What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

22 hours ago, Axelord FTW said:

Tourism contracts, yes, but I've never seen TOURS for X numbers of days. Only stuff like fly-bys, orbits, or landing on this or that world. They can be really lucrative, but whatever that was that allowed for tourists to want to visit that 'station' I want some of it.

Took a bit of detective work, but it appears those contracts come from Wild Blue Industries MOLE:

Edited by Randazzo

On 12/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

Jeb is sitting in the capsule waiting because my wife wanted to go out for breakfast, and she refused to let me bring him home first.

Same thing happened to me with Hercules 4, only instead of wife it's parents and instead of breakfast it's meeting with my grandma.

Finally, exams are over and winter break is here! And you know what that means.. rampant procrastination more KSP!

Spoiler

First, I launched a new design based off my previous Thunderbird rocket, Thunderbird II. Of course, 'Koeing' still goes with the same branding style.

xaUYje4.png

GSnWIa8.png

wUJbwlt.png

3koPJ0c.png

5NCHLoC.png

vrfNQPv.png

FoMmyKm.png

sDrl0Uu.png

NSqcAmS.png

Welp.. not coming back anytime soon. 

The Thunderbird II is probably my favorite launch vehicle in a long time, right behind the original. I finally have a servicable medium launch vehicle again (and it'll be put to good use soon.)

However, before I could do that I had something else to do first. Mungate Station, launched all the way back in Year 1 of the save (for reference, the save is currently on Year 9), had to receive a new visitor.

I had been slowly revamping Mungate and Kerbin system infrastructure in my usual slow, 1000% planned fashion, and this new lander was the final piece of the puzzle.

X7zyo4z.png

Meet Percheron, named because Clydesdale was already taken. Okay, that's not a very flattering view.

CzZDccb.png

There.

Anyway, it was finally time to send some Kerbals down from Mungate to Homestead Base, and the Percheron lander system was the key.

yBgi7RT.png

b6ypoUb.png

The ANTS tug is moved to an empty docking port.

o62XPet.png

Finally, Percheron is ready for it's maiden flight.

7SLCd8q.png

The 3 crew onboard (who are so important that I forgot their names) get ready for descent.

gXnj8ke.png

2LdS0oX.png

The Waterfall plume wasn't working for some reason, but yes, the engine is lit. 

QDSaYvN.png

hwAJ75r.png

5ILOgY7.png

(Use your imagination)

9CpzrqE.png

And, landed. We can't see anything unfortunately.

ZDCVexR.png

That's better.

ucXV0fq.png

Z4RGVw2.png

And, first steps at Homestead base! I have been waiting for this moment for months. Such is the nature of overplanning everything.

sPMhJqP.png

v2qBQdD.png

sQo1Sb4.png

Of course, the flag has to be planted!

croEdXC.png

Something something blah blah blah. Best thing I came up with in the moment.

fpf5Nwm.png

Roddock's next job: uncrash the rover.

pP85VAa.png

Just a quick check of all systems. Working as expected.

QVoMWWL.png

UW0nG0L.png

t414Jv3.png

And, that's enough Homestead for now. The crew will wait for the Farmstead module and more kerbals to arrive.

Just kidding, I took the rover for a short uh.. 'drive'.

nfS0frX.png

R2Jikhr.png

Hey, I put rockets on this thing and I'm going to use it.

After that, I parked the rover next to a hab module and called it a day.

Ompdppb.png

7hVf45Z.png

And another 'thing'  I did...

bLvc9t8.png

2 seconds per frame.

PwWbPGC.png

Halpond is fine, somehow.

Spoiler

And, on an unrelated note, I deleted the waterfall poodle plume and the realplume one worked. Thanks, realplume.

Kd7UBzL.png

I played GPP in x25 scale.  I was trying to make a x5 scale but for some reason i saled the bodies in Sigma and Kopernicus, this is what i got.

Ultra High quality Fomalhaut Analog

New PfP

Catullus entry in x25 scale (Fail) I was coming in at 15 km/s ok

Screenshot (BH with bigger rhode and x2.5 scale).  Rhode is now 3250 km!  1.3 gee

Spoiler

Due to a problem with KSP, I cannot upload screenshots.  Just gonna tell you that my rocket was BIG.

