What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 minute ago, Hotel26 said:

There's an old saying: "there are two kinds of pilots: those who have landed 'gear-up' -- and those who will".  It doesn't help that there is no gear lever in the IVA, nor the 3 green lights...

That is why the Eagle cockpit with the Rasterprop interior is so good. Has all the toggles. Also you can put the simple camera in the nose and observe throught the inside monitors what is below.

By the way, where is your Navball colour scheme from?

Oh and look at the world view, you will see a continent with a very long winding river. That is good glide course. I do River Runner boat speed runs through there.

18 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

where is your Navball colour scheme from

NavBallTextureChanger allows reconfiguration.  My particular poison is listed in one of the several NavBallTextureChanger threads in this forum as: Navball_black_green_2.png

Additionally, I use DraggableNavball to hoik it left-of-center...

I changed colors, becoming frustrating with losing one a paricular pink marker on a yellow background (or some such combination).

Another landing and I notice that on this particular model of sailplane, you can visually check gear-down by looking down the length of the wing, where it should be visible when deployed...

Edited by Hotel26

14 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Another landing and I notice that on this particular model of sailplane, you can visually check gear-down by looking down the length of the wing, where it should be visible when deployed...

You are welcome. :)

I shall look up the topic on Nav Balls. Thank you.

Done .I have the plugin for Navball texture changer and will try it out next time play. Even with 2000 less MM patches it still takes about 8 minutes to load up. "Deep Sigh".

38 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Additionally, I use DraggableNavball to hoik it left-of-center...

FYI: this is stock functionality (not draggable, but there's a slider in the settings).

22 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Even with 2000 less MM patches it still takes about 8 minutes to load up.

If you have any kind of FPS limit set on the game, either by the in-game setting or externally enforced by the graphics driver, try letting that go. Load time is directly related to how many frames can be churned out.

I think there's even a mod(let) out there that disables FPS limits just for loading, then enables it again for the rest of the game... exactly because of this.

2 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

FYI: this is stock functionality (not draggable, but there's a slider in the settings).

If you have any kind of FPS limit set on the game, either by the in-game setting or externally enforced by the graphics driver, try letting that go. Load time is directly related to how many frames can be churned out.

I think there's even a mod(let) out there that disables FPS limits just for loading, then enables it again for the rest of the game... exactly because of this.

A yes to knowing how to move the Nav Ball. You may have noticed that my pics have it to the right.

Should have been specific about the loading. That is from Starting the game till everything is loaded into memory and ready to start doing anything. When actuall playing I have half res, no scatter and generally low graphics settings, Apart from flying near a landed craft at 2.3 km out.( Unless I have "Physics Range Extender" turned on.) I get nice smooth frame rates. Just loading the game usually takes up about 60% of 16gb. I really need to cull all the Rocket engines I am unlikley to ever use.

Some guy downloaded my stock glider, ripped off some bits, stuck on some propellors and solar panels and the uploaded it as his own. So I dusted off the ducted fan model, Made sure it was adjusted properly and uploaded it for those who want to follow the sun forever in an infinite "seeming" glide.

Or pretend to ride thermals up in a slow wheel.

https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/Power-Glider-BG-KX

Oh and my Kerbals while researching Submarine control thrusters accidentally invented the "SEA DOO/JET SKI impeller" I built a SEA DOO to go with it but forgot to take pics, so Later for those.

Hope you all are relaxed and enjoying your projects.

Spammed a load of contracts to make some money for an upcoming Moon base, built a few cheap(ish) probes based on an old contract sat launcher to make use of new experiments, and dispatched a probe to Ceres in an utterly unremarkable launch, nothing special about it at all, no siree, absolutely no booster backflips during the ascent due to insufficient gimbal on an F-1 engine running at close to 10,000kN...

Bob & Bill got lost driving around the desert space center - one of the JNSQ-KK space centers that is

8p5E91rh.png?1

Then sent a few low tech designs into space - but neither reached orbit - while experimenting with the tech tree

BrRXOa2h.png?1

L1euLSJh.png?1

W1KZmWBh.png?1

L9hKDnPh.png?1

The Explorer probe almost made orbit, but I had modified the design to fit the available parts and the new one wasn't quite up to the job

qFj6goqh.png?1

16 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

stock functionality (not draggable, but there's a slider in the settings)

Source of confusion seems to have been that the slider is not in the Space Center view Settings but is in the Flight View (which does have a navball).  So this is kind of logical, but I was unaware that the Settings were context-dependent.

Just thought there were Global and World specific.

Anyway, this is great.  Thank you.

This wasn't today, but I'm still proud of this.

I launched a single stage craft to orbit and then landed at KSC ... eight times in a row.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/11189-the-k-prize-100-reusable-spaceplane-to-orbit-and-back/&do=findComment&comment=3956589

Edited by camacju

My manned program had it's first maintenance call today. Courage-3 rendezvoused with a defunct orbital laboratory which had suffered an engine failure several  months ago and wasn't able to de-orbit. The batteries were long dead, but Wilkin was able to retrieve the science payload from the return capsule and bring it home.

WJR04Ew.jpg

Going forward, new versions of the Courage spacecraft will feature a launch escape system, making it marginally less deadly!

R3jCt8k.jpg

The new version also sports a docking port. Jeb launched first on Courage-4, and Valentina in Courage-5 performed a rendezvous and the first orbital docking.

tvjVbLI.jpg

z4Evo9k.jpg

@BadOaks Docking is hard, even with "DockingCamKURS. Good job.

1 other thing. A lot of people rely on MechJeb for rendeverous but I find that if you do it yourself. Adjusting your orbit with RCS while keeping an eye on the closest approach figures. You can do a much better, more efficent intersect.

Made some changes to the tech tree I'm tinkering with, then tested a reusable launcher again, followed by launching an asteroid observer probe into kerbolar orbit and finally started building a general purpose probe for flights to the outer planets in JNSQ - the only change I might make is the antenna, which is only 200G.  The 400G relay antennas I have don't fit with the camera & RTG booms when folded, but I may switch to a folding 400G direct antenna to increase range.  A final option might be one of the JX2 antennas.  I ran out of time before finishing, but I sent the probe and fairing to the pad to make sure the fairing was hitting any of the probe parts during deployment

The 3.75m Granok-Resusable almost found an island to land on this time...

Sg7ppiOh.png

9fShLe4h.png

DSIRO-1 (Deep Space IR Observatory) jettisoning the non-reusable Granok booster.  That was actually overkill for dV (not something I've found myself saying in JNSQ before.....) and I switched to a 2.5m launcher for future versions

9xCKxDlh.png

Coasting to a Pe between Eve & Kerbin

d4RAODkh.png

Finally, my as-yet unnamed probe being tested on the pad - the fairing deployed without breaking either the camera or RTG, much to my surprise

qOOzfqch.png

Had a look at it earlier. Yes I hate having to go to the tracking station with a brush and dustpan to clean up hundreds of debris components from a crash. That is why I play sandbox :)

Edited by ColdJ