What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

38 minutes ago, noname_hero said:

Ummmm... Been there, done that? My post was to celebrate completion of the Kerpollo challenge, so even that team has been to Duna, and the question was a rhetorical one, given the challenge does require one to land on all the planets and moons save Jool.

Oh sorry. Wrong idea!

In that case, why not try going as close to kerbol as you can, without burning up? Seems kerbal enough!

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm afraid I'll have to go back to having fun with a career mode playthrough. There's no point in hunting for science in a science-mode challenge when I had full tech tree even before I launched for Joolpollo, especially when I've also completed all the requirements of the challenge.

I did this challenge to learn KSP and it made me land on all the celestial bodies one can safely land on. So, mission accomplished. My KSP skills did go up. However... It also means I have to find new goals. Like hunting for easter eggs, as I've only visited a few of those.

I'm not complaining. I'm still having fun. But I'm setting my goals knowing I'm capable of visiting almost anything in the Kerbol system.

I've even visited near-Kerbol space with a probe, and I'm not eager to send kerbals there too:

screenshot567.png

2 hours ago, Saturn5tony said:

BalisiaII1.jpg

That sure is a big dumb rocket. But it got the job done.

7 minutes ago, noname_hero said:

However... It also means I have to find new goals.

Why not build a SSTO? If you haven't yet, they take a while to perfect, but eventually you get the hang of them.

Edited by fulgur

48 minutes ago, fulgur said:

That sure is a big dumb rocket. But it got the job done.

Yes as a matter fact, when DocSkilz built his ship he said it was ugly, but to me (still very knew with KSP by 3 months or so) I replied to him "yup very ugly but practical". I saw him getting to minmus with left over fuel so yea, that was the ship for me, especially for my 1st landing! The V2 does not look like the Saturn vehicles but they both are very practical.  To me tho, both of them are so cool looking and part of my soul. 

I just really had so much fun doing that, so the Mun and beyond is next. With rockets that are beautiful or dumb!

Edited by Saturn5tony

Started working on another Apollo 11 tribute. For my school project we have to make a video. Now they only have the computers at the school and they cant record games and stuff. But I have my own computer and software and games so I'm good to go. I hope you guys will like it when I'm done. 

Lel, there has been so many it a tradition now. But I'm doing it KSP along with the best visual mods and some editing. Haaahah. But, guys. Good work. I hope you saw that I'm doing three major things now! Anybody that's in gets into the credits!.

Spoiler

I don't know how I'm going to pull that off but I'll try. Like or comment and I'll put your name in. To show people we like KSP and there's lots of people who support and play it. 

13 minutes ago, Saturn5tony said:

Yes as a matter fact, when DocSkilz built his ship he said it was ugly, but to me (still very knew with KSP by 3 months or so) I replied to him "yup very ugly but practical". I saw him getting to minmus with left over fuel so yea, that was the ship for me, especially for my 1st landing! The V2 does not look like the Saturn vehicles but they both are very practical.  To me tho, both of them are so cool looking and part of my soul. 

I just really had so much fun doing that, so the Mun and beyond is next. With rockets that are beautiful or dumb!

To be honest, that ship of yours has me torn between applauding you and insulting you, so I guess you'll count that as a compliment :wink:

Some of my designs are somewhat... unstable... even if I don't want them to be, but I'm afraid to simply just imagine flying that... THING... to Minmus :D

12 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

Lel, there has been so many it a tradition now. But I'm doing it KSP along with the best visual mods and some editing. Haaahah. But, guys. Good work. I hope you saw that I'm doing three major things now! Anybody that's in gets into the credits!.

Hide contents

I don't know how I'm going to pull that off but I'll try. Like or comment and I'll put your name in. To show people we like KSP and there's lots of people who support and play it. 

Try using RSS sandbox for a new Apollo 11 challenge?

thanks for nice words fulgur but as a workoholic i should experiment and makes lots of rockets and do sth simmilar like you do here with come back from orbits etc.
As i am a bit lazy and do lots of projects, multitasking, looking for work and other ideas as well.

I know f1 I can use for screenshot but when I make picture by phone is faster than pasting on the pain after.

My projects should look like blue origins or spacexes that would be big successs and the scale of funding of 2,6 billion i should achieve.

Edited by michaelbezos1

NOTICE: All further operations will be discontinued due to rough times. That means no videos, comments, anything from me after these final messages. I may return but that isn't likely.

Aka, I'm not making it anymore. Bye. I've run into trouble so I can make any more stuff. I hope you understand. I may be on sometimes or who knows. 

Beside have the ability to the develop in this game and other field I think I go sleep at 03:56 as I feel like excrements as I spend the nights in mcdonalds if my computers would looks like spacex or deutsche banks centers[or even the Colchester night shelters] efficiency, please and perforace would be probably bigger.

In fact I just makes excuses for my laziness as th true workaholic I would not make excuses.

21 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Okay, that's pretty cool. Could you make that available somewhere? :D

(also, where do you get the X-20?)

I might add it to Wild Blue Tools. There are other decal mods out there though. Here is one example:

They don’t use the stock flag switcher but they have many more options for shapes. The X-20 is from this:

Eureka, I suppose.

In September, 2018, through pure luck, I made a machine fly, steady, with a Pe of 31km, at an altitude of 31 km, with a reported Ap of 36.6km and at a speed of 2.187km/sec on a trickle of fuel.

I've been looking for the magic elixir ever since.  So -- right now -- this flight:

eFZ7jeL.png

rock-steady with a different set of numbers: Pe/alt: 34km, Ap:46.7km speed 2.187km/sec for a fuel draw of 0.22 kal/sec and a range of at least 6,800 kms.

This machine is too twitchy for Atmospheric Autopilot to fly "into the saddle", so it simply must be hand-flown, with AA providing auto-throttle and, only once seated, turned over to AA.

So, KSC to a full-stop landing on the exact opposite side of the planet in 20 minutes.  (Consider that a regular obit at 70km around Kerbin takes 38 minutes.)

[click to enlarge]

azAOVrs.png

Feeling rather ecstatic, actually!

Edited by Hotel26

Hey all.

Sent a pod to the KISS.

7fBUEObh.png

Had it dock by the "Airlock".

0N5pbGBh.png

Later sent a crew to the KISS. It turned out to be haunted.

gXytutVh.png

That was a strange one.

I was transferring crews around and the game got "Hung" and troublesome (1.8.1). One crew was lost.

I found him by switching IVA views (V button). He was in one of the labs.....And someone's helmeted (all 8 of my Kerbals were indoors) shadow was moving on the wall....Now that's a new one on me.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

iY7KaYN.png
Bothers me how Jeb can make these castles...I mean, wouldn't you have to get the Mün dust wet for it to keep its shape like that? I might have to ask Kyle Hill or something...

Yesterday's planned activities of hauling butt everywhere in the system turned out to be fairly productive. The day started with the G-LOC 7a return-to-Kerbin craft launched from the Sleipnir A outpost on Dres into orbit, which was scheduled for LSV House Corrino to pick up. The craft made its initial burn to take it to an intercept point with Corrino. Flight time to that intercept point was twenty-one minutes, during which time Eunice Howell in orbit over Eve made a burn to take her to rendezvous with space station Eveport - time to rendezvous was 44 minutes - and the Spamcan 7 lander carrying tourist Alzer Kerman departed space station Polport and affected a landing in Pol's Highlands. At the intercept point, the GLOC burned for plane alignment and rendezvous, aligning successfully. Time to rendezvous was 88 minutes. Shortly afterwards, Eunice Howell rendezvoused with Eveport and docked without incident, and the Alexander L. Kielland outpost on Eve's surface shot up replenishment fuel supplies to the station via mass driver. Howell's return secures all currently ongoing operations at Eve and clears the way for LSV House Atreides, which is still currently in Eve orbit, to return to Kerbin at the next available KAC window (i.e. when I haven't got anything else scheduled for at least two hours that can't afford a delay).

With Polport having come into position to do so, the Spamcan lifted off of the surface of Pol and conducted a direct burn to rendezvous; which it affected seven minutes later.

k4kAOfO.png
This is called "cutting it close". Eh...could've been worse. Could've clipped the station and torn off all the solar panels again. At least I was able to catch the screenie, right?

