What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I haven't done it, but I need to test out a new launch system design that takes the Space Shuttle, STS Stack, makes it cheaper, better and leverages propulsion landings, rather than gliding. 

Should be an interesting challenge, as my understanding is historically there were some designs where the orbiter would primarily be a lifting body, rather than a delta-wing. Due to DOD requirements, the long cross range was integrated and thus the wingspan was increased. 

This weekend I launched this career's first couple of interplanetary probes on an Eve transfer window.

h8hEIxU.jpg

b1NWGa0.jpg

ERSO-1 and ERSO-2 are equipped with various imagers and altimetry scanners, as well as relay communications antennas. They should bring in a nice haul of science while also building the infrastructure for future missions.

JD9VTKk.jpg

X926QNr.jpg

ERSO-3's mission is to sample Eve's atmosphere and return it to Kerbin, also fulfilling an Eve-flyby contract in the process.

opnLlj5.jpg

In other news, the CASSI mission completed it's fifth and final landing, 154 days after leaving Kerbin. Zelbal and Dubus landed in a polar ice crater (now called Dubus Crater) near the south pole. They set up a number of surface experiments including a seismometer, goo observation station, and an ionographer.

VyKur0q.jpg

1voTTmd.jpg

Zelbal jetted over to Beetle science laboratory that's been sitting there for several months to run a materials exposure experiment.

tSRKGta.jpg

The CASSI crew have now collected surface samples from every Munar biome, and more importantly I feel a lot more comfortable planning for long-duration missions now. They've still got another ~350 days left before I'm ready to bring them home, so I'll think about whether I want relocate the station into Minmus orbit or build a new one there.

vSbXehI.jpg

7k9rvPS.jpg

k9A5hOt.jpg

Edited by BadOaks

The reliability RNG decided to be particularly spiteful for me yesterday. First off, an engine failed to light on the launchpad; no biggie, just re-engage it and it restarts fine. Mid flight another engine failed, which was OK because the rocket has six boosters so I can turn off the engine on the other side and drop them both to save weight. But then another engine failed, causing massively asymmetric thrust and the rocket began tumbling.

Those engines that failed have a failure rate of 1.2%; they’re as reliable as they can be and I haven’t had any major issues with them yet, but on this one flight I get three failures!? I don’t like reverting flights and would have continued with just the one booster failing, but after the second went it was unrecoverable so I reverted it. And another engine failed on the pad the second time round...

Stopped my modding activity (IVA cockpit for MK2 cockpit) for now !!

I've finished modifying all the rasterprop MFD, mfd40-20, mfd60-30, and a mfd dedicated only to KOS, with all the animated buttons, adding 3d details etc.

And the ability to change the brightness of the mfd screen with an ASET knob. (add to mfd)

I guess I'll need permissions from the creator of ASET prop and kosPropMOnitor, if one day I want to make them available. (Because the mu file and the cfg file are completely modified and mfd page file too.)

I do a lot of tuto on blender 2.91, with the addons boxcutter hardsop and decalmachin.

But mostly I try to add to my Hover program kos , (the function to maintain altitude work), a landing function and stability position, but I have big gap in mathematics with vectors and functions

I am lost between vectors and directions. And how it's work.

I use a lot VecDraw() now to see how the vector is in KSP.

it's a nightmare I don't know what started. :lol:

steph.

EDIT (25/02/2021)

I just realized that having a brightness setting on the MFD and a page showing the RasterPropMonitor module (e.g. MechJeb) had already been done by @Nertea my apologies.

Edited by stephm

Today I encountered the KSP docking port bug.

I press "undock" and nothing happens. Read on the ned you need to edit the save file. Too scary for me never been in a KSP save file.

Launched new ships and trasfer the crew and mark the old ships as debris.

Except for that I launched my 200m .... well ... very long science ship to Jool.

It is a long stack of several ships.

Pusher 

Science section for 24 three star scientists

power section with tweak scaled solar panels

ore storage section with ISRU

Miner

Lander for 15 kerbals that can handle gravity between Mun and Kerbins gravity, it is going to be used for their education to become 5 star scientists.

Explorer a very heavy but very compact science lander

this stack is probably 200 m long or more .... frame rate is 5 as in "five" when it is loaded. it is on a escape trajectory out of kerbin 4 days left.

I PROMISE I SEND A PICTURE OF THE MONSTER WHEN ITS ATTIDE IS PROGRADE AND THE SUN IS SHINING ON IT.

bye for now.

Refuelled Durandal, and had Jeb and the gang fly over to Vall. Everything has been working beautifully so far. Had to burn a bit of oxidiser on the way down but I had budgeted for that so it's all good. Touched down with about 1800 m/s in the tank and enough Ox to get a good kick off the surface. Ought to be enough to get back to Laythe.

Spoiler

Edit: it was, easily, I had about 500 m/s left on the Nerv on landing. Next, if I have the patience, I'll see if I can swing by Bop and/or Pol. 

f8a6gwU.png

P3q1dGg.png

oErYKH2.png

Edited by Guest

Rescue mission for me today...

Mission to send Jebediah , Bill and Bob to Duna

duna1.jpg

Aerobraking in Duna's thin atmosphere

duna2.jpg

Parachuting to the landing site

duna3.jpg

What's with the flags?

duna4.jpg

Heading home - oops - tank too small, after a brief rendevous in orbit, back down they come for a second landing

duna5.jpg

Jebediah and Bob are stranded! But Bill in the CM makes it home

Bill and Valentina to the rescue... another lander, with a bigger tank and 4 seats! Note to self, no landing gear was a bad idea...

duna6.jpg

Minimal is my thing, no comfy (heavy) passenger cabins on my ships! 3 in the CM, 2 on the hull!

