What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today, as usual, I have not accomplished much. I tried out the new ISA MapSat update, and made a landing probe to fly to a really high mountain that I found from the data I collected with an ISA MapSat.

I still need to get around to continuing my Laythe base, as well as getting a second probe to Moho after I accidentally quick-loaded my first one back to low Kerbin orbit. :/

Did a one man Gemini mission(s) in one go. I launched an Agena module, Rendezvoused with it, EVA/space walked and boosted to a higher orbit using the Agena module. I think deorbited the whole thing and landed. After that I quick threw together Apollo 8. It took a couple of tries to get as close as I could to the actual launcher, but I managed it within a few ounces of fuel to get to the Mun, orbit and return to Kerbin.

Shortly I'll do Apollo 12. I already did the Lunar probe missions as well as Mercury.

To tired tonight to construct a proper launcher, CSM and LM. Probably going to go with a single Kerbal lander instead of a true double Apollo lander. After that I'll do Apollo 14+ with a rover mission to the Mun. Then I'll briefly hit up Minimus before making for Duna for probe and lander missions. Pre-Duna, but post Minimus I'll do a small/medium Kerbin space station.

After that, dunno.

I decided to start from scratch this time around even though I've been everywhere except Eloo and a couple of Jol's moons.

Been slower than I'd like too as 4 weeks ago I hurt my back (herniated disk) and I was recovering okay when I blew out my back completely last Sunday. Ended up in the ER (slipping in a store when leaning on a shopping cart). Recovering faster than I thought I would, but sitting is still not great, but I am finally able to sit semi-reclined and work on my laptop comfortably. Hopefully sitting will be comfortable enough to get back to both KSP more full time as well as actually getting my butt back to work as between the two injuries I've been out at least a combined 2 weeks and gone through a good third of my accumulated sick leave from the last few years (I only get 13 days a year and have 3 kids under 6, so I DO need to use it occasionally).

c'est la vie. I am just glad to both be feeling somewhat better and be back to KSPing, even though I had hoped to be on to big space stations and colonies by this point. Oh well.

Today I launched up a jumbo 64 to my space station, docked up, then sent up the other half of a prolonged-journey-ship (four nuclear engines, a big monoprop tank, a hitchhiker and a mk 2 landercan to send 2 Kerbals on prolonged missions without landing) to connect up. I have 6000 something delta-V burning in my pocket after pulling up to a 300 klick orbit, and sure we're not landing so it's not *that* impressive but hopefully I can send them into orbit around Duna and then back home before entering a stable orbit again. It doesn't have parachutes or landing gear or a >1 TWR, so I'll put it in permanent orbit and find a way to bring the kerbalnauts home from there, so I can use it for future journeys after refueling.

Totally called it. :D

In my case, I (again) spent the day staring into the sky for the magic boulder, then when I got bored of that, started putting together a small research station to put in close (hopefully synchronous if I'm lucky) orbit around the sun. Testing a prototype in high Kerbin orbit to make sure everything works so far.

7tGBr5C.jpg

Edited by Sapphire
Fixing my spelling mistakes!

Today was a good day. My first Mun landing, and the Kerbal returned. My second Mun landing, and the Kerbal returned. My first Minimus landing... and the Kerbal returned (barely). Only using the KW Rocketry mod :). Going to try for Duna tonight!

Conducted two Munar probe landings, and a successful test of an upper stage to deliver Kerbals to the Mun.

Both Mun 2 and Mun 3 employed a technique I saw described elsewhere on this forum to deposit the probe lander where I wanted it. Specifically, I adjusted the orbit to have a periapsis of ~5 km above the landing site, then used my probe's upper stage to kill as much horizontal velocity as I could before jettisoning it. Was able to guide the lander down and still have some fuel left in the tank.

Oh yes, Mun 3 found this south of its position:

xmF60SE.png

I now have a good idea where my first Kerballed landing will go... once I design and test a lander.

I spent the day building and testing a new lightweight, re-usable rover delivery system that uses a small VTOL-capable ship to deploy on any airless surface. Thanks to the limitations of the game (and the Subassembly Loader mod), I couldn't assemble everything in one ship like I'd wanted, so I settled for staggered orbital delivery and assembly instead.

Stellar Express-001 resides placidly on the pad, patiently awaiting its moment to obliterate the relative peace and quiet of the evening

RNCgrQe.png

10km and climbing, carrying its cheap-as-chips cargo: the first manned lightweight rover assembly, built by General Elektrik

fqQdm7p.png

The crew performs the necessary activities for the ship to enter standby mode, while it waits for its sister to arrive. The cargo bay is opened to prevent heat buildup and to provide an interesting photo op.

GPIz7uA.png

This will be the rover's second testing deployment, but only its first beyond Kerbin orbit. This mission will test both the rover and its deployment system on the Mün.

f3X7cph.jpg

Standby preparations completed, Stellar Express-001 shuts down all non-essential systems while the crew takes advantage of a rare opportunity to sleep in while getting paid.

ciycrN8.png

Stellar Express-002 assumes its parking orbit an hour later and immediately begins its own standby preparations. SE-002 will carry the Mosquito rover deployment vessel, which will launch and rendezvous with it shortly.

Erpt1uH.png

IhnuWjh.png

The Mosquito has the dubious distinction to be the first vessel to be built and deployed without ever having received an official hull designation or even a flight number. Its development was so rushed that engineers were forced to simply duplicate the Stellar Express launch lifter system for it...

PJhXBYi.png

...which resulted in the ship reaching a stable orbit well before its final lifter stage had been depleted. While generally considered wasteful, Jeb's only comment about it was to shrug and holler "NEXT!" into the assembly building.

AX716AL.png

In vacuum, the Mosquito is fast and incredibly stable in both lateral and vertical flight modes. The Flight Director at Mission Kontrol was heard to remark that it looked like "a bullet with butterfly wings", which prompted one of the techs to come running over and high-five him. Applications for a recently-opened technical position are being accepted. The former technician's Smashing Pumpkins CD collection will be auctioned off to provide badly-needed financing for a new microwave in the main break room.

6yJbizD.png

Because the Mosquito was always intended to operate in airless environments, it was deemed "safe enough" to mount a secondary control seat outside, and is the only means of delivering a second rover driver to the deployment location.

QtpRxf7.jpg

Approaching SE-002 as it assumes docking configuration.

WZgAO96.png

Rendezvous and final docking were performed in record-breaking time from the Mosquito's launch (about 20 minutes).

3dT0aSC.png

Safely locked-down in SE-002's docking bay, the crew relay the success of mission stage 1 to Kontrol before returning to standby and awaiting their window for Münar transfer in about a day's time.

v2sDxYh.png

Edited by Deadweasel

I did quite a bit of small things today...

1. Planted my flag on Minmus (stock, .19.4 landing), and returned the crew after 8 days on Minmus.

Called them back 22 days before the mission was supposed to finish so they could join the colony ships heading to Laythe.

2.I rescued the pilot from the Anubis, and returned him to the colony ship.

The Anubis is now a memorial to a great flight (one of my ribbons is that flight)

3. Ended my Kerbin Hotel project, planting a flag on the spot of the former base and moving the Kerbals to transport rockets, so they can occupy the colony ship.

4. Launched Transport Mission 3, to the colony ship (4 is ready on the ground, crewed by those from the Kerbin Hotel)

5. Moved the Kerbals from Mission 3 to the Colony Ship (~75 of ~130 on the ship)

The Colony Ship is for Laythe, part of a fleet that will visit all of the Moons of Jool, dropping colonies on Laythe and dropping a backup colony on Vall (incase of any emergencies).

This fleet will also leave flags, small buildings or facilities, and/or rovers on the all of the moons, depending on the world (no rover on Pol).

Finaly finished this:

LkxeVvj.jpg

While it was fine with lighter than maximum payloads, It had structural failures with the maximum payload of 400t. Today I finaly fixed these issues. Was kind of anoying, since one launch had an average duration of 35 minutes. And I had to do a LOT of launches.

Finaly finished this:

While it was fine with lighter than maximum payloads, It had structural failures with the maximum payload of 400t. Today I finaly fixed these issues. Was kind of anoying, since one launch had an average duration of 35 minutes. And I had to do a LOT of launches.

:0.0:

Wow!

Can you post a .craft file?

Also, does it have any mods in the launcher?