What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Last night I successfully put a probe into orbit around Eeloo - rounding out my salad bar at last. Nothing for it now than to try and get some better devices.

Rovers should arrive at Eeloo in about another seventy days or so. Still trying to figure out what happened there - the probe traveled for nearly two years before it arrived. I'm hoping the rovers don't get there going so fast that I don't have enough delta-V for braking.

Launched the new Ranger Fox mission towards Jool. Already not looking good.

Dres window is coming up in two days; I'll be redesigning the Ranger Able mission to correct what went wrong the last time and probably launching it tonight.

0.23 reportedly comes out today; I think I'll take my usual leisurely approach to updates and grab it on Thursday, once the server's had a chance to recover a bit from the mad onslaught.

Flew the X-Wing to orbit, refueled at my station, docked with its interplanetary stage, and Landed on Laythe. And forgot to take screenshots except one at takeoff. Hopefully have enough fuel left to get Bill home later...

wAMQjQil.jpg

I played around with SSTO, I really need to figure out how to land the bloody thing. Now getting the .23 update as Steam decided to pause all downloads while I was messing around in KSP. SOOON......

Well the Tadpole MK1 (now called Tadpole MK1R) went back up with the new RAPIER engines, and it got up very nicely.

jlhl.png

Got into this orbit with more fuel than I was thinking as well.

k97l.png

Basically I swapped what way the fuel lines were going, removed the aerospike and turbo jets, and put on these RAPIERS. While it was not as fast at take off as before it still preformed very well.

Edited by Liowen

I updated to .23 and imported my saves from .22. Then I finished working on a protype plane I was working on and I sent Jeb to pilot it. Flew it across the continent for 15 minutes before deciding to land, and to see my position I checked the map - when weird beeping sounds occured and I lost all control of my plane as it spiralled out of controlled and crashed into the ocean. Then I creyed. :o

built my first SSTO:

pxJeb9s.png

now I may be speaking a bit too fast though, it's still orbit it, I have yet to land it... it should have enough fuel though

edit: landed it! works great, gotta say, R.A.P.I.E.R engine rocks

Edited by sickboy

I've started making a ISS-like station 340 km above Kerbin.

023iss.png

Regardless of the high altitude, I like how the game goes pretty smooth even with high details on my low end laptop. So far I really like this update.

I've decided not to discard my save, and continued working when I left.

SAS function seems a bit different. It's somewhat worse than in the previous version, but manageable.

Well after being mad that I couldn't land my SSTO after getting it into an orbit I decided to try one more time to see if I could do. So getting the new Tadpole MK1R out and putting Bartgard Kerman in the seat I took it up and got into a high orbit. After awhile I thought it through and decided it was time to bring Bartgard home so he could have snacks. While my landing was far from the prettiest, or closest to the KSC, I managed to land near-ish to KSC. I taxied it back near the space plane hanger for these.

Bartgard standing next to Tadpole MK1R

mgro.png

And showing how much fuel was left over after a trip into space and back again, not too shabby!

cwyl.png

I made an SSTO for the first time, that.. did the whole "get to orbit without explosion" thing; the new engines are fantastic. I also managed to dock it, which is another accomplishment as it was the first sideways docking I did (using one of those inline docking ports).

I know either have to evacuate my current station and start over, or do a massive redesign considering the docking arms are over the solar panels, so they are less then useful. Or I can redesign the SSTO.

Alas, I need to wait for Christmas break to do major work.

Edited by Nabiscovinco

Found out if you do a return / recover with a craft you never need to do it again. No more having to have multiple CoM Just to get the max points. =^.^=

Also encountered a bug where my Kerbals suffer from sudden decompression while EVA'ing in space and are flung at an amazing rate from the craft. Luckly I know how to do EVA and have yet to run out of fuel. Nice cool feature is we can see how much they have left and currently still have unlimited amounts as long as we return to the craft. As the monopropelent does not seem to go down. At least that I could tell.

Working my way up the tech tree again and saw that the new lab is bigger then the hitchhicker modual. To bad I cannot fly it up right now. Well I could try. But, it would be part heavy. No RAPIER engine part in sight yet.

Like most, I've been playing around with 0.23's new features today. My testing with the RAPIER engines has given rise to the Escape Velocity Space Duck:

space_duck.jpg

Getting 5 Kerbals to orbit on that little fuel and even having some fuel to spare once you get up there is awesome. And it's all thanks to the RAPIER, the best thing to ever happen to spaceplanes.