What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Today I flew to the Baikerbanur Lake House, at the foot of the Baikerbanur Mountains in my brand new amphibian!

The 2 and a half hour trip had multiple stops in between, and the delay had us racing against the sun to not run out of solar power at sunset. In the end we made it easily, as battery power was only just kicking in.

usc7uRh.jpg

ffz5rVo.jpg

5xWQt1t.jpg

Cl0P18P.jpg

8TBqzEW.jpg

BRaw06y.jpg

vE4RyFn.jpg

Time to enjoy the sunset from the balcony!

Seriously creative. "Come with me ,and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination" : Gene Wilder.

4 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Ok. Now I have seen them. Even the bloopers are very impressive. It takes off very easily. I see you know the perils of a rudder system which is too good. Turning so quickly that you end up flying backwards with your thrust now braking you to stall speed, and hoping you are high enough to get back to speed before you plummet to the ground. The Extremely good stunt plane I have, that sprang out of constantly refining it after I completed the 2 bridge chanellenge, does that. It also can be flown any side up including on it's side and maintain height. I had a stunt course, made with Kerbal Konstructs, that I used to love testing my reactions on. That was before the great meltdown where I couldn't workout what was crashing KSP. Had to reinstall and I haven't got round to building a new course yet.

Thanks for the links @swjr-swis

Today I polished and personalised the 7th iteration of my SR71 Blackbird.

Spoiler

XHAUB1f.jpg

Then, Inspired by the"Starling Run" of @Hotel26. I Flew from the once secret research base of Kermundson, that sits on the South pole. To the North Pole. My landing wasn't a bullseye but I think it is adjacent enough.

Spoiler

8a4mP0o.pngKgSKG2F.png0kyKctF.pnguD339JB.pngzHTxvTE.pngr2EZs3s.pngnmMo4oo.pngCdOZcOX.pngp7uC4uD.pngD4yQ8GP.png

Roughly 30 Kerbal minutes pole to pole. Big Smile on Jeb's Face. :D

5 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

That is the best-looking SR-71 I've seen here or at KerbalX.com...

Thanks @Hotel26. All the wonderful modders who make Aircraft parts make it possible. The chines are "MK2 expansion" and cosmetic variants I configed up that have no attributes. They are just for sculpting. The cockpits are from "Aviation Cockpits" The rear chute is from "Wernhers Old Stuff." The Engines are my Scramjet whiplash config. I try to make my engine configs as close to real world as I can while making up for the fact that Kerbal jets are usually heavier than the real world. And of course Tweakscale makes all the narrowing and and other size differences possible. Most of my fighter Jets use "NMB" (Nice Mk2 Bodies) which I only found because someone mentioned it in a Youtube vid. Spacedock doesn't suggest it unless you specifically type it in. Which is criminal because the modder is seriously talented. The decals are "Conformal Decals".  I always look up specifications on Wikipedia and many photos of different angles of an Aircraft before I start. My planes length and width are usually within a meter of the real thing. Body thickness can be a problem though. Getting my F22 Raptor and F35B lightning II to look right was challenging.

That is my waffling on done for now :P

@Hotel26 I tried sending a new personal message but I am doing something wrong and it says that it can't be received.

This is a link to the first KerbalX upload. I think I have put in the right craft file but I need to play my game to check.

Could you download and see if it works for you?

https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/Teen-Stunt-Plane

Took my favourite plane (Seabird), and my favourite rover (Expedition) added a little Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) magic and I can now deploy a fully equipped science rover anywhere on the planet via airlift to a land or water landing. Good thing the rover is amphibious!

nIUi76E.png

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Took my favourite plane (Seabird), and my favourite rover (Expedition) added a little Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) magic and I can now deploy a fully equipped science rover anywhere on the planet via airlift to a land or water landing. Good thing the rover is amphibious!

nIUi76E.png

What is your rover made with? This overhead shot looks seriously detailed.

6 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The Feline Utility Rover mod. Was just recently updated for new stock inventory as well.

Thanks, I actually have this downloaded from ages back but because I have been concentrating on planes I never installed it. My bad.

Also. you probably have more experience than me, but from previous cargo plane with vehicles inside I have found it pays to have the tow bars both front and back in the cargo hold and have atleast 1 at each end attached. The KAS has breaking limit programmed in and with 1 I have had plenty of planes crashed when the connector breaks and the cargo clips through the hull.

