What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Landed a series of small rovers in 4 separate locations on Duna in preparation for upcoming krewed landings:

Uq6Q5A2.png

iGm0sGB.png

Turns out that the combination of drogue chutes and retro rockets were enough for safe landings without even needing the main chute:

FXSVD8q.png

dJb5iMr.png

Each rover has a basic science package and low grade automation, allowing it to scout out a good landing spot, act as a homing beacon, and then provide local transportation when the Kerbals get there.

Also landed an automated miner on Ike as part of an experimental ISRU setup to fuel the mothership (The dunce cap on top is a ferry tank for the transfer and insertion burns. ) :

zdAF3v7.png

Making the landing burn with a team of Terriers:

cFVegrk.png

Set up and filling the tanks with 15000 units of ore:

Cj60Xb9.png

KoS

1 minute ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

It's also an itty-bitty probe for scale :cool:. I love that Squiggsy mod!

I'm a bit of a sucker for tiny probes too, there's just so much you can do with a lightweight little probe with that much delta-V, plus they're really cheap and can be launched in clusters very easily. And they're really early in the tech tree too so I can actually use them without the really expensive R&D upgrades that most probe cores need.

On 8/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

What should i name the 4th (and final) planet of the Estrela Dobre system?
It will be a super kerbin between the sizes of Petrichor and Hados, probably at 800km radius, will be a cold ice world far from the suns, and will have cracks in its surface.
It will have two moons, one of which will have liquid on its surface, and it will be about 300km in radius. the other moon will be quite similar to Minmus, some craters, but also flat plains, no atmo, and about 120km in size

some suggestions for its names? hmm.. im not really that great at coming up with planet names lol...

Perlin?  I was reading docs for the Waterfall mod and came across a type of noise generator called Perlin.  It could be the planet where the Kraken evolved

On 7/31/2021 at 10:57 PM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

What should i name the 4th (and final) planet of the Estrela Dobre system?
It will be a super kerbin between the sizes of Petrichor and Hados, probably at 800km radius, will be a cold ice world far from the suns, and will have cracks in its surface.
It will have two moons, one of which will have liquid on its surface, and it will be about 300km in radius. the other moon will be quite similar to Minmus, some craters, but also flat plains, no atmo, and about 120km in size

some suggestions for its names? hmm.. im not really that great at coming up with planet names lol...

Lark.

iATCJyW.png

Updated my Javelin class frigate, a ship i particularly like asthetically (if it wasnt obvious, its vaguely based on the Sulaco in overall layout/looks).

g0Q52Ii.png

mmBibzq.png

Fully decked out interior, even though survivability is rather terrible (the hull is solid, but everything and i mean everything inside it will get shredded, no bulkheads or multilayer armor plate).

X8lbxMp.png

hd2OSCO.png

I noticed the new patch gave fireworks some spread, which makes it much harder to kill stuff outside of point blank range, but hey, ammo capacity on these is so insane i really dont mind wasting even half the shots.

SXzcPbT.png

Sadly, the patch ruined particle beam weapons entirely, the spread combined with the shortened trails just ruins the looks, but its a minor price to pay, ill just redesign the AKS warships with heavy pulse cannons on the nose instead of beam weapons.

nwojpTi.png

Yeah, that happens when BCorp is stupid enough to engage a Nebula headon (you can actually get both ships to fire at each other when using the autoaim at target, then switch to other ship).

Lfs6VdW.png

Now that looks amazing, i gave the medium pulse turrets some more varied FX to make them actually feel like flak which they are supposed to be in universe.  Explosions sadly do not do any damage, but hey, it looks super cinematic at least...

uliViOw.png

Retaliating with the last leftover weapon (the controller was shot off so it wont autofire, but i just rebound the thing to action groups.

kIJh5wJ.png

Javelin is kaput....

Can we get this (LImpet):                                                                                                                                                                                                     into this (Victor IV) with a double-length Mk2 cargo bay?:

hlBT4Sf.png    dWDbqX0.png

Yes, we can!!:

MvuYlJJ.png

I was given some IRL aviation corrections for a test airplane I made (specifically, how to handle canards). As it turns out, the design which already smelled like Ace Combat...decided to go up a level and so a Morgan happened. :)

j6v53dC.pngQzhHaIL.png

A little infrastructure project...

