What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

5 hours ago, Retro Starship said:

Landed just fine but I noticed the part of the contract still has a white vessal info? Also the Mun landing text at the top should be green as well.

munprobe4.jpg

Any one else ever come across these types of issues with probes?

Judging by the blue sky and non-gray ground, I'm pretty sure your probe didn't land on the Mun.  I also notice your G meter is reading several times what it should.  Navigation problems?

16 hours ago, Retro Starship said:

Reveal hidden contents

munprobe2.jpg

Got science recovered, now lets go home...

munprobe3.jpg

Landed just fine but I noticed the part of the contract still has a white vessal info? Also the Mun landing text at the top should be green as well.

munprobe4.jpg

Hmm not sure whats happening so I went back to Gene Kermans list and its still In-active.

Any one else ever come across these types of issues with probes?

Try renaming the vessel and check to make sure it's set as a Probe and not something else like a Relay or Lander.

(1.8.1) Had a pretty busy weekend this past weekend with a fair amount to talk about in my log for a Monday. Been a while...

The weekend kicked off on Friday at the Aban Pearl outpost on Moho, where on Thursday completion of the non-Konkrete structures had been delayed due to a Squad of Krakens blowing up my base repeatedly. The four remaining Pathfinder Chuckwagon modules were finally inflated successfully without subsequent explosions.

pvqe6BK.png
That's the way it should look, dadgummit...

After attaching exterior lights to the Chuckwagons, engineer Anemy Kerman proceeded with the next portion of base construction - getting the Castillo modules into place. That began with the attachment and inflation of the main walkway unit followed by the attachment of the main Castillo dome to the far end of the walkway. To facilitate the attachment of the remaining modules, the Hotel 1 rover proceeded over to where Anemy was working.

64roSLf.png
Nothing particularly interesting about this screenshot, but night vision is almost always cool...

Once in position, Anemy proceeded to attach the rest of the base structure boxes to Hotel 1 for later deployment. Before calling things done for the time being, she went ahead and re-attached a Mineshaft Crew tube to the side of the nearby Hotel 2 rover as well.

About that time, word came from the Nomina Perplexa Yards over Tylo - the print of the Spamcan 7e 6-passenger heavy lander was complete. The Usumacinta outpost on the surface subsequently sent up replacement Rocket Parts and some desperately needed fuel supplies to the shipyard via mass driver, at which point the new lander launched.

EdJLuKr.png
Spamcan 7e at launch, with Jool, Laythe and Vall all visible in the background.

The Spamcan 7e set course for space station Tyloport. Flight time from launch to rendezvous was 66 minutes, during which time the Auk XVI 12-passenger plane I had sent out to Minmus to deliver a group of colonists finally returned to Kerbin after a twelve-day return flight; the plane aerobraked to a 5,058.4 by 47.3 kilometer, 0.02° inclined orbit. I had other things I wanted to do besides deal with a plane landing, so I kept it up high for now - it will come back to periapsis in just over five hours. At that point the new lander affected its rendezvous with Tyloport.

togX17L.png
Magenta square!!!

Rendezvous and docking were both successful, and after the station transferred fuel supplies over, tourist Nafel Kerman transferred from J. G. Backus already docked at Tyloport to the Spamcan, which then departed. After a one orbit delay, the Spamcan 7e made its historic descent to the surface of Tylo (historic in that it was the first time I landed something on the moon without crashing it in the process), landing 206 meters to the west of Usumacinta and fulfilling that portion of Nafel's itinerary to close out the day.

zUAF2LF.png
Nighttime, of course. Because god forbid I ever would actually want to show y'all what my designs look like. At least Nafel seems happy...

Unfortunately, the lander put down outside the fifty meter limit imposed by KAS/KIS and it didn't have sufficient fuel to attempt to land again, so I hit on the idea of building a rover to go out to the lander in order to refuel it (and in the future to offload passengers if necessary). I hit the SPH first thing on Saturday, with the end result of my Spamcan-servicing craft dubbed the Botulism 7.

PlZTzxf.png
Something very offputting about this design...I can't quite put my finger on it either...

I did spend some time driving it around on Kerbin afterwards just to make sure I wasn't going to blow any tires, and while it won't go very fast while fully loaded it should handle itself well enough on flat terrain like what I've got at Usumacinta. Unfortunately, when I went back out to Usumacinta to order up the print, the main walkway between the tent portion of the base and the main Castillo decided to spontaneously combust and I had to change my priorities. So that's all i managed to get done Saturday.

