What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Had fün with a Mün lander:

BA4093AEBF42BE185D819D68B75B0546845078BB

Bit hard to see. But, there be 2 side boosters that where separated from the craft. One of them even escaped from Mü's SOI with the other impacting.

Also had fun docking without RCS too:

35C449A743E09A469D4669FE1B827A3DDFF24315

2 hours ago, Kuansenhama said:

UnnSLSR.png

Stuff like this is why I always want to get into the Base building and life support side of KSP, but not going to lie: I'm more than a little scared of the learning curve. Any suggestions? :o

Edited by PanzerAce

Brief

TL/DR: I went to the Mun and performed Seismic and Gravimetric analysis on every biome with a miner/converter drone.

4l4mIqs.gif

Long story

I’m still working on my Ultra hard career where I put all the reward sliders on 10%.  My goal is to unlock the tech tree.

I’ve unlocked about half of the tech tree but I still have a long way to go. The Wiki states that I need approximately 16K scienes points to unlock the entire tech tree. I calculated that I’m only able to get 14K science points with the sliders at 10% so that’s going to be a problem. This number is just a rough estimate, but indicates I have to perform a lot of science to unlock the entire tech tree.

CunjoCarl showed me I could use the Leadership strategy to increase my experiment science output with 30%, at the cost of income and rep. I want to adopt this strategy for a big mission to Vall, where I want to farm all the science.

However, I’m lacking science points to adopt the strategy so I  upgraded the R&D facility to tier 3 and unlocked the seismic and gravimetric experiments. I took these experiments to the Mun to gain enough science points for the leadership strategy.

All went well and I also experimented with the mobile processing lab.

Here is the full report.

In my Campaign I decided to make the best of the next Duna transfer.
I sent 7 different craft (instead of merging them all into one mega vehicle), two of which are base segments, two are relays, one is an ore scanner, one is a biome hopper, and one is a flying fuel tanker rover.

I am very proud of that rover, it has enough Delta-V to land almost anywhere from Kerbin orbit. (Or I think 4000 delta V is enough to do that...)

In all of these vessels, there are only two Kerbals. One scientist, and one engineer, ready to set up thier refuelling station on Duna. Then hop around in the biome hopper. Fun! I only decided to send this after I realized I was sending too many vehicles to Duna at once, because I wanted to make the best of the single transfer window. So I just sent it, which is why I forgot a 3rd relay, a high powered relay, a return vehicle for the contract, and an ore tanker.

Edit: I now need to send two relays, not just one... I accidentally skipped the entry of Duna Relay 2 because I was busy getting the Science section on the right course. Oh well... that's not too bad. It didn't have any Kerbals or anything.

Edited by digger1213

1 hour ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I'm out of likes! In like twenty minutes of browsing two pages of forum!:0.0:

I didn't check this thread for one day due to being busy and more than 25 awesome things occur!

@SQUAD @UomoCapra  Can the limit be raised at all, I feel the community is big enough to support 30-40 likes/day without it becoming a problem

jaYyHZB.jpg

My first intentional Eve landing.  Been putting this planet off for a long time, going to start the groundwork for the crewed visit.  This probe actually encountered Eve twice, I forgot to set an alarm for the mission and had to use the rest of my fuel to get another encounter the second time around.  Luckily, my Jool Drop Probe just needed an inflatable shield and it was good to go for direct descent from the flyby intercept.  Drop Probe craft file in my kerbalX sig.

Hi wonderful person! I hope you're doing alright.

Now,i will share some stuff i did lately:

1. Return from the Dunian base "Blue Dawn". The first mission to dunian base came to an end.... But there will be more.

(i just realised i forgot to picture docking,and Kerbin capture...I am turning to old for this)

TEHG9ke.png NocMjpg.png

Fh6iqZZ.png VDsbIge.png

71MXrLz.png EcHOI0X.png

2. Flight of the "Polarwander" to the Kerbin's poles! 

vXuzslJ.png ag4EEgj.png

UPWFoMA.png k7CNcNI.png

3. A sad mid-flight failure of a new rocket... It is very lucky that we had only Valentina on board,but even if she has survived we lost her in the tundra.. The next day we will try to save her..

PWQUpjx.png maLt2KF.png

wIuPL5m.png 9dJ32N0.png

4. Return of the "Triangulurum " visitors! MK3 is one of the most modern capsules to be serially made!

odvmdu6.png gL7xHud.png

oaYrkpl.png q3mJlYK.png

5. A new plane made- "Binaris"! A quick and manueverous plane,its takeoff speed is 50m/s and it can glide just above the surface if needed. A good plane indeed.

coLb3AI.png 3RNwyUZ.png

3G84roi.png

That is it for now! But stay tuned..I still have Val somewhere in the nowhere..

Edited by cratercracker

More Iota basework as I wait for transfer windows for my probes.   Adding the USI recycler the other day did wonders for the Supplies consumption, but killed the Electric Charge capacity of the main base.  

Having tested the small 1.25m nuclear reactor on the Fuel Converter,  I decided one would be useful at the main base too.

Connected directly to the recycler at a reasonable distance from the habitation and laboratory, the nuke reactor with plenty of cooling is just what the Engineer ordered:

cipJj6B.jpg

I even added a little Cherenkov radiation on the reactor (we'll pretend that no medium is required).  Looks cool at night.

bKvAZ11.jpg

Edited by klesh

On 4/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, qzgy said:

Actually, it was that they were too far up the air brake, meaning it slid off when deployed. Thanks though.

Thanks, though I was already doing that.

Worked further on it. Now it looks the part more, but the docking ports do not dock properly. Any tips?

FMGaIrH.png

Misalignment thing

Docking ports must separate by at least 1.3m before they'll dock again (thank to @Servo research).

Maybe the thermometers on the upper port have pulled it slightly to the right so it wasn't aligned when they collided?

If dockingports collide as in the picture above, they may decide that they are close enough to connect, but already past the point that docking is triggered, and weld together.  The craft are now connected but not considered docked, and cannot be undocked.

After a long hesitation to share something with the community what lies within my capabilities i will share some works i found on internet as Smartphone wallpapers all of them Spacethemed. I will bring more in and will try to make some WP's related to KSP too. I hope you will have fun at this.

Here yah go

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Welp, just got back from a rather long break from KSP. Started a fresh science career yesterday with a close to vanilla install, just KER and Tweakscale. I always enjoy the "buildup" part of gaming. :D

Sent up Atlantis to install the P3/P4 truss sections. Edit: The PIRS module is on the incorrect Russian module. Ill have to move it over to the Zvezda. Darn Kerbals can't get anything right! haha

Edited by hellblazer