What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I made a Tow Truck. Mainly because I needed a way to Move around the pieces for my 300+ Ton capable (Hopefully). It will be a space plane that Is comprised of 5 different modules that are going to be linked together outside of the SPH, the cargo will be carried in the middle between the 2 fuselage sections, and the wings will be mounted onto the payload VIA multiple docking ports. It will probably never leave the ground but should be fun the fiddle with.

screenshot1_zpsb01a334d.png

Tomorrow after work I will start building the larger gantry so I can move around the rear section that houses the engines and most of the fuel.

Landed a craft on Dres, docked with my CSM, tried to (and failed) land the lander using RCS after I transferred all the fuel over, had the CSM fall apart during the initial escape burn and mounted a rescue mission. Currently in progress.

Not today but a couple of shots from my recent accomplishments.

Bob Kerman became the third Kerbal to walk on the Mun during the Aquarius IV mission, though he reported back he didn't like it and wants his mummy Kerbal (smile is fake and for the camera):

screenshot13_zpsa006cb52.png

Finally launched Kerberos III and IIIA and succesfully completed my first orbital rendezvous and docking maneouvres trial:

screenshot12_zps06b5d404.png

screenshot11_zps7956a07c.png

Testing a toughened rover design for the Eeloo window I have in a couple of days:

Travel mode:

9559277649_c23a1f2c56_c.jpg

Tourist mode - the cam is on a tilt/pan robotics combo, although I seem to have broken the hinge animation somehow.

9559278681_d0f9058d65_c.jpg

It's remarkably resilient - highspeed testing on Kerbin usually resulted in one of the emergency solar panels falling off, and then the first thing to break in some multiple rolling bouncing tumble would be the wheels. Took a bit of work to get that far, but given how prone it is to rolling anyway it's necessary.

To add to my last post, I made a rocket that performed exactly as I wanted it to on the first try... Not too shabby. It was just supposed to go to LKO and come back without killing the Kerbals or exposing them to excessive G-forces. It did all of that much to my surprise.

Made my heaviest ship/base so far:

an55.jpg

Landed on Minmus with a mass of 50t, all filled up and ready to go it is over 200t now.

vx4a.jpg

Back in Minmus orbit, only used 10% of it's Kethane supply to get into a 100k orbit, will test further to see if it could be a viable longer-range supply ship.

Launched the main part of my massive space station and blew off one of the panel connector arms on the second stage separation with a booster that wasn't quite empty. As the station has no 'chutes, I sent up my Life Kraft 3 to rescue the crew. Docked successfully only to find out I blocked the crew hatch XD.

Sent 5 rockets to Ike in order to start up a kethane mining base. It is the first time I sent several rockets at the same time; hope it will not get too busy as they arrive.

Those few minutes/hours between launches usually translates into days of separation on arrival.

Though last time I sent a flotilla do Duna I did have two craft arrive in the system within hours of eachother... But I did make course correction mid way on one of them and burned most of its fuel taking a shortcut so it doesn't really count.

I discovered that I-beams make very good floats.

Got my amphibious rover to float and drive much better.

Except I somehow ended up with more weight on one side.

I could not find the offending, non-matched part, very frustrating.

Also, my Mun base had a bit of a blowing up problem.

VZFx5pk.jpg

Solved this by raising it five meters in the save file.

Successfully launched a pristine station core! Finally! Then realized I hadn't fixed the crew hatch blockage XD. Back to the drawing board, after losing another pair of brave Kerbals, and firing the crew of engineers that put that ladder there in the first place!

Tried to build a rocket for the Small Fuel to Orbit Challenge. Didn't go so well but I think I know what I did wrong. I'll try again tonight.

Built another rocket for the Spy Satellite Intercept Challenge. Was thinking I'd have to abandon that one too until I checked my fuel lines again - a single wonky fuel line rots asparagus. Fixed it. Now I just need to see if it will work as intended...

Tried one last time to begin the Rover Ascent Challenge; once again my computer spontaneously shut itself off. Maybe I could use the design for The How Does Your Kerbal Drive To Work Challenge instead.

...I may post the craft files for that one so that someone else can have a go with it.

Finished KCP. Now to see if I can get people to test it out...

Eww. Actually I don't like children. Like, at all.

:-)

I won't then. But seriously, thanks for making that tutorial.

Managed to land my Kerbals on the Mun now. The landing was a little, uh... bouncy. My craft fell over, but luckily my RCS was powerful enough to right the ship. Didn't expect that. Got the bastard back into orbit with about ten units of fuel to spare - but on the opposite side of the moon from my transit craft. Lacking the fuel to adjust my orbit (Somehow on BOTH vessels, yeesh) I'm starting a rescue operation to bring those brave sons of Kerbin home.

Yesterday, I finally got around to sending crew and crew return vehicle to my station. Was planning on detaching the third stage near the station and flying the crv to the docking port, but I decided to try delivering the crv all the way with the third stage. Got it docked in one shot, without using RCS, and plenty of leftover fuel to deorbit the third stage.

And of course, forgot to take any screenshots.

Thanks to Orbital Construction Redux I finally 'launched' my K-Nor station. It changed a bit since my previous image. Most noticeable changes are the repositioning of RCS and clampotrons ports and the addition of clampotron sr's and flag decals.

screenshot30.png

K-Nor 3

450*450km equatorial orbit