Xeldrak

What did you do in KSP today?

0XQxW8U.png

I solved a problem in Kerbal Komets where, when you install/uninstall the mod, any asteroid that you've visited changes shape and size. And in the process, I kept the komet sample experiment. Best yet, I might've solved the incompatibilities with Kopernicus! :)

kerbal komets! just installed that! sadly haven't found any comets yet :wink:

27 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

kerbal komets! just installed that! sadly haven't found any comets yet :wink:

If you have Kopernicus installed then you won't see them in the current release. Still working on that one... :)

Posted (edited)

Hey Kerbalomites.

I am sure you all missed me.

I was around.

Not much worth reporting.

Today I went Soviet Style. All stock.

Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/w31op

5Ur063T.png

20dcTJJg.png

IABEANYg.png

wFr9ngXg.png

pmMi88j.png

QwVN1BS.png

Val and Jeb are back at the KSC.

Still need to do a mission report.

It was interesting. Learned a lot about days gone by.

The LK had a nice retro look to it.

but ....That project was doomed.....

Keep on playing stimulating simulating.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

I finally got my KC-135 boom to work consistently - now to actually refuel something!

DBbe5zc.png

I also played around making some settings for a cinematic.

Hv6vnYr.png

This is in the "normal" lighting stage. In the "Defcon 1" stage, the lights turn red and spin around like crazy. It's perfect.

Posted (edited)

Just Starting out so went to all biomes on kerbin on a Kick ass Aircraft and got all the science

Edited by SHadowClone451208

I deployed 2 rovers on Duna!

1.(polar region)

Wanderer

8gDAUzM.png

its ''shell'

0AXX3pQ.png

2 (equatorial zone)

Stranger

W07xxF3.png

So last night I finally rescued my stranded Mun mission. Their lander ended up not having enough DV to get back into orbit of the Mun. So in a political miracle, the USSK sent a rescue ship.

The United States of Kerbal (USK) Mun launch.

IFEteel.png

Utilizing an Apolo style(ish) lander and command module docking.

4Jlumnp.png

AF850x5.png

First Kerbals on the Mun!

JHy5uYX.png

Look at that view!

YnBNIne.png

The USSK Mun rocket with rescue craft. The USSK lander was not built for reentry to Kerbin but to get the Kerbonauts off the Mun and back to their command module.

KfE9IED.png

The USSK rescue lander. Turned out to be poorly designed as the lander legs didn't quite reach past the bottom of the Poodle engine. (F9 was used more than I'd care to admit to get the landing pictured below)

e8IyO2x.png

The Kerbals jetted over to the rescue pod with all their science in their pockets and then launched toward their command pod. Do to different controls in the USSK lander much DV was wasted trying to get the rendevous but it was successful. Fuel was transferred to the command pod along with the science reports and the Kerbals themselves of course. The command pod got them safely back to Kerbin and much rejoicing was had at the USK and USSK command centers.

I'm building new ships for a new story that is going to go onto the Mission Reports forum.  This one's the KSS Kuzzter, a nuclear cargo ship.

956109e916fafff4e8cae8bd9accd56b.png

I actually needed another mod to get it working right.

6 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

I made a GIF of the Millennium Falcon flying on Eve

Awesome! Is that the in-game performance (speed/FPS) that you get or is it sped up?? Either way, awesome GIF and great craft too of course.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dafni said:

Awesome! Is that the in-game performance (speed/FPS) that you get or is it sped up?? Either way, awesome GIF and great craft too of course.

In a word no.  It's Star Wars, you gotta take advantage of the debug menu.  It does fly pretty much like that on Kerbin though.

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

Posted (edited)

Built this nice high-altitude plane, sent Jeb out to Kerbin's northern ice shelf to grab a sample and return to KSC.  Still had a quarter tank of gas when I got home.  That means this can literally fly halfway around Kerbin on a single tank of fuel.  Generally cruises at about 800 m/s at an altitude of 20,000 meters.  

S3IiHFh.jpg

pb64dX5.jpg

Edited by Fearless Son

Got creeped out by three girls. Long space travel and all, I guess takes a toll on Kerbal psyche...

screenshot21.png

Oh, and took some more of pretty pictures

screenshot11.png

screenshot14.png

screenshot15.png

I started a new pet-project, 'Kontakt'.

So I've been quite busy lately, testing out new things and finishing off the old. Hear me out, cause this is probably going to be a long one :D.

So.

my latest craft Pistachio One (an improvement on the little glider that was stuck on Minmus a week or two ago), went once again to the pale green speck. Arrival was nice and again, I packed I bit too much fuel. Pistachio One was originally designed to go to Minmus, land on the edge of the Greater flats, do some science and come home. Instead, the transfer stage was used to make a soft landing and Jeb hopped out and planted a flag.

Then, after the science was collect, I flew to the Lowlands. Then the Midlands. The Highlands and the slopes.

Spoiler

screenshot7.png

screenshot10.png

screenshot13.png

screenshot18.png

I then left my science save and went to sandbox to figure out what to do next.

In the meantime, I made a B-1 Lancer that I'm happy with:

Spoiler

screenshot24.png

screenshot35.png

screenshot39.png

screenshot38.png

The Lancer fly's nicely, with a top speed of 458m/s. I tried with wings swept back, as I originally intended to make a stock swing-wing, but the speed only increase by 30m/s under the same conditions, and I preferred the better handling of the first version.

Back to Pistachio One:

After some thinking, I decided Pistachio One could make it to the Lesser Flats. The landing at the Highlands was quick, as balancing in a Poodle engine isn't Jeb's forte. A quick burst of fuel sent him on a nice trajectory to my favourite place on Minmus. A nook in the south end of the lesser flats:

Spoiler

screenshot19.png

Tooth-like ridges on the edge of the Highlands:

screenshot21.png

screenshot53.png

screenshot64.png

screenshot68.png

It was decided that the mission was good to go home, so Jeb boarded Pistachio One and took off, ditching the spent transfer stage early in the ascent. The Spark engine was ignited, pushing P1 into an acceptable orbit. A handy Mün Encounter was picked to collect some science and slow us down a tad, and soon, Jeb was back home, making an easy landing in the desert.

Spoiler

screenshot70.png

screenshot72.png

screenshot78.png

screenshot84.png

screenshot88.png

screenshot95.png

Spoiler

screenshot105.png

screenshot111.png

screenshot115.png

Jeb has now been reassigned to my new Light Cargo Test Vehicle, the C-27 II Super Spartan. I seem to have lost the screenshot of its design, but here's a picture of it delivering a troop truck to the Island Airbase:

screenshot126.png

A really weird thing about it is that it's takeoff speed is about 120m/s, but it's stall speed is <40m/s...

Today I wrangled with an uncooperative game where, putting up new relay satellites in perfect circular orbits (ion powered, no MechJeb), I found every time I used time warp to help the wait for a satellite to reach a desired position, the damned Ap and Pe would change - because of the time warp. A few meters here, a few meters there... so inconsistent... so damned aggravating. My thinking is that this is not a thing which should be happening, there is no reason for it. Anyone else who has experienced this, feel free to chime in.

:mad:

It happened

W91kQ3G.png

15 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Today I wrangled with an uncooperative game where, putting up new relay satellites in perfect circular orbits (ion powered, no MechJeb), I found every time I used time warp to help the wait for a satellite to reach a desired position, the damned Ap and Pe would change - because of the time warp. A few meters here, a few meters there... so inconsistent... so damned aggravating. My thinking is that this is not a thing which should be happening, there is no reason for it. Anyone else who has experienced this, feel free to chime in.

:mad:

I've had this happen before, and something similar. When rendezvousing two things, when I time warp, my target just sort of teleports to its right for no reason.

1 hour ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

snippity snip

So Kerbin Global Warming is a thing now?

I finally managed to fly under the bridge!

Probably with the stupidest thing ever.

Ii2M7CP.png

Works really well though, especially with 10 wings clipped into the command pod

Landed 2 rovers in the Polar Crater on the Mun. Gonna send up a crew tank and fill them with Kerbals before sending them on their duties.

fTP4SJk.jpg

Just the start of rebuilding a space empire lost with my old hard drive.

I had a ton of launches these 2 days!

1.- Cyan shuttle

"Cyan" shuttle is the first shuttle i've ever built! First tests were awful-rolling,flipping and wiggling, but then, as my idea of shuttle was getting more and more perfect ,the shuttle was already prepared for launch! It flew perfectly but sadly didn't land... All crew landed using parachutes in their suits!

w66nUy4.png

It had a lot of fuel! And was really good shuttle for me!

2. Finish of "Ablation" relay on minmus. 

''Ablation' relay consists of 4 identical satellites on different orbital incliniation!

It will really help with my next 4 crewed missions to minmus!

Last probe to be released from the mothership

CzuOevX.png

3. ''Gauss" unmanned lander is orbiting minmus for now!

The concept of "Gauss" is to have an orbiting lander around one planet/moon for it to be visited by crewed missions regularly. It can be easly repaired and reconfigurated using modular design (docking ports everywhere)

It will reduce the cost of flight to minmus!

e1Bjqqq.png

4/5 is 2 launches of different rockets but with similar aim!.

"Fluorine" rocket

jMQIM4X.png

and "Power" rocket

BfhjbB3.png

Both carried identicall payload of Mark 1-2TE (thud engines)

FZuqiZD.png

And both succeeded

And that is it for today!

Posted (edited)

Having nothing to do, i put all planes together to take family photos, kids first then adults.

j81YYr.jpg

Eg6EEA.jpg

m3788R.jpg

8M2EEa.jpg

edit- imgurl link if anyone interested. http://imgur.com/gallery/OxPmo

Edited by qromodynmc