What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Turn music off. That seems to be what the latest issue is. Once YT detects any sort of music, it'll likely flag it. A lot of previously uploaded videos are getting hit too. Give it a try, it might work.

Game music isn't the problem. Music I've written myself with commercial (royalty-free) samples is. The licenses for the samples indicate no commercial use allowed (for entertainment purposes only), yet there are a few "artists" out there who are throwing together crappy tracks using nothing but samples from the same library, plopping them into an album and offering them up for sale on Amazon, CD Baby and the iTunes Store. They then spam the living daylights out of their wares by creating entries on other music sites that point back to the sales pages.

Apparently, YouTube doesn't look at the whole track, it just looks for anything in a song that sounds similar to anything else that's already posted up on the web for sale. If even a single little teensy sound is similar, regardless of how vaguely it might match something else, the video poster gets a Content ID match warning, which takes months to dispute. Meanwhile the whole video gets blocked in some countries because of it.

Seems like unless you're Jerry Goldsmith and composing your entire background music tracks entirely from scratch for all your videos, you're an evil dirty copyright pirate who should be banned from the web. Meanwhile, other users are posting entire albums from mainstream artists and making money from the ads. Rotten system for sure.

Back on-topic:

I tried to send the third Sherpa at Duna (piloted by Jeb) out in an attempt to rescue Charlie. Because he was on EVA, the game didn't want to let me set him as a target, let alone even be able to see him in the map view for some reason. I had to install the Targetron plugin in order to get a successful intercept with the poor guy.

I ended up with a successful rendezvous, but I had a problem to address. Charlie had no fuel left in his pack, so he couldn't maneuver to grab onto the Sherpa. Moreover, the Sherpa's cockpit only seats one, and has no automated control capability. Charlie needed to get in that cockpit to refill his EVA pack, so Jeb had to line up with Charlie, then nudge the ship forward slightly and immediately eject. Once the cockpit got close enough, Charlie could grab on and board to recharge. It sounds much simpler than it actually was to execute. Jeb bumped Charlie spinning away many, many times.

Now all that remained was to decelerate from escape velocity. The problem is that Jeb's Sherpa had been on placed on operational standby due to damage during a previous flight: it was missing the command chair that was normally present on the design. However, since Jeb's Sherpa was the only one to survive the Breaker's assault on IPEV Venture, his ship was Charlie's one last shot at salvation. So, once Charlie's pack was refueled, Jeb re-boarded while Charlie snagged the ladder rungs on top of the ship. And then proceeded to slowly "slip" down the rungs. :|

If I tried to engage the engines, even a tiny bit, Charlie would soon slip right off the ladder. I tried to just deal with the stupidity of it and just kept bringing him back, thrusting a tiny bit each time before having to bring him back to the ladder again.

I repeated this cycle 20 times, and had only managed to shave 100m/s off their escape velocity, of which over 9,000m/s still remained.

*cue rage-f9*

:mad:

I got lucky with a probe I sent to Jool and got a Layethe intercept on the way in. I was able to parley that into an aerobrake capture around Layethe. With all the fuel I saved I may be able to knock out the whole system with one probe. I better get to it before .23 locks me down.

I decided to take a stab at a SSTO. While this is far from fancy it can make it into orbit, but the moon and stars have to be just right (meaning I have to fly it 100% correctly to get an orbit). My question though is that if I ditch the straight jet fuel and go with the oxidizer fuel mix on the jets would that be ok, or no? Here it is the Tadpole MK1....yeah I didn't know what to call it LOL

ls86.png

I went to the desert. I put on my thermometer, and in real life, I said "This is your weatherman, we are experiencing a heat flash in the desert of a BLAZING 16 degrees! Weatherman Out."

(Sarcasm much olollololol)

Edited by KittyProgram
Because. Y U ASK

Waiting for 0.23 :D

More or less the same.

I went about designing the new solar array for my station (replacing the stock panels with the ones from Kosmos pack) but decided why bother when I know I will start a new career in .23 which comes out so soon?

So then I went back to working with space planes and said why bother since I don't use them in career mode and I will start a new career in .23

So then I... yeah I waited for 0.23.

