What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

nm8zhe5.png

LwSguJ1.png

Cramming two goos, one thermometer, one barometer, one OKTO, one parachute, two small reaction gyroscopes, one antenna, one OKTO, one battery bank and a KER chip in a 1.25 bay in a way that doesn't look like garbage is difficult, but possible.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

I have a bit of a lull between activities, ships are underway but it will be two months before anything happens. So I did some rescues, I'm starting to get close to 100 crew, currently at 93 with 4 more rescue contracts lined up:

4OCp0TZX_o.jpg

Keeping close track like a proper nerd of course. Gimme ordered tables with filter options!

Pyw5DwBC_o.png

Meanwhile some of the crew is fooling around the grounds testing out some light weight concept vehicles. Here's a nice bike, 2 wheel drive, rear wheel steering, self-balancing with training wheels to prevent damage in sharp corners:

4MtvBwtP_o.jpg

Here's a chopper trike variant, rear wheel drive, front wheel steering. It not nearly as stable as it looks but it's more fun with the buddy seat:

6mPSAQJx_o.jpg

I'm a bit worried about how these might fare on a body with low gravity... oh well, no risk no reward.

Tons of stuff.  Duna and Ike burn
keyeWpyh.png
Jool burn
n3Pc2sph.png

Minmus well its start getting a bit laggy, happens then everyone want stream the Jool launch at once  :( 
dqCL7MKh.png
Returning after marking out the next expansion.
zvcW87gh.png

And I came up for an in game  reason why large bases and stations is laggy,

Edited by magnemoe

Time for the first kerbaled interplanetary mission to Niven.

The un-crewed return module is launched first.

a4vanJP.png

Trans Niven burn.

2xMQKB0.png

Then the crewed lander is them launched a day later. The Pancake.

j4hywHr.png

After the burn is complete. We settle into cruse mode.

j8WaHsY.png

The first to arrive and insert into Niven orbit is the return vehicle. 

FpO4y1r.png

Followed up by the lander. Arriving literally within 20 minutes of each other.

Im2AFcu.png

Landing day tomorrow,

I started a new science mode save, and did some usual opening flight stuff, after which I launched Jeb into interplanetary space, and sent him for a Mun flyby on the return trip.

After that I launched two mun lunder probes, neither of which had enough fuel to finish the mission. One crashed into the surface, I put the other into orbit.

After that I launched a permanant (until further notice) manned mun base, which worked.

Screenshots

Spoiler

A rocketplane I messed around with. It didn't work.

NekxhXW.jpg

One of the probes before heading to the Mun

ZUFHcGX.jpg

The munbase on the launchpad

9cWIBbb.jpg

Three Kerbals begin their new life on the Mun

wGFEgs8.jpg

Newfangled science gizmos

WzTcKmm.jpg

Edited by roboslacker

I finished up a barebones Niven Mission. Beginning with entry of the lander.

0HsJLH8.png

The chutes plus a touch of the rocket gets us down safely.

BVJ1OZu.png

And we land on a slope of Teflon and start sliding downhill at 4 m/s. 

IyxGzYK.png

We resorted to retracing half the landing gear and were able to carry on with the mission.

c9D9auc.png

And we head up to the SM for the transfer window for Gael to open up.

WeLZqrt.png

We have a routine docking and transfer of science. Raging put chutes on the SM because it was in the mission plan. Not because the chutes were forgotten in the VAB, No Sir. Not that.

pZhuiI2.png

After the window to Gael opens up, We depart.

MaGTYn0.png

And finally home is in sight.

ZhD37SY.png

2 Minutes to entry.

3HblPeE.png

And happy landings were had.

b0ysnll.png

I made my first successful space plane. Well, to be precise, I have made space planes before and flown them to space. I have even landed a few in the vicinity of the KSC, but only by attaching a whole load of parachutes to them. Today I actually took off, docked to my LKO space station, loaded 9 crew members that had just returned from a group flag-planting trip and landed safely back on KSC runway 09.

Sweat was dripping in places I don't want to talk about, I REALLY suck at landing stuff that isn't pointy end up flamey end down, consequently I don't have any action pics. Here's a shot on the runway, wing and engine configuration are blatantly stolen from a Lowne Aerospace design (according to my lead designers "it's only illegal if you get caught"), but I converted it from a cargo to a crew transporter, added a docking port, RCS thrusters/fuel and reaction wheels, a second nuke engine, a bunch of air brakes and a few drogue chutes.

byJXXmdG_o.jpg

I've also reached 92% reputation. Not a very remarkable number but considering how long it takes to get even a single percent over 90, I think it warrants a small celebration :)

Not today, yesterday, but, 

(inhale)

Launched a shuttle with a big orange tank to my LKO station, sent my refinery, rover and hab module to Munbase, landed and began brief surface activity, refueling the lander, doing science, flipping the rover twice, noticed an ideal Jool transfer window, sending relays, a sentinel and a vall expedition, spotted a whole helluvalot of comets, then failed to get a Tylo gravity assist.

