What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Utilizing my day off, I played ksp. On my sandbox save I learned the basics of the BDArmory AI flight computer, with a fighter I'd designed being piloted by the computer. I had to do takeoff manually, since when I tried letting it do that it knocked the engine off. On my career save I made a little cruddy science lab for kerbin which didn't gain much science, and then made a smaller one with a lab in it that go science from the sph, admin building, and astronaut complex and got me lots of science. I also did a tourist rocket with some science stuff from the bargain rocket mod (I could care less about the rocket and fuel and other stuff in it, but I love the science stuff) that netted me a whopping 500 or so science! Plus I put my Kerbinport in orbit with...ummm...hyperedit. I know, I feel guilty about it, but my launch systems for it weren't working, probably due to fuel drainage from the bottom making it top heavy and causing it to sway and break. So that's getting me science, which I just now realized I should use for a multihub connector so I can make a better lifting stage, and maybe a heavy lifter design that I know will work instead of having a unique lifter stage for everything I try to put into space. Also, I think I've come up with a solution to the majority of my landships' AA armament not firing: I should use 20mm vulcan turrets instead of 30mm chainguns. The only problem is that my latest ship doesn't have any 20mm ammo, and I'll probably have to add enclosures for the ammo so it's not exposed on deck. Granted the metal plates probably don't add much more protection to the ammo and nuclear reactor and stuff than if they were in the open, but it makes me feel safer anyway. The other possible problem for the 20mms is that they have a smaller firing arc than the chainguns, which isn't much of a problem for those mounted broadside, but kind of is for those mounted on the superstructure.

:wink:

I´m reading about Kerbal ... and I´m watching kebal videos on youtube ...

:huh:I'm in loop modeBut I 'm sure this weekend will begin my career :)

I placed a coms sat in a 500km orbit. Right now it's useless since there are no more sats and it's not geosynch, but I had fun building it and launching it. I'll launch at least 3 more like that and i'll try to put them in orbit in a way they form a square.

The solar pannels are not needed to operate the sat since the RTGs produce enough energy for the 4 omnidirectional antenas, but they look cool. The sat has a very small angine but more than enough thrust for orbital maneuvers.

edit: actually, I think it can go geo-synch. I think the antenas have the range and the launch vehicle has the dV. I'll try it...

rIMeeQc.png

I uninstalled almost all of my mods (20 of 25) because the game kept crashing. I did a few months break and after upgrading all my mods to the latest release, the game crashed regularly when reverting a flight to SPH.

Now, 2 flights went "well", the game was not the thing that crashed at least. Can't say the same about my SSTO...it went well, until i discovered the engine toggle was not configured in a action group.

I hope after 2-3 more flights that thing finally hits space. :D It still bugs me that i once managed to build a successfull SSTO only to find it useless because 1.0 was released shortly after.

And i tried FAR, but somehow we don't like each other.

I FINALLY came up with a design I like for a base residential area.

https://i.gyazo.com/d9dd770700c33a33e1acc7468a9b95e8.png

Learned something you should not do with heavy craft as well - do NOT test the landing gear on the pad or this happens:

Its not that heavy, your legs however are wrong you should have them next to the engines to get an wide base, this way you should even be able to get away with four legs.

You might even want to push the engines away from the center-line and put the legs there.

Last night was pretty busy overall. I began by launching a fuel module to Mun in order to rendezvous with the Wildcat 7 lander currently stranded in orbit forty degrees of the plane of the Munport 1 station. After that rendezvous, the plan is to return Wildcat to Munport 1, pick up Verise and then get my engineers back to work down on the surface. The rendezvous should completely drain the fuel module, but I still think I'll try to send it on to dock with Munport 2 once I'm done with it. The only other choice is to crash it into Mun...

After the launch of the fuel module, I went ahead and launched a power module for the Minmusport station of the same design that I launched yesterday for Munport 1 station. Launch was a success and the module should arrive in Minmus's SOI in fifteen days. Before the close of business last night, the power module launched yesterday arrived at Mun, and I affected a successful rendezvous and docking with the station. Hopefully the station will now have sufficient power production to run its refinery module at full power for extended periods without depleting its power supply. With four Gigantor panels and two Fuel Cell Arrays each, I'd certainly hope so...

Next, Bob returned from his science mission from the Mun; the mission was a success despite problems late in the mission and the apparent failure of his craft's SAS system (still don't know what happened). He wound up bringing home 3130.9 points worth of science back to Kerbin; with it I unlocked the Twin Bore and Rhino engines, the RC-L01 RGU, S3-14400 fuel tanks and PB-NUKs. I have managed to unlock all the 1000 point nodes on my tech tree at this point; what's left are four nodes on the 550 level, so another 2200 wraps up my tech tree. Bob will make one final trip to the Mun, probably beginning tonight. Bob's arrival with the sci also rounded out a contract, which I need to go ahead and replace next chance I get.

The Nahquadah 7 ore hauler arrived at Kerbin last night and is now in a 115x115 orbit around the planet. I will be scheduling a flight of a Magpie 7 spaceplane to take its payload back to the surface, hopefully rounding out a long-standing contract in the process. I don't know if that flight will happen tonight or not, but soon.

Last thing I have to report is that Enola Gay, piloted by Cerxie with four tourists aboard and en route to Kerbin from Minmus, made a course correction burn that put her in the same plane of orbit as the Kerbinport space station. Hopefully by doing the plane change now instead of later I'll have saved myself some significant delta-v and won't need to worry about supplying a greater amount of fuel to the craft when it arrives. Enola Gay arrives back at Kerbin in eight days.

Plenty going on. Doesn't seem like a lot is getting accomplished, though...

Well, I unintentionally sent Bill towards Minmus orbit in the shiny new aptly named Minmus Station. It was built for a contract, seating for 5 and the necessary basics plus a variety of docking ports and a docked insertion stage with plenty of fuel to spare. I hadnt really planned on putting Kerbals on it yet, Apparently Bill fell asleep while doing last minute checks on seating arrangements. No one missed Bill until the transfer burn was complete. Bill said he really liked that new station smell.

I managed to go out, hunt down and destroy a SAM launcher at the Island Airstrip, land safely back at base. Then launch a rescue mission and recover a kerbonaught from orbit and land back at KSC with no drama. All in the span of an hour and a half.

7Qhiulx.jpg

So far I would say after several successful missions I need to really start taking pictures again.

Sent up my Mun CommSat network in one launch. Really proud of their tiny size, too bad I forgot batteries so they black out for a bit when eclipsed. I may incline them for that reason if I notice that it bothers me.

F9PBQDV.jpg

r2xawjc.jpg

c2MVmjl.jpg

Edited by ROXunreal

Spent over half a day building a shuttle that could get to Minmus in a single stage. Finally got it to work, then slapped this thing together in 5 minutes because I was in a retro mood, ... and the damned thing does the same as the shuttle only better!

http://i.imgur.com/vXfkv8B.png

Oh my that is all sorts of excellent. Retro rockets ftw :D

Got actively frustrated at my inability to make SpaceY, Real Fuels and configs, and Real Plume work properly together. After witnessing my boosters doing nonsense, my engines running forever and my hydrogen leaking faster than a NSA program, I decided to try and fix that tomorrow... :)