What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Flew to the North Pole, crash landed, planted a flag.

Sent a rescue mission in the form of a base and crashed that too.

Oh well, at least I got the Cupola the right way up, now to scavenge the parts to keep warm, it's cold up there...

2013-05-29_00036.jpg

2013-05-29_00037.jpg

2013-05-29_00039.jpg

Killed some kerbals developing new series of unflippable rovers with the new wheels. The new 4.8 ton nuclear powered armored monster it so stable that it can drive on two wheels even on Kerbin, intentionally tumble at top speed, and flip itself back w/o any damage.

Sent Malsey II and Shepdan to Dres as the first Kerbals to ever set foot upon it. Despite their ship being woefully underfuelled, thanks to their brilliant piloting skills they successfully managed to crash into land on the Dresian surface. With 30% of the lander missing by the time it stopped rolling down the hillside, it was hardly a textbook landing, but by god it was a landing. Considering the lander had to perform most of the capture manoeuvre and attempt the landing with barely any fuel remaining, I'd say they did rather well.

School, Solved 225 Rubiks cubes (fingers hurt like crazy right now), came home and launched Bill to the Mun with a rover. Sadly, Bill has been a notoriously bad driver, and the mission was lost after he drove into the command pod at high speeds...

Today - or well, it was last night, but past midnight, so that qualifies :D - I finally managed to build a vessel to rescue Jeb from his stand-by orbit and bring him down back to Kerbin safely. It took me a few iterations, until i had a nice, compact lifter with a small orbital stage that could rendezvous with Jeb's Munar lander.

The lander had worked like a charm, though sadly it had a small design flaw, namely I forgot parachutes. I was surprised it had enough fuel for a trip there and back though, but in the end, I'm happy to have managed to pick him up and return him to safety rather than just abusing end flight. I did do so for the empty lander though, since for lack of probe core, I couldn't properly de-orbit it.