What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Step 1: Leave the plane. No really, open the door and hang on to the hatch at 2500 meters... then let go!

Without the letting go, that is how I collect Eva reports at different atmospheric levels.

@Caerfinon If you do this at very high speeds in a plane with the intakes behind the hatch, make sure to build a little cage backstop around the door to stop your Kerbal sliding off. A Kerbal being sucked in the intake and pureed by the engine, causes all sorts of problems, and if you manage to land then the green splattered all over the back of the plane will never fully clean off. :P

Landed on Vall, twice. There was nothing wrong with the first landing as such, but the game did that weird “can’t save can’t pause can’t type the flag message” thing and I had to reboot.

Despite landing and returning without the waiting orbital stage managing to complete half an orbit, 22% radiation exposure arriving at Vall, 30ish percent when I left- and 87% by the time I got out of Jool’s radiation belts, which then went up to 97% after a brief dip into the outer edge during the return trip to the mothership in Jool orbit. I had to burn onto an escape trajectory out of Jool then re-capture just to escape the Death ZoneTM quickly enough, but that’s all five moons of Jool landed on and a significant mass of stuff that I no longer need to lug around everywhere with me.

@SirBlob Those are very cool, thanks for sharing!

Only got off one launch today, a freshly unlocked Kerbin survey satellite.  Launched from Woomerang atop a 1.875m Dawngrazer launcher with a Schnauzer-powered upper stage:

fHAViZWh.png?1

Once clear of the atmosphere the solar panels, antennas & scanner deploy once the fairing is clear:

gfuj9U6h.png?1

Orbital insertion is finished with the satellite's monoprop engine while the spent upper stage is deorbited with sepratrons:

iCJgYczh.png?1

Of course the 2200 ec on board wasn't actually enough to complete a scan of Kerbin.  :sob:

7copIuvh.png?1

Guardians of the Galaxy intensified last night.

This little thing can VTOL and SSTO. But it only holds two and has a hard time with yaw and landing vertically. As you will see where I tried landing and got rekt on the comms mast at the Darude space center.

Album

4JVmydv.png

nfw68qH.png

Just now, Caerfinon said:

That tower needs some warning lights :o
Nice ship though.

Nah. The tower is fine. The ship's handling is horrible when trying to land precisely. If I tried landing horizontal, things would be better. I wanted to land on a helipad halfway across the base but I drifted over there against my will.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Guardians of the Galaxy intensified last night.

This little thing can VTOL and SSTO. But it only holds two and has a hard time with yaw and landing vertically. As you will see where I tried landing and got rekt on the comms mast at the Darude space center.

Album

4JVmydv.png

nfw68qH.png

What an awesome craft!

Maybe it could be more than "Guardians of the Troposphere" if some Impulse joined the Party...... :wink:

2 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

what mod contains the cool front landing gear?

its a mod im making for myself; front and back reaper wheels, so far ive got the steering fixed and the wheels to kinda spin, but there's no brakes and they keep sliding around as if its on ice and i think i'll need to ask around for help
https://imgur.com/a/5L0OyO2

1 minute ago, SparkyFox said:

its a mod im making for myself; front and back reaper wheels, so far ive got the steering fixed and the wheels to kinda spin, but there's no brakes and they keep sliding around as if its on ice and i think i'll need to ask around for help
https://imgur.com/a/5L0OyO2

I'm out of likes, I like this

4 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

what mod contains the cool front landing gear?

Could try Airplane Plus, KSI Wheels, Adjustable Landing Gear and maybe Kerbal Foundries?

11 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Could try Airplane Plus, KSI Wheels, Adjustable Landing Gear and maybe Kerbal Foundries?

I know those mods, I just asked for that specific one

still thanks though for your advice-oriented comment

Today:
... I'm near to finish my conversion of the "IXS Warpship" to Angel-125's "Blueshift" warping mod.

Thanks to Angel-125 himself that created a little add-on for his mod, I'm just in the phase of tweaking some FXs prior a public release:

L2Ojmd7.png

icB0shh.png

... but also, as the original NASA concept one was called "IXS Enterprise", I made my own:
ORIGINAL REFERENCE:
140611-ixs2_d7c4f0196d2d6b7159be68acf263

MINE:
ufoeK5M.png

Pretty similar, isn't it?????:joy:

Flying aircraft carrier that takes off from the runway, has it's own plane docked, cruises level at about 75m/s, Plane undocks and takes off like on a regular carrier. No problems as long as in KSP persistence range. fly around and land back on flying carrier deck no problems (though rather surreal) Carefully controlled sliding back along deck to re-dock with the carrier. Carrier will happily land in and take off from water.

https://kerbalx.com/ColdJ/The-Valkerie

3c4zYYK.pngSADaSWi.png5hODQ5C.png1bMGHxS.png8xJDnTk.png

EZEvOQB.png

Testing the limits of breaking ground and the building from the last update there seems to be some small bug when building the satellite with parts not alligning properly, but otherwise it seems to be working way better than I expected.