Anticipating the situation like I experienced with the C. P. Baker base out on Laythe wherein all the walkways blew themselves up, I began my day on Sunday with the design of the Phase III module, a KIS container with a dozen Mineshaft Crew Tubes stuffed inside. After piling the crew out of the Foundry module (on the Castillo side) of Usumacinta and having them walk over to the original base (where the launchpads were located), a Phase III module was ordered up; total print time was 57 minutes. Spent the rest of the day at Aban Pearl, which had printed sufficient Konkrete to deploy the main dome. After deployment, Anemy proceeded with the attachment of the remaining base structures. Before the end of the day, the base's ground station transmitter was up and running as well as the ground-based Pipeline mass driver. I only have the Foundry, Depot and Observatory left to go before base construction is complete at Pearl - not quite where I wanted to be at this point, but further along than I honestly thought I'd be this morning. I did have two snags there - one of the Walkways was attached wrong and blew itself up, and the Pipeline got installed sideways - it's pointing northward instead of eastward. That wouldn't be a big deal except that the placement interferes with the intended placement of the observatory module. I have yet to decide how I will ultimately want to correct all this, but I probably will before finishing things up at Pearl.

The shenanigans at Pearl did wind up delaying a few ongoing construction projects, which I went ahead and began finishing up earlier this morning. The Non Caseus Yards over Mün finished up its print of a Crater Maker Heavy 7 16-passenger lander after a delay of one hour and fifty minutes. After transferring over fuel, the new lander launched from the shipyard.

WeNurUX.png
That's why this design bugs me...it's kinda reminiscent of a squid. Considering how many Krakens I've experienced lately....

Once clear of the bay, the lander burned to set an intercept with space station Munport; intercept will occur in sixteen minutes. Next up was the print of the Bus Module aboard LSV House Atreides in high Kerbin orbit, which unfortunately didn't go quite according to plan.

CxwoafA.png
Ugh. Do you guys seriously not know which direction to point this stuff in?

The sideways print might've still been acceptable had the nascent Bus Module not been directly underneath one of Atreides's conventional engines. I reluctantly recycled the module, sending up new Rocket Parts from the South Base outpost near KSC via mass driver for another attempt. I'll be heading into the VAB later today so that the final Bus Module will face the correct way (i.e. parallel to Atreides's drydock). The further delay at least gives me a chance to fix the Auk XVIII 20-passenger spaceplane; I have yet to conduct the necessary re-design there. Finally, the Phase III module at Usumacinta completed printing; after the 12 Mineshafts were transferred into the base, the KIS container was recycled and then outpost engineer Geoffrod Kerman went ahead and used a pair of Mineshafts to put the base back together again. Job done and everyone moved back to the Foundry module, Usumacinta began the print of a Botulism 7; total construction time is anticipated to take six hours and 25 minutes. I also ordered up a long-delayed Plane Pylon for Munport at NCY; it will be finished in 77 minutes.

So today I plan to kick things off with getting the Bus Module restarted aboard Atreides, followed by getting the Crater Maker on course to Munport. I've had colonists bound for the Piper Alpha outpost on the Münar surface stuck aboard the station for a while now, and it'll be nice to finally get them where they're going. After that it's back to Pearl to try and see about fixing the issues I had with construction as well as to get the new structures inflated, after which it should be time to deal with more Auk aerobraking and getting the Plane Pylon installed at Munport. I do hope to be able to get to the Botulism print done today so I can get the Spamcan back up to Tyloport; LSV House Harkonnen currently in orbit can't leave until J. G. Backus returns, and Backus can't leave Tyloport until Nafel is aboard. Not much else is on my immediate horizon; I've still got a plane being broken down over Laythe and I still need to do a survey mission to Eve's north pole at some point. Also have some extra crewmen at this point to assign to South Base; been looking for an excuse to get them over there for a while now. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated.

Yeah, if I knew what was causing those I'd do something about it. They haven't been a hindrance to my gameplay so far (except once), so I'm just living with it. All the same, I'm hoping they'll go away when I can finally make the switch to 1.9.x.

hi guys turning on the game now but found other designing programs adobe photoshop, coreldraw to enrich my website and the space development. I still make excuses as after 22:00 clock i do not play this beuatifutl game and car mecahnic simulator2018 but still reminding optimistic as these beautiful games will remind till i die at steam (+space engineers) 

Much Love:> 

6 hours ago, BadOaks said:

Try renaming the vessel and check to make sure it's set as a Probe and not something else like a Relay or Lander.

Oh cool  @BadOaks for mentioning that. I thought at 1st after reading your post that would be it, but no, the "probe" icon was checked. Thank you so much for that reply as well and reading all of my trip to the moon (and back) showing the steps I took to get there rather than assuming anything.

After that post, I continued to google search more so about this issue and found that the "SETI Contracts" mod I had installed (even though its listed as OK) which was the task, has not been updated for a very long time. As a matter of fact it seems there are issues with it as well. No problem I removed it and will continue a bit more with stock contracts or ones tested for 1.8.1 only.

Wernher von Kerman handed our fellow engineers some new blueprints. A few months later we launched our very first rocket.

2VLKwpL.png

Date: 03/05/1956 

Name: ELV-1 "Bumper I"

Altitude reached: 76 mi

Highest Velocity: 1346 m/s (3,010 mph)

DLMQ1Kh.jpg

Date: 11/26/1956

Name: ELV-2 "Bumper II"

Altitude reached: 211 mi

Highest speed: 1467 m/s (3281 mph)

10 hours ago, michaelbezos1 said:

relay -

an electrical device, typically incorporating an electromagnet, which is activated by a current or signal in one circuit to open or close another 

Brikoleur

it is the first time when i now this device so i found the description. Nice one.

Except that in the KSP context, it usually means a probe intended to facilitate contact either beyond normal antenna range, or to bypass blocking bodies.

5 hours ago, Retro Starship said:

Oh cool  @BadOaks for mentioning that. I thought at 1st after reading your post that would be it, but no, the "probe" icon was checked. Thank you so much for that reply as well and reading all of my trip to the moon (and back) showing the steps I took to get there rather than assuming anything.

After that post, I continued to google search more so about this issue and found that the "SETI Contracts" mod I had installed (even though its listed as OK) which was the task, has not been updated for a very long time. As a matter of fact it seems there are issues with it as well. No problem I removed it and will continue a bit more with stock contracts or ones tested for 1.8.1 only.

Sorry to hear that. I mentioned it because I've had that problem where I complete all the requirements of a contract and discover I did so with the game thinking my craft was the wrong type. Usually it's because I have a relay antenna which causes the game to automatically label it as a relay instead of a probe, and it looked like your craft had the small deployable relay antenna on it. Could just be the mod acting up too though. If something like it ever happens to you again, you can go into the cheat menu (alt-F12) and complete the contract that way.

Edited by BadOaks

I posted another career update, but had no actual launches.  All my time was devoted to craft arriving at Duna, Eve & (finally) Jool.   I also had my Eve Dust Sample Return (EDSR-1) finally arrive back home to a splashdown.

Pioneer-Duna passing over the south polar ice caps

H5NdmAN.png

Gilly-Surveyor landed and taking soil samples

umtzYNC.png

EDSR-1 approaching Kerbin for the first time in several years

jLaiIa4.png

After playing some 3-d lunar lander:

2-17-2020-6-14-02-PM-2e0kvtqf.png

I decided to continue dovelopment of my reusable orbital tug (ROT). After hours of tweaking I present to someone, this thing:

2-17-2020-6-15-23-PM-5sbiowef.png

This reasonably sized SSTO can carry an average sized payload to orbit, and then land back on the surface with the help of a large amount of parachutes. Here is the ROT in orbit with it's average sized payload:

2-17-2020-8-37-37-PM-c4bnc2qh.png

And here it is after landing in the ocean:

2-17-2020-9-07-28-PM-15ogcfut.png

Now some of the more keen eyed of you might have noticed that about 92% of the rocket is gone and the remaining 8% is in peices. Well that is because:

1. The parachutes could only slow it to 15 m/s.

2. It wasn't able to stay stable during reentry.

Both of these flaws can be fixed by adding more parachutes, heat shields and some airbrakes.

Edited by Dirkidirk

Hi guys could play the game today but starting siemens nx to make some advanced design and engineering calculations of the two compositions of the rocket patterning of the rocket and spacecraft engineering pdf designs made of two compositions[lower nad higher]. 

Hi guys postponing engineering due to turning on car mechanics simulator as the corel draw x7turned on slowly and the siemens nx as well. as the car mechanic is same great game but fortunately having 3 computers, tablet and couple of phones at the office makes me efficient.

My fresh advanced engineering sheets basing on lower composite and upper composite would be patterned on ariane 5 launcher.

guys feelinf the space race and wants really to join it and develop it but multitasking and my financial limits and lack of funds and good business plans limits the ideas. 

Do you know how to install steam on ubuntu as it is so time consuming and i could play car mechanic simulator 2018 and kerbal space program on 2 computers so it would be more efficient

I planned to make chronological plan of my development at kerbal as it would be good as chaotic turning on the scenarions/missions/or games but again i just turned on go to orbit scenario jsut to keep going and make repeatition.

Do you any of funding or start ups connected with the space indistruy as it is even more than welcome to develop them. 

Much love:> 

Edited by michaelbezos1
adding information