What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today the lazystumble stumblebums at Station B, having been left alone to slowly research whenever they could spare a moment from space parties for half a year, had to panic-clean and get things ready for the return of the the Decapod from Minmus along with its cargo of rescuees.  Nobody expected them to be the station in range, and it turned out a quick upgrade needed to be boosted up, to adapt their old-style 0.625m hatch to a proper 1.25.

station-b-panic.jpg

A very old-meets-new moment, with the old kerbalmun flag on the right and new gear-wing-sky on the left.

Edited by Corona688

After weeks IRL and months in game, the "Atreides I" finally reached Dunar orbit, and the lander "Paul" landed on Ike. This is actually my first manned landing outside Kerbin SOI.

889E3C8E6FBBC0B4FC32BCB0FC36848EA5FF4C6C

"Atreides I" in flight

8013152C13CDB509EE5CCF87C3AC7838FFB4E702

Bob, "Paul" and Ike

9C2AAAAA3C9EF326ED58371975DFD58B082A5CFE

Next stop in sight.

My enhanced engines (via Kerbal R&D) are starting to feel outright abusive...

wdTsamR.jpg

That said, after 3 landings, they do need a top up, so time to send up a fuel barge! Should fill the Firebird III twice over, which is likely one time more than it needs to circumnavigate the equator.

YxftwCy.jpg

I got very frustrated today.

Since this is my 2nd day ever playing this game, its not a very good start.

I play ksp on ps4. my comp sucks. anyways;

I upgraded my vab today and the game would not allow me to use more than 30 parts despite pouring the 225k funds into it.

the weight and height of my rocket is within lvl 1 launch pad parameters, the game just will not allow me to use more than 30 parts.

do I need to also upgrade the sph in order to use more than 30 parts per craft?

I have restarted careers 3 times with the hopes of "fixing" the problem. to no avail.

its VERY FRUSTRATING.

Edited by Akuto Sai

This should be in gameplay questions.

You don't need to upgrade the SPH to launch rockets, but your craft may be too heavy for your launch pad.

If you're new to the game, career mode will be an exercise in frustration.  I suggest science mode or sandbox mode.

8 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Spider-tug, spider-tug, does whatever a spider-tug does...

What are the donut packs for?

Visuals :)  Better than ugly engine ends. Plus I madethem lf only using modular fuel tanks, so they're worth nearly a white can between them.

Resumed the rescue mission I launched yesterday. Game crashed on me again switching the view between the booster and a fairing bit, so I'm guessing the underlying problem lies with ProceduralFairings somewhere.

Fired up the game again and found myself right back where I was before the game crash, so I resumed the mission yet again - this time being careful to switch views between the booster and the paywad. After de-orbiting the booster, I successfully performed a fairly textbook orbital rendezvous around Kerbin, though I did sell myself a bit short on fuel; by the time I finally zeroed out the relative velocity five meters from the disabled craft, my rescue pod was down to two seconds of fuel (said KER). It was enough for the de-orbit, though, and Kathbertha (a pilot) was successfully gang-pressed into service rescued. Did have a pretty significant design flaw on the craft, which I realized as it was coming down; I had added a heat shield between the rescue capsule and the engine...but I hadn't added a decoupler. When I had tested the survivability stats with StageRecovery in the VAB, it wasn't with the engine and fuel tank attached, either. So, the craft came down engine attached, and when the main chute deployed it slowed to a hair-raising 13 m/s. After surviving the heat of re-entry, the engine and attached fuel tank blew on impact...luckily everything else above that survived.

Also came down in the mountains, so there was the 45-degree grade on which the craft came down. Should add that too...

Anyways, after that I made Kathbertha earn her pay by taking up a pair of tourists on an orbital hop. That was a pretty routine mission, though it gave me a chance to test out the latest updates to StageRecovery; I'm happy to say that it is working once again with my selection of mods. Picked up a contract to do some surface pressure readings in the vicinity of KSC - that one oughta be easy money.

Bob's still on his way to Mun; he makes the Munar encounter in seven hours. I should probably stop farting around and have him get on with it already...

Just now, Mikki said:

OxTPI1c.png

Arrg you did it! :0.0: It was my next project.

Such a beautiful peace of engineering. I remember having read that a Russian feminin magazine got a short article about it in the early 90s where they wrote it was hard to imagine that a aircraft with lines so pures was a vector of death.

36 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Arrg you did it! :0.0: It was my next project.

Such a beautiful peace of engineering. I remember having read that a Russian feminin magazine got a short article about it in the early 90s where they wrote it was hard to imagine that a aircraft with lines so pures was a vector of death.

Awwh thank you, i made it really simple with a ramairduct from Nerteas MkIV mod, however the swept wing mechanic isn`t in here but i tried to catch the sleek silhouette and the proper bay allignment.
The american B-1 is very similar, and there are lots of other big supersonic jets around still.
Go ahead and show your Kerbal Kupolew!:D 

Bread and butter science missions. Twin probes to Moho and Kallas.

qXiwAqq.jpg

...almost twin probes. The Kallas probe needed an RTG, since it's pretty hard to generate power off a candle at twenty paces.

I kept expecting Kallas to unfurl into a giant planet-eating demon :/

How do you control the image size when you embed it? :( I want my pics to be click and zoom too.

jui4v6P.jpg

The engineer team at the Minmus Fab built and launch two of these on the eve of the Jool window. An unmanned one bound to meet the station at Kerbin, with gravity assist from Mün, and this one, with everyone in it, bound for Mün. Everyone's worried... I'd be too if I was in there. The probe core's driving. There's no pilot to comfort them in person. The base here has not been abandoned but it won't be required anymore for a while, and its crew have earned themselves a break from building MaterialKits.

8ATi5nF.jpg 

Lithia L departs 2 days later, crewed by two pilots and two scientists. From Minmus to Jool, she's "green lining." If I can have her return directly to Minmus then I can call this mission The Green Loop. :0.0: ...The best that Lithia can do out there, though, is probe the moons inside out and land on Vall. But that's all I need this time around. She's my NX-01. :)

biIkgUA.jpg 

All of the Minmus Fab crew safely arrive at the Missionary Outpost and prepare for their Münion (10? days later). This gentleman, Malfurt Kerman is the first to disembark and man the Oildog to refuel the Saucer, and with that Jebediah can return to KSC. He ought to be crying now as word traveled fast of Lithia's departure. Now we have one large happy team instead of two small lonesome ones. And they're going to be quite happy with what I have planned for them to replace that outpost ...and that oildog with.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

They are jittery because wheels in 1.1.3 are broken. The structure is very firm actually (except for suspension obviously), Autostrut somewhat mitigates the problem. With autostrut disabled, and under heavy load they get VERY jittery - and this is a load right at the limit of durability of these wheels..

That platform can cross that crawlerway with nearly zero jitter when not loaded with ISRU and two rocket engines...

More low-tech infrastructure.

Mun Station One is in orbit and happily transmitting science. There's a lone scientist there doing all the work, but she seems to enjoy it well enough. Introvert, I guess. There are days I'd like to be all by myself orbiting the Mun too.

She's there all by herself because her pilot companion had to run a rescue mission to pick up some unfortunate soul stuck in high orbit around Kerbin. That's now done. 

Next up is more infrastructure (in LKO this time), recovering the almost-dry orbital tug used for the rescue mission, then sending it back with a supply mission that has more fuel, another scientist, and at least one pilot.