What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I put a 336 passenger airliner that had no business going to space into space.

planeinspaaaace.png

Re-entry did not go as smoothly.  It's fine, you don't really need those bits anyway.  I wonder if Laythe would be more forgiving (also nearly empty, this was fully fueled.)

planeinspaaaacerentry.png

That's pretty cool - how did you get the tracks to work? Was that a mod or some chicanery? 

(Also, if you want to cut off the bits where you start up / shut down OBS, the native Video Editor app in Windows 10 will do the trick. It comes along for the ride (i.e. if you're on Windows 10, you already have it) and will accept MP4s as both input/output. I've been using it for my videos with Scott Manley's Runway Project this season. Been using OBS for my video captures too.)

Edited by capi3101

First time on Duna. Biome hopping now and it's actually not that easy. The atmosphere has enough drag at mach 1 to make my lander unstable. I have to use higher trajectories and transfer fuel to the top at launch and then to the bottom at AP. The visual mods are certainly a bonus.

wlgYVA2.png

The science return probe chute deployed, oops. 

B4PXskq.png

23 hours ago, spacejet said:

Maybe someone will try it with the "Physics Delta-Time per Frame" set on maximum

Changing that "shouldn't" affect how the physics engine runs. It's just a minimum video frame rate limiter. It slows down Kerbal time relative to player time if the FPS drops below (Physics Delta-Time per Frame)^-1. It turns the clock display yellow when it's active. But we're dealing with KSP and Unity here so I wouldn't be surprised if there were caveats.

yPchaRm.png
This is probably the second largest rocket I've ever built in KSP, the largest is the one for sending up the heavier version of this!

IwWzyNL.png

ZdH2c9m.png

k5GfnHI.png

FxjkOB5.png

a30hHZt.png

I've completed the Jewel 2, a large Jewel-class mothership. Its sister ship, the Jewel 1, is currently returning home from its Jool 5 mission. I have USI life support, so no stuffing kerbals in tin cans. This vessel has all the life support and logistical capabilities to go to Jool and back. However, the Jewel 2 isn't going to Jool today, rather, it'll go to Minmus and set up a base and station there, hence the cargo. While the cargo may seem asymmetrical, mass-wise its actually perfectly stable. It carries the modules for a space station, a surface base, a rover, and a small lander for hopping around Minmus.

9mtAVtq.png

While the station won't be crewed just yet, I sent up the base crew aboard my majesty class SSTO. With Kerbal Construction Time, every crew transfer mission takes time to build, but reusable vessels can be relaunched instantly, rewarding you for using SSTO's like these.

Hc2CHj9.png

I2WMTMR.png

isGDlo0.png

After transfering the crew (which took an unreasonably long time because crew transfering is so finicky), we left the station and began our return home.

6u31UjL.png

Sqc6EdI.png

NelfUp2.png

Edited by DunaManiac

Did my first real mission in KSP since I got my new computer.

The goal was to get a space station and Duna lander to Duna Orbit.

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Liftoff. 

Higher up. 

Second Stage Ignition

In Orbit

A solar Eclipse

First Burn

Separating Upper stage

Another Burn

Leaving Kerbin

Quick Minmus Flyby

Deep Space

Arriving at Duna

Inserting into Duna orbit

Detaching the Transfer stage

For some reason detaching the lander would cause the engines to explode, so I moved the engines temporarily

Docked

Moving the engines back

Mission almost complete. I still need to land the lander on Duna.

Edited by Kerb24

Got some more time to play and managed to finish the mission in RP-1 career which required to have mission payload in certain orbit for two days. Image of the rocket that delivered part of the payload was linked to before.

Now I can detach the science part (packaged in early tech solar panels)of the 331 satellite which will start collecting science (way more difficult in RP-1, which uses Kerbalism system that collects science data over time instead of instantly as in stock version of the game). Mission of the science satellite  will last 90 days.