The ComNet Probe carries three relays for a little constellation party

QwvVWk2.png

Each relay released at the right place and time

JA8F6SU.png

Until synchronicity is achieved

B1gz9Fr.png

What was the name of that company that wanted this done? Oh ya here it is... "The Illuminati".  Odd name that.

Precision orbits provided courtesy of Station Keeping Restationed

On 8/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, king of nowhere said:

My OPM grand tour has reached Neidon. Some spectacular views. My congratulations to whoever designed that planet.

e4BUVeL.png

eDIljsx.png

zT2SWHD.png

yDVwpyQ.png

hnoeo9e.png

first part, the injection burn of my mothership A'Tuin. It then went to Nissee to collect new fuel, and all the stuff needed to keep the greenhouses working

oOrniqr.png

A random pic taken from Thatmo landing, but Neidon is always protagonist

Second part, sending the spaceplane Arrowhead inside the atmosphere.

owgnDxI.png

qk0eX6V.png

JVqP6Bx.png

ZKx9lB2.png

7IhgZXp.png

bDWeUxN.png

BjUOkdU.png

6 darts are way overkill for a 50 ton plane, but with kerbalism there are malfunctions. 4 engines are needed, the other two are backup.

tfp6RvV.png

npoAbut.png

year 64

b09Yj74.png

Was a bit annoyed with the lagfesty cruisers today, so i spent some time working on smaller lighter and much more compact ships. 

mo7Pb9d.png

My newly revamped AKS NG-III Nova-II.  Its a much simpler ship to the usual stuff i work with, and 0 lag when flying it anywhere, including teh ascent with the reentry fx.  Armor is meh, easily obliterated with a solid hit from a heavy torp, but it can at least take glancing blows and it is suprisingly good against fireworks based weaponry.  Not immune, bbut it will take easily 20 salvos from a quad turret and still retain at least fuel/engines, weapons tend to go 1st on this design as its impossible to armor them up properly with such a small ship (and its even comparable offensively to the BC Broadsword, a ship 4 times the parts and 5 times the weight).

EdMYFc5.png

Had some issues with the rocket launcher, but eventually i fixed it so it stopped overheating the 2nd round and exploding it...

VCV97YE.png

And the real reason i like these things, you can actually bring a NG-IV Nebula-V, a LG-II TriFighter-III, and 2 of the Novas into load range right atop each other and the lag is still not really noticeable (slight slowdown to time but nothing like the 600+ part cruisers would be).

5HSYNYA.png

And the new engine glows, my absolutely favorite part of the newly redesigned ship i made.  Those strip lights are so good looking not to mention very low lag (you only need to enable light emmision on 1 strip per engine cluster and it gets the job done).

I made a system map for the Estrela Dobre system
GPEPtfe.png
the planets are in a row, with their moons below
Collait and Culair orbit each other
Basa and Altic are barely visible, they are TINY..
Oyst is not in the habitable zone, it is slightly too close, Collait-Culair are barely warm enough for liquid water on its moons. Hados, despite being well outside the habitable zone, has lava craters from recent heavy impacts, that also slightly affected its moon, Ieros.
the furthest ice world is now named Ichor, however, I need ideas for its two moons
Ichor's large, close moon will have a methane atmosphere. This moon is a cold desert with some lakes of liquid Ethane (just cool enough for Ethane, tho not sure if i want lakes due to the sheer glitchiness of oceans in this pack lol)
Ichor's other moon will be smaller, no atmosphere, with some ice flats.

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

Due to a docking port crossfeed mishap, Jeb and engineer Sanlan are in a bit of a pickle around Dres- they have enough fuel to do the landings on Dres and Minmus or to come back to Kerbin, but not both; fortunately they have loads of life support supplies and this is the Snarkiverse, where Dres has Minmus as a moon and orbits Kerbol in a nearly identical orbit to Kerbin so is easily reachable in 10-20 days.

This might be an excuse to build a space station with some big fuel tanks on it and send that to Dres…

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

High Arctic Science

Bill travels to the High Arctic to gather some rare scientific data... wait a minute! You're and engineer! A mix up in the SPH and you were thinking of a career change anyway?

WlrOjLB.png

Was he airlifted and Bob just stayed on the lift? :grin: