What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I've been working on a mod to reliably boostback and land boosters Falcon 9 style. The aim is for very high accuracy, reliability, easy to use. Its nearly there. I've posted a video of it working in base KSP and will shortly upload a Realism Overhaul example.

Please enjoy. I hope to release the mod within a week or two after adding automatic deployment or grid fins and landing gear.

Finished a community project. Had great submissions. I was managing this project called Providence. It was an infrastructure project. So I managed these crafts. We never got to do everything but hey this was the end result. This isn't everything, I have a video coming out next week for it. This weeks video is mun arches explained

screenshot934.png?width=1043&height=586screenshot736.png?width=1043&height=586screenshot936.png?width=1043&height=586screenshot937.png?width=1043&height=586screenshot938.png?width=1043&height=586screenshot939.png?width=1043&height=586

On 12/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, Urus28 said:

Valentina was jealous of Jeb last plane.... So I had to build her a better plane.y4mN-bZN4J0buE8e0a-iDS4H2m4v-oMsST01TZgO

y4mEIgP-9AQfIylWjI0sIOYWKiGDyvcthitCwD3i

y4mmbiHDHl7QiNzXWnqZ673fYXGYnfsWcl3fwshp

I think Val and Jeb r in love with each other ;) I highly doubt she's jealous

2 hours ago, MR L A said:

I'm a little low on inspiration today... so, how about I ask "what *should* I do in KSP today?"

Bare in mind I have a bit of a potato PC and I'm not Stratzenblitz75 :D 

or are you?

Construction site. As far the Mighty Kraken eat one smallest pv during conections of pipes. Drilling, refuealing - industrializing da Mun.

More pipes waiting around, more old, unesfull vessels with tanks to deorbit (drilling work only in daylight - solar pannels are afraid of the dark).

3197C3649682DF4B92C3E6F163D281F5414D21B4

I've been playing KSP since (I think) roughly early 2012.  I remember when v0.18 came out, and was pretty excited about it!

Today, I installed and used a Mod for the first time ever.  Actually, two of them!  I've always enjoyed playing completely stock.  I also always realized that I was missing out on a lot by not installing mods, but was fine with that.

One difficulty I've always had (even back with v0.18..) is having several vessels in flight, and warping past when I needed to perform a maneuver.  I tend to have a lot of ships going different places at once.  So, my first mods are two by TriggerAu, Kerbal Alarm Clock and Transfer Window Planner.

I'll probably put a bunch of ships up and on their way to somewhere tonight, to try them out.  A belated thank you to TriggerAu (these mods have been available for a long time.,), I'm really excited about trying them out.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:03 AM, evileye.x said:

my first (ever!) BG propeller plane

I was not perfectly honest :) , because from name you can clearly see it is at least 5th iteration (or 7th?...)

This was  my first.

ACtC-3d_w1rfsssLJewT_wXvbdOZRLU2uKOBSE5K 

Ended up like this:

ACtC-3fDssTTUqvKIOPgX7JlfmmVM94unaeXwzld

Valentina had even less luck with this untamed beast of a plane:

ACtC-3fLXjYWIezpNSGZFOaWtiJ9jCzn5QRJVAES

Edited by evileye.x

I performed some manouvers that are not posible with manouvers node, because normal and antinormal keep changing when executed, and I need thright vector to get home on these fuel (whicg is not dsiplayed, because of fancy staging):

E7EA1EC351DE5AAE16560BDDE3F662B0D1AF5875

Deorbit more old stuff (there were discusion what to do with them - use them as fuel storage for mine):

B7DCE53A82953C3DC042BCE9B302D8A24B0BB148

Pipes checked - they do not leak in this temperature:

1F06E32054378B30732AD4FDB8B80F539632E07E

Send more pipes - pipes are good (package of four):

BCBAFAAD3EF748C3159F7FC2EDF6BB63BC2FD9E6

Running some missiones - it become crowdy:

FDD6EB5F73582B2DD50CD98B9786AE5C445B5312

Waiting for two more passangers and a bus - one home, one to Minmus:

5938565ED878E8CBBA08FF37E2D53818F68E3337

Engineers failed to fix wheels:

9C8BE0DD46CAC0BB9D24D5F3A3B0C2D049AD4B02

What could do scientist whe rover get up from slope 200m above the surface?

Perform EVA!

EA8CDC04578A6E5EBCA28236F88973B7D8E7D47E

I started Learning KOS programming, and how PIDLoop work, and use especially the function integrate in kos, with success.

I'm not good enough to program this kind of function Mathematical, and still a lot to understand about steering things...

I never practice VTOLs in ksp, first time with KOS.

first landing on VAB in this save game (career mod, with kos now and lot of mod), altitude control is perfect with kos , but maintaining stability manually was very hard...

QEMgaJSh.jpg

it's two stage vessel, sky crane can detach, to do science has precise places.

KEWbdz6h.png

collected science!!.

SZRmIC2.png

on the left container for deployed science, on the idden side are grouping all the science modules at this stage of my career.

steph.

Deployed the slowest time warp setting I’ve ever used (1/25 speed) to hit the Moon with a rocket with a TWR of 15 at that point in the transfer burn. With no engine restarts and no control beyond turning the engine off it had to be incredibly precise, miss by even a tenth of a second either way and it misses the Moon, by another tenth and it doesn’t even hit the Moon’s SOI.

After two recent incidents involving the first type of rotary aircraft shown below:

qFV2Ijf.png  <--- that one;  not this one ---> ea8muad.png

the KTSB have conducted preliminary tests on it (above left: Chippewa) and also on the Coaster Sports (above: right) to determine whether:

a) these aircraft are "safe to fly" and
b) whether KSP, a publicly-traded game "for amusement", is capable of supporting auto-rotation, which is deemed essential for the safety of the game-playing public.

Here, KTSB employee, Donsted Kerman ( I believe that is pronounced "Don-sted Ker-man"), risks his life climbing to 3 km to test the Chippewa across the bay, so as not to endanger the lives, also, of the Kerbin Space Center Fire Fighting Units.

9f8J8Mh.png   YjJ68h9.png   GwPEgSh.png

Donsted was able to safely guide the Chippewa to a soft touch-down after cutting the gas to the twin Junos and initiating a precipitous dive [sink rate: 50+ m/s].  Rotor revolutions were maintained on limited battery power.

Donsted also determined that the Coaster Sports is capable of level flight at a mere 12 m/s with the rotors turning at 460 rpm with zero collective applied.  Note though that the Coaster is not a pure rotary craft (as it has wings).

The KTSB report filed stated that the first incident involving the Chippewa was caused by a failure to refuel the vehicle before use ["pilot error"] and the second incident (crash site pictured above) involved a high-speed, wheeling descent at an altitude of 5 km "without due care" or "commensurate understanding of the operation of a rotorcraft at high altitude, nor of proper procedure recovering from a high-speed descent [pilot error]".

Finally, after a separate test, using the Coaster, the KTSB issued a NOTAM indicating that "KSP does not support true auto-rotation" and advised "all airmen to desist using KSP, for any purpose, until the software problem is diagnosed and repaired[1]"

[1] KSP2?

Edited by Hotel26