The lander docked successfully, with Alzer transferring back to J. G. Backus docked to the station. The Petrobas 36 outpost on Pol's surface shot up replenishment fuel supplies to the station via mass driver (not often I need that much monoprop in a shot) and Backus departed. She aligned with LSV House Harkonnen in a highly inclined and retrograde orbit of Pol before burning to set an intercept point. Flight time to that intercept was 46 minutes, during which time the G-LOC rendezvoused and docked with House Corrino over Dres.

fD0xM4x.png
This was one of those screenshots I took just because I was happy to see it happen - had a lot riding on this rendezvous. As a screenie in its own right though, it's rather dull.

At the intercept point, Backus burned to set a rendezvous point with House Harkonnen; flight time to that rendezvous is six hours and seven minutes.

I next had to deal with a scheduled resupply of the Tradidit Lestum Yards in orbit of Laythe. The yards are currently in the process of building an Auk XVII 24-passenger spaceplane and it's one of those builds that requires more Rocket Parts than the shipyard could contain all at once (so pretty damn big). The C. P. Baker outpost on the surface shot up supplies of Rocket Parts along with fuel supplies via mass driver to the shipyard, and at this point there is a sufficient supply to complete the build scheduled for about nine hours hence. I'm still worried about the plane coming out of the drydock sideways, which would mean I'd have to scrap it and start completely from scratch - aside from the material costs, it has taken seven full days to build the thing so far and it'd take just as long to tear it back down again. Hopefully everything will be cool and froody when I go to mash the finalize button. At least if there's a screw up I don't have to worry about the delay it'll impose on the colonists the plane will be bringing down to Baker; at the moment they're all still back on Kerbin...

After conducting the third and final burn of a Boop-Boop 7w probe into a 1,445.1 by 18.0 kilometer, 116.58° inclined tundra orbit for contract, I closed out my day yesterday with House Corrino. The ship broke orbit over Dres and warped to Kerbin, arriving at a speed of 5,467.8 m/s. After seven warp-back maneuvers to bleed off speed, the ship was able to settled into a 556.8 by 478.6 kilometer, 5.28° inclined orbit. First thing that happened this morning was the departure of the G-LOC from Corrino.

AUjwhfC.png
Nothing spectacular here, but it was an important event that happened in daylight for once...

Rather than have the G-LOC head for deorbiting right away, I decided to go ahead and send it to pick up pilot Elon Kerman (yes, the game itself generated the name) from LKO. The G-LOC burned to set an intercept point; after a sixteen minute flight to that point, it burned to set a rendezvous with Elon's Derelict and conducted the rendezvous burn 72 minutes later, at which point Elon abandoned his craft and boarded the G-LOC.

4fyeStE.png
Given his name, I was mildly disappointed that Elon's Derelict turned out to not be a cherry red Tesla roadster, but at least Elon decided to rock a magenta square...

Once Elon was safely ensconced aboard the G-LOC, the necessary maneuvers were made to aim for KSC and the craft de-orbited. Missed the mark by 46.7 kilometers to the east, but the craft still safely splashed down, fulfilling Elon's rescue contract as well as the latest exploration contract (which was to return a craft to Kerbin's surface from Dres's surface). The replacement for Elon's rescue was an easy satellite deployment mission at Duna. My hope had been for the G-LOC's return to get the go-ahead for landing on Moho.

vm9Us0S.png
Dammit Gene, you're killing me. You know, one time I followed up some bad news with a subordinate by sipping coffee too...it cheesed her off something fierce and the next six months were hell. Just saying...

Accepting the new Moho exploration contract, which as y'all can see is comprised of random horse hockey, was the last thing that's happened so far today...

So at this point plans are in the works to take care of the new Moho contract. I've still got House Atreides deployed at Eve and it's occurred to me that I could go ahead and have Corrino's crew begin constructing the TBD base-seeding craft for Moho while Atreides handles the mission. Atreides needs to head back to Kerbin at this point anyway - all of her tourists are ready to come home now. Backus is about ninety minutes out from rendezvous with Harkonnen; her next port of call will be Bop, and I'm liable to be handling that maneuver at some point today as well. Picked up a twelve-Kerbal colonization mission for the Piper Alpha outpost on Mün that I can get underway at any time, while the twenty-kerbal dual colonization mission to C. P. Baker is still on hold pending the completion of the plane at the tail end of their journey. Got the probe mission at Duna to get underway whenever I feel like, and I'm thinking I'll be taking care of the two extant missions I've got at Bop when I get my tourists there. Still plenty going on; getting anxious to get a base set up on Moho at this point...