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

Just finished with Hox and Leto in GPP. Which means one more place to go...

Grannus 

The big boy. The red dwarf 

Grannus will take 530 years to get to 

another 100 to reach it in SOI

The best part?

better time warp did not work soooooo

stock time warp for all 530 years 

Already have 300 down, but still have eight hours of warping left...

1 hour ago, ShinkibaKaisoku said:

Then a test of "Unplanned Life-threatening Contingency-Purposed Single Crew Egress Craft" was conducted. I declare it a success albeit poor jebidiah suffered 15g during reentry

n0BId92.png

I doubt NASA would approve of those G loads... 

Not much in the way of pictures, but Skipjack had been churning out ships like mad. Got five (major) mission crafts out of it already, four heading to Eve, and one to Dres (all patiently waiting for their transfer window). Three of those are for surface outpost contracts, one of Eve, Gilly and Dres each. Thankfully, only the ones on Gilly and Dres require Kerbals to actually be present, while the one on Eve only require 6,000 units of liquid fuel, which will be created in situ. Another of those Eve contract is to test the Verne engine (from Far Future) on a sub-orbital trajectory over Eve. That'll be easy. One mission is just to get a lot of science from Eve, with three mini-landers that will be dropped into different biomes, and an orbital relay. Finally, the Dres and Gilly outposts will have Kerbals on board, and will each begin construction of a bigger outpost/factory on their respective worlds. I did a woopsie and forgot to include a resource scanner on the Dres mission but I managed to build a very quick mission from the Skipjack by building a small, simple craft faster than the Dres ship could orbit the moon. One engineer went up, met up with the Dres mission craft, slapped on a resource scanner, and deorbited almost right away as they were right over the Skipjack factory again.

Bit of a Kraken attack upon recycling the small craft, but I was able to reload a persistent save. EL bases tend to either stout and sturdy like rock, or explode with enough force to send parts on escape trajectory out of the Kerbol system.

Didn't take many (in fact, none other) than this one for the Verne engine test contract. It looks ridiculous, but being able to build ships in vacuum really opens up your options.
dXkr0Qj.jpg

Since I'm not farming blue numbers with science labs, I'm really up against a tech wall at the moment, having unlocked none of the FFT stuff, and few of the atomic engines. Also, none of the NFP engines either. Launching ships off Minmus isn't an actual requirement, but it certainly helps in setting up interplanetary missions without breaking the bank. Rescue mission contracts for Kerbals stranded on Minmus or the Mun are effectively free money too. That helps me a lot because parts also need to be unlocked with funds in this career, and some of them are ridiculously expensive.

Edited by Axelord FTW

14 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Ouch. Hope it gets better.

Wait. Just realized. You have to get back. :0.0:

It’s a probe.

Well it got there, but I fell asleep during time warp so here we go again (this time only half of the 8 hours)

Unfortunately, i also had to delete my third save(the one with the Spy plane, Fregat I, II, and III), along with the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th save, luckily, i'm doing a good progress with my 9th career save.-_-

Now, let me tell you a little bit of what i was testing on my (now deleted) old saves(which are inside this spoiler below here):

Spoiler

I was testing some stuff, you know, new mods, random tweaks, and apparently i had some issues with some visual mods ,and it turns out that the current Scatterer version is really broken...

Annoyed by this, i had to revert to an earlier version of it, which apparently it works like NEW!

Also, yes, i, formerly, used Spectra, which is a visual mod, that made Kerbin, Duna, Moho,etc Much more cool, i always used it until i found SVE, which is also good too! And well, then i found, you know, issues everywhere,like: oh no Urlum is more jool-ish, theres a dancing monkey on Tekto, etc. I tried another visual mod, and it also made it cool, but there where more glitches and bugs that the other one.

And, if you haven't seen it, it turns out, that the new version of Scatterer isn't supposed to make much more bigger the atmospheres of the Planets.

Then i found the fix, and you know, blah blah blah, patches, bugs that are now fixed,all those fixes where in a Older version of Scatterer,and since i was soo happy to finally fix it without telling it to the Scatterer thread, I rapidly installed more mods, and it turns out that switching Between the KSC and the Tracking Station takes like, wow, 3 minutes, it turns out that ScanSat was, for some reason, crying out a lot since it seems that, well, technically, it works, but i believe that he was vomiting error logs because he was confused like: what, where am i, is this KSP 1.11.2?, and (probably) causing too much lag. Luckily, i hammered the hell out of it, and now it takes much more less time to switch between these 2 (around 30 seconds)

i could have installed another planet pack, but wathev(if you found, have, or know an interesting planet pack and you want me to download it, just send me a PM)

Alright. Now let's focus on my first 3 spacecrafts on my 9th career save which are, Pegasus I, Pegasus II and Pegasus III, and, just like always, inside these 3 spoilers are the images, info, and more stuff of each mission(1 spoiler per mission):

Oh and yes, i finally made a flag for my agency.

Spoiler

Pegasus II couldn't think of a better name, but whatev

Alright, so... ummm.... yeah, my first launch(on this save, of course) had that name, if you planned to say: bruh, what a horrible name, why didn't you used a better one?! Well then now it is the time to say it.

oh, and back to the spacecraft info, Pegasus I was an project we've been working previously,and since we had a little bit of knowledge of science and space ,we had to use that in favor to us,and so, the Engineers of Blλck Mesa Corporations came up with this design:

screenshot197.png

It's a little bit wacky, but it should give us enough science, and so, we launched it.

screenshot198.png

And if you've guessed it, Yes! I now use TUFX, and of course, i love black and white Pictures, although it makes me nervous for some reason.

And below here, this is indeed the first image captured by the Spacecraft's Camera:

screenshot199.png

oh, and before i launch it, i should gather some sweet science from the launch pad.

screenshot200.png

Done!

screenshot201.png

Now let's launch it:

screenshot204.png

screenshot205.png

screenshot206.png

screenshot207.png

Oh, well, this was unplanned, ughhh,well... looks like it is time for Unplanned Maneuvers!

screenshot209.png

Alright, since Pegasus I has a parachute, i think i can save it before it crashes on the floor! And so, i'll be able to get more science!

screenshot211.png

screenshot212.png

And another Image taken by the Spacecraft Camera:

screenshot213.png

Uh oh, well i hope the parachute slows down the spacecraft...

screenshot214.png

screenshot215.png

screenshot216.png

And another photo...

screenshot217.png

screenshot219.png

Alright, i've successfully collected the science from grassland.

screenshot220.png

screenshot221.png

screenshot222.png

screenshot223.png

And below here is a photo of KSC, taken minutes before Pegasus I landed.

screenshot227.png

Ok, now let's focus on the landing...

screenshot229.png

screenshot231.png

screenshot232.png

(btw, it turns out that the continent we live in is, in fact, a floating island, not a continent, non-sense but informative!)

screenshot233.png

Well, now that Pegasus I has successfully land on... hold on... wait wha-

screenshot234.png

uh oh.

screenshot235.png

huh, what happened? Why there is some short of explosion?

*checks the rocket*

huh, i don't even find a damaged part, strange...

Well, at least we can recover the rocket, but... uhhhh... nevermind.:confused:

Anyways, let's get that science back.

screenshot238.png

Yummy gummy science.

Ok... Now let's spend these on more tech nodes.

screenshot239.png

Uh, cool, looks like i'm finally going to space.

And now for the other mission:

Spoiler

Pegasus II

Formerly Known as Deceiver I, this spacecraft wasn't designed by the Black Mesa Corporations, it was, in fact, designed by the Alpha Squadron Company, which is a basic military defense organization, the engineers of the company gave us a special gift, which was indeed a decommissioned ICBM Despite the Name, the rocket was indeed a total fiasco, not even a successful launch happened, it only failed at any time it wants.

We removed some small features of it, fixed it, refurbished it,etc.

screenshot248.png

And they told us that it can't even go to space, so we made some modifications to it. The result was basically Moar boosters, and although they completely disliked our idea, we launched it anyway.

screenshot250.png

screenshot251.png

screenshot252.png

screenshot253.png

screenshot254.png

The Launch Went Very well, and we don't need wings anymore!

screenshot255.png

screenshot256.png

screenshot257.png

screenshot258.png

screenshot261.png

screenshot263.png

screenshot264.png

Solid Boosters are no longer needed, and so, decoupled.

screenshot265.png

Damn it, Our First Stage is closer to deplete.

screenshot266.png

Noo Fiddle Sticks! What Now?!:mad:

screenshot267.png

screenshot268.png

Arghhh screw you 2nd Booster!:mad:

screenshot270.png

Finally, Open and free NotSpace.

screenshot271.png

Oh, and below here is a collection of Images Taken by Pegasus II(i had to make them smaller so, well, you know)

screenshot272.pngscreenshot273.pngscreenshot274.pngscreenshot275.png

screenshot276.pngscreenshot277.pngscreenshot278.pngscreenshot280.pngscreenshot279.png

screenshot281.png

Alright, 3rd Stage Booster fuel is depleted, decoupling...

screenshot284.png

And another Image Collection:

screenshot310.pngscreenshot311.pngscreenshot312.pngscreenshot313.png

Apparently at this point, the flight control considered the mission finished, and so, we shutdown telecommunications with the spacecraft to focus on the next project.

btw, the Mission was a Partial Failure, even with the new features and change of parts, the spacecraft couldn't achieve space.

Luckily, it gathered fresh and Yummy science for the R&D Facility.

screenshot349.png

Just a little bit of newly researched nodes.

And once more again for the other mission:

Spoiler

Pegasus III

Enraged and Furious by the Unauthorized launch of the decommissioned missile, the Alpha Squadron broke relations with Black Mesa Corporations, and distanced itself from any NGO on Kerbin, Regardless though, our Engineers made a better version of it, introducing:

The Phobos I Rocket!

screenshot355.png

This rocket is deeply Inspired by the Regulator ICBM, which is exactly the rocket that was used on Pegasus II. And unlike the earlier one, this is capable of pushing small payloads into orbit, and with a simple booster(the Electron 1B Booster), it can be capable of putting anything on a large orbit, or in the Mun! But, why there are wings? you say, very simple, we completely forgot our promise, luckily, these will help us to stabilize the Rocket!

Anyways, back to the launch pod:

screenshot356.png

screenshot357.png

screenshot358.png

screenshot359.png

screenshot360.png

screenshot361.png

screenshot366.png

screenshot367.png

screenshot368.png

screenshot370.png

uh what? excuse, but this... well, that wasn't supposed to happen...

screenshot371.png

screenshot372.png

screenshot374.pngscreenshot375.pngscreenshot377.pngscreenshot379.pngscreenshot380.pngscreenshot382.png

screenshot384.png

Mmmmmm... i think i'm going to achieve orbit, but... mmmm... needs more maneuvers.

screenshot385.png

screenshot386.png

screenshot387.png

screenshot389.png

screenshot391.png

Nope, it needs a final maneuver!

screenshot392.png

*random maneuvers later*

screenshot397.png

That should be enough!

mmmmm... i think i can go... uhhhh... idk... let's see if...

screenshot402.png

maybe i... nah, i'll reserve it for my next mission.

screenshot404.png

screenshot407.pngscreenshot408.pngscreenshot409.pngscreenshot410.png

screenshot419.png

screenshot420.png

screenshot421.png

screenshot422.png

screenshot423.png

screenshot424.png

oh,and here's another collection of Photos, tbh, i like it.

screenshot429.pngscreenshot431.pngscreenshot432.pngscreenshot433.pngscreenshot434.pngscreenshot435.pngscreenshot436.pngscreenshot437.pngscreenshot438.pngscreenshot439.pngscreenshot440.pngscreenshot441.pngscreenshot442.pngscreenshot443.pngscreenshot444.pngscreenshot446.pngscreenshot447.pngscreenshot448.pngscreenshot449.pngscreenshot449.pngscreenshot450.pngscreenshot452.png

The spacecraft was indeed a grandious success for our space program, and thanks to it, we can now research new nodes, which means more parts!

screenshot455.png

screenshot456.png

screenshot457.png

Alright, now that i have the technology to launch powerful rockets, i think i should play KSP Now.

oh, and since i'm a little bit bored, i think i should leave a funny thing here:

Spoiler

So... how's been you day Marty?:happy:

Nice, although if fell a little bit bored...

No need to be bored! i've heard that Black Mesa Corporations is now looking for new Engineers, which means more friends!:D

But, if they're much better, don't you think that they will replac-

*smash*

screenshot351.png

X_X

Wha- OH NO.:0.0:

screenshot352.png

GUYS HELP, MARTY IS STUCK INSIDE THE LAUNCH POD, I REPEAT, MARTY IS STUCK.

PLS GUYS, HE'S GOING TO DIE IF WE DON'T DO ANYTHING TO IT:sob:

HE'S NOT GOING TO SURVIVE WITH THAT GIANT LAUNCH POD SMASHING HIS HEAD!!!

SOMEONE, PLS, IF YOU LISTEN TO ME, CALL EMERGENCY, NOW!!!

btw, this post took me like 4 hours to make, while i only play KSP for literally 5/6 Hours!:P

1 hour ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Today I built 2 duna missions with too little delta v, I noticed that in Lko, so don't worry.

This leaves me two options, 1 learn to rendezvous, 2 use isru

As you probably guessed, I'm going with isru.

Rendezvous opens up worlds of possibilities!

I am perfecting a new truck I made - the Kania RK530. 

Screenshot149.png

Screenshot148.pngThere are a few things I need to work on, though. The turning radius is a bit wide, it's kind of slow, the headlights/front bumper/side of the cab aren't very accurate to the real truck, I haven't made a Kania emblem for the front yet, and it is missing side mirrors. After all that, I will need to make some trailers for it! 

I would have put a picture of the real truck here so you could compare, but my internet is so horrible that I was having trouble getting pictures of the real truck to load on Google so I could put them here, so if you want to see the differences between the Kania RK530 and the Scania R580  (Ignore the numbers, that's just the amount of horsepower. I though that Scania had made a next generation 530, but apparently I was wrong; or not, I don't really know), you could just look up 'New Scania R', and that will give you pictures of what the Kania is supposed to look like.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Remembered stuff

22 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Just finished with Hox and Leto in GPP. Which means one more place to go...

Grannus 

The big boy. The red dwarf 

Grannus will take 530 years to get to 

another 100 to reach it in SOI

The best part?

better time warp did not work soooooo

stock time warp for all 530 years 

Already have 300 down, but still have eight hours of warping left...

What a journey

I always wondered why I could never find a complete GPP series on Youtube. Now I know why, it takes forever to do. 

The first video to last was a journey, new solutions, while still having fun.

Will there be another series like this? Watch till the end to find out!

Spoiler

Recap of the series

On 12/13/2021 at 12:36 PM, Davi SDF said:

NOW WE ARE TALKING!

You can get even more ridiculous, and make a Nuclear Salt Water SSTO, i did and, O H   M Y    K R A K E N, it's good

That's the worst rocket idea Ive ever seen, I need to make it now.

Created one more mission craft from Skipjack, as the Duna transfer window was only 30 days away. Sent some Kerbals to Skipjack, and by the time they arrived the craft was completed (took something like 2 days and 2 hours or so to build). It's another Factory starter. One pilot (L0), one scientist (L3), and three engineers (L3, L0, L0) boarded the new vessel without issues, and their original Kerbin-to-Minmus taxi was put into the shredder.

Next, I executed all (but one) of the escape burns. Again, that's one factory starter craft for Dres, Gilly and Duna each, one surface-base contract base for Eve (unmanned), one science-heavy relay craft with 3x mini-landers for Eve, and finally that one Verne engine test contract craft. Thanks to their offworld construction, they all have excess dV out the wazoo. Two of them will do correction burns mid-trip but all others are on the dot. Triple-checked the alarms and maneuvers, fingers crossed!

Spoiler

Don't got pictures for them all, though. 