Edited by ColdJ

12 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

it pays to have the tow bars both front and back

Yes. I have a tow bar in front and back of the rover and I have a winch to assist with loading the vehicle. Planes with a sudden shift in cargo weight tend to... plummet.

I also find that just driving the rover in can cause stability issues in both vehicles. The winch takes a little longer, but it generally works out better.

4 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Yes. I have a tow bar in front and back of the rover and I have a winch to assist with loading the vehicle. Planes with a sudden shift in cargo weight tend to... plummet.

I also find that just driving the rover in can cause stability issues in both vehicles. The winch takes a little longer, but it generally works out better.

See. I knew you were smart when I saw that you also appear to use a lander can as an internal entrance to the cargo hold. :D

@Caerfinon This is an early version of my "Frogmouth Cargo" . Before I got Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.hdSNUKS.pngQDZrF3e.pngErsBjb0.png

It's VTOL because whenever I used to land out in a field originally, the wings would snap off. VTOL stopped that from happening.

1 minute ago, Caerfinon said:

That there is some kerbalesque awesomeness! Nicely done. :heart_eyes:

Thank you. You may have noticed that back then I misunderstood which way Airbrakes were meant to go. :P

I've been messing around with electric orbital slingshots and thought it would be funny to make a 'how it's made episode' out of it.. just for excrements and giggles.
The actual transfer costs of the fuel is pretty cheap! It only takes around 100 m/s to get a fuel tank from Minmus to the fuel station and back!
The only drawback is the immense amount of time it takes to get a FT300 fuel tank into space, hehe.

Here's a small video I made of the episode (3:16).

•  

10 minutes ago, xendelaar said:

I've been messing around with electric orbital slingshots and thought it would be funny to make a 'how it's made episode' out of it.. just for excrements and giggles.
The actual transfer costs of the fuel is pretty cheap! It only takes around 100 m/s to get a fuel tank from Minmus to the fuel station and back!
The only drawback is the immense amount of time it takes to get a FT300 fuel tank into space, hehe.

<Snip>

I really love this! Very imaginative! And I mean for both the entire ore to fuel process as well as the presentation!

Makes me want to create similar videos!

20 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Thanks @Hotel26. All the wonderful modders who make Aircraft parts make it possible. The chines are "MK2 expansion" and cosmetic variants I configed up that have no attributes. They are just for sculpting. The cockpits are from "Aviation Cockpits" The rear chute is from "Wernhers Old Stuff." The Engines are my Scramjet whiplash config. I try to make my engine configs as close to real world as I can while making up for the fact that Kerbal jets are usually heavier than the real world. And of course Tweakscale makes all the narrowing and and other size differences possible. Most of my fighter Jets use "NMB" (Nice Mk2 Bodies) which I only found because someone mentioned it in a Youtube vid. Spacedock doesn't suggest it unless you specifically type it in. Which is criminal because the modder is seriously talented. The decals are "Conformal Decals".  I always look up specifications on Wikipedia and many photos of different angles of an Aircraft before I start. My planes length and width are usually within a meter of the real thing. Body thickness can be a problem though. Getting my F22 Raptor and F35B lightning II to look right was challenging.

That is my waffling on done for now :P

She is seriously gorgeous!! :o Good job!!!

Today I made sure my mini wall hugger for climbing sheer buildings was useable by stock with Breaking Ground DLC.

Then I published it on Kerbal X

https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/APC-Mini-Wall-Hugger-KX

MpBtDt1.png

@Hotel26 @Tsar_bomba @FruitGoose @Caerfinon @Dientus @Stone Blue @Bej Kerman @swjr-swis

Edited by ColdJ

Dispatched two missions to Venus- orbiter/lander duo and a scanning satellite- followed by five to Mars- another scanner, a sample collection rover, a sample return lander, another sample gatherer to get samples from Phobos and Deimos and yet another probe to collect those samples up and take them back to Earth. Due to the inclinations of Earth, Mars and the Moon each launch was a day after the next so that the planes were aligned, so the launchpad teams were kept busy for almost a week during the Mars transfer window.

With that lot out of the way, I can focus on doing more crewed missions; just as soon as I capture this probe into orbit of Mercury. This may take a while...

7 hours ago, xendelaar said:

•  

Watched it. If you actuall did all those things in game then I guess you work for Space X already. Very Cool.:cool: