What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Finished my new spacestation and transfered the additional fuel tank from the old one to the new one:

0051A6F5DBE374247F1DB35DB963E0D333065126

then proceded to force the old one out of orbit with the rescue capsul for the crew and watered the rescue capsul and safely destroying the old station. It was a good day :)

Today i orbited a stock-based CSM with my flag on it,but i didn't make it.Here's a few pics

In orbit before final Deployment:

screenshot0-200x186.png

After Deployment:

screenshot15-200x186.png

screenshot21-200x186.png

Mods:http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/sdhi-service-module-system/(the service module,docking port,heat shield,fairings,fairing base,and abort cover),http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30472-0-21-x-KSPX-Kerbal-Stock-Part-eXpansion-mod-reposted-v0-2-3(abort tower)http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-21-x-Universe-Replacer-v4-0/page39?p=577914#post577914(clouds on kerbin)

Edited by OrianCEV

Designed a single launch to Tylo rocket with a 3 man crew. There's no annoying asparagus nonsense in this thing. This is good old fashioned serial staging!

I call it Tylo 5, cuz I thought it kind of resembles the saturn 5... Maybe not that much, but a little.

Only tested it to orbit so far, but my calculations (eyeballed guesstimates) show that it has enough delta V to complete the task.

tylo5.jpg

Edited by maccollo

Unsuccessfully attempted to land on Mun, resulting in the death of Samton Kerbin.

Successfully landed on the surface of the Mun with Munar Mk 2, in a Samton Crater. However, used up too much juice landing and now the lander & Kerbonaut are stranded on the Mun.

Unsuccessfully attempted to land the main ship in an attempt to rescue the stranded Kerbal. Touched down just fine, but the main ship wasn't designed from landing and thus had no landing gear. My heart was in my throat as it toppled and swayed gently on the engine before falling gracefully to the Munar surface, causing the command module to become detached from the main part of the vessel.

So far, Mun has cost 1 Kerbonaut's life, and has stranded 3 others.

Bill Kerbin is currently solo-flying a rescue mission in an attempt to bring the 3 stranded Kerbonauts back to Kerbin safely.

In the words of Gene Kranz: failure is not an option, people!

Tried to make a spaceplane that is launched from a big airplane, all in Lack Luster Labs parts and stock.

PzR3xmQ.jpg

Honestly, making the "big airplane" was easier than making the small spaceplane (it is space only and atmo-gliding though)

The problem is that I begun making the spaceplane before the launcher...

Also, a difficulty I met was: the time I ejected the spaceplane, it used to crash at the airplane and spin (because of engine placement, it was slightly up instead of in the middle of it), so I fixed it. But, after fixing, I couldn't take off anymore, for some reason, it just rolled right, even though the landing gear was perfectly vertical.

So now I just use the spaceplane for short atmospheric flight, it actually works, taking off and manouvering perfectly.

I also made a Tow + Refuel Truck, with LLL, KAS and infernal robotics.

eud5o2B.png

The current version is slightly different from the picture, it has a generator so it doesn't have such energy problems and also some other little things.

It was easy to make and every problem I came up in the making was easily corrected.

Tried to do a tethered pseudogravity ship (ship-cable-ship, all spinning madly). Wound up learning that it was wise to put a breakaway decoupler between the winch and the capsule... and that it was a good thing I used the old (but still useable) ST Escape Pod as my capsule. The craft started to tumble, and all attempts to regain control simply added tot he problem. SO, I cut my losses, ejected the winch... and watched it come howling back around and slam into my Service Module, obliterating the fuel tank.

Still managed to MANUALLY deorbit and land some 15 km off the coast of the Space Center. Not bad work, and I learned a valuable lesson about the next step of my project: Going bigger with a pair of Crew Tanks. Let's just say that I'm going to be adding two cables per crew tank, not the wimpy single cable I used today...

Worked on getting a functional Crew Transfer Vehicle with my standard Delta II/IV/IV Heavy-inspired lifter family.

E5WlqLs.png The single core IV worked great. This is the II.

Then I stuck my X-19 Pterodactyl on a vertical launch stack because, why not? It sure as heck wasn't making it to orbit on it's own.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think I hate the Pterodactyl.

Edited by theonegalen
copy edit

Did some boilerplate tests of my boosters for the Constellation Space Program challenge. I can report that the designs worked as intended (though getting the strutting down on the SRBs was quite a challenge) and I should be officially joining the challenge in the very near future. Today I'll be working on this notion of a "pressurized rover" the challenge calls for.

Finally managed this:

IeIDbKN.png

Sadly, failed attempts cost the lives of Jebediah and Bill.

But at least Bob now has his little base with crew and view on Kerbin.

I recognise that flag from my youth! That's the LEGO Explorien flag!

3298p10.png

Thanks for the happy memories!