What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

42 minutes ago, spacejet said:

Is there no way to get a first person view of a Kerbil and who is seated controlling the craft? Please help.

I don't think there is way to get first person view on a Kerbal that is not in a command pod.

I finally managed to build a somewhat functional Space Shuttle. It's not ideal at the moment, there's still stuff to iron out, but I got to orbit and landed at KSC, that's decent in my book

SynnGtx.jpg

TmN6avG.jpg

AjmmjCE.jpg

CGJyZck.jpg

30 minutes ago, spacejet said:

Dang it. Ok thank you.

One of the camera mods allows this when the kerbal is the "active craft", maybe HullCam, not sure.   It will put an entry into the Kerbal's right-click menu for "activate camera" and you will be looking through the kerbal's view, but I really don't know what the situation would be for a kerbal in a command seat.  There may be an "activate camera" entry in the seat's right-click popup, not sure and no way to check at this time.  Anyway, sorry for incomplete suggestion...

On a side note, that craft is going to have quite a bit of aero drag given the "cockpit" design but for re-entry only that could be a good thing.  I'm not sure how much thermal protection the fore end will give to the kerbs on re-entry however.  You may end up having to come in retrograde, or pitched up quite a bit, to keep the kerbs from overheating.  As I recall, those panels can take a lot of heat.  It is the gaps in between the panels that I wonder about.  It looks like an adventure about to happen, that is for certain, and it should be a lot of fun

1 hour ago, spacejet said:

super!

There is a modless way to do it. You put a small part like a thermometer just in front of where they sit. Click Aim camera on it and then swing your view behind the Kerbal and zoom in. If you get your position right you can actually go inside their heads and see the eyeballs from the inside.

I discovered that Vall's south pole is not for the faint of heart. It's basically a gigantic cliff face that rises 5 kilometers above the surrounding terrain, and it has a huge gap in the terrain where anything that falls in is destroyed.

WuBovZK.jpg

It's also surrounded by extremely rugged terrain that made even getting to it in the first place difficult.

spXPFWg.jpg

Once I actually reached the pole, which was at an elevation of more than 7,500 meters, I discovered that the actual pole was on an extremely narrow "tightrope" of terrain with sheer cliffs on both sides. So that was fun for Jack Kerman to walk to.

FMtwPDb.jpg

Lms3toA.jpg

Once actually at the pole, the camera angle flipped 90 degrees, as it often does when you go to the exact pole of a celestial body. However, this was made more terrifying by the fact that I was literally suspended over the void. Needless to say, I planted a flag and got out of there quick.

y5Dvr5M.jpg

Then I just messed around driving a rover into it for a bit.

Edited by Starhawk
Removed pic containing masked profanity

On 3/10/2022 at 6:50 PM, Kebab Kerman said:

When I look at the logs, it shows a crap ton of NREs about "BDArmory.core.module.hitpointtracker" having a null value, but I have no idea how to fix that, so there isn't much I can do. If it isn't that, then I suspect it's probably physics calculations.

I suggest either starting to use CKAN if you don't already, or just making sure that you didn't download "BD Armory for runaway project" which is what I did on my first BD installation. That uh... breaks some textures. I didn't encounter anything else in reference to the runaway project version of BD, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the cause.

Failing that, post something in the Technical Support forum. It's the first stop for mod-related shenanigans. 

I'm mostly wasting time feeding more science to 10 labs on different ships while most of them are on interplanetary trips. I'm using the admin policy to convert all science earned to reputation... at about 50:1 exchange rate, which is further diluted on the asymptotic reputation scale. I'll probably need 20K science to go from 94% to 95% reputation. I'm converting 75% funds to rep too.

I took Gigarover from the Mun to Minmus. 

UxsX6jF.png

Added more pics to > photo album <

2 hours ago, Zacspace said:

Attempted to build a space helicopter

tyJFVv9.png

I attempted to arrest the blades with servos and then use them as wings. This works, but the blades cause way too much drag, even when they're stopped. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Are you changing their angle of attack when using them as wings? If you are not then it is not surprising that you have high drag. It is like having wings with edges on both sides angled up. You would be better off stopping them so they are lined up along the body and using your stub wings as your lift surfaces in fast forward flight.

Finally got everything I wanted to work with the X-wing finished. Half way through this I started to think I should have built a GronK Droid first.

S foils work and have a good sound effect. Landing gear retracts and stows with slide in covers. My internals are getting better and I am happy with this. RCS can get you off the ground for take off and landing, Engines glow brighter with throttle and the sound effect for them sounds good. My R2D2 clone has RCS enough to get up onto the X-wing and has a retractable power foot for driving. The R2 hole has a lift you put in and a docking plate you attach to it so that the R2, which can dock size 0 at it's feet, can attach and be raised and lowered, it can undock go wherever, come back jump up and then drop into the hole and redock. R2 has a ladder collider on it's back so that a Kerbal can hitch a ride (very handy for retrieving Kerbals floating off in Space.) The X-wing has a ladder that comes out with the landing gear and stows when gear up for easy access. Lots of pics in spoiler.

Gn86pbP.png

Spoiler

rSyXLhZ.pngQjaZ2rT.pnge1HEvgF.pngg0Os5Ei.pngmO8RTRV.pngPsIYfEn.pngC78M8qi.pnglDocu6T.pngTMFVkLh.pngZIOk5f4.pngw2OzNj3.pngaCxGNfO.pngjMTMtEa.pngbRaM8sW.png

I hope that KSP2 doesn't get rid of glitches like the S. Pole of Vall and the Mohole.  The present something that is somehow "kerbal".  Another thought is that if KSP2 does make planetary mining resources finite (highly unlikely) maybe dropping things into body glitches could add to the body resources like an ISRU recycler,  Ha