What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

5 hours ago, Adsixnine said:

found out my new station dissapeared ;.;

Did you try looking in the dryer?

Did it have a command pod or probe core?  Any chance it was on a sub-orbital trajectory?

On 5/11/2018 at 5:01 PM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Hey it works remote controlled

For some reason, I have better luck embedding Reddit posts than gfycat links

1w3pWOB.gif

This might be a good design material for u :wink:

Nothing happened, only KSP crashed 3 times in a row, in the space of 20 minutes.

;.;;.; My laptop just isn't up to this. I get 14 fps on a good day. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon, and it needs to be much better.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Further adventures in KOS, thanks to some help on a couple of different threads on here I finally figured out my Mun return, this script is calculating the required dV to get from a mun orbit to a kerbin periapsis of 40km, then works out where to fire the engine, and then does the burn.

sEOefjn.png

It seems to be doing the burn several degrees later than the optimum point when I plot it manually via a manoeuvre node, but it's only using 275m/s dV which isn't far out from the 269 I made it manually.  I'll revisit the angle calculation tomorrow to see if I can see why it's later than expected.

I still need to do some tweaking but this should be the last component I need to do a fully autonomous mun landing mission.

Edited by RizzoTheRat

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Nothing happened, only KSP crashed 3 times in a row, in the space of 20 minutes.

;.;;.; My laptop just isn't up to this. I get 14 fps on a good day. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon, and it needs to be much better.

Have you checked the below post already?

It helped me a lot to squeeze some extra FPS from my game.

Returning from a survey contract

4B03tXF.png

I forgot I unlocked this part

VmkD7tu.png

I can now search for all the biomes on Kerbin for extra science points <_<

Still haven't orbited yet, meanwhile suborbital spaceflight tourists keep bringing in easy money :cool:

mHCEiNn.png

Edited by Triop
Egnlish

Over the weekend, I built the largest launcher so far in my career save (3.75 m tanks unlocked in the last couple batches of science from Minmus and the Mun -- cluster of 9 Bobcats on an engine plate, with six of the Skiff powered 1.25 m boosters used in the previous generation launchers).

PX1WsBy.png

The Duna flyby crew are still en route, now about 150 days from their Kerbin intercept correction burn.

Lufrid got the nod to take two 3200 tanks (each composed of a 2.5 m 1600 tank, two of the 2.5-1.25 adapter tanks, and Jr. docking ports on both ends) along with a second pilot, intended to complete the contract for Minmus Station Alpha.  The tank train, pushed ahead of the Mk. 1-3 Command Pod, was a bit cranky to fly; somehow, it coupled roll with both pitch and yaw as well as taking forever to turn (not unexpected) in pitch and yaw.

ZFWCVja.png

Still got it docked -- and the contract didn't complete.  Cupola, check.  Accommodations for fifteen, check (actually twenty with the Mk. 1-3 docked).  Antenna, power generation, check.  Docking port(s): 6 Jr. and 5 standard Clamp-o-Tron.  Opened the contract widget -- what do you mean I don't have 6000 units of liquid fuel aboard?!  I've got a bit more than 7000 of Lf/O including the transfer tug's return fuel.

Oh.  Wait.  They mean actual Liquid Fuel of 6000 units, not 6000 Lf/O total.  Sigh...

SFUcGaz.png

Undocked the second tank from the first, redocked on the opposite port, then, leaving Adeny aboard the station, undocked and burned for Kerbin, only to turn around with a new launcher and another pair of tanks to make up the Liquid Fuel requirement.

3 minutes ago, Triop said:

My game just crashed:overheating my processor. . . .

This game is brutal.  My i7-7700K can sometimes hover 70-80c even with this thing.

20180126170556.jpg

Contemplating de-lidding, seems to be common with that series of processors.

26 minutes ago, kerbonara said:
Today I finished the first phase of my kOS airplane autopilot, with basic functions (pitch/roll and speed hold). My next goal is to implement altitude and heading.
Also sent my first manned mission to minmus in this career.
  Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to the forum dude.

You don't have to hide your picture . . .

R2UZtz2.png

Goodluck ^_^

@Geonovast

We are ready to go again:

giphy.gif

&)

Edited by Triop

10 minutes ago, Triop said:

We are ready to go again:

giphy.gif

&)

So what you're saying.... is it may not have been KSP's fault....?

You just make that?  I'm so stealing it.

Edited by Geonovast

2 minutes ago, kerbonara said:

Thanks @Triop!

Nice posts by the way! You seem to really love Kerbin :)! I am programming this autopilot to see if it motivates me to finally explore Kerbin a little...

Yes, I'm a Kerbin magnet.

Mostly because I'm bad at space stuff but love designing planes, rovers, boats, subs etc.

The game gives me the freedom of not having to go into space, even in career mode.

Just now, Triop said:

Yes, I'm a Kerbin magnet.

Mostly because I'm bad at space stuff but love designing planes, rovers, boats, subs etc.

The game gives me the freedom of not having to go into space, even in career mode.

I wish I could make working planes...

8 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

I wish I could make working planes...

I wish I could dock in space, but let's not restart that discussion . . . -_-

Just watch where you place the blue and yellow circle and you wil be fine. :sticktongue:

Mj3TFFR.png

Also make sure the back landing gear is close behind the yellow thingy . . .

Edited by Triop

Just now, Geonovast said:

And the rear landing gear.

I just edited that in, you are totaly right +++

13 minutes ago, Triop said:

I am programming this autopilot to see if it motivates me to finally explore Kerbin a little...

Kerbin has some really interesting places, just came across this ice pyramid.

hzqhjl7.png

17 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Today I decided to take a look at some of the new launch sites dotted around Kerbin.

Woomerang confuses me.Apparently you have to launch the rocket to get the rocket on the launchpad. :confused:

qbytu7Q.png

I'm on my way there for a one way trip + grabbing a contract.

dExBp5w.png

I hope there is place for a soft landing . . .

TBC :ph34r: