What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

17 hours ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Sorry, Michael.  I don't know how to make the board NOT display the part of that command that looks like a URL (because it is) as a clickable link.  Those were commands to be entered (copy/pasted) at your Linux  command line.  You can't click the link there and expect to get anything sensible as a result, because it's actually a link to the repository itself (which doesn't have an HTML page your browser can interpret).

I sleep to long today total:12,30 hour[7 hours in the shelter+additional 4,30 in the car] so i may struggle with the time to do this particular move but things will not dissapear.

Much love:>

Keeps the things together.  

I've finally gotten my laptop back in working order as well as finished upgrading BH copy to 1.8.1 game version and 1.3 mod version.

Since a lot of planets changed their surface between 1.2 and 1.3, I've evacuated my Armstrong base, and when I switched to the ship loitering in orbit on the upgraded install, I saw that Fate and Destiny are now so much bright:

I2Urj4F.png

New skybox is also pretty gorgeous:

POdsdVP.png

Done with housekeeping, I've landed in the new Scindo's new crater - one with shining rock pillars:

koMa6wo.png

so im making a rocket to carry my station into orbit, and all is going fine. pretty epic rocket i say, a 6 booster asparagus rocket. pretty nice. but the problem is that i put the fuel lines wrong, and the main stage was fueling the last 2 boosters.

they just went off into the distance all by themselves. just flying free. it was hilarious

As we close in on Page 2100 and the commencement of the 22nd Century (a few posts yet!), I just want to say:

the 21st Century of What-Did-You-Do-In-KSP-Today has been tremendously fun!  It's been a pleasure sharing exploits (all yours and mine) in what is almost certainly the most vibrant thread in KSP Forum.  (Thank you, Xeldrak!)

You'll see from the following (click and arrow for slide-show) that ground-based relay link, TARDY (pictured), is connected to NERDS, which is connected to Spark which is in turn connected to FRUIT, to LINUX, to EMACS, to CREAM, to SUGAR, to LIGHT, to DOLLR, to WHALE, to STILE, to MERGE, to LOWLY, to BLUNT, to TREES, to TURKY, to SMOKY, to LUKLA, to BLAST, to BOOST, to FLEAS, to SACKS and thence to the Kerbin KSC.  And that TARDY is located at 88 49N, almost at the Top Pole.

My eternal dream of having a ground-based relay network from somewhere to somewhere else is almost realized!

The last step is to land a Silo base with RA-2 at the Top Pole to complete the circuit.

gD2X2fE.png                                                                           

DAMY/IDK.  (Don't Ask Me Why: that's classified)

Spark itself deserves special credit:

hMuAY0X.png

Spark is a KAA relay network maintenance job and it features it's own pop-up HG relay antenna.  Right now, it is filling in as a place-holder until a Victor III can bring one last ground relay into this position.  (It's quite possible that @purpleivan will be inserting his monocle into the socket of his good eye and examining this design closely and exclaiming, "Hey!  Wait a minute...")

Just coming up with five pages of five-letter words to use as network node names was fun in itself -- and I used spare time in work review meetings to doodle out that list.  SSSHH...

It's sundown on this N-S line of relays right now, so I will update this post in 4h30m (high noon) with a space shot of it.  Fundamentally, it looks like the stitches of a long, jagged scar performed by my dear colleague, Dr Victor Frankenstein.  With a setting of 100% occlusion, it got particularly close-set on the northern ice-cap with each relay just 10-12 kms apart.

KAA Communication ends

Promised updates:  (click & arrows)

aHnlJW5.png   xGIsJYR.png

Edited by Hotel26

Hi guys today woke up only 30 minutes or one hour than the normall 7 hours of sleep in shelter. It is really worth to have steam on both laptops as both car mechanic simulator 2018 and kerbal space program are constructive and in longer/shorter can bring profits $$££ or happiness and successs.

First obstacle notebook does not work the best so i restart it .I found article another to install steam efficiently. I have the .deb package but after the clicking on it there is error.

Do you know how to open this file(file manager or sth?) as these steps written in the past according to the installing ubuntu on steam can takes time.

•  
  •  
  • michaelbezos1
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Hi guys looked for some program which open deb file but i need also to install win zip or sth which is quite time-consuming to install.

Much Love:>

Much love:>

Keeps the things together. 

Edited by michaelbezos1
addin info from below try to delele the below post

44 minutes ago, michaelbezos1 said:

how to open this file

apt install <file.deb>

or

dpkg -i <file.deb>

in a console.
You don't "open" .deb files, you give them to the system package manager and it installs them.

3 minutes ago, michaelbezos1 said:

looked for some program which open deb file but i need also to install win zip

Uhh, what OS are you actually running? .deb files are packages for Debian GNU/Linux and derivatives, winzip is for Windows, hence the name.

Also, this is really the wrong thread for such discussion...

I've been continuing along with my latest career attempt.  In the process, I took up a challenge that I have been wanting to do for awhile.  

This time, as I play it through, I am paying very careful attention to the craft I create with a two-pronged focus toward both reusability and optimization of parts based on where I am on the tech tree.  It's allowing me to build a "Pro-Stock" hangar of craft and subassemblies that minimizes the number of craft and assemblies required while also unlocking the tech tree as fast as possible.  

I've been having a lot of fun with it...  and discovering some interesting things.  It is far more useful for me to incorporate certain higher level tech as a small subassembly that I can add to craft later, rather than delay the development of a certain design waiting for the part to be unlocked!  

My zero-G bot "Ziggy" for instance allows me to have the most advanced guidance systems added to any craft that I already have in orbit.  Not to mention, he's quite handy in retrieving and transferring items between craft!  The craft themselves are far more useful to be built earlier in my career without such advanced guidance systems and then Ziggy becomes a welcome addition to the team later.  As a result, my ZGB's seem to have a personality all their own and feel like I'm playing a sentient robot, rather than an automated piece of equipment. 

Ziggy, my faithful zero-G bot, and a favorite team member:

Ziggy.jpg

Hopefully, there's no conflicting directives in his programming that might one day cause him to lock us all out of the station!

If this sort of play style sounds interesting to you, I posted the "Pro-Stock Challenge" yesterday for anyone who might like to participate!  (the link is in my signature below).  I don't have my Pro-Stock hangar complete yet, but I have about a dozen or so craft so far that I think fit the description and I continue to work toward filling gaps in my hangar to make the most of the technology available and serve as many mission profiles as possible.  It's giving me a pretty interesting perspective on what tech I consider a "Core Craft Requirement" vs. what is better served in the form of a subassembly.  For instance, ladders are a rather interesting outlier in early tech craft.

One of my very early Pro-Stock designs is a small science jet with minimal parts that can be used as soon as the aircraft node is unlocked and prior to any hangar or runway upgrades.

J-34_Harbinger.jpg

Tech_J-34_Harbinger.jpg

Edited by XLjedi

On 2/23/2020 at 6:33 AM, StupidAndy said:

so im making a rocket to carry my station into orbit, and all is going fine. pretty epic rocket i say, a 6 booster asparagus rocket. pretty nice. but the problem is that i put the fuel lines wrong, and the main stage was fueling the last 2 boosters.

they just went off into the distance all by themselves. just flying free. it was hilarious

Ah yes, the joys of asparagus.

Examples

1. Detach 4 "spent" boosters only to have two of them whoosh upward on their own, burning that precious fuel, or worse slapping into the side of the vehicle turning it into flaming wreckage.

2. You're thundering skyward on your creation that pummels the laws of physics into submission with a hammer made of fire, that is about to become its latest victim. There's a slight change in the sound of the engines and the whole thing starts rolling over. Cause... one engine of the next stage to drop has run out of fuel and now the thing is inbalanced and rolls over with the result of flaming wreckage on the ground.

I've had both of these more times than I'd like to admit, followed by the game of hunt the fuel line in you VAB filling monstrosity.

Edited by purpleivan

Finally took time to update what could be updated. And, while KSP did get stuck after a use of Ctrl+Z in the VAB, I've ran a simulation for landing on Eve. And kraken's tentikles, the entry is tough (from a 100km orbit at least). I forgot what it was to land in atmospheric things. But now I have a nifty aeroshell, a carrier for four probes (I need to land in 3 biomes but I know myself, there's at least one that I'll mess. I'm considering bringing eight probes) which double as a relay (because Eve is far away it seems), and now I mostly need to attach engines and tanks to it to throw it up there.

I'll probably use the spacecamp station as an assembly line for the craft. Since I also need to bring a lab there. And its in KEO, which makes launch to it easier, and from it a bit cheaper.

So, back in business I guess :)

I started a new career. The theme for this one is "Waste not, want not." That means that my self-imposed constraint is that everything is either recoverable, reusable, or permanent, no exceptions. I will not leave a single piece of debris anywhere in the system. The only things I'm consuming are Lf, Ox, ore, and fairing shells -- as long as I keep the fairings themselves in circulation (or recover them), I consider deploying the shells allowed. Otherwise Hard settings except quickloads allowed (within reason, especially for design and prototyping), but signal required and plasma blackout for CommNet and G-limits for parts and kerbals.

So far the potato phase has been tough. It's surprisingly hard to design a fully recoverable sounding rocket that will reach space and come back in one piece, kerbonaut intact, with only a few dozen Sci points and pocket lint for funds. It was even harder to make something that can do a Mun flyby and orbit. Still I've gotten that far and I now have the capability to swing by Minmus to harvest a bit of orbital Sci from there.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, XLjedi said:

My zero-G bot "Ziggy" for instance allows me to have the most advanced guidance systems added to any craft that I already have in orbit.  Not to mention, he's quite handy in retrieving and transferring items between craft!  The craft themselves are far more useful to be built earlier in my career without such advanced guidance systems and then Ziggy becomes a welcome addition to the team later.  As a result, my ZGB's seem to have a personality all their own and feel like I'm playing a sentient robot, rather than an automated piece of equipment. 

Ziggy, my faithful zero-G bot, and a favorite team member:

Ziggy.jpg

Very useful, I'm sure.

But does it play guitar?

24 minutes ago, DJWyre said:

But you got the joke, right?

No...  not sure anyone would.  I more had the pudgy little cartoon character in mind.

But the actual nickname arose from my design designation of ZGB for "Zero-G Bot" and I took to calling them "Zig-B's" for awhile.   Ziggy just seemed more endearing for this one I s'pose.

Edited by XLjedi