What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today, I test launched my Falcon Heavy Lifter for the second and third time... The Falcon was carrying a DragonRider spacecraft with three Kerbonauts aboard as a test payload. Falcon Heavy is designed for much 'heavier' payloads, but the latest test launch brought the DragonRider and its crew into a 1,000 km LKO with enough 2nd stage fuel (and onboard fuel) left to do a transmunar injection and (maybe) a return to LKO. This, however, is not part of the test and I will not do that this time... I'll let the Kerbals have some EVA fun tho...

Main purpose of Falcon Heavy will be launching heavy payloads into orbit (e.g. space station modules or parts of interplanetary ships).

Sent a communication satellite into Kerbin's orbit, sent 2 unmanned rovers to the moon and Duna, and developed a manned rover for the moon (I dont know why I want to have 2 rovers on the moon but my first unmanned design sucked and I dont want to just end it, so 2 kerbals are going to stay on the moon, in a rover, forever)

I lead a museum tour for 5th graders... found out that 5th graders freak out about wasp nests aboard a ship... had to calm down 15 5th graders... ate lunch, came back to work, hopped on a laptop and check the KSP forums before the next tour comes through

Before I left for work, I fine tuned the approach path of my first Jool-bound station part (my second kerbaled trip to the Jool system, though there's only one Kerbal on board! He's gonna be lonely for a while since I didn't bother sending anything else in the same transfer window...). It's set for an aerobrake and hopeful insertion into Laythe orbit. Though I might just leave it in Jool orbit, I haven't really decided yet. But first things first. When I get home, I'll find out if it actually gets captured or disintegrates or what. I have very similar stations in high Kerbin and Mun orbits.

Once it's situated, I'll send a lander (I have a one man lander that's capable of making orbit from Kerbin, should be capable of landing and returning one Kerbal to Laythe orbit) and a tanker if I need fuel. Then some rovers. Then I don't know. Station=>Lander=>Rovers, that's as far as my plans go right now.

I lead a museum tour for 5th graders... found out that 5th graders freak out about wasp nests aboard a ship... had to calm down 15 5th graders... ate lunch, came back to work, hopped on a laptop and check the KSP forums before the next tour comes through

I propose a moment of silence for this man right here. He deserves all of our respect for his heroic actions today.

I decided to start building a replica of the Icarus II from the movie Sunshine! I put the first section of it up in orbit today, and I'm currently building the second. It's gonna have seven sections, and probably gonna give my processor a heart attack.

Today I tweaked my rocket design for launching satellites (somewhat unsuccessfully) as well as replaced my Mun satellite with one that has a more circular orbit. I also launched a new satellite around Krebin which has MapSat to start charting the planet, will probably send a MapSat to the Mun either tomorrow or the next day.

With a new save for .20, I made some simple rules to follow that I read somewhere a while ago. Before any manned mission to another body, a rover must be operated on it's surface. Before a rover can be sent, a satellite must be in orbit. I haven't played much since the update, but after conquering the Mun, today I placed a satellite in orbit around Minmus. Maybe tomorrow I can get a rover there to do a bit of goofing around.

Bill just "rescued" Jeb back from Eve, now coasting back to Kerbin. Poor Jeb had to EVA for about 500 meters because Bill's rescue spacecraft ran out of RCS fuel and I was drifting past Jeb's ship really quickly, so I just made him go for the EVA. :D Will post the images in my blog when they're both back on Kerbin ground.

UPDATE: Bill and Ted, oops I mean Jeb, made it home :D What an excellent adventure, err, rescue! Yippee! :D

Edited by rodion_herrera

Wuhuu, that game is awesome! :)

I did my first manual docking today (used that mechjeb thing) and I noticed that it is very much easier as the mechjeb does... :D

I will now try to build up two refueling stations exactly between Mun and Kerban. I now have one at 200km.

BTW: A question: What does that home addon really do?

And what do you guys think of a early multiplayer? (more like a script that updates and downloads stations from other people to your folders).

Last night I began a game using RemoteTech. I made extensive use of MechJeb2.

I first put two relays into geostationary orbit ( ~.5m/s surface vel. ) so that Mission Control can be reached no matter Kerbin's rotation. These are manned missions until a suitable network is established or I get the hang of remote control maneuver nodes.

Next, I put a comsat relay around the Mun, landed on the surface, and returned the lander. Then I put the next mission with 3 rovers and an additional satellite in 3Mm Kerbin orbit.

Tedious refuelling of my Deep Space Tanker... got into orbit, but it was mostly empty...

All in all 24 Rockomax X200-32 and 5 Rockomax Jumbo-64 fuel tanks...

And all this just to see if that monster can actually get anywhere or if it falls apart once the engines start...