What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

As a child, I used to stuff the trash under the bed when I was told to clean my room. Now that I am a bit older, I am doing the same thing, but this time instead of my bedroom, it is KSP and instead of bed, I hide trash under payload fairing.

screenshot82

These are modules of a future interplanetary base. The module to the far side is a Laboratory module which has a Science lab, a LOT of batteries and solar panels. The module on the near side is a Habitat module with living space for 8 and an airlock which can house 2 more.  There are some issues which don't allow kerbals to disembark from the airlock once they enter it. I would be obliged if you guys could help me figure it out in the following gameplay support thread.

screenshot86

A possible extension of the base, a fuel tanker for ISRU purposes designed to dock with the surface base.

Today was a day of challenges.

I made an OPC (or 5) on @Pds314's Top speed on 1% power.

Spoiler

juRoR8c.png

I ran with scissors on @Brikoleur's Simple Plane Race.

Spoiler

0Z5Dbai.png

And I went through a long sepration for @Klapaucius' Sepratron Airplane Challenge.

Spoiler

pgNTWVy.png

I think I'll try something relaxing next. Like spark-proofing SRBs... :wacko:

Edited by swjr-swis

4 hours ago, Selective Genius said:

As a child, I used to stuff the trash under the bed when I was told to clean my room. Now that I am a bit older, I am doing the same thing, but this time instead of my bedroom, it is KSP and instead of bed, I hide trash under payload fairing.

screenshot82

These are modules of a future interplanetary base. The module to the far side is a Laboratory module which has a Science lab, a LOT of batteries and solar panels. The module on the near side is a Habitat module with living space for 8 and an airlock which can house 2 more.  There are some issues which don't allow kerbals to disembark from the airlock once they enter it. I would be obliged if you guys could help me figure it out in the following gameplay support thread.

screenshot86

A possible extension of the base, a fuel tanker for ISRU purposes designed to dock with the surface base.

22 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Those are some seriously funky craft.

The result of a few nights of insomnia.

Seems to always work that way for me.

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Ultralite Paraglider.

What parts did you use for the parasail?

18 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

The result of a few nights of insomnia.

Seems to always work that way for me.

What parts did you use for the parasail?

Though they claim to be C7 mk0b wings, they are in reality SXT. Thought I had gone in and updated all the manufacturer info in the SXT folder but I must have missed this 1.

You might like this too,

@Caerfinon You might like too.

Deorbited My Space Station:

P.S: all crew were either in the mk 2 command pod or the hitchhiker storage container. No kerbals were harmed during this mission (except during engine testing a long while ago)

P.P.S: I deorbited this because I wanted to focus on my larger better station.

Edited by Stormpilot

Making some progress on the tech tree, and getting some early game stuff put together

Here's some of what the fledgling space program will be able to use at the start.  Cutting my reaction wheel strength to 10% is making me appreciate just how much they do.  But the CFP-01 Hawk can be flown with trim and even landed using the trim command.   Instead of I-beam & stock wheel rovers being allowed to start, I am allowing myself basic Feline Utility Rover designs using the truck cab & "Paw" wheels.  I used a copy of the fuel cell that uses LF & intake air to provide power.  

ugKRYDph.png?1

Flight testing the Hawk.   It is recreated from previous designs I've used, but needed some tweaking to fly right with the 10% reaction wheels

c2BmBbZh.png?1

Then sent up a Jabbit 1 / Pioneer as an attempt at a low-tech comm relay & science probe.  In keeping with the early NASA theme, it uses a Flea SRB as the second stage instead of the "untested" idea of lighting a liquid fuel rocket in flight. 

8MI2Zmjh.png?1

PJhUUJoh.png?1

rxZWUdeh.png?1

The Flea was not enough though, so a redesign was in order, adding a fuel tank to the first stage and replacing the Flea with a Hammer

jZAk6gvh.png?1

The Pioneer also sports a 4kN monoprop engine which finished the job of reaching orbit, with a whole 50 m/s remaining up reaching an 87x134km orbit

aIEuDL8h.png?1

BUCXctxh.png?1

I think this is such a pretty scene.  I had just done a long x-country in my new Nimbus sailplane (rear) to a picturesque valley hidden in the mountains 35 deg North of KSC, when I came across Nimble in my hangar.

Ye4xlPU.png

So I flew it the 370 km out to where the sailplane had landed.  (Maybe it's going to give the Nimbus a tow back to altitude?)

My notes say that this trusty little (and aptly-named) biplane is a @Brikoleur special, the BAK Bug.  Dubiously, he notes, "it’s unlikely to go anywhere far as it’s extremely slow", but what a beautiful way to enjoy the countryside it is!  And this nimble little plane exudes personality!!

I found it liked to cruise at 12km and has a range exceeding 600km.  I didn't note the speed at that altitude but it was burning less than a kallon per minute, so it certainly won't hurt your hip pocket.

Thank you, Brikoleur.

[UPDATE: 215 m/s @ 12.8km drawing 0.01434 kal/s with an estimated range of 900+ km]

Edited by Hotel26