What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

3rd and probably final version of my K-Nor class outpost. I'll bring it into orbit with Orbital Construction so I've made it a single piece construction. A few strategically placed struts should be able to hold everything together.

It weighs in at a massive 174.5 tons and can house a total of 145 Kerbals.

Used mods: B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry, Large Structural Components, MechJeb (optional)

Now what you need to do is put it in an orbit out past Eeloo, and wait for Garak to show up.

I don't know if you intend to rotate the station for artificial gravity, but if you do, the housing units are upside down.

Not to mention that a circle that small in diameter would induce extreme inertial cross-coupling in the inner ears (as in everybody is constantly seasick). IIRC, you need a diameter of at least a few hundred meters for spin gravity to be better than zero-G for humans. No telling about Kerbal physiology but...

Still, a very cool job of assembling. Did it require one of those "use this other part as the root" mods?

I don't know if you intend to rotate the station for artificial gravity, but if you do, the housing units are upside down.

Since when is there an up or and down side?

Still, a very cool job of assembling. Did it require one of those "use this other part as the root" mods?

Thanks. What do you mean?

Still trying to develop a functional SSTO, as of yet I still can't quite reach orbit. It's very frustrating, but makes for some cool pics

vPVa18z.jpg

My first SSTO used some jet engine assistance to about 12 KM(my normal turn alt) up then were shut off as the main engines came on. wasnt pretty but it worked, a varation of it made to 24 KM up before flame out was becoming to much of a threat that i ejected them.

Since when is there an up or and down side?

Thanks. What do you mean?

For the 1st, I assume it means not having spin gravity through you throw the glass on the "floor". For the 2nd, getting things to connect on both ends when built in a circle usually doesn't work without some extra-curricular help.

No pictures sadly, but I took my space-plane to the Mun and back. Ran out of fuel, and had to coast home on fumes. My de-orbit put me right in the middle of the ocean, so I had to find any piece of land I could to set her down. With 4 units of fuel left, we touched down on a tiny beach in the foothills of some mountains. Jebediah, as usual, saves the day.

VHwCzoS.jpg

My tiny island. I crossed the sea of blue to this speck, and sat down and waited on the rescue team. Heart pounding, sweat dripping, we made it.

gZa19rM.jpg

This was the view behind me. When I hit atmosphere, all I saw was blue. No land anywhere. Looking at the map, I turned south and found a little tiny dot. That dot was my beacon.

After having problems docking with my station, I realized that my computer was getting taxed due to the high number of parts. I sent a few, ok, 5 retrieval missions to retrieve all the inhabitants of the station home before dismantling it. Once dismantled, I sent another mission to take the pieces into a degrading orbit so they will crash down rather than sticking around as debris floating around.

Now, to work on a new station design that wont tax my computer as much when docking with it for fuel or whatever.

Managed to land not once, not twice, but three times on the Mun. Two immobile science platforms and a rover. The science platforms were an utter bitch - well, the first one was. I mistakenly made it a little top-heavy and it kept rolling whenever I touched down. The Mk II science platform landed nicely and exactly where I wanted it with no structural damage whatsoever and enough battery power to last the half-month-long night of the Mun.

My Rover landed in one piece and functioned really nicely - until I tried to go down a canyon wall, rolled and exploded into a million pieces. But hey, at least I got my Mun Landings honed!

KJdOl0j.jpg

Successfully topped up all the RCS tanks on my LKO Fuelstation and docked the arm for future fuel tanks to be added on. So far the "ESEP Orbital Fuelstation" supports 6 kerbals (One in the command pod, 4 in the hitchhiker, one in the orbital tug) and can only support refueling the OTTR (Orbital Transit Tug Rocket) until I expand its fuel capacity, which is the next step.

Also, I topped off the RCS tanks using the KAS mod. Something went horribly wrong the first time I attached the line and the tanker spun out and slammed into the upper solar panel array, much to the dismay of the Kerbals aboard :0.0: . Quickloaded and tried again without a problem.

After watching a video displaying the easy of getting small probes around the Kerbol system, mission control instantly decided to launch a probe to Eve, whereever it may be at the moment.

After a probably far from perfect burn for an intercept with eve, the "Very remote Jebby" probe was going to pass by Eve at about 5000m/s relative velocity. However small my probe was, we didn't have that much delta-V to spare, so we went for aerocapture.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, launched the central core of Elenika station. This base will serve as an orbital science and rendezvous station, as well as having some refuelling capabilities. I left the orange tank attached for future use.

Elenika station at launch

GuNTWgx.jpg

Station in stable orbit, ready for rendezvous with future modules

ZATDyN2.png

Edited by Spyritdragon
total javascript failure

I built a hypersonic jet to recover Kerbals after landing far away from KSC. There was just a small design flaw that is that the plane does not have ladders so i had to hack gravity to get Jeb on board. Jeb returned from a trip to Minmus using only RCS powered rover and his own EVA pack. Next i have to pick up Bill and Bob who were on Minmus and Mun and landed on the opposite side of the globe from KSC.

11F2EB22870C83D226D4DEF6545D937DC715EE55

Built a new heavy rover for a challenge - an eight passenger, ten-wheeled joy bus. Damn thing made my computer spotaneously shut down twice...

Still in preparation to try out the Duna Apollo-style challenge. Going to try to see what I can fix from the Castle Romeo mission and apply to that one.

Finished KCP, now to unleash it upon an unwitting public......

I've been trying to land this thing at my Duna base for quite a while now. It's hard when it needs all its fuel for the return trip. :(

Always make sure you have enough fuel (i am currently launching fueling stations into orbits around all planets and moons and have 4 in deep space just in case of an expatiation for out of solar system exploration)