The goal is to unlock tech that allows maneuvering modes (so far I have been navigating by navball and MK1 eyeball).

xkieoXQ.png

Also took second hop into the space for extra money and science. Since I have not unlocked the capsules in my RP-1 career, I am using X-15 cockpit (IRL cockpit belonging to US rocket airplane capable of reaching the edge of space) to send a Kerbal 560 km up in air when fuel tanks are fully loaded. 

But since I have not heat shields yet, using solid boosters to slow down decent into atmosphere will be necessary when flying so high up.

qTHIf3W.png

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

More pics....

Leaving Moho. Thanks Parallax.

S5LoRVG.png

Leaving Duna. Thanks Waterfall Effects, Texture Replacer and DFLargeMagellanicCloudSkybox.WlMWoUV.png

Duna eclipse at sunset from Ike.  Thanks Scatterer and Spectra

inZgG8R.png

Edited by Krazy1

9 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

yPchaRm.png
This is probably the second largest rocket I've ever built in KSP, the largest is the one for sending up the heavier version of this!

IwWzyNL.png

ZdH2c9m.png

k5GfnHI.png

FxjkOB5.png

a30hHZt.png

I've completed the Jewel 2, a large Jewel-class mothership. Its sister ship, the Jewel 1, is currently returning home from its Jool 5 mission. I have USI life support, so no stuffing kerbals in tin cans. This vessel has all the life support and logistical capabilities to go to Jool and back. However, the Jewel 2 isn't going to Jool today, rather, it'll go to Minmus and set up a base and station there, hence the cargo. While the cargo may seem asymmetrical, mass-wise its actually perfectly stable. It carries the modules for a space station, a surface base, a rover, and a small lander for hopping around Minmus.

9mtAVtq.png

While the station won't be crewed just yet, I sent up the base crew aboard my majesty class SSTO. With Kerbal Construction Time, every crew transfer mission takes time to build, but reusable vessels can be relaunched instantly, rewarding you for using SSTO's like these.

Hc2CHj9.png

I2WMTMR.png

isGDlo0.png

After transfering the crew (which took an unreasonably long time because crew transfering is so finicky), we left the station and began our return home.

6u31UjL.png

Sqc6EdI.png

NelfUp2.png

Are you in science/career or Sandbox? I might switch lifesupport mods to Snacks or USI after I done my duna Mission as it would corrupt the mothership

yPchaRm.png

IwWzyNL.png

ZdH2c9m.png

k5GfnHI.png

FxjkOB5.png

a30hHZt.png

9mtAVtq.png

Hc2CHj9.png

I2WMTMR.png

isGDlo0.png

6u31UjL.png

Sqc6EdI.png

NelfUp2.png

Are you in science/career or Sandbox? I might switch lifesupport mods to Snacks or USI after I done my duna Mission as it would corrupt the mothership

1 hour ago, Sarxis said:

Started a Science only game with 3% science rewards.  Not 30%, but 3%.   MWUAHAHA!  The pain is real, but the challenges are rewarding. 

I recommend Kerbalism mod here unless you are stock only guy (which I too was few years back). It adds more depth to the game, also the science part. But expect to lose your Kerbals left and right :D unless you remove some stuff in cfg.

Today I landed crew on Duna for the first time.

Spoiler

Undocking the lander

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett4

Deorbited

Parachutes deployed

Landed

Jeb on the surface

During the EVA

Deploying the mining equipment

Back in orbit

Docking

Docked. Still need to get the crew back to Kerbin.

Edited by Kerb24

yPchaRm.png

IwWzyNL.png

ZdH2c9m.png

k5GfnHI.png

FxjkOB5.png

a30hHZt.png

9mtAVtq.png

Hc2CHj9.png

I2WMTMR.png

isGDlo0.png

6u31UjL.png

Sqc6EdI.png

NelfUp2.png

14 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Sorry for all of that as my internet was being very annoying