I sent a flotilla of 6 ships to Eve in the same launch window. The 1st ship arrived 1 day before the others and the 6th arrived a day after, but the 4 in the middle all arrived the same day with only an hour or 2 between them. So all 4 of these were in Eve's SOI and heading in for aerocapture at once....

11414908204_a8ff5ae1b9_b.jpg

This made me sweat a bit but fortunately no 2 of them were in the atmosphere at once, or 1 in the atmosphere when the one before it needed to burn to raise the Pe, so it all worked out OK.

Landed my first mission to Duna, with bill, jebediah, and Bill Kerbin. It was also my first Apollo style mission, and with a few f9's, everything wen't Okay. Got em back all the way to Kerbin, then realized I hadn't repacked my shoots, aaaand thankfully had just enough fuel left to soften the water landing enough that the pod survived. :)

Been spending the last few days reacclimating to KSP after an extended break (since shortly before .22 release). Made the decision to get a career save started tomorrow with the launch of .23... and then realized it had been awhile since I had done much without MechJeb around. So, I spent this evening "recertifying" myself on the basics until I felt comfortable launching to orbit, performing orbital rendevous, docking, and munar landing.

Comfortable again in the needed flight skills, I had some time to spare so I went to my Expedition around Eve and got my first Gilly encounter (after failing dismally yesterday)! Was too late to start exploring tonight so I started a Kethane map of the surface and called it a day.

Very excited for career mode tomorrow!

I was playing with career mode waiting for the 0.23, trying to max out my skills in low tech space crafts.

I build this probe with solar panels, 2 goo canisters and a materials bay. It was supposed to go to Mun and either land or crash into it, but I couldn't get it into orbit.

So a slapped a few extra tanks and engines on it. (Untill then this career mode save hadn't even reached high Kerbin orbit.)

It flew to Mun, it landed, had some fuel left so I decided to let it take off again and go outside the kerbin SOI...

Decided to pass Minmus as there was enough fuel left and grab some science points there...

I went from high to low orbit, and with enoguh fuel left landed on Minmus...

Had some fuel left so decided to launch again and see if I could get outside of the Kerbin SOI.

and yes I still had enough fuel left to do even that.

Amount of science points gathered was huge... I hope my next KSP session will be a new carreer in 0.23

I played sandbox mode for the first time, (only bought the game a month ago), and made my first attempt at building a space plane...

After being unable to take off without exploding, I decided what I need was more rockets. Naturally, this worked a treat, and I came up with this:

F423C98346A71550D33F399583B03643DFF27D01

Believe it or not, it was a total, (although wobbly), success. I took off, and landed, without a single bit of damage.

51BBA187B8C034A62DE18A6FAC1621FE7530363D

Being the genius I am, I decided the next logical step was more rockets, more wings, and more power. What could possibly go wrong?

598C6BB1DEFC9F145914B9EDB31FDAA943D81532

Some minor issues:

B56BC1F6CC5D97B1F94B1262388FFE87F01C70A4

9D3639575AC08AE168F1384C6BA9631947AC6D79

Hmmm, clearly, there just isn't enough rockets. Could also do with more lift. Thus, I came up with my greatest creation yet. It is so heavy that it requires vertical solid boosters to lift it once it reaches take off speed, (if it hasn't exploded by then), but I would call it a total success. This is a revolutionary ship, super efficient, almost bullet proof, and a great example of how space planes should be built:

F95FAE2E2EC98843485A0686C269C7908739A663

48F923DD860E4E3C6A700256A95F7038C54D2CD5

66C677E35751F725466CD06AD47D6F689B7CEF38

EDC3DE7FC48F8C9DC1FEA859C64B9AB68F2B04A0

795DADF850216836CC8BDAB892E4818A1FE8DF59

FB4CABCB191E77F95A074205394E7EBD727C45B9

As you can see, I was in full control of the craft at all times, and at no point did I collide with the ocean and explode into oblivion.

Yesterday, I finally gave the boys at Duna who were furious at me for forcing them to stay ~361 real life days crammed in a Mk1-2 Pod a Hitchhiker Storage Container, so they can now be comfortable and have board games to pass the time.

Unfortunately, now I live in Lag City. Hopefully .23's optimization will fix it.