Don't ask...

nB2eS3s.png

:ph34r:

Triop    3713

Oh dear....

Brent Kerman    236
1 minute ago, Triop said:

Oh dear....

I think your plane and bombing strategy is perfect!

Triop    3713
44 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I think your plane and bombing strategy is perfect!

Then you will also love this... ^_^

7 hours ago, Triop said:

Today I screwed up my intake trying to give it a red cone... <_< <snip>

If you could figure out how to screw up the other parts in the same way you could have a pretty cool paint scheme going there.

Triop    3713
1 minute ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

If you could figure out how to screw up the other parts in the same way you could have a pretty cool paint scheme going there.

Full black with some red stripes would look pretty cool indeed. :lol:

Anybody out there that can help me making the intake cone red ?

JoeNapalm    505

Felt like a trip to the Mun in my new save.

So I built the Titan Mk I for Jeb to take for a little spin:

CFB9B775C0C3BBAAF23E8922AD01FE3CD320D587F484F5EF70FD4017935ADBBDBAB682D4B35F0B6BF57C3A72F2B7EF3FB2AB23E8315324CAD5DA36718DB6EAD819B5F48E13AFFDBB0B776016816EB3F69F451D0B0D02D3868C74F2B7A71B06D58BBEF83A7E5CD8AB2EE594788AEBCACB307278351CE38A842CA0EE02A422037A5176D46654A6DD56D3171763

-Jn-

3 hours ago, Triop said:

Anybody out there that can help me making the intake cone red ?

It's a fairly simple texture edit (plus some MODEL node wizardry).
S4hBVOD.png
...Hmm. Now I'm halfway tempted to do black w/red trim recolors of the rest of the Mk1 aero parts. 

Kertech    501
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Triop said:

Don't ask...

nB2eS3s.png

:ph34r:

Get some distinctly scifi vibes,

Movie tag line;

"they came in peace, for us to make war" 

etc

on a different note I'm finding the rep saying 444 pleasing!

Edited by Kertech

1 hour ago, Kertech said:

on a different note I'm finding the rep saying 444 pleasing!

MUWAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAAAA!

KerbMav    918
Posted (edited)

Only recently started playing again. More like dabbling in stock KSP while waiting for 1.3 and my standard mods.

Edited by KerbMav

Bornholio    806
Posted (edited)

/GGfOeoF.png

11 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

MUWAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAAAAA!

/poke

Shhh 444 you are now.

Mw5p9HO.png5sbsacI.png

Edited by Bornholio
pics

PT    116

Today I saved my two space carriers from changes in game and mods that went unnoticed by me....

When I tried to fine tune White Base munar orbit with RCS I discovered that all monoprop tanks are empty because MevhJeb got "RCS throttle when engines are offline" option. Somewhere during my maneuvering it decided that engines are offline... So I sent 3k monoprop tanker drone and refueled every little tank on all crafts attached to White Base... Luckily Stellario increased monoprop capacity (and no munar encounters) left it at over 80%.

When landing tourists on Mun I discovered that half of my liquid fuel was gone. Apparently rocket fuel is now drained evenly across stage. Not a thing you want to learn during suicide burn. Generous supply of monoprop had major part in achieving orbit again...

Meanwhile at Kerbaton space station first batch of Station Science results began descent maneuvers.

Zeiss Ikon    194
3 minutes ago, PT said:

When landing tourists on Mun I discovered that half of my liquid fuel was gone. Apparently rocket fuel is now drained evenly across stage. Not a thing you want to learn during suicide burn.

This is not always default behavior.  Decouplers default to crossfeed off (in which setting, only tanks within a stage drain evenly).  I don't recall whether docking clamps default to crossfeed on or off, but they can be set to off.  All in all, draining a stage evenly without intervention is, I think, a big plus -- but I can see crossfeed as being an issue if you weren't expecting it...

PT    116
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

This is not always default behavior.  Decouplers default to crossfeed off (in which setting, only tanks within a stage drain evenly).  I don't recall whether docking clamps default to crossfeed on or off, but they can be set to off.  All in all, draining a stage evenly without intervention is, I think, a big plus -- but I can see crossfeed as being an issue if you weren't expecting it...

Docking ports default to "on".  Oh, they certainly do so... Little round ***** sabotaging my mission >.<

Edit: Oh, look, profanity filter replaces words :>

Edited by PT

Zeiss Ikon    194
9 minutes ago, PT said:

Docking ports default to "on".  Oh, they certainly do so... Little round ***** sabotaging my mission >.<

There's also "flow priority" which can prevent unexpected depletion of "universally shared" resources like Electric Charge and Monopropellant.  It works the same way with Lf/O when crossfeed is enabled.  Best of both worlds, once you have the habit of checking it in VAB -- but, BUT!!!  Flow priority will get munged if you undock and redock (as for an Apollo-style transposition to put your lander and command pod nose to nose for trans-Munar passage).  I've had a Mun mission command stage wind up reliant on the Mk. 1 Command Pod's reaction wheel (and tiny battery) because the RCS got used up -- and I'd undocked to discard the lander (on a burn-up orbit) before I noticed I had dry monopropellant tanks (hence couldn't redock, even if I had more than ten minutes until atmosphere).

Bornholio    806
Posted (edited)

Ran a high over earth space mission with an attempt at sample return.  made a Titan Main stage with 5 Minuteman Solids under it. 

As it flew the first stage didn't clear cleanly and flipped the whole main rocket completely 180.  Thankfully between decent gimble and enough control surfaces it made it back to on course after loosing 250m/s.