Duna factory starter lifting off from Skipjack's launchpad. It's kinda neat using SRBs to launch stuff from a moon's surface.
knRW08r.jpg

I think that one's going to Dres.
aKITWgt.jpg

Eve surface contract base. It looks fugly, but it's getting deleted as soon as it fulfil its role anyway.
ZM69Rzy.jpg

And here's the relay+3x landers heading to Eve.
RdoVQ5g.jpg

Edited by Axelord FTW

You know how I said I had to choose between isru and docking? Turns out, there's a third option, one so kerbal that we had to hire an engineer specifically for insanity.

I'm too tired to do a full report now, I'll hopefully do it tomorrow, let's just say that Jeb and Zes made it back from duna in one piece, and on reflection, is there a mod which allows you to build starship like heat shields for 2.5m and other sizes? That would have made my mission a whole load less insane.

I went to, landed on and returned from Duna using only parts from the 1.0 demo (1.25m tanks to the FLT-200, LVT-45 and LVT-30 only engines, no vacuum-specific engines etc).

xvRvbOT.png

May the Gods of Aerodynamics forgive me...

XiVi4Dz.png

Made it to Duna without incident.

XOCiCUM.png

Landed; fuel margins are tight but we should be able to make it home and slow down to survive re-entry.

IGYofAB.png

In orbit after landing.

hCycjQy.png

The Duna-Kerbin injection burn is successful; Ferfurt Kerman is on his way home.

68j5FFD.png

As you can see, the 1.0 demo does not have a heatshield of any sort; this makes interplanetary re-entries nigh-impossible as I have to lug braking fuel throughout the entire mission. I managed to shave off about 550 m/s with the last of my fuel before hitting Kerbin's atmosphere, but even with a minimum-energy Duna return, re-entry speed was 2,700+ meters per second. Here you can see that the capsule very nearly exploded; I was very lucky.

JwIwwph.png

After three years and 94 days in space, Ferfurt Kerman returns home to the cradle of Kerbin, to his beautiful blue home. Now Kerbin is filled with hope; their stunted space program need not be restricted by parts. I'll do a full mission report thread soon; this was simply the test run...

Hercules 7: The dunes of Duna:

Spoiler

FaxVoYe.png

My idea was pretty crazy, so we had to hire a crazy engineer.

gRiQWJs.png

RCFcHPn.png

I should probably have used something else than an inflatable centrifuge, but I thought it would be cool.

d63dpju.png

jOfwNVR.png

VYcmUBB.png

Second stage: Four wolfhounds.

aBOD5Kc.png

Now, the crazy bit, I'm doing a starship style Duna aerobrake, Upside down! On top of the capsule is an inflatable heatshield, which will aerobrake at Duna head first. Now that I think about it, this doesn't seem as crazy anymore.

xX4doUc.png

Coasting away from kerbin.

pPTImOR.png

This took me way longer than it should.

lstcDRV.png

Some course corrections later.

CA9NUdw.png

T0Oyfjj.png

Unfortunately, it kept flipping over, so I cheated into orbit. It could probably work with better rcs.

deZ4Mbd.png

Entry.

VtI6Td5.png

Flip 'n burn!

7aWSJv4.png

du1gfAn.png

Parachutes.

yuQzqnb.png

qVG8Obe.png

Hercules has landed!

BRUBcgP.png

Jeb checking that he had his helmet on in a panicked frenzy.

6w1LxLa.png

vB2wiYt.png

A rover camera picture taken by Zes after constructing a small rover, unfortunately one of the wheels exploded, and thus the rover wouldn't work.

Hq1YN4J.png

The seat eject works, much better than expected. I'm still puzzled as to why no low mass missions use the seat eject.

KyuZMaf.png

Sunrise.

xM6ANoX.png

nasYJeb.png

Launch.

TgcMaO5.png

BFGICT6.png

ALlsu6N.png

6ogjhVI.png

e0A278N.png

OFUyIKS.png

In orbit, it was getting very late, I had enough delta v so, I cheated back to kerbin.

Ce20NSW.png

7ymSDDi.png

2oYVHYg.png

p7oPm4y.png

eEe5H62.png

l80Rkow.png

oljw3Ig.png

More parachutes.

nQnhPeL.png

It's always fun to hit recover.

UHCCKnF.png

As with Innessa, Zes also got an orange suit.