What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Kerbal Chronicle

Pilot Killed in car crash

n8nKmQC.png

Earlier today, KSC pilot Bersil Kerman was unfortunately killed after her vehicle crashed at the KSC. She was testing the 77I- Lowell Can-Am race vehicle when the car hit a bump and lifted up into the air, slamming into the SPH at high speeds. Emergency crews went to the scene as fast as possible, but it was too late for the injured kerbal, who died at the hospital moments later. No comment has come from KSC officials.

EDIT: Of course I forgot to remove the vessel move window :/

Edited by DarkOwl57

44 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I decided to try my hand at RSS/RO.

Getting the game to load fully will be harder than the game itself will ever be... :mad:

I'm not afraid. Yoda: You will be. You... will... be.

Me later that day, why the fudge did the third stage not ignite? oh crap all I need it 600m/s for orbit! I've already spent 9200m/s. (Attempt #7)

I plan on loading it for the fifth time today. New 11.5.1 RO Release and new RP-0 yeah!

Make sure you are either using DRE 7.6.0+ or if 7.5.0 using the EVA config or you may have burning kerbals on EVA.

Other than extensive DRE testing of heat shields on mars I launch some of my last RO 11.5 tests, Launch!

gZIOmGM.png

Promptly found it had a thrust imbalance, was right on the edge of getting the payload to orbit, try two. No gimbal on the motor, not enough rcs in back to stop oscillations.

IllPYNN.png

New Orbital Insertion stage. Aerozine and NTO are my friend.

NBuF7N1.png

Yeah Orbit. ( It can putter about on RCS and then De-Orbit, or the third stage can use two ignitions and its last fuel for bigger maneuvers up to 1450km.  It got all the remaining space science at its tech level (T3 Mostly).

3YPjLws.png

Why are my likes depleted? Ah holy Kod Almighty Why!

Edited by Bornholio

45 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I decided to try my hand at RSS/RO.

Getting the game to load fully will be harder than the game itself will ever be... :mad:

7 minutes ago, Bornholio said:

Make sure you are either using DRE 7.6.0+ or if 7.5.0 using the EVA config or you may have burning kerbals on EVA.

Thanks. Well, the game crashed while loading, the error.log says that mono.dll caused an Access Violation, whatever that is...

Another problem is that a lot of the mods needed don't seem to have 1.2.2 compatible versions. AVC is constantly warning me upon loading.

Oh well, I'll keep trying tomorrow.

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Thanks. Well, the game crashed while loading, the error.log says that mono.dll caused an Access Violation, whatever that is...

Another problem is that a lot of the mods needed don't seem to have 1.2.2 compatible versions. AVC is constantly warning me upon loading.

Oh well, I'll keep trying tomorrow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_dhwSioZODCCtMFD0kZOtbmbg--ryoE0nzoWJL2cRc/edit#gid=0

Use the spreadsheet and if using CKAN be cautious of 1.3 mods (most do work). You can manually install the lower versions using command line or delete and use their repository versions manually. 

Takes me about an hour to set everything up. Good luck though.

After Bob had confirmed that the Kraken was really dead, Val drove the ship closer.

return_trip_1.jpeg

Then it was time for the return trip. My original plan was to make the ship VTOL capable on Bop, but that would have required too much fuel. The actual takeoff was a crazy run uphill, with SAS off for faster reaction times in keeping the ship from rolling over. As the hill became less steep, a short RCS burn was enough to lift the ship off the ground.

return_trip_2.jpeg

The return trip was uneventful. After reaching LKO, I used my new crew shuttle to recover the crew.

Spoiler

return_trip_3.jpeg

return_trip_4.jpeg

It still didn't fly as well as I wanted, but switching the inner elevons from pitch to trim made the landing much easier.

return_trip_5.jpeg

Stayed on Kerbin on again. I need a compact science-carrier aircraft to go for my first time with a plane to the North Pole (no really, before I was launching capsule to it...).

A first attempt of pure delta called OT-3A Sarcina was a huge deception and forced me to build the OT-4A Sarcina-B ,way more different:

xu78JxK.png

(It's hard to build something in this game without skinning to craziness)

9EnHgry.png

0OeMQtE.png

We never have enough power in this game. Two turbofans were a necessity. Sarcina-B appeared to be more maneuverable than what I expected... but who says maneuverability also means instability.

MC8pGGv.png

Steven and Sergei were climbing peacefully to their cruise altitude of 7100 meters when an unexpected damn' cat jump over the keyboard and put the craft in a spin!

Hopefully after a dive of 2500 m we recovered the control.

5rTsPaC.png

HZsWmSb.png

Finally! After more than an hour of flying we overflew this land of desolation. It appeared so peaceful from here.

r5Z9Cd6.png

The original target was to reach geographical North Pole but after having check the remains of fuel the decision was taken to try a landing more southern. A pretty slow descent with nearly no thrust to keep as most fuel as we can and we got a perfect flat landing zone.

eLXHCks.png

Aaaaarg... that was close once again!

rGOkSnN.png

oIqj1m8.png

We make it! We now are in the only Kerbin's climate were a Kerbal wearing a spacesuit 24/7 doesn't look illogical.

I made all the science experiment then leave them here 'cause I had to go outside.

Will Sergei and Steven will return safe to the KSC? You'll know it on the next episode.

30 minutes ago, Jett_Quasar said:

Sweet build - I put together something for his buddies to fly...

- Jett

Don't make me look stupid Jett, StarWars is not my thing...<_<

It is, but just not in KSP... &)

omzUn4I.jpg

Edited by Triop

13 hours ago, Triop said:

omzUn4I.jpg

Don't sell yourself short, that's yet another great design (I was thinking of making one of those).  If you put a stock version on Kerbal-X I would probably download it and use it in one of my videos... and give you credit of course, just like I did with PointySideUp.

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

The Jupiter Explorer probes entered Jupiters SOI

4j3KEB4.jpg

Still almost 3 months until closest approach.

cYE6r2U.jpg

The moons are already visible :)

I also landed my 3rd probe on the surface of the moon.

This time nothing tipped over and nothing broke!

OlWffU6.jpg

FmfuzvY.jpg

Gemini Lander Engine I love you!

nzf7ltS.jpg

Edited by Julien Kerman

20 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I thought it was more like "threeth".

Thriceith:D

um... what are we three-ing, again?

14 hours ago, Triop said:

omzUn4I.jpg

Wow... guess those Imperial budget cuts didn't even spare poor Vader, there. 

I had a try at drawing something in Microsoft Paint.

mepIzJu.jpg

It's my first attempt to do something like this. The cylinders are a pain to do though, you have to make a rectangle using the rectangle tool, then make two ovals at each end with the circle tool, and then rub out the overlapping straight edges of the rectangle and the inside edges of the ovals. :)

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM