What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

so I rage quit for tonight, I spent a LOT of time finessing that thing down

I only crashed at 15m/s, but because the altimeter isn't actually "right" about where the ground is, I had no idea where I needed to stop.

I hate it when that happens :(

Landing lights are your friend! If you put a couple of searchlights on the bottom of your craft pointing down, the light pools they cast on the ground will give you a pretty good idea of where that ground is.

I hate it when that happens :(

Landing lights are your friend! If you put a couple of searchlights on the bottom of your craft pointing down, the light pools they cast on the ground will give you a pretty good idea of where that ground is.

That is a fantastic idea.

I had to jettison a nuclear stage shortly before impact, and I was trying to estimate it's acceleration, and calculate the distance based on the time it took until I heard it explode, but my calculations were really rough, due to not really knowing the exact munar acceleration due to gravity, and also because I came up with the idea 3 or 4 seconds after I jetisoned the stage, and also because I neglected the washout from the small descent engines pushing the stage downward.

Edited by User Unrelated

I hate when these things happen.

My plan was to manually land on any one of Eve's small islands and I succeeded, few metres away from the coastline.

I wanted few nice screenshots so I exited the game and raised the graphics to the maximum, just to find that my lander is now in the sea so I had to swim back to the coast. What a derping experience.

The lander is not damaged, though. Except for the solar panels it's still functional, but it is floating. If I lower the graphics, the lander becomes embeded into the ground. I'll consider this as a success nonetheless.

2ebztqo.png

Finally my first (living) Kerbal on the Mun. It was pretty hard since my gem had "hick-ups" while skipping time so i crashed into the mun without even knowing since time-warp just stuck and skiped before the mun ...

Anyhow now i got the Alarm-Timer-Mod. (i dont use Mechjeb)

zpso.jpg

Only problem now is that it was my first real landing and i used way too much fuel landing which lead to Bobster Kerman stranding on the moon. Also i probably should have looked who the pilot was before starting the flight ... :

k4dh.png

(i should have sent Lenbro Kerman ..)

Only problem now is that it was my first real landing and i used way too much fuel landing which lead to Bobster Kerman stranding on the moon.

Congratulations! Your second significant milestone! Well done. The third is rescuing the achiever of the second! :)

"Master Yoda, moving rocks is one thing, but this is a little different."

That just made me lol so hard.

But today I have been making some rockets that have failed so hard but one almost worked but it stopped half way to orbit due to it having no fuel. The one thing I forgot to put on is extra fuel tanks but it was a awesome crash but it crashed into my old probe that went up to orbit for the 1st time ever in my save so that made me faceplam. So today my space program has lost one of the best probes ever. R.I.P The puggy probe mk1. year 1 day 10 -year 2

Last night while I was building my treehugger (no-nukes) Duna rocket KER wouldn't give me hard data on the first three stages. It did tell me I had 4500 m/s of delta-V between them, so I went to bed but it still bugged me. This morning, I realized why it wasn't telling me anything: I hadn't run fuel lines between those stages.

That means I managed to build an SSTO rocket with a 90-tonne payload...quite an accomplishment if the damn thing actually works.

Of course, the challenge for which I'm building this particular rocket says the booster must be three stages, so I'll have to run fuel lines. I might try things once without them just to see if it'll get into orbit...