What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

That tower.... Is that a mod?
That was how the Launchpad looked for most of the game's development. :) It was removed in (I think) v.21 because players' ships had grown so large that they kept bumping into it. :) However, without revealing too much, let me just say that it's not entirely gone.

That was how the Launchpad looked for most of the game's development. :) It was removed in (I think) v.21 because players' ships had grown so large that they kept bumping into it. :) However, without revealing too much, let me just say that it's not entirely gone.

Ah alright :)

I finally completed my Kethane refinery on the Mun. No more power issues and can actually store enough fuel to make it worthwhile. Just need to build something now to get the fuel up to my refueling depot in Munar orbit. After that I'm thinking I might launch my first interplanetary mission since I'll then have the infrastructure to refuel in space.

Designed an SSTO intended for Laythe, took it to orbit and back.

D9FED6833628A28C947B6594C7F35AA907E5F6F7

Landed with nothing but vapors in the tanks. Engines flamed out while I was taxiing in.

BDF1B207B10E89960EA3319761339DCFF9DF34F0

Updated it and flew it to LKO for a fuel stop. It's always fun when your spaceplane is bigger than your station.

0F6291D42AF7EF8CC8894D8F1D49BBFC8FCA8516

I did three major things:

1. Built and launched the 'Electrocradle' a long-distance rescue craft with xenon engines to rescue Bob from a Kraken-attacked ship out by Duna. However, I barely needed the Xenon as I went most of the way on the dual LV-Ns of the transition stage. I was really pleased at how I managed to use docking methods to get the Cradle close enough to the capsule for Bob to EVA his way the final 9 Km and safely return, landing just across the mountain range from KSC. :)

It wasn't as intricately ambitious as creating a fuel-tower rover to refuel a stranded Mun lander, but dang, it was satisfying to do!

2. My probe reached Jool and was captured pretty much in a polar orbit. After lots of burns to get my orbit more equatorial, discovered I'd managed to make the orbit direction in reverse of the moons. I've now done high-velocity swings past Tylo (9000 m periapsis), Laythe, and Vall, and I'm wishing I'd waited to have a gravioli detector.

3. Designed & launched the Deep Space Command Module, which is a sort of proxy for the lab that we'll be getting in .23. It's built with three Clamp-o-tron Sr, and 2 regular, arranged so that the module can be used either as a space station or, with the appropriate modules, a long-range vessel with room for 5. I think I'll leave this one around Kerbin as a refueling stop, and launch another for a leisurely grand tour attempt.

Haven't finished my tech tree completely, but I've only got about 4 nodes to go.

PROGRESS!

I finally landed a kerbal on the mun, and returned him safely home (using a very limited tech tree. I JUST got struts!) :)

My new favorite kerbal, Kenlas Kermin (Far more courageous than even Jebadiah himself, but also so stupid that the engineers had to round off all of the sharp corners in the cockpit) set foot in the Mun's East-Side crater tonight, and gathered a staggering 770 science for me to immediately spend on many new fancy goodies!

I also accidentally learned how to gravity-brake using the Mun, and also, perfected my aerobraking procedure, which I have grown to really like. I've never tired it until now, but I figured I'd better practice on Kerbin before I try and do it anywhere else.

screenshot20_zpsae55f25a.png

Edited by User Unrelated

Send Jeb to the Mun for the second time (in this reincarnation of the universe) in an only slightly modified lander.

Science led to new Tech => Docking Ports

Failed to get science equipment to Kerbin's south pole by suborbital launch. Some design flaw in the rocket most likely or uplink failure to mission control maybe.

Edited by KerbMav

Sent probes to encounters with Moho and Dres. Launched another one with the intent of sending it into orbit around Gilly. Still waiting for probes to get out to Jool and Eeloo, still just killing time until the next Duna window comes up.

Oh, nothing much, just poking with config files and peeking into mods to figure out how things were done. Gotta thank the author of ReStock for indirectly teaching me what I used to make a new engine...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Yeah, I was bored. Figured I'd make a Devastation Incorporated prototype engine. Obviously I'll be tweaking down the thrust when I copy the folder and make the "production model" of it...

Mun-Two first visit in a new career mode to the Mun. Worked quite well.

4qR7DkR.png

Orbited the Mun equator once then polar orbit many times getting EVA reports over the different regions of the Mun. Having two Kerbolnauts (Bill and Bob) gather EVA reports help with the science points. Just got the stationary solar panels before launch. No struts yet.

Pxfsb8l.png

Landing went well but missed the badlands as that was my target. Actually I was lucky to get back to Kerbin :-)

bSjjS53.png

The view before Launch. Mighty tall for limited part selection. Bottom bows out when it is launched but it holds together.

Edited by BJ Quest
View of rocket at launch

More heavy rocket fail compilations! (You only get one picture tho)

RuV973w.png

What happened here was basically the rocket trying to lift off but failing to do so due to it's massive weight, and after a moment of it's SRBs struggling, it collapsed to the side, again due to it's weight, and resulted in the explosion you are seeing above.

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

Well, yesterday I got a probe on a course to Duna, and right now I'm going there to make orbit and science farm.

EDIT : Duna spotted! 3.75 ingame hours til SOI encounter

B6IIuQa.png

DOUBLE EDIT : Can't make orbit. Crapperdoodles!

TRIPLE EDIT : I can't take it, infinite fuel shall be activated (ribbons will not have orbit thought)

QUADRUPLE EDIT : Apparently my other tank wouldn't help my engine, so I would have made orbit...

Edited by Sesni

No cool screenshots to show off what I've been doing, but in short order in the last day or two I've:

-Bought the game

-Got a weather satellite deployed in a polar orbit over Kerbin

-Got three geosynchronous communications satellites over Kerbin

-Made a munar flyby

-Stranded a Kerbal in munar orbit with no power or fuel

-Crashed three attempted landers on the Mun

-Made two successful Minmus landings and returns

Right now I need one more good science mission before I have enough science to unlock huge rockets to help me build a space station, so I'm working on hopefully getting a probe in a flyby or orbit of Duna.