GkflsqA.pngqyP0VEm.png

Stacked a Orbital bus module to get the Hydrolox upper stage into orbit.  Detached the sample return before circularizing and sent it on its way.  got ready to circ.  RCS to clear the sample box.  Then proceeded to hit it as the burn started.

pmlkBi2.png

Sample return is now in 36kx240km orbit.  carefully drop the PE back down to 74km.  Made two passes and burned up the first heat shield dropping to orbital velocity.  got all the way down to flying low and jettisoned the heat shield remains. Then the sample box would not slow down and never fired the chutes.  /sigh  On to the Try number three.

@PT Advanced tweakables option.  Fuel flow priority settings can be set in flight and VAB.  Makes tuning balance easier too.

Edited by Bornholio

PT    116
21 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

There's also "flow priority" which can prevent unexpected depletion of "universally shared" resources like Electric Charge and Monopropellant.  It works the same way with Lf/O when crossfeed is enabled.  Best of both worlds, once you have the habit of checking it in VAB -- but, BUT!!!  Flow priority will get munged if you undock and redock (as for an Apollo-style transposition to put your lander and command pod nose to nose for trans-Munar passage).  I've had a Mun mission command stage wind up reliant on the Mk. 1 Command Pod's reaction wheel (and tiny battery) because the RCS got used up -- and I'd undocked to discard the lander (on a burn-up orbit) before I noticed I had dry monopropellant tanks (hence couldn't redock, even if I had more than ten minutes until atmosphere).

That sounds even worse. I'll stick to disabling fuel tanks.

Triop    3713
8 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

It's a fairly simple texture edit (plus some MODEL node wizardry).
S4hBVOD.png
...Hmm. Now I'm halfway tempted to do black w/red trim recolors of the rest of the Mk1 aero parts. 

Awesome !

Will you share it ?

DarkOwl57    1659
13 hours ago, Triop said:

Oh dear....

Congrats! You made me cough up my lungs laughing

Picked up a contract to put a Class D asteroid in orbit of Gilly. Sounded like fun, so I put the Atari 5200 Beta together.

I used to use sub-assemblies a lot, but I prefer to build each ship specifically for it's job, so I've grown adept at building sections upside-down when I need to.

screenshot352.png

As per usual, I was distracted with another mission and I forgot to set the alarm for the asteroid's encounter with Kerbin. I was angry, so I launched anyway and sent the ship after it (instead of just waiting for the next one like a normal person). Had to circle the sun for 4 years before I caught up with it.

screenshot335.png

I'm not sure why, but I always love the sight of an asteroid as I close in on it.

screenshot337.png

Grabbed it and started drilling, then towed it to it's new home.

screenshot345.png

Basically put an asteroid in the orbit of a (much larger) asteroid.

The crew ship detaches and heads home, leaving the miner in place for other ships to dock with and refuel, if necessary.

screenshot351.png

It was good fun, and highly lucrative, so I picked up a contract to put another Class D in orbit of Eeloo this time. That sounded like even more fun, so I launched the Atari 5200 Charlie. Pretty much the same ship, except this time I set the Mainsails out wider for better stability when towing the giant rock. The Beta version was a bit wobbly.

screenshot353.png

This one is now making the long journey to Eeloo, where it's refueling capabilities will come in handy, I'm sure.

screenshot349.png

Plane Crazy    5

Somehow landed on Duna, despite multiple Kraken attacks including phantom forces on my de-orbiting craft and a strange case where Duna's atmosphere seemed to change thickness, which made it impossible to aerobrake.  Had to de-orbit with the landing engines, gonna have to skip the bop landing.

https://db.tt/UuaP1RhwPY

https://db.tt/ytOOiGVGC0

Thanks for the welcome by the way!

PT    116
Posted (edited)

After my fight with fuel crossfeed I finished test flight of White Base carrier. After Mun and Minmus tour, bunch of encounters, one crashed micro rover, plenty of docking and successful test of aerobraking it now awaits equipment for Duna mission. Now I just need some shuttle to bring tourists and pair of rescued scientist back home. Apparently roster crew can level up at nearby processing lab, yeey, first change I found that did not cause red alert at KSC.

And now its time to spend some time in VAB re-designing crafts for Duna. Somehow after all those years I never really went exploring other bodies, no science grind and space carriers focus prevented me from getting bored. Fully unlocked tech tree after Mun/Minmus is bad for fun, even with extra science parts I am still unlocking 300 point nodes.

Edited by PT

astroheiko    776

@JadeOfMaar Irradiation, an excellent idea. So I did it then also:

Today is an important day. Preparations are under strict secrecy. No one knows why Bill has built this device and is pulling the Grannus ship through the area.

0JAa4UF.jpg

He sets it before the astronaut complex and quickly hurried away again.

BTvJNfI.jpg

A little later, he arrives with a fence and places it.

DdbFYyp.jpg

Then it will be evening. The place is brightly lit and there are even more strange things before the entrance.

X8yyZeO.jpg

Slowly you can see a small group of kerbals who have positioned themselves in front of the ship. Reverently JeB, Bill, Bob and Valentina are standing here to honor Lagerlenna and Obfrey.

hikyss9.jpg

Jeb seizes the word:
We are here today to honor these two Gaelnauts. They are both a radiant example for us all. This memorial is to remind us forever of their courage and determination to dare a journey into the unknown. Never before has anyone dared to travel to the borders of the Cirosystem and not to know whether a homecoming would be possible. The only comrades with whom I would ever deny the venture of a space flight were to this day Bill, Bob and Valentina. Today, two more have been added, Lagerlenna and Obfry Kerman. With you both I would land on Ciro if it were possible.

Nj42bN7.jpg