...texture changes indeed. Well, maybe this way we can drive around on it without hitting a 60° slope every few hundred meters......

On the other hand I think it's interesting to see how MM/Scatterer's reload bugTM can break the illusion of Kerbin being so far away.

Edited by Delay

5 hours ago, michaelbezos1 said:

Hi guys did the videos today https://rocketlaunches.webnode.com/kerbalspaceprogramvideo/ but still not placed the picture of successfull landing as it is at my another device. 

DID YOU KNOW...

(1) F1 allows you to take screenshots! They appear in a folder [your KSP directory]/Screenshots. You are playing on Windows, I can tell from your pictures.

(2) You can use video capturing software to get videos, the nice kind helpful people on this forum who do videos will tell you how (head over to the Kerbal Network)

(3) If you have specific problems head over to the Gameplay Questions forums for all your q's to be answered.

(4) I have told you (1) at least 3x and you continue to take screenshots by taking pictures of the screen with your phone. It's all blurry and we can't really help you if we can't see your craft.

This is what I wanted to show, though. I've made my own PartVariant for the first time to give Ven's Rockomax tanks two options. One normal, painted one and this slightly more reflective one.
vdj3hdv.png

I'm aiming for the same level of reflectivity as the Service Module had. Is this good or should I give it more? I'm considering the pod to be done; the real one was also a near perfect mirror in the photographs.

I've done some updates to my kOS docking script recently, but so far only been using fairly light craft.

It just burned through about 90 monoprop lining this up and then failed to dock it. The old version would probably have used about 20.  Major script overhaul needed I think

JhrCOGY.png

Getting to the point in my career save that I'm looking at missions to Dres and Jool, and I need a transfer ship to get my kerbals there safely and, most importantly, in comfort. Artificial gravity is basically a requirement for any kind of really long duration voyage, so last weekend I experimented with adding a centrifuge to one of my existing designs. 

6MdtOFn.jpg

The bearing is one of Breaking Ground's heavy rotors set to spin at 5 rpm. Since it has to spin up every time it leaves timewarp, I made a second section just forward of the centrifuge (one with the radial ore tanks) which counter-rotates at 30 rpm and has about 1/6th the moment of inertia of the habitat section, perfectly cancelling the torque generated from spin-up.

The entire past week I've been distracted with thoughts of improving the design, my mind filled with flashing images of bearings, habitats, and ideas for torque balancing. Lying awake in bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking of what could be. Waiting for the weekend.

I couldn't take it any more. Today I succumbed to the siren call of the VAB and spent the afternoon building this monstrosity:

At least it's out of my system now.

Edited by BadOaks

I was continuing my quest to get to all anomalies in the solar system, this time by flying around Kerbin to visit what turned out to be a DSN antenna.

Not to self: when trying to land a high-speed aircraft in rough terrain at low speeds, it might be useful to switch the reaction wheels on again.

EPcnAZ2.png
(Landing sideways doesn't work too well most of the times.)

But, well, any landing that you can walk away from... :cool:

54 minutes ago, AHHans said:

I was continuing my quest to get to all anomalies in the solar system, this time by flying around Kerbin to visit what turned out to be a DSN antenna.

Not to self: when trying to land a high-speed aircraft in rough terrain at low speeds, it might be useful to switch the reaction wheels on again.

EPcnAZ2.png
(Landing sideways doesn't work too well most of the times.)

But, well, any landing that you can walk away from... :cool:

Oh, got the same issue yesterday, didn't think of reaction wheels (I did water splash on a wing but it was enough to survive, the pilot refuse to acknowledge that the craft had two wings when it took of), I'll add that to an action group, next time the place will behave. I think. I'm still not really good at plane :D

1 hour ago, Okhin said:

Oh, got the same issue yesterday, didn't think of reaction wheels

Well, the craft is powered by rapiers, which don't generate electricity. So I switch off the reaction-wheels during flight to save battery power. (Yes, there's an action group for that.;)) During the landing it set down a bit hard and wobbly,  bounced, and turned sideways in the air. And at 40 m/s the aero-surfaces don't have that much authority...

