What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Not much KSPing for me today- first the game wouldn't load, then a fresh reinstall of the mods in a new copy of 1.12.1 fixed that but some mods seemed to be missing/not working, then I tried to upgrade it to 1.12.2 but Kerbalism threw a metric ton of exceptions as soon as I tried to load my save so I gave up on that. I'll try again tomorrow, but this might bring a rather premature end to my current career game...

8 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

What should the names of the two moons that orbit Ichor be?

Dwight and Jim lol

The Office': Dwight Was the Real Hero and Jim Was the Villain

If you want a more serious name go for Caelum and Vigil

Edited by BuranAce

Not much playing going on, but been cutting out a bunch of redundant or unused mod parts and building some CFGs to make other tanks compatible with fuel switching. Next up is a balance pass to tweak some engines and such that are super neat but also stupidly overpowered. Eventually I will have everything set up for a good long term career replay.

KoS

On 8/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Not much KSPing for me today- first the game wouldn't load, then a fresh reinstall of the mods in a new copy of 1.12.1 fixed that but some mods seemed to be missing/not working, then I tried to upgrade it to 1.12.2 but Kerbalism threw a metric ton of exceptions as soon as I tried to load my save so I gave up on that. I'll try again tomorrow, but this might bring a rather premature end to my current career game...

Nooo! Not the snarkiverse mission thread!:sob:

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Nooo! Not the snarkiverse mission thread!:sob:

Don’ worry, I fixed it :D 

Today I made a space station, docked a contract “space station” to it then undocked it again to shoehorn a power module between the two because my shiny new space station kept running out of power whenever it got dark as the solar panels couldn’t power everything and recharge the batteries fully before going into Kerbin’s shadow. The station now has more solar panels, backup fuel cells and a crew of four doing Space ScienceTM

And unrelated, I crashed a rover into a really big tree that was literally the only thing for miles in any direction. And then fired a laser at it because somehow that’s ScienceTM too…

Starting a Jool 5.6 which is just a Jool 5 plus 6 survey scans (including Jool).

I'm using an SSTO rocket-lander Citadel 3 with crew of 11. I'll use this single vehicle throughout - no docking/ undocking, but certainly needs ISRU.  I'm about to do the Kerbin outbound burn after Minmus refueling and Kerbin slingshot. I started an album

lPyEzKx.png

6 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Today we did a spot of rovering.  ;)

Are those mod wheels or you built them up?

Strictly speaking this was done two weeks ago, when I updated the Praying Mantis... but I forgot I had done some recording that still needed editing and publishing.

Nothing spectacular. Just one full size aircraft carrier, launching from the KSC runway... and returning to it.

Edited by swjr-swis
Link wasn't embedding... ??

I created the outermost planet of the Estrela Dobre system, Ichor.
Ichor is a frozen super-kerbin at 780km in radius. Its high elevation colors are very similar to Ieros, as in, the peaks and nearby are pretty much completely white, but the distance from the stars make this a very cold world.
It is too warm for methane, but barely cold enough for Ethane, however, there is no liquid on its surface. This planet has 1.87g gravity, and orbits in a noticably elliptical orbit.
This planet will have two moons, one of which is big enough for the planet to be tidally locked to it. there is only one large impact crater, but it has many canyons all over.
its longest canyon stretches nearly halfway around the planet.
Pic of Ichor
Q49DxL7.png

Today began what will hopefully be a not too lengthy (I'm looking at you Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation) endeavour in which Jeb, Val and Bob will fly anticlockwise (looking along some axis or other) around the coastline of the Kerbin mainland.

What's that you say... sounds like something I've done before you say. Weeell,maybe.

Hopefully it won't take about 3 months to complete this time though.

So what is this endeavour named. Why it's the Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation - Rewind

I'll let Jeb explain.

So Jeb, it's a rewind, is that like rerun?

"No, it's a rewind."

A sequel then.

"No, no, rewind, because it's going backwards"

A prequel?

"No stupid... it's a rewind, REWIND."

Still not getting this Jeb, you know, the core concept.

"Uhhg...I give up."

So, that little message of explanation out of the way, here's some pics.

GVW9WUp.png

Rcw7Tz1.png

T8VTgWj.png

Edited by purpleivan

VTOL Test Flight

Trying out @Hotel26's new Stinger craft from KerbalX But because I like to tinker, I made it work with Throttle Controlled Avionics...

Coming in for landing at Cape Kerman after following the flight path to the Waypoint

Ytyh4Fj.png

Landing on target

O3HCoqF.png

The vertical engines are Group 1 the horizontal engines are Group 2.

OWwW1bq.png

Such a fun ship to fly!

4 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Trying out @Hotel26's new Stinger craft

Stinger was a joint collaboration between swjr-swis and myself that began with my Hornet.  As usual, swjr-swis executed the final instalment and the Stinger you're flying is completely his hand-writing.

I'm really glad you like it.  It is a real handful to fly!

Edited by Hotel26

Today I updated my H.A.D.D mod to 1.1.0 and flew a rocket with a space station that has my new docking sleeve as it's core up into orbit to test the collar and sleeve system all worked fine. Only slight unplanned disassembly on landing. Probably should have added parachutes.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2821/H.A.D.D?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

Spoiler

22J4maq.pnggXijIyW.pngJMGzoYb.pngRX6FFjj.pngDYLy9DW.png

Just did my first ever orbital rendezvous with Principia.

rapLJ2S.png

aBvJlmq.png

It took me a few minutes to familiarize myself with the added complexities of Principia's target spacecraft reference frame, but I honestly think it's a lot easier to understand this way than rendezvous with the stock patched conics. Having the target fixed in your reference frame rather than worrying about both you and the target moving around the planet is a pretty good method; you can entirely ignore whatever you're orbiting around.

Once more, Valentina ignored her ToDo list, after spotting an interesting aircraft (@HyperDraco's Draconic Sea-Fox F).

She asked the team in the lab if they could make some modifications, and they delivered the DSF R4, a SWiS reinterpretation of the concept. They did try to warn her that it wasn't tuned and ready yet, but off she went to do a River Run...

She'll have plenty of time to evaluate the performance before she tries again.

In the days since the first SSTMin launch I established a small space station in high Minmus orbit, with the unimaginative name of "Service Station 1." The crew onboard was getting a bit anxious to return home soon, and my crew rotation mission was delayed due to a second Monolith being discovered on Minmus, warranting another mission immediately. Fortunately, the new and improved SSTMin was approaching completion (and by new and improved I mean with one more supply pod and some more autostrut) and was ready to do a new mission. The truth is I was itching for another use of this vessel, as the next vessel I develop would make it obsolete, and I wanted to use it at least once, since the first mission was effectively a shakedown cruise.

Wyw7JGd.png

EemQWyi.png

Lw6Mip1.png

DPPkzII.png

After a two week journey, the SSTMin arrived at Service Station 1. I was anxious to see whether the docking port would be able to dock to the spare port on the station. The planned crew rotation was bringing along a new node to fix that, but it was important.

xU2s3iL.png

nd6O2PQ.png

Luckily I didn't need to attempt any shenanigans, as the spaceplane docked successfully.

qR5VBof.png

I brought aboard the stored experiments onboard the spaceplane to transfer to the Service lander, to plant them at the second known structure on Minmus, designated as Site Zero.

TjP6apc.png

Yn13bIG.png

I landed both at the site, for a total of a 4-kerbal investigation of Site Zero. Unfortunately a full investigation would have to wait another month before the Manned Investigation Unit 3 could land at the site. Previously an unmanned lander also approached the site to determine the safety of the structure.

CIZ8MZT.png

The four members of the expedition, Fromund, Luwise, Neller, and Harzer Kerman.

w0rCaDY.png

After the Service lander left, SSTMin left Site Zero and rendezvoused back with Service Station 1.

cx7Oevp.png

About a day later the Service Lander redocked at Service Station 1, but soon later undocked because I had to take care of some [REDACTED] at a [REDACTED] site so that [REDACTED] could be [REDACTED].

IgyvyUd.png

SSTMin, with the [REDACTED] came back to Kerbin, landing successfully.

aei0tjk.png

On 8/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, Cupcake... said:

Today we did a spot of rovering.  ;)

Cupcake...

very impressive. But what's the power source on that thing? I can't see any solar panel or rtg or anything. also, what are those wheels? I don't recognize them from stock

On 8/15/2021 at 6:11 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

I created the outermost planet of the Estrela Dobre system, Ichor.
Ichor is a frozen super-kerbin at 780km in radius. Its high elevation colors are very similar to Ieros, as in, the peaks and nearby are pretty much completely white, but the distance from the stars make this a very cold world.
It is too warm for methane, but barely cold enough for Ethane, however, there is no liquid on its surface. This planet has 1.87g gravity, and orbits in a noticably elliptical orbit.
This planet will have two moons, one of which is big enough for the planet to be tidally locked to it. there is only one large impact crater, but it has many canyons all over.
its longest canyon stretches nearly halfway around the planet.
Pic of Ichor
Q49DxL7.png

atmosphere?