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

2 hours ago, Beamer said:

Sweat was dripping in places I don't want to talk about, . . .
Here's a shot on the runway, wing and engine configuration are blatantly stolen from a Lowne Aerospace design (according to my lead designers "it's only illegal if you get caught"), . . .

1. It’s unavoidable for me, it’s why I prefer rockets.

2. All Mk2 rocket planes i’ve made before or after watching Matt Lowne have similar wing+engine configurations. It’s just cool and efficient!

Edited by Wizard Kerbal
I meant to edit my previous post! I’m not gonna fix it right now though, on account of the IV jabbed in my arm.

Technically yesterday, but a small lack of foresight and a pinch of sleep deprivation caused the crew of a small interstellar vessel to jump to FTL speeds... Directly into the sun. Not my proudest moment.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

Sending a new facility to my Minmus settlement. This is an expansion of Jeb's Junkyard business:

n58EPXLa_o.jpg

Landing...

QcjAjCo0_o.jpg

Deploying... The main Jeb's Junkyard tower in the background with its 2 rovers parked outside. In the far background you can see my mobile refinery. The 2 Sepratrons at the top of the new facility only contain 20% of their fuel, firing for about half a second as the building separates from the booster:

4wrPbnKJ_o.jpg

Still deploying...

9l4wxjTF_o.jpg

Pfew, that took a full minute to reach the ground:

THpia5rs_o.jpg

After getting rid of the booster and unloading the contents of the garage, we're open for business. Experience Minmus by bike like a true pioneer!

DrjNcVrd_o.jpg

The view on the inside. Of course a proper garage/workshop needs some good pin-up posters on the wall:

HB0rbbz0_o.jpg

Flew a Minmus mission, sent a rover to my Mun base, and launched scanning satellites to Kerbin's Moons

Details and Pictures

Spoiler

Jeb and Bob on their way to Minmus

yXApNCe.jpg

While the Minmus mission was in transit, Milgun found a crater nearby to the Munbase

bPhy7wN.jpg

Jeb and Bob on  Minmus. While there they did one biome hop and set up an experiment station. Unfortunatly, due to the light they had to land on the far side of Minmus, so the expiriments have not done anything.

ktGYiEF.jpg

Re-entry was unnerving.

IKI8xVX.jpg

Sending a Rover to the Mun.  The launcher took a few tries to get right.

4std7ls.jpg

While the Rover was in transit, I sent a scanning Satellite to the Mun. It arrived first.

FfdAZh6.jpg

Landing the rover. It touched down about 500m away from the base. Both the Rover, Skycrane, and transfer stage landed safely

kuF06gd.jpg

WGSyUOm.jpg

Wherkin and Milgun take the rover out to do science, and find the lowlands biome while at it.

ikI7HA5.jpg

Cersby moved one of the rover's powerbanks to the base, and rearranged the solar panels.

GzGp7uO.jpg

Cersby and Milgun take a trip to a nearby crater.

i4B3hQ0.jpg

etcD6WI.jpg

NOtiAhl.jpg

Did some stuff.

I thought i would try to make an underwater car.

MoyeuaK.png

Spoiler

Failed at about -20 meters.

suc967E.png

So I added moar.

EhI4kaL.png

That stopped around -50 meters.

7KK0mg2.png

I also made some spinny things!

caTAX9f.png

Spoiler

This reaches about 256 meters.

IetuIpL.png

Second version.

JbVYeIo.png

381 meters for this one.

EyaIJwe.png

Result:dyJBQxV.png

Ack! Too hot!

pFfaiTd.png

Kaboom!

aWtO0VI.png

Turned on Ignore max temp for that.

j5kxgud.png

And it worked pretty well!

d0OmGRF.png

No wings this time.

c5XSZmq.png

More no wings

MeWfPo9.png

As well as taking that concept to the extreme...

2SqjNYM.png

It worked though!

lEQTzDx.png

And then I took it ever further.

ywBgYfa.png

Didn't go anywhere. Poor Kerbal.

hN1IKpE.png

Attempt two didn't go much better.

7U2JUXP.png

That's what I did.

I am going to go to Florida tomorrow, so I will be mostly not here for the next 5 days.

Spoiler