Xeldrak

What did you do in KSP today?

Bornholio    806
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

(epilepsy warning!).

I don't have epilepsy.  Why do i feel sick and why the rump snoggins do you have lights that bright on helo blades?

Cleared out all my KSP installs and reloaded a fresh RO/RP-0 Dev build.  Got frustrated with problems docking and other issues.

Started New Career

First to space.  Made it to 152km on very basic hardware "Borf I"

2FhVtYr.png

Little high Sounding rocket trying to get some samples back....352km burned up. Still good science came back. "Borf II"

0kX3e5s.png

First orbital sat. Went into a 252x1250km orbit. Stuck there, no ignitions left.  Going to try RCS de-orbit at AP. "Bingo Junk I"

7jk6lSG.gif

Failed first reentry, failed to notice i was past AP when circularizing, wobbled on entry and flamed out. "Probebnugen I & II"

Nz90zqo.gif

Still got good polar data and more science.

i9bRCVX.png

Edited by Bornholio

TheDARKOMETER    229
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Triop said:

Something is up...and it ain't my *classified* <_<

1EqXBYD.png

tqz8YIW.png

IYfetJa.png

TQAugOC.png

:ph34r:

Nice MiGs, but those engines tho:o. What are thooooose? What mod?  Also how much thrust does that engine produce :D ? 

Also I should start making Russian Fighter replicas, but they're much harder to make, especially the Sukhoi's. ;.;

Edited by TheDARKOMETER

qzgy    1758
15 minutes ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

What mod?

No mod! Circular intake clipped into a panther.

TheDARKOMETER    229
Just now, qzgy said:

No mod! Circular intake clipped into a panther.

Oh so that's why it looked different yet familiar :D. Really clever technique there to make the engine aesthetic.

Sirad    73

actually playing Half Size RSS with Stockalike parts (not the ugly Standard ones)

'tis hard to land on Moon at lower techs, if Orbit needs 5300 m/s but makes fun.

LoSBoL    328
On ‎14‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 10:12 AM, astroheiko said:

The exploration of the Hox System slowly comes to the end. At the last station, the Annomalie, I make still a remembrance photo. In the upper right corner,
where the many small dots are, are almost all the planets in the Cirosystem. Only Nero and Leto are missing.

vk8H46p.jpg

We're done here and head off to Argo. The Rover remains at the monolith.

MBS5w6x.jpg

30 days later the crew is back at Argo and prepares to land.

stkjCf8.jpg

Where shall I land, so many hills?

m1zjh1i.jpg

Of course, the lander wants to land somewhere on a slope with 45 degrees inclination. Therefore, I place the SAS just before touchdown on
Radial Out and give only so much thrust that I can hold the height. With the thrusters I hover then so long through the area until I have a
flat place. The landscape can only be enjoyed by the crew after the landing.

p24IMtp.jpg

A fairly active moon, steaming and hissing everywhere.

Again, there is a monolith, this time a green one.

XLs5pqs.jpg

After all biomes are explored there is still a reminder photo of the flag.

ztAaRAC.jpg

Now we are goiong to meet the mothership. First, the connector for the claw and the narrow band scanner must be placed in the cargobay. Then I dock the lander to

the mothership to make it full. One more time to land and then I can go to Gael.

ppHSrXG.jpg

After this docking everything is ready for the departure. I have as little oxidizer as possible to have as much dV as possible - a total of
9.512 m/s. 255 records are also on board.

z7uQ6gO.jpg

I just can't stop drewling when looking at your lander, I just love it

I made this before i've seen yours, but in no way it has the refinement of your design, it's absolutely awesome! Now where is that drewling smiley when you need one. :confused:

1k0.jpg

Sirad    73
14 hours ago, astroheiko said:

The mothership to Leto needs 2 more relays, so I quickly put a rocket together. My freight SSTO I could have taken too but it does not fly
as great as I would like. So we take a rocket, which goes faster.

vBFCBoQ.jpg

I would like to see this ship getting launched into orbit.

Tw1    2178
Posted (edited)

I became the "coolest program director ever" when I told my kerbals they would soon be using dirt bikes on Duna. 

5Ts5hck.png

Naturally, we developed the technology on Kerbin First.

DCcN0Oa.png

Sorta broke the universe a few times during testing. You know how it is .2T5VfY3.png

Tested for cool jumps, turns take practice.

tfR6v3L.png

Xqr3338.png

The heavy duty version has roll bars, so it's definitely pretty safe. 

ks7khDh.png

As with most things in KSP, it's a bit dangerous sometimes. Make sure you always wear your helmet. 

hUiboHY.png

Edited by Tw1

Bornholio    806
Posted (edited)

Morning run into orbit trying again to reenter. The clouds are working now.  Staying away from a few mods (Vens', CLS, Semi-Sat, Test Flight, Persistent, Filter Ext.) was a good choice.  Game is running great even with FASA/NF/Cryo parts packs.