Return trip took a year, but they were happy enough playing with their new visors.

duna7.jpg

Jebediah and Bob are picked up by a third vessel in Kerbin orbit, and everyone splashes down safe and sound... success!

duna8.jpg

Speaking of Duna... I finally landed crew on Duna! It's hard to believe that I've been playing since 1.7.3 (technically 1.4.5) and I haven't landed Kerbals on Duna, but that changes today!

mM1BHih.png

Burning

q30qjQ1.png

Leaving Kerbin

m53HsU2.png

Kerbin's just a tiny speck now! See if you can spot Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus (DOE is the best!)

cpfGRa2.png

Hi Duna!

MLWgRS6.png

Duna! What did you eat!? Oh right...

VX4EMg8.png

Undocking

lwx4p8j.png

Going down!

ZPoUOwP.png

Boy is it hot in here...

HHgoaZ2.png

Yes.

hWOLmH6.png

Oh wait... we have MORE parachutes!?

wVPnVHX.png

Welcome to the Rusty Planet. Well actually, our landing legs are made of stainless steel. But who cares?

pIEMr2V.png

Mmm... nice fresh helmet air

9jRvBWw.png

"Minmus looks much more tastier" - Valentina Kerman

1xJYd3D.png

"It's one small step- Oh wait. I have rather big feet."

krogqGf.png

:D

OtYLGGo.png

Down, down, down.. to the down under

hL4f4mP.png

/o

5ypsYK6.png

"Oh no! Not a flag! I'm scared of flags!"

KFpzVBk.png

"What's that in my suit?"

3iyRpzf.png

Run like the Sun! Here comes the Sun! 

DK52v7S.png

A overall view of the Ares 2 landing site

I cheated the Hab module to Duna, however, theoretically the lander has enough capacity to carry it, so it could be possible with KIS. Sadly I forgot to install KIS on this already boggled-down install. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

@Misguided Kerbal, about your post above, did you use any part mods?

Of course! I use tons and tons of parts mods, but the ones shown there should include the NF Suite, Universal Storage 2, Restock, Restock+, And the Hab is from SSPXr.

I'm in love with Nertea. Oh wait, did I say that out loud?

Is it sad that I’m excited about unlocking fuel cells? That’s what RP-1 does to you I guess... 

But much more importantly, I did my first docking in RP-1, which was made much more difficult than it needed to be by the fact that every time I time warped the closest approach went from 0.0km to 3km or more, and physics warping also changes the orbits for some odd reason (suspect Persistent Rotation may be involved, might get rid of that and find out) plus a loss of signal right when the two probes were about 15m apart, causing them to float right past each other before I regained control.

Hey guys... Yeah, I've been away again for months, so I've missed loads of your contents. Actually too many pages to even start looking at the point I read last :/  So I won't, at least not these days. I've been reading again for about 10-15 days now, and also updated to 1.11, updated most of the mods, watched some youtube videos... and in case this one has been previously shared, I'm sorry about it, but I think the quality of all of it, every detail, is worth it...

I know, I know, it is not my video, but I have next to nothing to upload. I've been working in the smallest kerballed SSTO that I could figure out (pure stock) and maybe I'll upload photos of it soon :) 

Cheers!

J

Did a little tinkering with an extra hard career (hard settings + 30% science & funds rewards, plasma blackout, signal required for control, 110% heating, g-limits on parts on kerbals), with the Luciole mod to fill the role of sounding rockets (actually I also have USI sounding rockets, but mostly using Luciole)

tS2wfU0.png

First sub-orbital recovery

LB8k9q1.png

First successful* satellite - for some reason, I thought the Luciole payload fairing had a built-in decoupler for the payload.  I was wrong, so my satellite is a little bigger than planned, but it works

PyFqjtp.png

*The actual first satellite fell victim to loss of signal 45 seconds before Apoapsis, and didn't regain it before reentering the atmosphere.  For the second try, I launched from the Dessert space center instead, and had an Ap easily within line of sight to KSC

Edited by Cavscout74

Engineer Bill Kerman took a KIS CB1 concrete block and crossed it with a Pegasus I Mobility Enhancer and made some Climbing Pitons. He is now climbing the walls... literally.

0lmQDiP.png

Next step... Lets do some adventure high altitude rock wall climbing! :D

2 minutes ago, Opteryx said:

I didnt do much. I just created a new modded engine, the 3.0 Omega Yeet Ion Engine, which has 999999 thrust and uses almost no fuel. I got to orbit in 5.2 seconds with it.

Holy molly! Is there a way I can download it? I want to use it too.

1 hour ago, computercat04 said:

Holy molly! Is there a way I can download it? I want to use it too.

Unfortunatley, the mod is just Hypermod with more parts. It has the word "plagarism" written all over it. I might try to make it a seperate mod, though.

The weirdest thing just happened to me...

I was on imgur to get the screenshots for the latest update of my RP-1 career series (shameless self-plug https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/198428-terranism-space-program/) and I got distracted scrolling down through the imgur home page, when I suddenly spotted Kerbal Space Program on there, on a post about some stock market shenanigans.  The internet is even weirder than I ever imagined :confused: