What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

@Bloojay, when did you do that?

I did my run last night (July 16th, 2016).

In fact, I decided to set that challenge ahead of myself, and then I got to work. I can't believe I started work yesterday, and also finished yesterday.

Anyway, great job with yours!

After some mucking about whilst doing the serious exam revision

tlahAew.jpg

dw3iVaK.jpg

I finally started doing a new career save and got upto the interplanetary relay building stage

I used to do a dedicated trio of relays for each planet but robotic parts made this option attractive...

2Zjh006.jpg

536VwsU.jpg

E8yuRUr.jpg

This is my outer planet relay (there's three of them) the smaller inner planet relay was a bit simplerto launch, just loved the folding limbs to give the dishes space...

Time to launch some planetary probes...

Y2m2iCX.jpg

With this save I've also decided to do things properly and actually make some subassemblies of standard parts (rockets, probes etc.)

Imaginitively called the atlas family which currently have 1 tone, 4 tonne and 10 tonne variants... 

3qXmpT3.jpgWiora53.jpg8p5JVIC.jpg

Been mucking about with weather balloons, Jeb was horrified by the lack of motors!!!

B2JzVQt.jpg

And made my first useful spaceplane (though very not stock, those shiba engines are amazing!!)

m3Tzj6S.jpgJust to wrap up, launched the first three of 7 Vagrant probes, designed to become the first relay for their planets as well as gain orbital information, don't really want to do probe landers when the relay can suddenly go over the horizon and you lose all control!!!

sGT8DNd.jpg

But I'm back kerballing and it's good!!!

Edited by Kertech

7 minutes ago, Kertech said:

I used to do a dedicated trio of relays for each planet but robotic parts made this option attractive...

2Zjh006.jpg

536VwsU.jpg

E8yuRUr.jpg

This is my outer planet relay (there's three of them) the smaller inner planet relay was a bit simplerto launch, just loved the folding limbs to give the dishes space...

RemoteTech becomes awesome with Infernal robotics. However I've unfortunately discovered that designs like this can be kraken bait. I always test them on the launchpad before an actual launch.

Built an SSTO that wasn't... considered reverting save then decided "Screw it - this is part of the story!" I transferred the crew to part of the payload which was a small return vehicle designed to stay docked at a space station in LKO. I had no fuel for a controlled landing and fancied the crew's chances better in the capsule.

It was at this point I discovered a new rule: don't use even the tiniest of separators in a confined space. The spaceplane blew apart into a fairly stupid number of pieces. Fortunately, the capsule retained its chutes and Lete Kerman splashed down safely but not before a near miss with a fiery LSRU!

55 minutes ago, kraden said:

RemoteTech becomes awesome with Infernal robotics. However I've unfortunately discovered that designs like this can be kraken bait. I always test them on the launchpad before an actual launch.

Tickling the krakens tail is the point of "ingenious" design work though...

Help!

I'm being invaded by triangles from another dimension!

hvAXOIH.png
shouldn't have made that deal.

I'm getting the geep outta here. 

Ne15tPU.png

This little cheater is the Rediculatron I.

For when you're a "Late person", and your crazy schedule says you need to be on the Mun "Like, right now."
And you also have access to stuff like infinite fuel. 

uKpL89I.png

It fun. It fast.

An elegant 90 parts, slighly clunky design is my aesthetic today.  Technology this advanced does'nt need to be one solid object. Smooth lines? Pffft.

5bs6YRH.png

Though maybe it could do with some additional lights.

Not sure what caused that glitch, but this was a run in an older version of ksp, so maybe it was just a fluke. 

23 minutes ago, ShawnPhillips said:

Inspired by Hazard-ish's KSP Airwolf Video I made a 56ton Armed Cargo Helicopter. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/CoD0n#oYBesuA

Edit: Can't get the album to show, but here is a preview image.

oYBesuA.jpg

tumblr_n823ses7TG1rraalgo2_250.gif NHVYnon.gif

P98zNsW.png

tQdwHKn.png

HqDYqM7.png

HK2Kngj.png

Naw, not really. You'll win, mine's unarmed.

But in that same vein, are you running BD Armory with 1.1.3?

A very long but fruitful day at Vermil Space Agency. Lot's of problems and faulty design or assembly were found and uncovered. (Testing day, everything unmanned)
Everybody is very happy. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.

