What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I sent a Tanker to my Duna station to place assets for the upcoming expedition. 

XhwKwEK.png

Arrival at Duna.

4gUZCjA.png

Docking approach. 

AdklbMw.png

And now to wait for the next piece to launch.

DBaFqy4.png

Which is the Duna expedition lander.

s1GR91U.png

Arrival.

t2dm9Tj.png

Approach,

nzTlhoK.png

And after re-fueling the lander and putting the excess fuel left in the station's tanks. The Tanker un-docks and moves to a holding orbit. We will conduct seismology experiments by de-orbiting the spacecraft later on.

dNkbvXg.png

Val, Bildock, and Kathcas made the trip down to the surface to begin a 60 day trial run of the Duna colony before Tagaloa has to depart back to Kerbin:

1lkV6gy.png

ve3GAII.png

Even flying blind, Val nailed the landing, putting the Meli within a hundred meters of the intended target (just outside of physics range to make things easier on my computer...)

A Kraken attack meant that the rover originally intended to ferry the crew around was jammed up in the garage, so Kathcas emptied her pockets of everything she could spare and was able to jetpack over to the colony and free the rover:

epw5L42.png

4Ul0eXs.png

Once the rover was free, Val was able to remote control it back to the lander while Kathcas finished kitting out the inflatable portions of the colony. Bildock seemed less than impressed with the seating arrangments, but he didn't feel like walking, either:

DD81oNb.png

Arriving to find Kathcas has already started up the greenhouse and deployed the drill for fertilizer production. The colony is designed to support a crew of 3 for over 2 years without resupply, enough to last between Kerbin-Duna transfer windows:

tOH25ak.png

Kathcas ran back to the lander and grabbed one of the supply bags to jumpstart the greenhouse production, and stopped off to check out a neat looking rock she found on the way:

ehMo9b8.png

U55HZQt.png

Bildock had mess duty the first night, so Val and Kathcas are eagerly anticipating their first real meal on Duna:

bm7wmJ1.png

Next up is some serious science, starting up the fertilizer plant, and some extended rover trips to other biomes.

10 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Val, Bildock, and Kathcas made the trip down to the surface to begin a 60 day trial run of the Duna colony before Tagaloa has to depart back to Kerbin:

1lkV6gy.png

ve3GAII.png

Even flying blind, Val nailed the landing, putting the Meli within a hundred meters of the intended target (just outside of physics range to make things easier on my computer...)

A Kraken attack meant that the rover originally intended to ferry the crew around was jammed up in the garage, so Kathcas emptied her pockets of everything she could spare and was able to jetpack over to the colony and free the rover:

epw5L42.png

4Ul0eXs.png

Once the rover was free, Val was able to remote control it back to the lander while Kathcas finished kitting out the inflatable portions of the colony. Bildock seemed less than impressed with the seating arrangments, but he didn't feel like walking, either:

DD81oNb.png

Arriving to find Kathcas has already started up the greenhouse and deployed the drill for fertilizer production. The colony is designed to support a crew of 3 for over 2 years without resupply, enough to last between Kerbin-Duna transfer windows:

tOH25ak.png

Kathcas ran back to the lander and grabbed one of the supply bags to jumpstart the greenhouse production, and stopped off to check out a neat looking rock she found on the way:

ehMo9b8.png

U55HZQt.png

Bildock had mess duty the first night, so Val and Kathcas are eagerly anticipating their first real meal on Duna:

bm7wmJ1.png

Next up is some serious science, starting up the fertilizer plant, and some extended rover trips to other biomes.

what mods are u using for the base parts?

Having fun with photoshop and the new Apollo models in development for the upcoming new BdB release, I'm in the process to make some extra paints to complement the already official variations (mine will be release indipendently, as add-on):
for now I have "Boilerplate 1101A" and "Boilerplate 1102A" (and in the process to make "Boilerplate 23A").

screenshot35.png

screenshot36.png

Comparison with the real life counterparts:
BP 1102A:
dsc30833.jpg
BP 1101A:
IMG_5179-resized-1170x630.jpg
Fun fact:
... in "The Dev Hole", BP 1101A has already gained the nickname "the LOL capsule" :joy:

Edited by Araym

One crew landed on Ike- twice! First landing went fine but somebody forgot the deployed science stuff, necessitating a second landing. That ship is now parked in a high Eve orbit waiting to head home in about a year.

Meanwhile another crew returned from Duna and its moons, parked their ship in low Kerbin orbit and flew down to the surface with those precious samples.

I also did a bit of housekeeping, clearing out a load of old crafts that were no longer needed or which had had terminal failures- several had lost all their solar panels and/or antennae, for example, and everything on or around Vall and Laythe was totally fried by Jool’s radiation belts. Hopefully deleting those will improve the game’s performance and/or load times a little bit.

7 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

what mods are u using for the base parts?

Oh man, all of them??? :confused:

From the top:

The lander is mostly Universal Storage 2, with legs from Umbra Space Industries MKS mod.

The rover is mostly USI Exploration Pack stuff.

On the base itself:

gmErBmc.png

The inflatable greenhouse and the space igloo on the other side are from USI MKS.

The white center section and the grey equipment bays below it are from Suicidal Insanities'  "Stockish Project Orion" mod, with some custom MM patches to make them compatible with the USI life support I use.  That is also the source of that gorgeous IVA shot, it's my single most favorite IVA I've seen. 

Science and detailing bits and bobs come from MKS, Universal Storage, DMagic's Orbital Science, Squiggsy Space Research and KIS/KAS. Even with the new stock inventory system, I find KIS to be an indispensable addition to how the stock game handles things.

KoS

10 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Oh man, all of them??? :confused:

From the top:

The lander is mostly Universal Storage 2, with legs from Umbra Space Industries MKS mod.

The rover is mostly USI Exploration Pack stuff.

On the base itself:

gmErBmc.png

The inflatable greenhouse and the space igloo on the other side are from USI MKS.

The white center section and the grey equipment bays below it are from Suicidal Insanities'  "Stockish Project Orion" mod, with some custom MM patches to make them compatible with the USI life support I use.  That is also the source of that gorgeous IVA shot, it's my single most favorite IVA I've seen. 

Science and detailing bits and bobs come from MKS, Universal Storage, DMagic's Orbital Science, Squiggsy Space Research and KIS/KAS. Even with the new stock inventory system, I find KIS to be an indispensable addition to how the stock game handles things.

KoS

Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@Araym

Dude, those are sweet!  Are you just taking the stock textures and changing them in Photoshop?

I'm in contact directly with Cobalt and a lot of other modders involved in BDB since long ago, so I got access to some of the original art in PSD format that I'm having fun to modify to get some extra paints for the upcoming new Apollo revamp (I have put them, for now in a fork of BDBNIC mod, as they will be release indipendently from BDB... I'll see if I'll release later under another name)
It's a bit easier using an already layered file, rather than working with the texture available to the public, with all the graphic merged (but it's not so easy when you have then understand every bits and layer, before actually work on the paints).
Then, case by case, aside painting it, I made extras when needed by the design I was trying to replicate (the BDB's new Apollo, for example, has a tiled heatshield: I made a new normal map for some of my repaint with a smooth one).
If you have access to the BDB saturn-revamp dev (github is a bit problematic to let it download any branch not set as main: you have to fork it and set then the saturn dev as main branch on your fork, to download it), you can also already try my add-on from here: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC

(Also, if you check my repositories, there is already a BDB fork set up for me, when I want to download the saturn-rework dev branch: it's generally up to date to the latest addition on the original one - I have to manually update it, so maybe is one day off, sometime - that you can use: just use the big green button "CODE" to download it as a whole in zip - DO NOT GO on the release section, as they will get you just the old parts)

Edited by Araym

Today i accepted a contract to repair a rover on mun surface. It would be an ez mission if i sent a rocket there but noo, i had to send a space plane that has barely enough dv to get there.

anyway so i made a some sort twin stage space plane;
unknown.png

it has 4 jet engine and 2 drop tanks, all of them are detachable so i drop them on the way, no extra weight.

unknown.png

with my precision landing skillz, i land on top of rover

unknown.png

which is a funny looking rover.

After that i repair the rover and plan to go back to kerbin. But space plane merely has enough dv to get into mun orbit. So i decided to send another space plane to rendezvous with it and carry crew back to kerbin;

unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/319763737475153921/905507995587334235/unknown.pngBack to Kerbin, safe and sound.

also captured a nice moment

Edited by qromodynmc

I made The AC130

H5hygxK.jpg

Im gonna redo it's guns and add some tiny details aswell as new targeting ball things
0whetEK.jpg
The reason it looks bad right now is because I was shoving it into minceraft :P but that's a different story, the targeting balls are gonna get a complete remodel

aT77IKg.jpg

Poor Sanlan…

Went out to do some maintenance ahead of the return burn to Kerbin, realised she’d forgotten the sole EVA jetpack on the ship so nicked it off Duberry, but Duberry had forgotten to fill it up with propellant as Sanlan soon discovered while drifting slowly away from the ship…

Cue a heroic effort from Jeb to move the entire ship using its RCS thrusters so that Sanlan could grab on, grab a spare EVA cylinder, complete the servicing- and then head inside to give Duberry a piece of her mind! This incident, along with the “taking the lander down to Ike before the deployed science containers were added to it” incident, have definitely soured the relationship between those two.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Poor Sanlan…

Went out to do some maintenance ahead of the return burn to Kerbin, realised she’d forgotten the sole EVA jetpack on the ship so nicked it off Duberry, but Duberry had forgotten to fill it up with propellant as Sanlan soon discovered while drifting slowly away from the ship…

Cue a heroic effort from Jeb to move the entire ship using its RCS thrusters so that Sanlan could grab on, grab a spare EVA cylinder, complete the servicing- and then head inside to give Duberry a piece of her mind! This incident, along with the “taking the lander down to Ike before the deployed science containers were added to it” incident, have definitely soured the relationship between those two.

Where snarkiverse episode