What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

not exactly today, but both in the last week:

first, during eva construction sometimes i still had the instinct to move the astronaut around with the jetpack. and instead of moving the astronaut, it would turn around the part i was about to place.

just a few days ago, i had an illumination, and i decided to check if it worked in the vab too. and hey, it did! I've been playing nothing else since one year ago, and i never learned of this trick. before, whenever i wanted to place, for example, a docking port or adapter in a different orientation, i would attach it in the default orientation, turn around, detach it and attach it again (so that it was attached on the right node). this discovery saved a lot of hassle

second, until today, i never knew you could time warp during burns. sure, there are mods for it. i had one such mod myself, it saved me from making a 6-days burn with ion engines once (i needed a 7000 m/s burn at eeloo on a solar powered craft). but then it caused malfunction, so i took it down.

and sometimes i saw people mention that you can time warp while burning, but i always assumed they were referring to mods. until, just a couple days ago, i read someone mentioning alt . to speed up to 4x. today i used it for the first time. as i like running big mothership, and those have necessarily low thrust, it's going to become a real time saver.

I've been playing over 2000 hours, and i never noticed those options until now!

Edited by king of nowhere

Sent my Jool fleet on its way finally.  My Laythe Explorer jet was the hardest, with 0.19g acceleration in the NERV transfer stage.  Ended up splitting into 3 burns just to keep from reentering the atmosphere.  Jooldiver required a 2-part burn for the same reason and the Jool Advanced Probe barely made it in a single burn without dipping into the atmosphere.   With multiple 9-10 minute burns, I ended up with no time for anything actually fun.  Next scheduled events are the Duna fleet beginning to arrive (60+ days out), so maybe the next day or two I'll have time to clean up a few spent stages out of orbit.  At this point, I've basically accomplished what I set out to do (test & adjust the tech tree more to my liking) so other than wanting to see how a few things play out, I'm almost ready to dump this science save and start a proper career.

Random departure images:

Jool Relay staging & lighting its NERV transfer stage

BRZgHdUh.png

Something else staging

OQcll8dh.png

Laythe Explorer during its first maneuver

mWPZOMnh.png

And during a later one

zwhzEzRh.png

Jooldiver heading to its second maneuver

DUDZ6bRh.png

Last to leave Kerbin was Jooldiver, with a parting image of home:

nxcUDr6h.png

Edited by Cavscout74

Sent some kerbels to the Mun's north pole.

Klz237D.png

We are at 10 meters AGL

8s7Reb2.png

There are some great views up here

wO7wj6Z.png

"Hey look at our shadow on the side of that cliff"

cJISEQm.png

And we have successfully completed the mission.

sHx03kj.png

And we sent an impactor to get the science from a deployed seismometer to complete a contract.

hksD3Eo.png

On 6/17/2021 at 11:00 PM, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Continued working on my shuttle landing program.  I've made significant progress, the script now actually tracks the heading alignment circles instead of doing the big weird curve thing, and butters the bread on landing.  It even lands right in the touchdown zone.  Rollout could still use some work though.  The drag chute isn't deploying, and the brakes could be a bit more aggressive.   Also it would be nice (but not critical) to stay on centerline.

Edit:  The landing speed looks a bit faster than it really is, because I sped up the video to get real-time at the beginning, not realizing the lag decreased a bit as time went on.

Awesome! I can fly everything manually pretty well but making KOS do it for me is my next goal.

Skipped ahead two months and my first two Duna craft arrived - first a fuel tanker that flew past Duna and entered Ike orbit, then the core of the Duna station arrived and sent back the first data from Duna orbit.  These are my first-ever craft to reach Duna/Ike in JNSQ.  These were followed by a pair of course corrections on probes going to Hamek & Eve.  Tomorrow should see the next round of Duna arrivals trickling into orbit.

Fuel Tanker "C" approaching Duna

0AWsqD3h.png

And approaching Ike orbit

3vxIBIlh.png

Duna crew station entering orbit

uNRn0kSh.png

L5Y1L58h.png

Next up were a pair of course correction for my Hamek probe and Evera-1

cpW9u4Ch.png

mVtEDQLh.png

Edited by Cavscout74

Questioned attempting to be hired as a QA tester. 

The kraken doesn't just wobble my crafts apart, actually, they never wobble apart my crafts.
They attack me psychologically, giving me hundreds of bugs I fail to reproduce when I try to. I severely want to bash my head into a wall when I make a cool craft and the game just NOPE!'s out on me

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

3 hours ago, Wizard Kerbal said:

Questioned attempting to be hired as a QA tester. 

The kraken doesn't just wobble my crafts apart, actually, they never wobble apart my crafts.
They attack me psychologically, giving me hundreds of bugs I fail to reproduce when I try to. I severely want to bash my head into a wall when I make a cool craft and the game just NOPE!'s out on me

Example of a nope please. Might be able to find someone who has had something similar before and had it sorted.

JTNZdmt.png
Rear wheels spontaneously exploded? No spares? For some reason have a spare sounding rocket at hand?

4QfGYxa.png
No problem! Just weld the rocket on top and fire it up!

3xRomZW.png
(Should be enough fuel to get to somewhere in the R&D complex)

Mods shown: KSC++ (the road), KSC Extended (those extra VABs in the background), CNAR (the WAC Corporal stage), Cold War Aerospace (the SUV, likely supposed to be the military-spec M1009 Chevrolet Blazer. I used smaller wheels from Grounded for a less 'military' look)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

5 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

No problem! Just weld the rocket on top and fire it up!

I love that, fire what looks like a laser at a highly combustable vessel. What could possibly go wrong. :P

Into the Abyss

Jeb descends in the new diving bell to survey the crash site

x2sY6sx.png

A little EVA in the briny deep.

PynJKnF.png

Yep, we are definitely going to need "a bigger boat" to get this thing top side [and more lights. It's pretty dark down here].

bDDqJfH.png

Scuba Gear courtesy of "SunkWorks Maritime Technologies" purveyors of fine diving equipment.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

I worked on a Space shuttle inspired design. Pictures will come later when I am finished

Here is my Shuttle. It worked very well.

Kerbal_Space_Program_6_21_2021_10_04_08_

Kerbal_Space_Program_6_21_2021_10_04_20_

Thankfully, no one was hurt.

Also tested my 4 Kerbal Command pod.

It worked flawlessly.

Mk-1 and Mk 1-3 pods stacked

Kerbal_Space_Program_6_23_2021_7_42_15_A

I have been listening to the Spiderman Rap by JT Music and decided I wanted a Kerbal version so 1 rap song.

I'm Amazing, fire blazing, when I'm strapped to a rocket I'm lazing,
Through the atmo, through the strato, even though I'm just riding a JATO.
In to orbit, I am crawling, cause you know that the planets be calling,
Better stable, periapsis, before my eliptic collapses.
Jet pilot, rocket jockey, but I never have time to be cocky,
Always testing, all the latest, It's you who think I'm the greatest.

I know what comes from all this power.
I may be short but watch me TWR.
Why would you ever let me fall when my chute can catch me.
When used to do my best there's very few who match me.
You challenge me, I never cower.

Another day, with no pay, you're sending me aloft.
I get more action, way more traction now, than Lara Croft.
I'm flung out, really strung out, as I'm headed for the Mun.
It's a short trip, now and end flip, I'm sure I'll be landing soon.
And by the way, I know it's all grey, nothing much here to see.
But that's ok, cause back on Kerbin, I'll be on TV.

You challenge me, I never cower.

Hey I'm no fool, wer'e headed for Jool, I can see what you did.
Oh a grand tour, how long is it for, cause you know I am no kid.
A decade in space, goodbye Kerbin race, it seems that I'm taking the long way.
For you it's all fun, it's just a milk run, but for me I get no say.
Forever in light, it never is night, guess I'll be getting a tan.
Man this is boring, guess I'll be snoring, weren't you my number 1 fan?

And now I am just floating out here for ages.
It seems life can take you through so many stages.
I really think I need a shower.........

Edited by ColdJ