What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

17 minutes ago, Rakete said:

My Eve Redux is out-of-the-box mainly configured by spectra

There is a discussion on the Spectra forum about how to add City lights at this link; 

19 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Airplane plus

I have been extensively using Airplane Plus on all version of 1.12.x without issue.  Just don't use the wheels it provides, otherwise the rest of the parts work fine. 

I tried (and failed) to get to Minmus resulting in rocket to be in a never ending orbit around the sun. So unfortunately my Kerbal is screwed and is never coming home since I do not feel like sending a rescue craft. 

18 minutes ago, Hi123 said:

I tried (and failed) to get to Minmus resulting in rocket to be in a never ending orbit around the sun. So unfortunately my Kerbal is screwed and is never coming home since I do not feel like sending a rescue craft. 

Does the orbit cross Kerbin's orbit? If so, you might be able to catch it while it swings near to Kerbin. Eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Does the orbit cross Kerbin's orbit? If so, you might be able to catch it while it swings near to Kerbin. Eventually. 

As my Kerbal failed my space program he doesn't deserve to come home ever.

Edited by Hi123
english

I started looking into planet modding and playing around with Kopernicus and-- what the hell am I looking at?

jKTLrBf.png

1IjEBdG.png

I sent Val to this... thing... with the cheat menu. In the spoiler is everything I saw there.

Spoiler

FHSjRMq.png

Val's craft jumping inside the deep canyon. Are those clouds?

SmPWBD1.png

Even though there is solid ground right below Val, she can't walk on it, she can't take any samples of it, she can't plant any flags on it. The closest thing to hell, at least for kerbals. I'll look more into it later, now I have to sleep.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:03 AM, LHACK4142 said:

That's kinda cool tbh, one could pretend it's the crew of the tank

They have crew which is a separate thing but from my experience casualties are rather minimal as for whatever reason applying firework to kerbal face doesnt do much, worst case their seat (which is a tiny hitbox) gets ripped off (and all "manned" vehicles i have feature at least 2 control seats, the MBTs have 4-6 so there is no way to take down the crew).

In other news, derping around with a bit of BDA combat (trying to do a stock airplane battle is just impossible as its hard enough to get 2 planes to even fly together let alone shoot anything in the sky).

M78fHSb.png

Dusted off some of the super competitive planes i made a while ago, namely using the single most effective engine layout, wheelsey in thrust reverse on the front of a mk1 cockpit with a normal thrust vectoring jet on the arss.  The reason this is the best (and im pretty sure im not the 1st to come up with the concept) is that the wheelsley is the only jet with a thrust reverser and it seems to have virtually no drag (thus i can have a super compact setup which makes the aircraft miniscule compared to virtually every plane ive seen on here that isnt a 0.6m uav).  Anyways, the fights are rather boring as they are over in seconds (the things fly at 300m/s easy and are tuned to be so bloody agressibve that they literally either ram the target outright (with a metal spike on the front for that reason) or just evicerate it conventionally.

wLJnkiT.png

So yeah, the next best thing you can do is make WW2 era planes, as buggy as they are with BDA that is.  Problem is that for whatever reason the autopilot doesnt actually engage the throttle properly with the robit parts, hence i have to manually engage the engines on all these planes.  that and BDA will NOT play nicely with any craft that isnt perfectly balanced with it's thrust, so you have to use a counter rotating/coax prop setup to make it even fly remotely straight.  I ended up clipping 2 engines together with 50% thrust each so it has the same performance as it did with 1 engine).

XXHc4Rm.png

Eventually after a good 5 minutes of flopping around one of the planes got the other 1, flying through the wreckage like every pilot is trained to do (im pretty sure you cant be cerified as a fighter pilot unless you learn how to fly through debri clouds left behind by your victims).  Now if only parallax would stop bugging out so much (weird artefacting on the ground with squares that are too brght/dark, and ofc floating trees, why cant all them bloody mods work together properly)...

8 hours ago, Rakete said:

Any known e.t.a for a fix in that?

Hi.

@Lisias has a lot on their plate so it is not likely to be soon. I have been rebuilding the landing gear now and then inbetween other things and passing on the new gear to Lisias, but I have only rebuilt 2 so far. Even if I got in and rebuilt all the gear in a short time I think you would still have to wait for anything else that needs fixing to be done before an update is released.

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Last mission for today

Let's Start an Airline

Jeb and Bill take the inspector out on a KAA Certification flight in a vintage bird. 

fXgw808.png

Would you please share the mod set up you use for your career games? I think it's cool that you start with planes instead of crewed rockets.

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Would you please share the mod set up you use for your career games?

Sure you can find my current list here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LycEVYKODb0fvYpXp_e26YF8qHN9EaIy/view?usp=sharing

Essentially I start with a tech-tree mod that emphasizes probes before crew and I typically write a patch to move early aviation parts closer to the start of the tech-tree to make early airplanes viable. I then sprinkle in a lot of airplane parts mods and the contract packs I like to play. I disable most stock contracts with the exception of Asteroid and Comet related ones, and plan my science gathering around my exploration goals rather than use a Science Contract pack.   