Oh, nice. How did you do the hot-air balloon @Cupcake...? I mean, I get that's it's inflatable heatshield, but is it, like, really working heating air ? or is it a low ISP engine used there only for the video (which totally rocks).

@AHHansYeah, I have also no authority at all beyond 50m/s so landing is … well, kind of crashing slowly and breaking the wings first to slow down the remaining of the plane and "land" it without too much exploding. I think I shut down the wheels because they tend to roll my plane 10° either on the left or the right. Which is weird.

Today, space stations Kerbinport, Munport and Minmusport are all having celebrations for their one Kerbin-year anniversaries. Never mind the fact that the actual anniversaries were actually four days ago. Or that Munport and Minmusport are automated without permanent crew assigned. Or that there's nothing stronger than water to drink aboard Kerbinport unless you count the turdshine being made by the malfunctioning waste disposal unit once again...

Party!!

Eh. Maybe someday I'll install a life support mod so I can grow pootatoes at my outposts and let the pilots make some 'shine with them or something. Maybe not. What would you call poo-vodka anyways?

Anyway...

So as anticipated, I did have a shorter playing day yesterday but it was fruitful nonetheless. It started with the Auk XII 6-passenger spaceplane with tourists Jongard and Jedpond Kerman aboard, which had completed its deorbit burn and was coming in to atmo at the close of business on Wednesday.

7Bitgrd.png
NYYYYYAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! FIRE!!! FIRE FIRE!!!!!!!!! (Does anybody still remember Beavis and Butthead these days, and to they still quote it anymore? Probably not. Probably like sticking an L-sign on your forehead, it's best left in the nineties...)

The Auk entered atmo and landed without incident at KSC 09 after a 37 minute flight from Kerbinport. I do need to remember that with the Auk XII design I don't need full flaps for landing - it generates too much drag in the process and makes it go below stall speed. Fortunately I was paying attention this time; actually did land it safely on the first try...

(No, really. I mean it. One try. Quicksaving yes, quickloading thankfully not required.)

That job done, my agenda took me back to Kerbinport. Pilot Gregeny Kerman took Roy Hinkley out of the barn and burned for a rendezvous with Thomlas' Pod after about a ten minute delay.

7fLUkfz.png
♫ Burnin' burnin' burnin' ♫ / ♫ magenta squares are turnin' ♫ / ♫ better graphics card a-yearnin' ♫ / ♫ RAWHIDE!!! ♫ (I'm now 2-for-2 on old TV references...)

Flight time to that rendezvous was 52 minutes. During the interim period, the Non Mentha Yards over Minmus finished a print of a Boop-Boop 7x probe and fueled it up. Prior to the probe's launch I ran the numbers and had the Deepwater Horizon outpost on the surface shoot up some badly needed replacement supplies of fuel, Enriched Uranium and Rocket Parts to the shipyard. Resupplied, the yard launched the probe. I had to quickly set up a burn for the probe for five minutes hence - J. G. Backus was coming up on her rendezvous with LSV House Harkonnen in high Kerbin orbit at the time; rendezvous and docking went smoothly there. The probe burned at the scheduled time to an 88.2 by 20.2 kilometer, 90.14° inclined orbit (from equatorial orbit, mind you) as the first step of its positioning.

All that happened in the interim - shortly after the probe burn, Hinkley arrived at rendezvous with Thomlas' Pod.

ZPgU2x8.png
Again, a four-kerbal part with only one kerbal in it. I don't know where this other agency gets their mission planners. Of course, there's always the possibility that it was a four-kerbal mission and that Thomlas is either a cannibal or vampire. Bad mission planning is a less disturbing scenario overall, methinks...

Rendezvous occurred without incident, with pilot Thomlas Kerman abandoning his stricken Mk3 Cockpit and joining Gregeny aboard Hinkley. The ship conducted a burn to take it back to rendezvous with Kerbinport; flight time to rendezvous was forty minutes.

