What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched two probes to Jupiter and one to Mercury, sent a crew to a space station for all of two minutes to cheese some contracts and shuffle some supplies, parked a probe in orbit of Vesta and dropped two landers on Venus- weirdly, one of those landers had the proper parachute (2 metre diameter) rather than the massive Mars-spec parachute the other landers on that mission had (50 metre diameter).

Resupplied my LKO space station. 

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Liftoff of the Mighty Ant. 

SRBs detached 

Continuing to burn. 

Core stage detached. 

Parachutes deployed. 

Splash down. 

Orbital insertion. 

Rendezvous. 

Docked. 

Just now, donnager fan said:

How are you going to get it to be aerodynamically sound with those wings?

It is released from a KerBalloon-like thing in space

Fa80V2W.png

THE E HAS RETURNED

4 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

Resupplied my LKO space station. 

Hide contents

Liftoff of the Mighty Ant. 

SRBs detached 

Continuing to burn. 

Core stage detached. 

Parachutes deployed. 

Splash down. 

Orbital insertion. 

Rendezvous. 

Docked. 

That your ISS?

Finished my Jool 5 with Principia. Imgur kinda sucks. I put all the pics in an "album" then wanted captions, so put them in a "post" and it completely scrambled the order... 70 photos! grumble

Just raw photos, no captions yet. Also need to upload Bop L2 orbit vid. 

https://imgur.com/a/RvzJd0n

On 8/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, dci said:

Some says, game ends, when you finish tech tree. Nope. This is time, when game really begins. Game end is when your save is ~30MB, filled with flight and science logs and when your quickload takes half a minute with 8th gen i7, 16gigs of RAM and good NVMe SSD.

Agreed. I'm getting there in my main save... 25 mb file. Save/ load (and scene change) is super slow. It's already noticeably slower at 10 mb. 

I revisited Reykjavik Is (70S 170E) recently and thought: "I should deploy a Vitesse here".

One thing lead to another and Samsted Kerman attempted a max speed run in the single-engine Wheesley machine...

fC1153V.jpg

Spoiler

Her top speed: 175.5 m/s or M 0.55.  (Vitesse can also halt in just 5 seconds.)

6jB1lCp.jpg

As Mike Myers might say: "aaaaall riiiiight..."

Edited by Hotel26

Today I did half of a Gilly Mission. 

Spoiler

On the pad. This mission is one of my few interplanetary missions that don't use nuclear engines. 

Liftoff. 

SRBs detached. 

1st Stage detached. 

Fairings detached. 

The 2nd stage starts the Kerbin escape burn. 

Which is finished by the 3rd stage. 

Mid-course correction. 

And Eve Orbit insertion. 

The Return stage has to be used to correct the craft's orbit. 

Vessel in Gilly Orbit. 

I'm getting burnt out on KSP, I will take a break soon.

1RyYRXz.png

Designed a tank, the 94 Air-Transportable Light Tank. It's stock, aside from the BD Armory weapons and armor plating. It has an M1 Abrams primary cannon and a 30 cal anti-infantry cannon.

uceqO0l.png

Although it doesn't look half-bad (if I may say so myself), it's not a particularly good tank. A repurposed AA gun can shred these, and a well placed shell will cause an explosion that will blow the cannon clean off and break the tank body in half. So don't try to use these against entrenched positions.

0ZUABZY.png

It's primary advantage is that it can be deployed from a large cargo plane several at a time. So its niche is counter-insurgency operations. It can quickly storm a poorly equipped compound, and round up the enemy with little resistance.

Edited by DunaManiac

Today's achievement: The SS Bowman arrived at Jool.

QMPHDca.png

It's a qualified success. I intended to use Jool to swing me around into orbit of Pol, where I could land a Digger to refuel. That was... unsuccessful. But I made it to Jool. I'm also not sure if the power will hold out, even with all the solar panels. (My first time going to the outer-system.)

It's been my pattern to send a ship with a science lab, and have them churn out science points while I put together a Digger/Refueller, and send it after them to fuel them up for their next flight. I'm thinking about cancelling this policy, because my contracts seem to involve 'Get Science From this place' or 'plant flag here'. So my policy seems to have upgraded. I might leave a mothership in orbit of each planet I visit, as a Semi-Station.

I also kept the boosters from my latest Mun and Minmus missions, to build another craft. (I've been adding docking ports and probe guidance to my Boosters since before my first Duna flight.) It's relatively easy to add a 'core booster' with a lab and storage space on the front.

qe59YIu.png

I named her the SS Waterman, after the lead in Ben Bova's Mars Trilogy. Once it arrives at Duna, I'll have a 'mobile station' in orbit of Mun, Minmus, Ike, and Gilly. Ready for Contracts around each Planet/Moon, and churning out science at all of them.

To answer several contracts I'm also sending more 'official' Station Cores to each planet, ready to expand into space stations. I'm guessing this will end with a station around/on each planet and moon.

I need to figure out a recovery for the Bowman, so I can fuel her up for a proper tour of Jool's moons. But that's tomorrow's tale.

Timelapse of the Navigator spacecraft's approach to the Joolian system in roughly 2-day increments. Navigator's main antenna was tracking Kerbin via Persistant Rotation. The last image was taken 6 hours prior to the insertion burn at perijool. 

EvCrwPW.gif

Insertion burn.

t3yDdPY.jpg

Separation.

gY5wcTO.jpg

15 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Since today marks the 11th anniversary of me playing KSP

That is very impressive, Sir Aziz!!

Spoiler

(Yes, you've been knighted; the official letter is in the mail.  :))

Sincerely, congratulations.

Edited by Hotel26

5,4,3,2,1. Thunderbirds are almost Go.

TB5 has turned out well I think, had to make it's docking tube a separate snap in because the game engine doesn't seem to like 2 intergrated command docking ships joining together. Came up with a way to fly it to orbit rather than cheat it there. The frame can be jettisoned once you have achieved stable orbit. Still working on it's internal. Wouldn't mind making some other vehicles for the pod but probably wait till an update. I have no idea how to make working treads. Pity I can't do video as the dish at the bottom rotates when you turn on the orbital scanner. I think it looks pretty good though.

TwHV8am.jpgvEnWtUU.jpguJu7P2Z.png

31 minutes ago, Stranded Lander said:

I discovered an asteroid on a solar orbit that is predicted to enter Kerbin's SOI and collide with the planet. I'm not entirely sure how to tackle this issue.

Try to rendezvous (there is no problem being on collision course with Kerbin, it is called suborbital trajectory) and deflect it out of suborbital state as soon, as it enters SOI, treat it like other asteroids. Or just ignore it, Kerbin is pretty safe spot to live, asteroids makes no harm to planet.