I got two hours tonight to play a bit, so after some seconds finally took the decision to realise the first small SSTO in my fleet. Sole problem I had to violate my promises to never use the R.A.P.I.E.R...

The result is here, coming under the name of Sleg O-1 Acari. Three crew members and able to reach and circularize at 150 km. The descent and landing are in gliding only. Someone with better knowledge of the ascent profile and fuel consumption than me (not really hard) should be able to keep some jet fuel for the landing.

I had to make five tries before the good one, so the shots are not all from the same flight.

I created what is possibly my most Kerbal Kraft yet. The central core is a 4xLV-N tug, pushing a Pol Mobile Station, a robust Tylo probe lander, and a tourist on a Jool Grand Tour, boosted by a 6pk of Twin Boars augmented by Kickbacks. It was surprisingly easy to launch, although the first attempt lost control because the pilot was too busy taking pictures. But that's ok, it needed to be reverted (and KSP restarted) due to a crew manifest glitch.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Built a short hopper drill plane to send to Eve for refueling purposes.

AEB52836CF611AE6DA66646E7C868496FD72F930B7735DA2A65C2C5CF81D731D251DFB9EC7C0533CD25DD08ACA9A8B5380100E0E9FE261DF01625245C033E8AEC4A3093E2BD0B7115E36739A104D5608

After testing I placed it atop the nearest heave lifter and am going to make a test run to see if that Skipper will slow me down enough in Eve's atmospher so that I don't burn up. If this doesn't work then I will have to spam heat shields everywhere.

D7676D6C341F74F0D91C6180BFFAB71C70D243CF4C77D4E2C9DB858306F4A6DABA31AFE3D5C8E385D1B7EC94F0093F61DA351374E8255C84E9942FD36E949FE8FD9D321E3CFE8F8E68585BF9A02F3D3A3442599F85744BED62C53D670EC6E8236D23D88C

RP-0 and RO are working great so far! Gotten the basic rocketry and avionics, have done some tests with the new parts and getting ready to start throwing them at the moon! Getting a luner flyby and impact is going to be a huge milestone for me.

I cant go back to stock solar system after trying RSS/RO, so succeeding in RP-0 has become my goal.

Ongoing Jool exploration, 
Landed on Val with the SSTO after doing Pol and Bop, here I landed the transfer stage too for refuling.
iJlzVh5h.png
Found that Pol was more suitable for an base so I moved it back, an Bop base is coming but it would be secondary.

Planned to do Tylo but brought too much oxidizer so found I would not be able to reach low orbit around tylo and return to Pol. Next time I will just bring enough rocketfuel for the ssto to land once, can mine and to short ballistic jumps who should let me explore all biomes. 

Behold Hammerhead Station.

hammerhead-station.jpg

...The "hammer" part was docked sideways because I forgot to include a small docking clamp on the end anywhere.  Ugh.  Now that the contract's fulfilled I might undock it and leave it as a separate station, 'cause I really dig that simple cylinder design.

Still mucking about with remote tech and infernal robotics

riHi1j1.jpg

mnJqSHy.jpguqin0XP.jpgThe original three didn't have enough batteries to last the night side of kerbin (seven massive dishes take a lot of power...)

But at least I'm connected...

r1tE4CV.jpg

Thinking about launching a solar array as well, haven't yet cause those orbits take ages... Saying that I saw how ong it will take my plock probe to get there, 44years,

FORTY FOUR YEARS!!! :'( 

At least the boosterspearation looks cool...

GTRRwTh.jpg

Test bed of my Vagrant two probes which are nuclear assist solar powered probes, for use from Dres toJool when solar alone is a bit risky, the Vagrant 3 have an onboard nuclear reactor for warmth and power for the OPM stuff... 

39oNoOR.jpg

Anyway exams next two days so no kerbal for a bit again :'(

Designed a jet refuelling station-- which was pretty easy-- and then the "groundcrane" rover to take it to where it needs to be installed-- which was unexpectedly difficult, due to the odd behavior of wheels when there are more than eight or so of them (necessary because of the weight of the fuel tanks).

Once I researched the appropriate technology, I redesigned my interplanetary probe with RTGs in place of solar panels to take advantage of an upcoming Eeloo launch window.

Also took on a few contracts to rebuild the space program's finances after placing orders for major components of the projected KSS space station.

Edited by MaxwellsDemon
spelling correction