Currently my game is based around Un Kerballed Start, but I've also used Probes Before Crew and Kiwi Tech Tree Overhaul in other playthroughs.  

8 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I typically write a patch to move early aviation parts closer to the start of the tech-tree to make early airplanes viable

is the earlier planes patch included in that file? I can'y open it at the moment. (7:00 am, writing this on a chromebook.)

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

Every Kerbal deserves a return to home.

No, not all. Jeb'ediah and Bi'll were intentionally stranded at sarnus.

10 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Sure you can find my current list here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LycEVYKODb0fvYpXp_e26YF8qHN9EaIy/view?usp=sharing

Essentially I start with a tech-tree mod that emphasizes probes before crew and I typically write a patch to move early aviation parts closer to the start of the tech-tree to make early airplanes viable. I then sprinkle in a lot of airplane parts mods and the contract packs I like to play. I disable most stock contracts with the exception of Asteroid and Comet related ones, and plan my science gathering around my exploration goals rather than use a Science Contract pack.   

Currently my game is based around Un Kerballed Start, but I've also used Probes Before Crew and Kiwi Tech Tree Overhaul in other playthroughs.  

It says I need a mechjeb that is not indexed, 

Have had a KISS space station in a western equatorial orbit with the original 8 crew members for 2y 258d now.  Sent a Milkrun (not pictured) up to exchange crew but found there was already a Milkrun (the bottle looking thing) docked.  Unfortunately, it had spent so long in space (playing dodge in the east-bound traffic lanes!) that its docks had 'frozen'.  [click + arrow => slideshow]

FCL8obz.jpg   MVP1qld.jpg   60F3is3.jpg   muXeQ9i.jpg

Did some research; found an old 2013 article; donned an oxy-acetylene mask and did some craft file editing.  Imagine the satisfaction to cut this baby loose and score a win...  :)

Finally, the year 3 day 310 transfer window  from Kerbin to Duna opened and I've managed to get all the hardware I had ready in Munar and  Kerbin orbit sent on its way.

The first element is Duna Station, which has been on a fitting out cruise about the Mun and will end up in Duna equatorial orbit. Pictured here is the core, a couple of tug components and the reusable propulsion systems. Currently, the core is actually docked backwards and once it gets to Duna, there will need to have some rearrangement to put the orbital adjustment engines on the right end. 

gXemQ4F.jpg Connected to the core station is a large fuel tank, a lander and an intra-system mover (under the gold fairing). If you are wondering why the intra-system mover is using Puff engines and mono-propellant , I had a "upgrade this station" contract and needed a lot more mono-prop to complete it.

Z1x8ITw.jpg

The next component is the Rover / ISRU system. The rover was originally used to gather science from the Mun which has been, and continues to be, processed in the lab aboard Duna station and will give the scientists something to do on their long trip. With its auxiliary stage, it has enough dV to land on Duna from orbit and will gather science, either under remote control or possibly with a crew, delivered by the station lander, aboard. 

ejUBXos.jpg

The rover is being transported on top of the ISRU system that is going to be landing on Ike and consists of a Kerbaled ore harvester / fuel converter and two large transfer tanks which will haul the fuel to orbit. This was also undergoing testing on the Mun and a similar system has been tested on Minmus.

xJMLqQ9.jpg

The last large component is the Ike station core, which was added to act as an anchor in orbit to allow the ISRU tankers and the main nuclear propulsion units, used to push Duna station, to have somewhere to dock and transfer fuel between themselves. In addition, there is a small facility for Kerbals and in an emergency explosives will destroy the central corridor and then the crew can use the fordecks as a lifeboat, with either the propulsion module, one of the ISRU tankers or a nuclear propulsion units to get them back to Duna station or Kerbin.

Rs9V3WQ.jpg

Two sets of additional satellites were also sent, one for an equatorial orbit about Ike to give almost full coverage for the ISRU system and one set for polar orbit about Duna to augment the existing equatorial set that was placed in the last transfer window. Each set consists of three small relay satellites and a bigger relay on the carrier vessel.

9dO9Spv.jpg

(The KSC PR department apologises for another picture of this particular satellite deployment system that fails to show the mounting point that joins the small satellites to the main carrier craft. We understand that our followers are interested in the construction of our space infrastructure and we would like to say that all the rumours that the mounting system is "nothing" or "magic" that keep cropping up with regard to this particular system are completely untrue)

Edited by Robin Patenall

9 hours ago, Rakete said:

Every Kerbal deserves a return to home.

I've got a couple of Kerbals that might have been given the grand opportunity to be the first Kerbals to set foot on Plock when they decided to stow away on a rescue craft and required the poor Kerbal being rescued to hang on to the ladder on the outside for several orbits until I could rendezvous with one of my space stations. Luckily for them, I can't remember which ones they were any more.