What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

After feeling unfulfilled by landing at runway 06, our 2 restless pilots set off on a truly death-defying flight with a landing that may never be topped. 

KSC is still buzzing about it... 

"The sonic boom broke half of the windows in R&D!"

"The only damage to the plane was the bent needle on the G indicator!"

"Are they in trouble, or getting a statue?"

"Gene just went to the beach and paced back and forth."

>>> VIDEO LINK <<<

It still makes me grin every time. :D

ECtcy8I.png

12 hours ago, Martian Emigrant said:

Hi it's Kerbal Space Ponies.

https://spacedock.info/mod/352/Kerbal Space Ponies

oMaDvGj.png

gtsqNdS.png

wuQOxmw.png

It is an older mod. Can't guarantee it will work for you. I don't think (99.99 positive) it is maintained at all anymore.

I am running on Linux and my game was from the store. I don't know anything about windows, mac or steam.

You put the folder in GameData as usual but....For some reason I cannot run the game from a shortcut on the desktop.

I have to start the game from my game folder.

If I use a shortcut then the ponies appear as just regular Kerbals.

Sometime on a rescue the ponies don't appear as ponies immediately.

To get the ponies in the game they must be hired as new crew or you can edit Kerbals and rename them as ponies in the save files.

Good luck.

ME

I just looked in CKAN and this is available for ver. 1.12.2.  Might give it a try.

I finished getting hepheastus up and running, sent a scanner to the mun, and messed around. (Weekend! YAY!)

Spoiler

z6Hm0Im.png

Recycler, material kits and fertilizer.

ROb8Xfl.png

o8DEsg8.png

I'm confused because there are three different estimates for supplies, but I think this will last 7 years (vab prediction).

r5RhGzw.png

Turns out simple construction needs material kits / specialized parts, so I hammered out a hammer head for hepheastus. (Well, hepheastus was the greek pantheon's resident blacksmith.)

00JuuRM.png

JHrQzzC.png

qzlEJMh.png

sxE0X7m.png

LoBSmh9.png

Scanner departing with 3km/s of delta v.

dIk3Uxm.png

Debug to the mun.

YOqDT3X.png

See that canyon and crater that looks like a magnifying glass? That's were the base is going to be.

K0gGhYJ.png

Just your average solar eclipse, nothing of note.

I also designed a rover with 4 years of living time, curtesy of a little colony supplies. Don't have pictures though.

UuJ6KjG.png

Are you okay on the hangar floor?

kH6bhSG.png

That would be my reaction too.

I also designed a small scouting lander, and well, I have four tiny stow packs at the bottom with colony supplies and:

Ht09xAw.png

What is that stuff?! Are you sure it's safe?

Today, I decided I'd finally upgrade to 1.12.x and start a new career for the last time in KSP1.

Going through mods, deciding which ones I want to add, which ones won't make the cut. (Cause once I do this install... I'm not making any changes)

6AyUdUE.jpg

Edited by scottadges

On 1/21/2022 at 6:35 AM, Martian Emigrant said:

Hi it's Kerbal Space Ponies.

https://spacedock.info/mod/352/Kerbal Space Ponies

oMaDvGj.png

gtsqNdS.png

wuQOxmw.png

It is an older mod. Can't guarantee it will work for you. I don't think (99.99 positive) it is maintained at all anymore.

I am running on Linux and my game was from the store. I don't know anything about windows, mac or steam.

You put the folder in GameData as usual but....For some reason I cannot run the game from a shortcut on the desktop.

I have to start the game from my game folder.

If I use a shortcut then the ponies appear as just regular Kerbals.

Sometime on a rescue the ponies don't appear as ponies immediately.

To get the ponies in the game they must be hired as new crew or you can edit Kerbals and rename them as ponies in the save files.

Good luck.

ME

Downloaded, it looks cute except the hairstyle who poke trough the helmet. 

The E.M.U.V (spacewalk chair) is basically done. It has built in RCS thrusters, Built in docking ring compatible with the Jr, a monoprop supply and Battery, light up panels and work lights, storage for 2 cargo up to 90 litres, KAS support and socket, SAS assist, radio transmitter, reaction wheels, can just fit the JR grapple or the smallest KAS winch on the front. Wondering if I release it as a standalone or wait to put it in an update of WorkingUnderwaterLite?

Also does anybody know of a mod with a cargo nose cone for 2.5 rather than a one use fairing?

Spoiler

5ECFOVI.png3Ch3Zah.pngjgd25L3.pngrFJyRIV.pngQQkpifN.pngVHeYnVb.pnglnseBYd.png

Did my first Duna flyby today. First time I've ever seen Duna, outside of other people's videos. Here are the screenshots

Spoiler

On the pad:?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Just after liftoff: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Just after Kerbin escape burn: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Flying by Duna: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Leaving Duna: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Re-entering at Kerbin: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Splashdown:?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettMission Complete 

Edited by Kerb24
Steam allowed me to upload the screenshots

9 minutes ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

I play with steam, just go to the game's folder and look in screenshots, then you can copy to imgur.

I got lost in my computer files, can't find anything.

I found the files, just not all of the screenshots are there? Steam says that those screenshots exist, but I can't find them.

Edited by Kerb24

21 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

I got lost in my computer files, can't find anything.

I found the files, just not all of the screenshots are there? Steam says that those screenshots exist, but I can't find them.

Game screenshots and steam screenshots are different.

Take game screenshots by pressing f1, then they will end up in that folder.

I struggled with this a bit too in my early days, I recommend making a desktop shortcut to your screenshots folder, it makes it a load easier.

I finally finished editing the video of my rather detailed Apollo 11 mission:

The original plan was to have this video ready by 20 july 2021, the anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing. I'm glad it is finally done.

Lots of details, such as:

• All retro rockets and ullage motors of the Apollo 11 Saturn V are included
  • Saturn V ascent profile is as accurate as you can reasonably make it in stock KSP
  • All parts of the Saturn V are oriented correctly, including the 1st stage engines, all the bits and bobs on the outside and the LM inside its fairing.
  • CSM to scale, with correct number of chutes, and all of them in the correct positions in the forward equipment bay. Offset CoG (I clipped an ore tank inside the CM to do this)
  • Accurate landing profile, including face-up maneuver. The face-up maneuver was performed to give the astronauts a good view of their landing zone
  • Accurate, albeit shortened surface operations. Local time of day is accurate, as are the orientation of the landed LM and the positions of the flag and scientific equipment.
  • Correct, 60 degree rotation between CSM and LM when docked. Docking collar is jettisoned with the LM ascent stage as was done historically
  • Luna 15 makes an appearance

And the mission goes to somewhere a bit more challenging than the Mun. Enjoy!