High reflectivity parts in the FASA pack looked a bit weird with blue reflection from sky.

9Ml7eit.png

Got the stage fuel near perfect and it circ'd before even hitting mid Atlantic.

8rtw4xF.png

RV getting oriented for entry.  Still burned up.  Need more drag and a heavier heat shield.  It was very close.

h48OzSo.png

The "Leroy Jenkins I" RV test system was mostly a success just as its namesake. Could take away about half the RCS fuel and 200dV from de-orbit fuel. Or keep the safety margin....nah.

ycm4wD7.gif

Edited by Bornholio

Alpha 360    237
Posted (edited)

I was sending a prototype base to the surface of the Mun to meet up with the first part of the base. I was so happy with my self when I had started my suicide burn into the Mun. Thanks Kerbal Engineer! Then I looked away for a moment then corrected my trajectory towards the base. Then the most unexpected thing happened. I LANDED ON MY OWN BASE! Debris was everywhere, as well as my mind. I started laughing madly, then reloaded the landing. I'll try not to be as precise next time.

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

cratercracker    2323

Hello my never-retiring colleques! Hope you all are okay? Oh who am i trying to trick..It is exam weeks, nothing is okay.

(and i also broke my leg, though i am still going to school)

Alright, lets get back to our topic- KSP.

The Stuffy Stuff That Stuffs Stuff: (best explaination of everything i do in KSP)

1. Flight of "Kallibri" shuttle! Small maneuverous shuttle, into the orbit and back to KSC! I am in love with those shuttles! Despite its awesomeness it had a mission- observe debris in orbit around kerbin, i didn't really interscept any piece, though it discovered a large cloud of big parts in sub-orbital trajectory.

jd4u1JC.png w7rgqBR.png

pekEn2C.png PoGW4hS.png

g0HTrDY.png rYeiW4U.png

2. Chance-3  heading back to Kerbin! After a short mission of upgrading munar base "Hydrogen" the crew departs back!

OmVQ3xH.png 8IhqnGw.png

xBBHiu0.png 5Ia9amU.png

3. "Skeleton-3" lands on Minmus, after long time, waiting in orbit, preparing the crew, the mission reached its milestone! Minmus is great at dusk and morning!

YofQEaG.png 8KVzPyh.png

W7NHEUy.png 0DExyvx.png

4. Mk2-R-I (remake-Individia) is put in use! This weirdly designed pod is very manueverable, though it is not its best side...

QxXFt4K.png sW5t1Aq.png

Nl27LKh.png HZrvvcf.png

5. New SSTO! - Ohotnik (eng:hunter). Basicly a very big plane, with a nuke strapped on the tail, but it is KSP after all..

xe5UaTE.png Xow4vKT.png

MLSAVCn.png UUtGhxL.png

c0PI5SZ.png

That is it folk! Got to mention just one thing: You all are awesome! Without support i get on forum!

PT    116

White Base carrier was selected for Duna mission. While modules for this enterprise are built, designed, and sometimes even tested before launch, White Base went on for shakedown flight around Kerbin moons. Lives of three brave tourists are used to test concept crafts for Duna and Ike landers. As at least one carrier class vessel is required to be on standby in Kerbin orbit, Stellario was launched. Extending on White Base design it greatly extended monopropelant (White Base is forced to fly with monoprop strap-on) storage, switched from problematic 3-way symmetry docking hub to classic 4-way, increased total count of docking ports from 8 to 12 all while increasing raw delta-v from 6k to 7.5k.

Aside of amalgamation of landers and drones White Base got equipped with Spartan class autonomous heatshield module. Due to lack of bow docking port in Stellario discussion erupted about viability of aerobraking in suggested Jool-V mission for this vessel, use of CLAW was rejected as such brutal measures are bound to have negative effect on chastity of ship.

As launch and equipment for White Base and Stellario had noticeable effect on company bank account measures has been taken to guarantee swift return of investment.

FungusForge    279

Chucked this at Sarnus, where it will later land on Eeloo and build a base.

d5hiK8T.jpg

The thing is totally unmanned, and will have to build a base, bit by bit (via Simple Construction), until said base can reproduce under its own power. Once the base base advances enough, the rover will recycle itself into the base, and the base will build ships to hunt for Karborundum.

However I almost put myself through a 25 minute burn for nothing, because it didn't occur to me to design the base modules beforehand, and had to struggle to make useful base modules under a 600 rocketpart limit. I managed it for the most part, but had to make a robotics arm to link the base to the rover because all of the science labs (which Simple Construction uses to make rocketparts) are too expensive for the aforementioned rocketpart limit.

16 hours ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

This is where you separate simple boneheadedness from true stupidity. You probably already noticed; there are still no parachutes on the vessel. :confused:

Is that even possible?

It happens in real life too

astroheiko    776
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

I just can't stop drewling when looking at your lander, I just love it

I made this before i've seen yours, but in no way it has the refinement of your design, it's absolutely awesome! Now where is that drewling smiley when you need one. :confused:

Thank you very much. Before this Lander I have always put some garbage together - main thing it works. But as I have seen here in the forum the many beautiful things I wanted to have something like that. It does not look like it, but it can land on Tylo and return to orbit.

9 hours ago, Sirad said:

I would like to see this ship getting launched into orbit.

Your wish should be fulfilled. Here you will find a detailed description of the mothership and also some pictures of the launch.

Launch of the mothership

Back to work:

Today there is an update to my Flyby probe. She has refueled and is now on the way to Icarus.

uHq5p99.jpg

During the flyby of Icarus I do not make any maneuvers, I will wait another 5 days to reach Ciroperiapsis. Because I have incredibly good luck and can reach there for about 1740 m/s dV a encounter with Niven. My next goal.

M7II6nY.jpg

After the flyby at Niven I do not know further anymore. Tellumo and Lilli would be the next goal, but I believe the juice goes out.

F1Mbkt9.jpg

After I set the maneuvernode for Tellumo it becomes clearer, it is not enough. I have to make a stopover "at home" to refuel. So I'm planning a maneuver at the Ciroperiapsis for Gael and then an orbit around Iota. Arrived at Gael, I burn an orbit and have again impertinent luck to meet Iota  at the AP without having to make corrections. However, I do not have much more fuel, which could be scarce.

i2x36Qv.jpg

At the PE around Iota I set a maneuver to land immediatly without to burn first an orbit. After the maneuver I still have 290 m/s dV, which becomes tight. And I've got shameless luck again - incredible. 10 m before the touchdown, the fuel goes out and the probe lands with 5m/s, in one piece.

sEVJErT.jpg

After refueling, the probe flies to Tellumo. I do not have to go there yet but I can fly a swingby maneuver and come to Gratian for only 17m/s.

yFB1sKt.jpg

Some 100 days later, I would like to fly a course correction to get a low Periapsis for Gratian. I want to land at Geminus and refuel, as the trip to Otho is to continue. At the same time I put the focus on Otho in map mode and notice that I am after the course correction already to 5 million km with Otho. That can not be true: first I land with the last drop on Iota and I'm lucky that I do not crash, then I get a flyby at Tellumo for just 17m/s for Gratian and now I have a total of just 4m/s to get to Otho. No joke - has really happened so. The probe has a maximum of 7549 m/s dV and now 6030 dV are still left. Most of it I needed to get from Gael to Tellumo. I still have a picture of the Gratian/Otho trajectory.

FM8H0oA.jpg

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

Triop    3713
Posted (edited)

Today I made a little base, new to building buildings, I like it. :lol:

mZL3vFv.png

AC9dmUF.png

kQPaZXP.png

nV9xfrn.png

wQ61Fh6.png

Edited by Triop

Jouni    951

Yesterday my electric shuttle returned from Moho. Because the shuttle had no parachutes, I had to leave it in LKO. Today I built a ship to retrieve the crew.

Spoiler

crew_recovery_1.jpg

The ship may have been a bit overkill for 4 kerbals.

crew_recovery_2.jpg

I finally found good use for the cargo ramp.

crew_recovery_3.jpg

The ship behaved surprisinly well for its shape during reentry, and soon it splashed safely down in the ocean.

Spoiler

crew_recovery_4.jpg

crew_recovery_5.jpg

Triop    3713
13 minutes ago, Jouni said:

I finally found good use for the cargo ramp.

crew_recovery_3.jpg

Wait, WUT ? :o That somehow looks very awkward to me...brilliant, but awkward....:lol:

Triop    3713
Posted (edited)

Sunrise.

bYi4iia.png

xL521d5.png

Edited by Triop

Kertech    501

Not a lot has been accomplished, mainly cause I broke the universe (and have been "studying" for OSCE's)

Yd8Svvx.jpg 

Soo after fixing the night sky...

I launched an Airship ( @Angel-125 seemed to be having a lot of fun with their parts pack, It does not disappoint!)

Then sent to the Mun the first station outside of LKO, thing required a full saturn V just to get there! (My saturnV can do 150 tonnes LKO or 50tonnes to Mun) 

McXFEkg.jpg

Plenty of room for expansion modules later and planned reusable Munlander (stations needed due to USI's hab limits)

Finally I sent up Gloria (I've named all of my shuttles after women of an older generation (apologies if they are yours as well) )

Gloria is my most advanced shuttle, a Wyvern 3 core, with nervs, what's not to love!!

well other than trying to dock it which was a gluteal pain!!

SQjOmmg.jpg 

Posted (edited)

Created a Thermal Nuclear Ramjet concorde using KSP Ie and Kerbal Aerospace Plus on my twitch stream.

dknRys6.jpg

Began to lose peripherals at about 1.3km/sec. Going to try to fine tune for even higher speeds by moving external parts into cargo bay. Trying to make a fast way around in atmosphere to biomes and anomalies.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex