What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

12 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

Today in Kerbal Space Program I appear to have angered the gods

unknown.png

To explain, those are all I-class comets on a trajectory that intersects the surface of Kerbin. There appears to be a new one every time I open the tracking center.

Oooooh. Armagedon Easter Eggs.

5 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

To explain, those are all I-class comets on a trajectory that intersects the surface of Kerbin. There appears to be a new one every time I open the tracking center

Did you not sacrifice enough kerbonauts to the kraken or something so he has to extract the sacrifices from Kerbin directly?  :D

Edited by Cavscout74

On 6/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, Caerfinon said:

Bill completing the scuba dive portion of the KUMA Dive Certification test...  (The flag was Bill's idea. He's such a kidder).

TEegOCS.png

I'm definitely enjoying seeing your accomplishments. :) They're one of the motivations for me to keep making the SunkWorks boat parts (and submarine parts in the future).

34 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

They're one of the motivations for me to keep making the SunkWorks boat parts (and submarine parts in the future).

Well I'd best keep it up then! ;p I'm very much looking forward to your mod's release!

Finalised my newest probe design- three kilo tons of rocket to send just three quarter-tons of probe to Pluto, very very quickly- potentially within 5 years instead of the 50+ years of the “proper” Hohmann transfer trajectory.

I’m thinking my next design needs to be a resupply mission for my Moon base, which has about 2 months’ supplies at best with its current crew of four. I reckon a rover design will be best, with the mini-klaw to grab the base and magically transfer resources to it; I’ll just pretend that the crew are unloading boxes and containers, it’s about as good as it gets in KSP.

I quickly reclassified Gilian 1 as an impactor probe instead of a lander after I realized that it did not have any stabilization devices. The Ant engine doesn't gimbal and the Qube probe core doesn't have reaction wheels. The mission was a complete success!

Today in KSP I finally was able to unlock enough tech in my early career to design a stable launch vehicle for probes so I could begin building a coms network.

I launched my first relay Satellite (PR-2(Rly)), got her into orbit, and began slowly burning (at 1%) to get my orbit nice. As I waited for my orbit to bring me back round to AP, and with a clear com line, my probe died! I frantically looked around, only to realize that during my burns, I was pointing away from the Sun, and no charge had been made for my journey behind Kerbin.

I quickly made some small changes to the design and launched PR-2A(Rly) and got her into a successful orbit. Over the course of many orbits, I finally got it looking professional!

Dropped back into Tracking Station, went to check PR-2(Rly) and she had just a small charge! I quickly turned her towards the Sun and let her sleep a bit.

And that is how I put my first two Relays into orbit.&)

Great!

I think I finally have a realistic functioning telescopic crane. I found a way to use an actual luffing cylinder to raise and lower the boom and not just a hinge. That should (haven't tested it with a load yet) increase the lifting capacity substantially.

I tested lifting 3 tons, it fell over, but that's a good sign. It didn't collapse, but only fell over. That means I need more counterweight, and not more structural enhancements. (Well, actually that would be a good idea too)

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

Today, I completed the opening stages of my career save's The Martian-inspired Ares Program by finishing the construction of Tycho Station (yes, that's a The Expanse reference, for those who have read/watched it). The station will use its robotic arm and deployable RCS packages to help Kerbal engineers construct the much larger Hermes vessel which will transport Kerbals to Duna orbit.

hIgflaN.jpg

In addition to finishing Tycho Station, I sent the first crew, consisting of Virlas, Raysel, and Glener, to Ceres Base on the Mun.

uBJoCCt.jpg

* Bottom left: scout rover which determined the site for the base.

* Bottom right: construction rover which attached the modules to the base once they were delivered

* Center: Ceres base itself

* Back: The Grey Dragon ship which brought the Kerbals to the Mun and will take them home.

Got out of work a tad early today, so i made some updates to a few fighters to take advantage of the fireworks...

EAjKjbG.png

Prolly the biggest change, my TIE went from bleh, to almost perfect (its not a 100% replica, but its pretty close for only 48 parts)...

3pMORBl.png

die rebel meatbag scum (which happened to be in the old TIE :)...

Edited by panzer1b

I may have established a record for the mildest intercept speed, ever!

This is the planned mun intercept, coming back from minmus

vnoRuBe.png

it makes almost a full orbit of mun before escaping. And this is the planned injection burn

6Jtktla.png

0.06 m/s! When 60 m/s is a small injection burn, 6 m/s is almost unheard of, and this is 100 times less than that.

no, as far as actually improving the mission, it's meaningless. one or two m/s don't make any difference. but it's nice nonetheless

EDIT:

sBRIgJb.png

SMHvsnz.png

I actually improved it to 0.004 m/s

The actual intercept speed was not the intended target; i merely wanted to raise periapsis as much as possible. coming in to circularize around Mun on a high orbit will help getting a cheaper rendez-vous with my target. first, because i have a plane change, and second, because rendez-vous on elliptic orbits are cheaper at apoapsis

further improving on the lowest speed injection burn was just a bonus

Edited by king of nowhere

A standard Kerbal day in the SPH.

Tell the guys to build this:

PDZKqYg.png     d9NAP3e.png

which was shaping up very nicely...  particularly the VERT-LAND feature.

And come back next morning to see this:

ehBX75P.png

Guys.  What's your problem!??"  "Hatch obstructed, boss".  Sheesh.

It's called Bee.

I liked my first Nissen Break-Apart plane so much (for depositing a Mk-3 cabin at remote sites) that I had to do a sequel: Nissen XL.

It transports an Mk-3 cabin, with storage for 5,000 kals of fuel, plus full communications with a relay antenna to operate a Probe Control Point.

Oh, yeah.  And a run-about for the base.

Not a bad Kerbal day, anyway.

Edited by Hotel26