What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

hXS6XfP.png

What mods are those? I think I see Kramax Autopilot there, but what adds in that instrument to the right of the navball (Excuse me if I am wrong, I have been out of aviation for a while, but is that an ADF?) and that GPS-looking thing to the right of it?

I mean why not? Why shouldn't I put a spaceplane in my spaceplane?

Zc0gQtn.png 

Here at SPAS we recognize the importance of fuel efficiency and looking cool af, so the brand new Celesta features a neat little runabout on the upper level of the cargo bay (the lower one, of course, housing the rover). The runabout can land and return to orbit on Kerbin & Laythe, and also SSTO anything smaller than Duna, but it's actually more about pleasure than business - sure, an ugly lander for non-atmospheric worlds with a bunch of science would probably be a lot more useful, but who cares? I am however, yet to figure out the way to recover the craft on high-g worlds, so suggestions are welcome! 

Spoiler

0zZ4IE3.png 

The unfolded runabout does remind me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it, except that it might just be some weird  WWII plane..

3 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

What mods are those?

It is indeed  Kramax Autopilot

The ADF is NavUtilities Updated

The GPS map is curtesy of SCANsat ( you need to complete either the Lo or Hi RES visual scan of Kerbin to have map data. Then I just lock it on my current aircraft with auto refresh turned on at the magnification level I want. 

Running behind the scenes is AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) for general flight stabilization when the Kramax features are turned off.    

Also Kerbal Engineer Redux is a must . The DeltaV Current gives me my remaining flight time on current fuel levels.  

I... I appear to have lost a ship.

I don't even know how it happened. I was working on a totally different set of contracts around Duna and Ike the last day or two, and when I got back to my game this morning, my reputation score was down ten points, and I had lost all contact with my ship in orbit of Jool. Three kerbalnauts and the largest ship I'd ever built...

And I don't know what happened. It was in a stable orbit, or at least I thought it was. Did I cut it too close? Did I accidentally click 'terminate' when I was getting rid of booster debris? It could have happened two days ago, so there's no way to just 'reload'...

Oof.

7 hours ago, SpacePixel said:

I mean why not? Why shouldn't I put a spaceplane in my spaceplane?

Zc0gQtn.png 

Here at SPAS we recognize the importance of fuel efficiency and looking cool af, so the brand new Celesta features a neat little runabout on the upper level of the cargo bay (the lower one, of course, housing the rover). The runabout can land and return to orbit on Kerbin & Laythe, and also SSTO anything smaller than Duna, but it's actually more about pleasure than business - sure, an ugly lander for non-atmospheric worlds with a bunch of science would probably be a lot more useful, but who cares? I am however, yet to figure out the way to recover the craft on high-g worlds, so suggestions are welcome! 

Hide contents

0zZ4IE3.png 

The unfolded runabout does remind me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it, except that it might just be some weird  WWII plane..

Ugly? I think the design is awesome!

Been faffing about in an RSS/RO setup for a while. The other day, out of necessity, I came up with... this...

HPmROgd.png

Yes, you saw that. That is indeed a Gemini... with an escape tower... on top of a cryogenic upper stage powered by RL-10s... on top of a single UA1205 SRB... launching from a Soyuz pad. You may recognize the pattern...

Good. Good. I can feel the hatred, flowing through you...

Wait... hmm, nope, that's just indigestion. You should've skipped that extra helping.

Anyways...

xbIT1vB.png

Problems of crew liquefaction due to excessive vibration turned out to be moot, as by staging time it's pushing past 10G and any uniquified crew are likely to end up a greasy paste on the back wall of the capsule.

u98HG2W.png

But other than that, it worked surprisingly well.

qdAFiq8.png

Still needs some tweaks tho, it can't quite put a Gemini in a stable orbit. Might just be trajectory tweaking.

As to the crew, well... who doesn't like a little fresh-squeezed Kerbal juice? Maybe in a nice dirty kerbtini.

Shaken, not stirred. -_-

I got Bluedog Design Bureau even though I really don't go to space often. Sorry, no pictures yet. 

I just realized how many KSP mods I have now, and I'm surprised how well this crappy-ish little laptop is handling them all.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

In my personal tradition of always making it more complicated I decided I did want to have a vehicle to go with the Thunderbird mod and so built The Mole. As I don't understand how to make a resource drill work yet I went a different way and made it a submarine. You can drive it on it's base into the water, then undock and go exploring, then return and with a little finesse get it to redock and drive it back out. It's internal and the tidy up of all the files is left to do, where I am sure to forget something. The treads don't move, there just for the look, but the wheels work fine.

NVpjJJI.pngrjgBP5c.pngmVv2ita.pnglMskSXG.png1dYx5EA.png

Currently working on a new LKO station. First was the core with the hab ring, then drones delivered the docking node, then the large life support module.

Both drones came up with independent RCS tugs. I had a third that didn't have half the RCS jets it needed which made docking the hub in the correct orientation rather difficult.

That drone was emptied of fuel and then deorbited.

Then I brought three engineers up in the Dragon-esque crew transfer vehicle attached to the hub node so I could spin up the hab ring.

Next up will be fuel storage and a docking node for smaller vehicles with smaller docking ports.

qU4Vew3.png

Edited by Immashift

Have been on a grind on my 1.8.1 JNSQ save the past couple weeks. Most recent order of operations is construction of this here "Long Distance Crew Transport." Plan to put into action at the next Kerbin > Duna transfer window. Have been segmenting into bits and pieces and putting on launchers. Figure launching the fuel tanks & engines is gonna be the tricky part.

5c709a86dccb89db89bce6fd7640f6b7.jpg

Design is a little funky but it serves its purpose. Included are cargo bays with Duna & Ike landers respectfully.

3b5210680aa5534d9fe219f0761aa44c.jpg

Designed a small armored car that can be deployed from a medium-length mk3 cargo bay, to complement my new VTOL cargo plane.

I4Iqzrw.png

f9STpKq.png

OtBgYHK.png
The rest of my vehicles up until this point: my light armored truck, my light tank, my medium armored car, and my truck-driven AA missile battery.

yQjF2WH.png

My Jool Navigator probe has spent several months doing flybys of Jool's moons, but the low passes over Jool itself have consistently been my favorite parts of the mission.

dLdee71.jpg

k4HBNPd.jpg

Lloms9v.jpg

Eventually, the plan is for Navigator to finish by taking up a polar orbit around Laythe and using its ScanSat instruments to map the planet. 

In other news, OPAL 1 and 2 have arrived at Edna and Dres. To capture low-orbit science from Edna's moon Dak OPAL 1 had to fly uncomfortably low, only clearing the highest points by under a kilometer. It spent 45 days at that altitude to let the gravioli experiment run to completion.

sjkpxhd.jpg

The Ike Express probe also arrived and began mapping Duna's moon for science and contract money.

2t0zGbx.jpg

Today I roasted Kerbals, rendezvoused (?) around Kerbin and deployed Science! on Minmus.

Spoiler

screenshot319.png

screenshot288.png

screenshot466.png

Just a normal day (that's not like yesterday when I made 50 passes in Kerbin's high atmosphere due to a slight misconception of the ship's heat shield, and had to do F9 four or five times).

Forgot to say, but I tried to make a SSTO with an Economy class. It works well, except that it can't go supersonic, and I need Science! to research these stuff.

screenshot411.png

screenshot413.png

I think I can add more seats! That'll be nice for touristic missions.