What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I built a space ladder, and reached 328m. The top swayed at 8m/s, and when I detatched it it destroyed the launchpad complex.

I'm building a space station with my brother in DMP.

Bsykd8l.png

I made the ring module, and my brother made the other two.

I also saw minmus from kerbin.

Edited by roboslacker
posted wrong image

[1.2.1 Career Save Year 3 Day 424] The flotilla of probes sent to Duna under contract in the first transfer window arrived over a period of 50 Kerbin days in Earth time today.

First the Duna High Resolution Scan (DHRS) entered orbit. It's lander crashing into Duna near the north pole (odd contract that one!)

UTJXQsZ.jpg

Next, 5 days later the Ike Informer orbiter entered orbit and then sent the lander down to gather science (not for some reason DHRS is acting as communication relay currently).

DPR9ZkZ.jpg

There are 2 more ships on their way to Duna entering the SOI in the next 100 days, included is an atmospheric lander for Duna and more orbiters that will become relays for the future kerballed missions that DDRocketsInc will be sending.

In my Eyes Turned Skywards-style career mode game, the USSR launched 'Luna-3,' the first artificial Minmus satellite:

6Q942eC.jpg

The USA launches the first ever spacecraft capable of carrying two crew members, 'Daedalus-Freedom-1.'

uGqUpQv.jpg

ChwBcUD.jpg

And, after President of the USA, John F. Kermanndy, made his famous We Choose to go to the Mun speech, which prompts the USSR to launch an unmanned test of a spacecraft designed to take two Kerbals on Munar and Minmus flybys, 'Zond-1.'

F8eybQi.jpg

The entire report is found here.

okay, I tried smaller, and failed bigger...let the pictures tell the tale

Spoiler

ht0hNuT.png

YEhTeNC.png

you can see the problem...

8I0biAK.png

its getting woooorse!!!!

dmKmLHQ.png

sorry, no kaboomie pictures, it went too fast... :(

g64FdxW.png

kRq9C8v.png

every other kerbal lives, but this one has to die?

05TAXsC.png

wow....

O9QODTr.png

wooooow...

Fv5w1TF.png

wooooooooooooooooooow.............

twwRzLm.png

good thing there's no laws so I cant be charged for murder...

52J7nIm.png

gets worse and worse...

OlOfhYS.png

a final picture of the remains of the Kerbal, you can notice there's nothing there

and I now have killed 72 kerbals in one save :D

Still playing with 3x rescale of stock kerbin system + my mod planets. I've got rockets and SSTOs to kerbin orbit, a mk3 dropship for mun... so I started trying to make a SSTO for my planet Rald (which went from 450km radius to 1,350 radius).

First attempt:

kKNQmwT.png

Didn't have enough pitch authority to get a high enough angle of attack to have it maintain level flight below ~300 m/s in Rald's thin atmosphere... landings were unsuccessful,

Went for liftjets, panther's dont do as well as turboramjets in the thin atmosphere:

bEOwNFv.png

With a vector for the final phase of the landing, I was able to set it down:

2uNQCtg.png

zGEcT3n.png

It came up short on dV to get to orbit (plenty of spare LF), and with all the turboramjets + the vector underneath, it kept wanting to tuck under during the closed cycle phase.

Relocated the turboramjets to positions on the wings (so that it doesnt want to pitch down so much)/ mk3 canards, and changed out the 2x Mk3 Liquid Fuel Fuselage and changed it to 2x Mk3 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Short and 2x Mk3 Rocket Fuel Fuselage Short... it has the dV now, but i havent tested its flight performance or terminal landing characteristics.

9 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I managed to stabilize my train so that I can actually use timewarp past 2x

Yay. Elcano preparations are moving along.

Are you going for it ?

Still haven't done the Elcano, the route is hard for land vehicles, having to cross some seas...

Goodluck.

Just now, Triop said:

Are you going for it ?

Still haven't done the Elcano, the route is hard for land vehicles, having to cross some seas...

Goodluck.

At the moment no, but seriously considering it. Still trying to figure out how to make a train cross an ocean.

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

At the moment no, but seriously considering it. Still trying to figure out how to make a train cross an ocean.

Yeah, I'm sort of preparing a car trip around Kerbin using this ferry:

gQKMhJp.png

It is possible but it will take sooooo much time, driving the car and sending the ferry.

A solution would be sending multiple ferry's in position first and then start driving.

It would still be very time consuming and nailbiting, can't wait to start. ^_^

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

It was actually based on this

LNER A4 4468 Mallard, currently world's fastest steam train

Beautiful..

Also reminded me of:

rs_1024x429-151019094126-1024.star-wars-

^_^

Got a call...

"Please let me come home"

Hn60dQv.png

Funny Kerbals ^_^

Edited by Triop

Messed with ships of various sizes today for my KSP Analysis/Mission Report Imagining a Kerbal Future. The first was hybrid between an Orion Drive and a Closed Cycle Gas Core engine, since this would mostly remove the need for a space tug to that the ship does not blow up the surrounding area...m5d1xEH.png

This was a hybrid that combined the Magnetoplasmadynamic thruster and a Thermal Launch Nozzle to balance thrust and efficiency.

zc9hqY8.png

I also messed with a bit of space warfare—the combat ranges are more limited than I want them to, but it was interesting nonetheless. The probe pictured is a drone with two turbolaser cannons, and the other bullets are coming from a ship with a single gun meant to act as a CIWS. The usual result was that the ship sustained heavy damage, but the weak drone would eventually be destroyed. Having a sort of Space AI would be useful, since I would have to counter the enemy's thrust, and the ranges possible with BDA are too close...

kQE0Xnt.png

Edited by SaturnianBlue