What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I didn't actually get time to do much today... :( I did make a couple variants of my favorite rover design, and I kept working on my unnamed interplanetary ship that'll carry 20 Kerbals to Jool. Anyone have cool name ideas?

If you're ever short on names, I like to go here and scroll down to the ships section:

http://namingschemes.com/Halo

Jeb has been helping assemble my city on the Mun.

Having connected up the launch pad, parts depot, fuel dump, and collected many pieces of debris for recycling, he got some "free time" and went for a "walk"

qc06xdG.png

Then it was time to do some exploring.

Ad7cj7c.png

I aslo de-strutted the base. Less physics = less lag.

3XlrOzU.png

Landed a rescue mission on Minmus. The stranded crew are waiting here:

f5aPjri.png

"Orbit Rescue 1" The ship they arrived in took offence.

8zbYN67.png

"WHAT? You're replacing me! How dare you! I can still get home, just watch... Damnit!"

kTq7TTz.jpg

Soon, all that was left was a Mk 1.2 capsule rolling across the ground...

Edit: Not in KSP, but IRL, I just saw a shooting star! With a tail and everything! It was cool.

Edited by Tw1

Docked the solar panel array module to my LKO refueling station core. Note for future modules for the station: 2x symmetry is not enough for an RCS system to function properly. The docking process took hours and used up way too much Monoprop because of that design oversight. :huh: Next step: Monoprop restocking run and primary fuel hub module design/launch.

My first successful docking project suddenly failed. The docking ports stopped working, I don't know why. "Yin" and "Yang" spaceships wouldn't snap together anymore so I got rid of them.

Then I've placed the first part of a refueling station around 120 km circular orbit and then tried to dock a ship to bring more fuel, but it lost all of its propellant and I've deorbited it as it was hard to control. On another try, I succeeded and this is the result. The amount of fuel brought was miserable, though.

3144kcn.png

When I tried to transfer fuel, I've realized there's a decoupler between the station's tank and the actual nod, so I haven't transferred anything. :mad:

3 Kerbals on the station at the moment.

Luckily, there's plenty of docking ports left, so now there's a supply ship full of liquid fuel, monopropellant, batteries and xenon on the way, currently in orbit, with 4 Kerbals inside. It has an array for docking space probes. Hopefully, I won't crash it into the station.

Thought I'd attempt a remake of Shuttle-Saturn. Had to remove some tanks from the booster already because the booster got the entire drop tank to orbit too, originally, which rather threw the proportions off:

9536134169_7b0e5d4049_c.jpg

But it was still rather too good!

9535894603_84a528c873_c.jpg

I'll have to build a bigger orbiter.

Finally sent Castle Romeo 7 to the Mun. Hell of a lot of work for what turned out to be a pretty damn lousy performance on the Apollo-style Mun challenge. I'll have my writeup there later today; don't have time right now.

Finished the KCP VASSAL mod. Will have pics there later today too. Still need to finish typing up the rules.

Flew and successfully landed an Arrow V on the runway. Flew a Morningstar; clipped one of the engines on the runway during the landing but from what I understand it's pretty easy to do with that particular bird (clipped the engines six times on the takeoff before I was finally able to get it up; Jeb didn't walk away from all of those either - thanks for adding "revert", Squad!!). My ILS works. Hallelujah.

screenshot22.png

K-Nor Minmus Outpost

After building my K-Nor class Outpost in Minmus orbit yesterday I decided I could do it bigger and better.

I haven't definitely decided where to build it but I am thinking about Kerbins theoretical L4 or L5. As a proof of concept it might be better to build one in Kerbin orbit first.

screenshot24.png

K-Nor class MkII concept

I continued avoiding work on my Duna mission and goofing off with planes.

I call this one the butterfly (tested it before adding struts). Was actually quite fun to watch it "flap" its wings, though the tail fins collided a few seconds after this was taken and well... went boom.

screenshot60_zpsb3d9eb87.png

Having not played KSP for over 2 months (D:) I decided to go to Mun again for starters. First craft, smashed into a hill losing 3 kerbals who's names shall not be remembered. Second attempt: we're coming down way too fast so Rayvry decides to EVA and escape. The EVA was succesful, the escape not the lander exploded and he was killed, the capsule however miraculously survived and now is stranded with Charlie and Doodlorf unharmed. Now Jebediah is attempting a rescue mission after ditching Bill and Bob mid-flight because he realized 5 man wouldn't fit in the capsule... :D

Tried to make artificial gravity today, i really dont think the game supports that idea. I used a couple of different parts from M.M.M., robotics and NP. Basically I designed a station with a couple of the MMM corridors locked onto the free spinning gears from the robotics pack, added some RCS to make it spin free of everything else. The command module and BAOT stay put and the center sections spin freely after a nudge from rcs and after you pull in the solar panels. All worked good even left the ends open so Jeb could get in and out via EVA.

screenshot0_zps65626f08.png

But even under rotation Jeb still has the animation for freefalling. After his failure I brought the Corridors up to full spin and made Jeb walk the plank into a glourious green poof.

I successfully completed my docking program, so now it is time to work on a Mun Satellite and manned lander, maybe even a space station

A sun manned lander?

Good luck with that! I mean it, landing on the sun is very675 Hard..

Having successfully conducted the proof-of-concept mission to the Mun, all that remains is to bring the crew back to Kerbin. Even in spite of its hugely inefficient landing profile and a lot of fuel burnt trying to hover over to the Munophant, the shuttle had plenty of delta-v left for ascent and rendezvous with the MOMS.

YC9wPRn.png

The MOMS brought the boys back to Kerbin orbit. All six transferred over to the shuttle to perform the final test - could the shuttle land under chutes without ripping itself apart? Well, turns out it could. Everyone's home safe and the final design notes are in. Next up - packaging everything nicely in a fresh save and performing a final proving mission to Duna!

WHTi1lr.png

E0PXoLq.png

DSD7YMs.png

2WTvNif.jpg

qNo53Dc.png

Took a few days off of playing KSP as well as weeks off this forum. Played a bit space hulk while thinking of what to do next. Already have a list of things I could do. Just still putting off on doung them. Roasted some marshmellows today as I get ready to fire up KSP.

I successfully completed my docking program, so now it is time to work on a Mun Satellite and manned lander, maybe even a space station

A sun manned lander?

Good luck with that! I mean it, landing on the sun is very675 Hard..

Depends on what you mean by landing.

Realy? You didn't see Tw1 needs glasses? Longsok clearly talks about "a Mun Satellite and manned lander" He never said anything about the sun.

Made a bit more progress on the KRV:Odeseus.615 parts 520 tons 6km/s in main tank probably 1km/s emergency fuel(and it's not even finished still need a crew return SSTO and 3 landers)

YOYVS7P.png?1

Flight plan

Mun-minmus

Minmus-Duna

Duna-Ike(Refuel)

Ike-Eve

Eve-Gilly

Gilly-Moho(Refuel)

Moho-Dres(Possible refuel)

Dres-Lathe/Tylo/Vall

Vall-Eeloo(Refuel)

Eeloo-Bop/Pol

Pol-Kerbin

Kerbin-?

I sent twin satellites out to Duna. One to orbit Duna, the other to orbit Ike. Then, I did the same for Eve and Gilly. Then, I decided to launch a mission to the Mun, however play was interrupted by a pigeon walking on my bedroom window.