What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Just got a huge impact on Moho... for science of course. 3.4 gigajoules or 0.8 t of TNT. If you want to get maximum seismic experiment science return in 1 hit, you should aim about 5-10 km away from the sensor and go very very fast. Remember e=1/2*m*v^2. You only need a little probe like this if it's going 5 km/s. :D

7nAWyIJ.png

Impact details:

Spoiler

[LOG 16:52:21.208] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: Cluster 1361444184 on Moho Processing Seismic Event Data
[LOG 16:52:21.208] [DeployedScience]: Seismic Event Detected on Moho - Impact of 3416107398.60181J. Total Mass 0.23625. Initial Velocity 5377.679. Distance 9449.96990332811. Distance Multiplier 0.993461966514587
[LOG 16:52:21.208] DeployedScience]: Diminishing Multiplier: 1 SolarPanel Multiplier 1 DataScale 1 Science Limit 800 Impact Percentage 1.691142 Placement Trait Modifier 0.8
[LOG 16:52:21.208] [DeployedScience]: Impact Science Data Generated 80
[LOG 16:52:21.208] [CurrencyConverter for Open-Source Tech Program]: 720 Science taken, yields 14.90672 Reputation
[LOG 16:52:21.208] [Research & Development]: +80 data on Surface Deployed Seismic Sensor from Moho's surface. 15 Reputation added. Subject value is 1.00
[LOG 16:52:21.208] [CurrencyConverter for Open-Source Tech Program]: 720 Science taken, yields 14.90672 Reputation
[LOG 16:52:21.211] [DeployedScienceExperiment]: Surface Deployed Seismic Sensor from Moho's surface generated 720.000 science.
Sensor Readings affected by Impact Energy: 169%
Distance Attenuation: 99%
Setup: 80%
720.000 Science Points transmitted back to Kerbin

More info about optimal distance here: 

PS my 3rd probe was a bit bigger... 4.9 GJ impact

Edited by Krazy1

Like few days ago the KIV duna suffering kraken attacks I have to replace the engine module completely as parts are at weird angles  and could make the center of mass somewhere else and to yesturday made a big as warp ship that is 75 meters long I might make a very long one cause why not.

What to do in Kerbal when you have done all in stock version? After short foray into Kerbalism mod, I restarted the game with realism overhaul mod with newest RP-1 express install (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Express-Installation-for-1.12.3).

I also ignored all the established knowledge about mix-maxing early sounding rocket - This is 380 km AP capable rocket (in Earth atmosphere) powered by early 1950 tech RD-100 with 400 L cargo with 3 internal science experiments integrated) with 148 days building time (after 2 points invested in VAB build times).

Earned 60 000 on the very first flight.

Is this impressive in KSP? - nope. Am I still immensely proud after my first foray in RP-1? Yes, I am...

s5HV5Hc.png

Messed around with skybox, finally found 1 i liked and felt more cramped then the usual open galaxy ones the stock game (and the last skybox i had) feature.

05o3YUL.png

Its a nice balance between nebula and a little bit of open space, and i edted the color to be red/orange instead of blue/cyan as the skybox i downloaded shipped stock.

ZIJ5uO1.png

Darker side of nebula...

FLKR5Wc.png

And ofc the lighter side...

SRMs really are trash nowadays, they just dont do any reliable dmg...

ZglKOjC.png

wLsm8l6.png

Retaliation with turreted pulse guns...

7QG3nFF.png

H2ck99t.png

And finishing it off with the primary forward pulse cannon.

L1TWn4b.png

Ofc its a bit less one sided when the Nebula encounters my newly built Victory class light cruiser, which is equipped with similar firepower and armor (albeit a good deal heavier since it uses those quad DLC engines).

FUYzNA2.png

Last stand of the Nebula, tries to return fire before being ripped to shreds by a few lucky shots that obliterate the primary weapon port gun turrets, and the controller that allows it to fire the starboard side leaving it helpless and more rounds keep coming in.  the Victory took a beating too but luckily didnt loose its turrets before the Nebula did...

vlbxi8O.png

2azXTKc.png

Tdemvd2.png

qV5uLNS.png

And finished my gaming session for the day toying with asthetics of the Nebula, made it black panels with glowy edges...

May I say that this game has been the best buck for the money game in my life? If you measure "dollar per hour played" at least.

Today, I attempted the 3000 km range rocket milestone in my RP-1 career. Below we are seeing 3 stage rocket with first stage booster provided by Soviet era RD-101 rocket engines being run beyond its stated runtime and two spin-stabilized upper stages being powered by US Aerobee engines.

NrC3Z3P.png

Despite fearing of having too little speed and finally losing control of the last stage, the tumbling warhead reached 3000 km milestone:

W7Q6yej.png