What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Thanks!!!

Everything but the engine (NF Propulsion), Antenna (J2X) and radiators (WildBlue DSEV) are from SSTU. It has a recoloring option since KSP 1.3 which allows you to customize the part colors so it's not the default and cliche white/black/grey.

Can you point me to the info on changing part colors? are you saying it's something a player can do or is it a skinning function built into the part?

4 hours ago, Spaceman17 said:

i've tested my SLS Block 2 and it can get to duna, the thing is how to land

how... why... what?... why your jool is not green?

It's a custom texture I made for Jool for my own personal gameplay. I put it in using Kopernicus.

Making a quick cash grab by doing several tourist contracts at once (well, most of them is just suborbital/ flyby/ orbit, etc.). Jeb goes on EVA to get some science data. For some reason, they all looks happy :)

ezh75AK.png

IkBLsLn.png

35 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Can you point me to the info on changing part colors? are you saying it's something a player can do or is it a skinning function built into the part?

It's something you can do yourself. RIght-click a part and there is a recoloring GUI option: you can choose between existing colors or create your own via the RGB color sliders. I've made some preselections on my JPL page for colors I like to use. If you want you can make pink rockets, or black...

Spoiler

sstu_pretty_01.jpg

sstu_mars1_02.jpg

sstu_nf_01.jpg

Recently in my RO/RP-0 career, I found the need for a super big rocket to take larger payloads to the Moon. Like, Saturn V sized. However, the 7m procedural diameter upgrade was still a few nodes away. I decided to design a medium lifter and use it for lunar satellites, Lunar lander probes, Apollo-like hardware tests (I'm probably going to call it the "Batman Program"), station modules (If I want to do that) and other medium stuff. With that, I would send a moon probe around the moon, gather science, and return to Earth, completing the "first unmanned re-entry" contract.

So, I designed the "Gravity 1," which used three 4.6 meter cores, with engines staged so that the center core would burn longer. The cores were 30m long. The second stage was the same diameter but about 10m. The third stage was restartable. Doing the math, it can get over 30 tons into orbit.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out correctly! Test flight 1 exploded on the pad. Flight two made it to orbit, but the top stage failed due to me not pressurizing the tanks. Flight three mostly worked except for re-entry of the probe. I'm going to admit, I was so frustrated at this point that I cheated it down.

So, supposedly now I have a boatload of money, right? Nope. Somewhere in that long wait, the contract for re-entry expired, and I'm bankrupt.

I managed to scrape together funds for one more flight, and unmanned circumlunar capsule. If I have the funds, flight five will be manned.

12 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

GRRRRR!

I just did my unmanned circumlunar flight with next to no problems. However, I landed in the middle of the ocean, meaning I had no connection to send the "deploy parachute" command on.

I'm starting to hate RO/RP-0.

Check out the SmartParts mod. It's very light parts/mem wise, and can do handy things like automatically deploying a chute, just in case. :wink:

Also, I just found a matching pancake. :D

2lXbISt.png

51 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

GRRRRR!

I just did my unmanned circumlunar flight with next to no problems. However, I landed in the middle of the ocean, meaning I had no connection to send the "deploy parachute" command on.

I'm starting to hate RO/RP-0.

This is why I stage my parachutes with the final decoupler. Just make sure the pressure and altitude settings are good beforehand. 

I did a static fire test!

something I'm doing, I'll probably post the entire thing in either a week or a few weeks

no not here...its bigger then that!

Static fire 1

EVmVx4w.png

Static Fire 2

aVK4wBk.png

random satellite I'm making (no the panels are not apart of the satellite)

sR8RCfF.jpg

also I tried the tutorials again! you should too!

bw5ZYcb.png

an another static fire!

5w7rCAn.jpg

Edited by StupidAndy
CTRL-Enter is a fickle fellow

Ive been to the mun (and iota for Galileo's planet pack), and since i had a contract for a docking around Iota, I figured I would do the Iota/Mun missions more like the apollo/soviet style. This is a Hercules CSM docked to an inflatable habitat station.

hSTWRV3.png

bonus

3J6GscW.jpg

So I sent small cargo vehicle to my Mun base, because I forgot to pack the SEP central station along with the rest of experiments before. Launched, landed without problems, of course, only to realize that I put the wrong item in the box. So I had to send second lander, just with that one part. Meanwhile the framerate around the base dropped to like, 10, five different vessels within 100m are too much for my CPU.. But I finished it.

Heyo ladies and ladies! Today i am going to tell you some crazy astronomical crap!

1. Return from duna,-operation "Dust Storm"! It is a graphicc novel! I hope you will enjoy it! BECAUSE EACH GOSHDARN CHAPTER TAKES A WHOLE GODDAMN 12 HOURS TO MAKE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2."Kornetto-Anie" launched a heavy lander to Minmus, to gather 3 astronauts, left for a long time..

(Note: SUNFLARES, I LOVE SUNFLARES REEEEEE, thanks @JadeOfMaar)

WVO34CO.png nKHaw2F.png

DegWG5e.png UN0U2Kw.png

3. While the first Kornetto is supposed to return the former crew, "Kornetto-Alfa" brings in the new one!

(Note: minmus+morning=awesome screenshots)

3et03CQ.png XkS8pcr.png

pI4JDQd.png d8JFKpM.png

ukrQxcQ.png Z8KhHc7.png

u8UKshY.png X7DdH6y.png

Lf9gvg7.png

4. Drezz-401 launched a small space station module into high Kerbin orbit, the name of the module itself is "Dzeta"

(Note: OH GOD DON'T RUN OUT OF FUEL OH GOD OH NO *doesn't run out of fuel* *dies in happiness*)

xMjddqF.png smenRIj.png

oAkM4KZ.png fkZjGHD.png

Ib9F5Lh.png

5. Test of a new rocket-"Argent", it is a heavy lifter, probably can lift payloads similar in mass, to "Kurtz" ones. But the one it lifted today is like if you were launching a single, tiny cubesat with Saturn-V.

(Note: don't launch cubesats with Saturn-V)

4QMzc89.png

hOQAb7F.png

pGLhQFj.png

KFAt2pr.png

ORxl28A.png

6. Launch of a military impact-satellite!-MISs (Military Impactor Satellite(duh))

(Note: SRBs are still overpowered)

dO0HNrq.png kbU32MQ.png

GoAOAeQ.png 1cHn2JR.png

7. New plane-"IDon'tKnowHowIsItFlying-Dynamics V1" it is transsonic hyperjet, made for a very quick travels, its cruising speed is 978m/s, travels to desert peninsula in 3 minutes,other close penunsilas and islands-1 to 6 minutes.

(Note: "landing with timewarp on" is added to bad ideas)

Altitude of normal productivity-30 meters to 11 000m.

Take off-ranging  from medium to long.

Landing difficulty-Yes.

xmy44oT.png dVGanls.png

C2l511Z.png ztAYb8x.png

GG 

GG

GG

GG

GG

I WANT TO DIE

GG

LAIK ANT SUBSCRUB T MIE GANELL

About a year ago I tried to made a full stock Ariane 44LP-like launcher with less than 100 parts as the computer was to the end of its life...

EkARbd2.png

Called Ariadne as it simply is the original Greek name of the mythical character.

But it had multiple flaws... the dual Jumbo-64 were hideous on it, the fairing wasn't correctly placed and even more important the launcher was unable to send more than 2 tons of payload without adding the PALs and PAPs (these only ensuring an upgrade for a delivery of around 6 tons). Also the four Reliant engines of the main stage were not ensuring any controls, these ones being possible to the four fins... which logically being useless in the atmosphere's upper layers! Only problems... so enter a new model today.

J1560Cf.png

With a payload of 7.7t the main objective was to check how performant the new model will be against the older one...

g38ieuk.png

... and without boosters this time!

EzVOG6f.png

For it, now eight Reliant and four Swivel are ensuring the first stage propulsion, all for a more expensive price of only 5000. But also ensuring a TWR of 1.64 on this flight.

rZeUzA1.png

First stage separation after about two minutes of flight at an altitude of 49 km and a speed of 1300 m/s, the second stage being started three seconds later. Strangely it appeared that one of the Sepratron got like a graphical problem as the three others perfectly showed their flames.

YsrYov4.png

The second stage perfectly made its job, the two Swivel trying to imitate Viking 4B had 1734 m/s of impulse, more than enough for the mission.

wMKVbIF.png

Second separation, the dual Terrier trying to imitate the famous HM7B engine now own 2.04 km/s available to complete the flight.

zh3RDUB.png

M7sflXV.png

Two days later the payload arrived at its altitude of 20 000 km for the circularization maneuver. The third stage still had 868 m/s available...

1WCxSEg.png

NIUWf5D.png

But we said good-bye to it. With 7.7 tons placed on a circular orbit, the new Ariadne 4 version made its job perfectly as it was expected. Next step, placing the dual PAPs and PALs around her to make it looking like the real 44LP. Then I will use her more often.