What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Help. I don't know what I did.

tTBzAeX.png

It's called Kerbal Space Program, that's what you did. Or as we know it over here at the KSC: Tuesdays.

Now stop yapping on the forum, go EVA and get started on pushing her back.

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Been rebuilding off an old mod with an open use licence to have something to go with my Millennium Falcon cockpit.

GRSZK88.png

Looking good, but I'm gonna have to take offense with the dual cockpits and dishes. You can't just make excrements up, dude - stick to the lore.

:wink:

Is it transwarp capable, btw?

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

Looking good, but I'm gonna have to take offense with the dual cockpits and dishes. You can't just make excrements up, dude - stick to the lore.

Might want to check the extended lore. But in that case I was just showing that  because of it being made up of many parts, you could vary it. I also only have one solar system so as far as I know there are no Borg transwarp conduits about. Once I get enough done I put my mods out with no restrictions, so If someone wants to build a Hyperdrive for it, they can.

91d687JBWEL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by ColdJ

16 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

But in that case I was just showing that  because of it being made up of many parts, you could vary it.

I would've gone with one front, one rear-facing cockpit, and really confuse the hell outta them blasted imperials (and their Thalmor allies).

On 1/24/2022 at 7:24 PM, king of nowhere said:

I got to two thirds of my slate circumnavigation. which i started in october. I've been playing it on and off when i wanted to relax from my main missions

bpP5mD0.png

Included crashing my trusted Tamarromobile rover in many new ways. I got used to keeping speeds of 50-60 m/s on relatively flat ground, but now i'm again in rough terrain and I should start to be more careful again.

EgVKCaM.png

sDVogU8.png

OEJKYvS.png

A particularly spectacular accident falling into a crater

In my main challenge, I launched four more fuel canisters for my Navis Sideralis Neanderthalensis. With this I'm at 13... out of planned 80.

79kMACC.png

See that long line of fuel tanks, that's seven. I must reach 20. And then I must do the same on the three other piles. And hope the ship won't self-destruct by wobbling.

I finally found a station messier then mine!

Gee, Bill! Two rescue missions!?

Two contracts for saving kerbals from the Mun showed up, and they were pretty lucrative so I accepted both. Two problems, one of them is on the surface, which isn't that much of a problem really, but the contract stipulated I must also recover the wreckage. Getting there was easy, obviously, but I needed a way to grab the capsule. What I ended up doing was 'lasso' the damn thing up to a suborbital orbit, release, grab, and circularize. UNFORTUNATELY, I went chasing after the wrong capsule in orbit, as I had forgotten to delete the wreckage from a previous rescue. Worse, that other capsule was in a retrograde orbit, and the actual second kerbal's wreck... wasn't. Oh well, thank god for my dV margins! Kicked up the AP high, and inverted my orbit there, before coming back down and meeting with the actual second mission target. That one I only had to transfer the Kerbal to my ship, before returning to Kerbin.

About 450,000Kosh in reward, and two Kerbals. Good day's work.

ec37VMi.jpg
lCwaLCd.jpg
MHN3Zt7.jpg
gXaub4w.jpg
WayOPPi.jpg
c0e0MZ9.jpg
XW2NrDv.jpg
h3fmeeJ.jpg
GjO9jgq.jpg

Edited by Axelord FTW

My first ever RO/RP-1 Career since it's first orbit (1957,) has been struggling with lack of science to progress the game. And with bad luck + engine failures, the agency is losing it's steam. The goal of man in space or even orbit by 1961 is no longer feasible. I still have hope that man can reach space before the US did (1962 Feb.) but that seems less likely the longer and longer this goes.

After literally imploding multiple times trying to figure it out, I can finally enjoy ksp again after a single bug with engine ignitor (that prevented me from launching any rockets that required launch clamps for ingition) seemingly fixed itself. 

Guess I'm off to the moon!

I finished docking the 20th drop tank to my Navis Sideralis Neanderthalensis project. And I tested for structural stability, because 20 drop tanks docked on small docking ports are a scary proposition.

Here's what I found (the video is at 4x speed, normal speed would be boring)

On the plus side, nothing broke, and I was able to point the ship retrograde (a direction I picked at random just to see if I could control attitude) eventually. The project may be feasible without struts.

I built a rover for artemis, I had to land some specialized parts, but it worked, and boy, was it pretty!

Spoiler

HGubCwK.png

Specialized parts and eva fuel landing.

PlTMrHd.png

CReqWe8.png

I3Fc5g6.png

Pilot Ya Kermanilov boarding the rover, it was finished in the morning.

y6yOW1e.png

eLrrPMG.png

TfZiBSO.png

v9wO1gR.png

dlQtfRS.png

After that joyride, Ya went to go disassemble an old, useless mining probe.

2RUhIaU.png

QtZcEX1.png

GoJ1dAX.png

PPqwlC2.png

I wonder what tools they use for that.

3ReAGDi.png

On the road, after performing a J-turn.

Y4G4AIj.png

e8LDvVk.png

EiIuO0E.png

OVmHFel.png

gxtuuVN.png

Artemis base is now self sufficient on not only supplies, but since I can disassemble parts I print with sandcastle, all I need is an ore drill, and then I'll be able to "print" material kits. :D

Did my first ever Duna Landing today. Here's how it went:

Spoiler

On the pad: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Liftoff: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

1st stage separation: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Faring away: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Circularization burn: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In orbit: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Near Duna: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In low Duna orbit: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Lander deorbits: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Descending in the dark: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ran out of electric charge during the decent, landed a bit hard: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Docked in orbit: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I will finish the mission tomorrow.

Scattered landers across the face of Titan, hitting 6 of a possible 7 biomes from 8 attempts and with two probes ending up in the, er, ocean? Apparently they float with the magnetometer deployed, but sink quite quickly with it retracted, which is odd but rather useful since it allowed splashed and landed science from those probes.

Continuing from last episode...

Today I noticed that in-flight resource meter shows OX above LF, while VAB numbers and part info shows LF first which explained why my tankers kept arriving with not enough fuel... In meantime I did the usual stuff, surprisingly without any (unplanned) explosions and amazingly docked everything in sunlight.

I upgraded Alpha with a module designed to balance weight of its passenger cabin while looking nice, because MJ Differential Throttle couldn't keep it on course once Mun probes landed back on Kerbin.

6NfwXbf.png

Turns out it was not needed, as I just had wrong control point selected after last docking. But at least I can get rid of that dorky bolt-on battery sticking on its nose while telling VIP's they got better seats available :)

Once Snail upgrade was in place I added some more fuel....

q0yxtvX.png

And told MJ to do its job while I wrote this post...

s6BcrZl.png

Of course four maneuvers with low TwR and SoI change made a mess, but it was expected so I planned-in significant margin of error and only LKO injection had to be recreated to avoid unexpected lithobraking.

Two fresh tourists dumb enough to pick my space program for LKO visit were (ab)used as sponsors for return flight of Munar tour. From now on ascent rocket will await in LKO to get civies back to sea level, previous flight got mixed with crew return so there was imbalance in available seats.

0Nnueoi.png

After getting paycheck worth of 13 tourists with fresh PTSD I snatched sponsors for two space stations a small LKO yacht for orbital slave hunt and another for finally leaving Kerbin SoI... but for that I need some moon rocks to discover how to build relay antennas.

I needed a tourist spaceplane that could handle larger groups than my Arkangel 3 seater, so I made the Gull:

TsvUJEl.png

It seats 6 tourists, and the twin Rapiers give it enough kick to be a very sporty ride, ideal for the thrill-seeking Kerbal. It is not, however, a particularly elegant design...

Q2Ls9dJ.png

jVpb8qU.png

Still, it is easy to fly and inexpensive to operate, and fills a nice niche for LKO contracts right now, most of which are for groups of 3 or 4.

Obligatory silhouette shot:

HrF0irg.png

The return is almost too easy, Gull has remarkably clean aerodynamics for as awkward as it looks (I'm adding some split-flap airbrakes to the next model to kill velocity faster.)

8c0FFI4.png

fMw1k80.png

CLSuMxT.png

KoS

26 minutes ago, Akagi said:

Oh crap.

oeUT2t3.png

Sometimes the kraken requires Kerbal sacrifices... May they rest in peace.

@Angel-125 When I made my E.M.V.U (spacewalk chair) recently, I wasn't aware that a quality one already existed. Then I saw your pic in Mission Reports. I assume from the proffessional look that it is one of yours. Could you say which mod it is from please?

zvYT2Bo.png

More Kerbal rescuin'
This time, four in a single mission. First was in a low, prograde equatorial orbit around Minmus. Second was in a higher, moderately inclined retrograde orbit around Minmus. Third was in a very high, very inclined retrograde orbit around Minmus, plus the collecting the craft itself as stipulated in the contract. Fourth, was near the Mun's north pole on the surface.
All done in a single mission. Four new souls to torture as part of my space program, along with around 850,000Kosh in contract rewards. I had originally wanted to only get the first three, and let the one on the Mun get picked up by an upcoming tourist mission in passing, but once again my extra dV margins have done me good. 

obzhpZi.jpg
LWhqUDf.jpg

I also came across an Angel above Kerbin when returning another, simple one-Kerbal rescue craft. Jebediah, get in the robot!

uKu0QXO.jpg

Edited by Axelord FTW