What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, scottadges said:

Getting my 1.12 Final Career up and running, starting with Probes Before Crew to make it a little more interesting.

Here's my Orbiting Solar Observatory (included with the BDB probes) after completing a profitable little contract.

lE1YQm1.png

What visual mods are you using? They are gorgeous! 

3 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Well, you could tweakscale down a mk3 space shuttle cargo bay.

Ended up building one myself. Had to construct my own disc collider as a squished sphere one was being stupid, But now it works great. Always loved James Bond's "You Only Live Twice."

Kerman, James Kerman!

Some innocent Kermicans, who weren't spying on their neighbours (honest), never saw the mysterious ship come up behind them. They were never seen again.

Spoiler

SPo8pQD.pngzjr6qgY.pngJQlhMA7.pngRx6D4ZS.png8EcFCB1.pngtoj1tVG.png

8 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Ended up building one myself. Had to construct my own disc collider as a squished sphere one was being stupid, But now it works great. Always loved James Bond's "You Only Live Twice."

Kerman, James Kerman!

Some innocent Kermicans, who weren't spying on their neighbours (honest), never saw the mysterious ship come up behind them. They were never seen again.

Hide contents

SPo8pQD.pngzjr6qgY.pngJQlhMA7.pngRx6D4ZS.png8EcFCB1.pngtoj1tVG.png

Could you (if you have the time) make that part downloadable? It would be really handy for neutron replicas. :D

Edited by Hyperspace Industries

Just now, Hyperspace Industries said:

Could you (if you have the time) make that part downloadable? It would be really handy for neutron replicas. :D

Yep. I have decided to make the E.M.U.V a standalone and I am going to include that Cargo nose and some variations in the mod. Just a few more things to do before the finished product.

I sent a mission to Niven consisting of a surface probe and a satellite to fulfill a contract.

4jMOsLU.png

We insert into orbit then separate the two mission packages.

WMWamUq.png

The landing package.

tlkKrdM.png

And the orbiter.

RS6W7js.png

Entry.

ZmoEglx.png

We collect science while descending and then noticed we are landing on the slope of a mountain.

yN99WBp.png

It did not go well. 

4Ltyr45.png

Went into Duna orbit for the first time. Here are the screenshots:

Spoiler

Most of the way to LKO?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Kerbin departure: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Near Duna: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Duna orbit: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Various Duna orbit screenshots:

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Leaving Duna: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Near Kerbin: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Re-entry: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Splashdown: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Using the science from this mission, I was able to do this: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Mission Complete.

I started playing ksp today around 12:34, finished around 20:10! 8 hours of building a mks colony (which isn't producing supplies yet, but it's so close!) And that's with cheating all the components to 1km above the mun's surface!

I literally do not have time to post screenshots, my bath is filling with water as I type.

But here are the highlights:

Landing three different mining modules.

Having to redesign my power system.

Playing jenga with a nuclear reactor.

Disassembling everything in sight.

Habitation and food modules landed.

Spent an inordinate amount of time trying to control four separate missions at the same time, each one trying to make orbit of a different moon of Jupiter and with reasonable, but not massive delta-V budgets. As the innermost moon, Io is the hardest to reach- not helped by MechJeb deciding that the best way to intercept it is coming in perpendicular to its orbit, rather than meeting it at the probe’s periapsis when the relative velocity is at its lowest, resulting in a 12km/s capture burn.

And in between all that I had to launch a contract sat as I somehow ran out of money…

14 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

What visual mods are you using? They are gorgeous! 

Just using EVE + Astronomer's Visual Pack (AVP) with the 4K textures, Planetshine, and Scatterer.

(Oh, and I also bump saturation and adjust contrast in the PNG file before I post to Imgur.)

Edited by scottadges

As it was getting late, I decided I should install Restock. So, I did. I opened up the game after installing it, and it worked. I then went to look at the parts. It felt like a new game. Everything looked better. I have no idea how I went so long without it.

Driving my prototype Gigarover around KSC. I lost a few parts going through the pool. Goal is to be able to fly itself from Minmus to Pol/ Bop then to Tylo. Still a lot of work to get everything assembled, get it balanced, build a booster.

J0NoMbD.png

Edited by Krazy1

New career, new planet pack, new mods.
Gotta say Parallax runs really well on my totally-not-jank 1650. Really makes the Mun easier on the eyes. One of my main complaints about KSP's looks is how blobby many worlds look like, with the Mun being one of the worst offenders.

384L9dQ.png
Y4pLrKA.png

Ignore the broken bits, this satellite was getting decommissioned anyway and was flown into the side of a cliff mere seconds after touchdown.

Presenting Artemis, now (I think) self sufficient on supplies!

Spoiler

GSvgiHt.png

Tada!

nyQWgg6.png

Am I right in my conclusion that the supplies will last 33 years?

(Ignore the hydrates, they go from -0,0018 to +2 and back every now and again.)

I've had the good fortune to beta test @ColdJ's EMUV mod, and boy is it great for neutron replicas!

Spoiler

sLb0Za8.png

Introducing, neutrino.

FY5KMzk.png

2tahYdv.png

aEb9k4E.png

lhAkPpD.png

NNseg5C.png

T02ymGp.png

4i3L4zT.png

Open sesame!

0NI0Ura.png

Xr0dFj3.png

0NI0Ura.png

I finally learned how to use the Advanced Grabbing Unit effectively.  I've been trying for a couple of weeks now to use it to rescue Kerbals in LKO, and every time I would simply just botch it.  Not so much because of the AGU, but more because I kept zipping past the target.  But after multiple tries today, I was able to line up the rescue ship on the right line towards the target scrap, move carefully into position, and snatch!  Except for one where I had to revert because I accidentally hit the Z key about 3 meters out and cranked up the speed to about 10 m/s.  Blamo!

I got to two thirds of my slate circumnavigation. which i started in october. I've been playing it on and off when i wanted to relax from my main missions

bpP5mD0.png

Included crashing my trusted Tamarromobile rover in many new ways. I got used to keeping speeds of 50-60 m/s on relatively flat ground, but now i'm again in rough terrain and I should start to be more careful again.

EgVKCaM.png

sDVogU8.png

OEJKYvS.png

A particularly spectacular accident falling into a crater

In my main challenge, I launched four more fuel canisters for my Navis Sideralis Neanderthalensis. With this I'm at 13... out of planned 80.

79kMACC.png

See that long line of fuel tanks, that's seven. I must reach 20. And then I must do the same on the three other piles. And hope the ship won't self-destruct by wobbling.

3 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I finally learned how to use the Advanced Grabbing Unit effectively.  I've been trying for a couple of weeks now to use it to rescue Kerbals in LKO, and every time I would simply just botch it.  Not so much because of the AGU, but more because I kept zipping past the target.  But after multiple tries today, I was able to line up the rescue ship on the right line towards the target scrap, move carefully into position, and snatch!  Except for one where I had to revert because I accidentally hit the Z key about 3 meters out and cranked up the speed to about 10 m/s.  Blamo!

Q9DW3dH.gif