So far this morning, the Boop-Boop 7x made a second and final burn to put it into a 102.6 by 88.2 kilometer, 90.15° inclined orbit over Minmus for contract, and Roy Hinkley rendezvous and docked with Kerbinport without incident. Thomlas has boarded the Auk XI 10-passenger spaceplane still docked at the station and is awaiting the return of LSV House Atreides from the Eve/Gilly system at this point. I've taken on a new Kerbin-orbiting rescue mission in the wake of the Minmus satellite mission, but I won't be attending to this right away; I won't have sufficient room on the Auk for everybody coming back from Eve/Gilly if I do. 

I also finally had a sufficiently large window with which to warp House Atreides from Eve over to Gilly; the ship arrived at 45 kilometers altitude over Gilly at a speed of 138 m/s, and after conducting a conventional burn at one-third thrust to bleed off the remaining speed plus a radial-in burn to get a final better result, the ship has settled into a 96.9 by 39.0 kilometer, 120.46° orbit. Total time taken was about thirty minutes all told. First priority next session will be to get Eunice Howell currently in orbit of Gilly en route to space station Gillyport to change course and head for Atreides instead. It'll probably be a while before she gets there, but at least fuel should not be a concern. I should still have enough time afterwards for another warp and at this point House Harkonnen is ready to leave Kerbin. The plan there is to do three fly-bys, one at Eve, one at Dres, and one at Moho. The Moho one will be particularly critical; the hope is to be able to stay in Moho's sphere on influence just long enough for Harkonnen to transfer a supply of Rocket Parts via mass driver to LSV House Corrino currently in orbit there. Harkonnen will be heading to Jool after that's done. Meanwhile, Corrino is scheduled to begin printing up a Hellhound 7 rover and skycrane for surface deployment; she'll be returning to Kerbin after that job's finished. If all this goes off as planned today, I'll probably wrap things up by getting the scheduled Laythe colonization mission going, which will involve the flight of an Auk XVII 24-passenger spaceplane to get the twenty-strong group to Kerbinport. The plan is for House Atreides to get them to Laythe from there, but she'll have to get back from Eve first, obviously. Plenty going on right now; I plan to let y'all know how things go on Monday. Fly safe, y'all.

Edited by capi3101

(KSP-1.8.1, Making History, Breaking Ground, a few basic mods)

Last night I got what looked like a simple contract to launch an engine near the mun. Only to escape, so not a landing on it or even getting close. Did not know it was this engine shown below that I needed to "Haul" up to the mun! Mammoth should have clued me in tho, but I did not read what Gene Kerman gave me until I got to the VAB. - - - Yikes!

VonBraunMonsterA.jpg

The S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine is a liquid fuel engine with four nozzles.
It is currently the most expensive part and the most powerful engine available in the game. 

OK here is the rocket I made in the VAB called the "Von Braun Monster":

Had to also test a small structural pylon as well at the same location.

VonBraunMonster0.jpg

It was a fast build for just hauling this very large 4 engine bad boy (shown in the bottom middle with Jebs capsule on top ) with about 4800m/s of thrust to get into orbit, adjust for the Mun with 4 liquid engines attached to it and with some jettison-able solid boosters.

VonBraunMonster1.jpg

Please note: I could NOT use the Mammoth engine until I got up to the Mun!

Jeb to KSC, ready for takeoff    5.....4.....3.....2.....1.... ignition sequence start.. blast - off!

VonBraunMonster3.jpg

Spoiler

VonBraunMonster2.jpg

VonBraunMonster4.jpg

VonBraunMonster6.jpg

VonBraunMonster7.jpg

OK KSC, ready to test the Mammoth. Counting down now...5.....4.....3.....2.....1.... ignition test, the S3 KS-25x4 is successful!

VonBraunMonster8.jpg

Spoiler

VonBraunMonster9.jpg

VonBraunMonster10.jpg

VonBraunMonster11.jpg

Jebidiah and Bill, back home for the ticker tape parade or at least some kerbucks from Kerbodyne!

Edited by Saturn5tony

...And here are the RCS thrusters done. I've taken the liberty and modified a copy of the diffuse textures (since I don't want to overwrite the originals of course) a bit in order to get the right color on the nozzles (VSR comes with gray ones that turn essentially black with TU).
0feD0np.png